PDA

View Full Version : Sega Teases Valkyria Chronicles 3 announcement

Megalith
01-09-10, 17:41
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx139/mikamis_head/image2.png
Sega opened a teaser site with a silhouettes of shocktroopers and a tank. Seems like another Valkyria Chronicles game to us. The URL also has a connection to the series. Valkyria Chronicles took place in 1935 and the site is code1935.jp.

Last week, we reported that Sega registered the domain name valkyria3.jp. The site required a password to access it then, but is now open to the public. There’s nothing to see though, just a blank page.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/01/looks-like-sega-is-getting-ready-to-roll-out-a-new-valkyria-game/

I hope it's for consoles this time and not handhelds,although i'll be getting it eitherway.:p

Camera Obscura
01-09-10, 18:40
I was incredibly disappointed when Valkyria Chronicles 2 was for PSP only. I loved the first game. Here's hoping this is for consoles. :o

Trigger_happy
01-09-10, 19:01
Yay! I love this series and like you folk, I really want it to be on PS3 again. The PSP one has brilliant reviews, but it looks so much better on the big screen.

Megalith
15-09-10, 00:20
Unfortunately it was confirmed in the latest issue of Famitsu that VC3 will be for PSP (again.)

*sigh*

Camera Obscura
15-09-10, 01:37
My God why!? There was nothing wrong with it being on the PS3! D:

larafan25
15-09-10, 01:42
I hate PSP, all the good Square games seem to be exclusive to PSP.

Dissidia
Valkyrie
Dissidia
Valkyria Chronicles is made by Sega

Megalith
15-09-10, 01:46
^Valkyria Chronicles is made by Sega.:)

@Camera Obscura:Hehe,there was an internet meltdown the moment these news were leaked.I'm sure Sega will be criticized a lot for this decision in the coming days(as well as for their decision to include zombies in the new Yakuza for PS3:p)

larafan25
15-09-10, 01:49
^Valkyria Chronicles is made by Sega.:)

Of course it is.:P

Trigger_happy
15-09-10, 13:35
Well, at least Sega are investing in the series. I still haven't got the second one yet- once my student loans come, I'm gonna go crazy.

*laralover*
15-09-10, 15:50
WHYYY!? :( Im not being horrid but VC2 wasnt half as good as the first. The story and characters seem dumbed down to me.

Megalith
16-09-10, 21:14
WHYYY!? :( Im not being horrid but VC2 wasnt half as good as the first. The story and characters seem dumbed down to me.

Yeah.I haven't played VC2 yet but from what i've seen in videos the characters look and behave like they belong in another generic and cheap anime.The gameplay though seems good from what i played in the demo,and even expands some aspects of the original.For this reason alone i will definitely buy it someday.

However a second game for the PSP is too much,and i'll probably pass on it.:/