PDA

View Full Version : Child abuse?

maniakatosheto
02-09-10, 06:36
I was scrolling through facebook the other day and fell on a story so harsh and bad and decieded to make a video on it
a-1WnsiM7_8
Note the picture is really brutal it ain't photoshopped it's a brutal ending listen to the story and note and let everyone know your opinion on this violent topic.

TombOfRaiders
02-09-10, 07:30
I'm totally against Child Abuse. What a sad story :(. People like that have no place on this Earth.

Lara_Fan_33
02-09-10, 07:31
i dont even want to watch the video because of the picture :( i cant believe that people get away with that

Cochrane
02-09-10, 09:47
What scares me most here is not just the horrible child abuse (btw, the video may be too graphic to be posted here), but also that threads about putting a cat in a trash can receive way more "OMG how cruel!" responses than this over the same time.

Paddy
02-09-10, 09:49
I'm totally against Child Abuse. What a sad story :(. People like that have no place on this Earth.
Id imagine most people are against it :p its sick to think theres anything good about it.

Ward Dragon
02-09-10, 09:56
What scares me most here is not just the horrible child abuse (btw, the video may be too graphic to be posted here), but also that threads about putting a cat in a trash can receive way more "OMG how cruel!" responses than this over the same time.

The video is a still image of that picture with someone reading a poem describing abuse from a child's point of view. I'm on the fence about whether to remove the video due to the image or not, so I'll leave it for now.

But anyhow, yeah, child abuse is horrible and I'm surprised that the cat gets a bigger reaction :o

Mad Tony
02-09-10, 10:55
What scares me most here is not just the horrible child abuse (btw, the video may be too graphic to be posted here), but also that threads about putting a cat in a trash can receive way more "OMG how cruel!" responses than this over the same time.Oh yeah, I agree with you there. I can guarantee if this thread were about cats getting abused we'd already be on 5 pages.

Child abuse really sickens me though. I don't even like children but it really touches a nerve.

Legend of Lara
02-09-10, 10:59
Child abuse really sickens me though. I don't even like children but it really touches a nerve.

Same here. :I

Avalon SARL
02-09-10, 11:17
That's terrible :mad::(:mad:
I can't believe who would eve find this in his heart :hea:
Poor children
Such people who do this deserve immediate death :mad: and I just dont see any point in why they should be ever forgiven.

Shirley_Manson
02-09-10, 11:18
And where are the social services? Things like this are happening all the time, and yet nothing. Parents conceal it, neighbors conceal it, brothers and sisters are too scared. And, we aren't talking only about physical abuse, but psychological, sexual, and neglecting.
I'd really like to see social service visiting young parents once a month on a regular basis, and examining the child and the living conditions.
Because theres loads of psychopaths on the loose today.

Liara
02-09-10, 11:22
threads about putting a cat in a trash can receive way more "OMG how cruel!" responses than this over the same time.
That's because the one with the cat was caught on tape. People who see the actual abuse in a video tend to respond more strongly.

Rai
02-09-10, 11:52
@Shirley Manson: Younger parents? Whilst I think it is fair for younger or less experienced parents should be given help, they are not necessarily going to be more likely to be prone to be abusers, and in no way should be viewed as such. New parents are either visted in their home by a health visitor or encouraged to visit a clinic on a regular basis while their baby is small but as the child grows to toddler age, the visits become less frequent. No parent wants to feel as if their child is viewed as 'at risk' because of the parents' age, sadly, it isn't about the parents age, child abusers are any age.

Child abuse of any kind is horrible and more should be done to protect children. But, sadly, abusers are often very good at hiding it, and a neighbour maybe too scared to do anything. Any case of a child who is 'at risk' should be looked at more thoroughly - and social workers also need to be vetted. Look at the case of Child P. It's so sad, that quite often cases are over looked. But at the same time, parents who are less experienced or whatever can often feel paranoid becuase social services are keeping an eye on them. I suppose, it comes down to case by case scenario.

maniakatosheto
02-09-10, 11:58
Sorry that the image is too graphic. The person reading the poem is me. I sincerely hate child abuse :( A mother that lets the father beat the child like in the story should leave the father.. not help him beat the poor child to death :(

I, Tomb Raider
02-09-10, 12:03
It's so sad. :(

Rai
02-09-10, 12:04
Sorry that the image is too graphic. The person reading the poem is me. I sincerely hate child abuse :( A mother that lets the father beat the child like in the story should leave the father.. not help him beat the poor child to death :(

I didn't quite catch everything that was being expressed in the poem, sorry :o, but while I agree with you, it may not always be as simple. A mother whose partner is hurting the child may be afraid to do anything, may also be abused by the partner. A mother's instinct is to protect her child (or should be), and if the mother is also abusing the child, then that is awful too, but if a mother is also a victim, it is harder to get away, it could be mother in that situation is too afraid to do or say anything to get herself and hser child free :(.

maniakatosheto
02-09-10, 12:10
My name is Chris ,I am three,My eyes are swollen..I cannot see.
I must be stupid,I must be bad,What else could have made,My daddy so mad?
I wish I were better,I wish I weren't ugly,Then maybe my mommy,Would still want to hug me.
I can't do a wrong,I can't speak at all,Or else I'm locked up,All day long.
When I'm awake,I'm all alone,The house is dark,My folks aren't home.
When my mommy does come home,I'll try and be nice,So maybe I'll just get,One whipping tonight.
I just heard a car,My daddy is back,From Charlie's bar
I hear him curse,My name is called ,I press myself,
Against the wall. I try to hide,From his evil eyes,I'm so afraid now,
I'm starting to cry. He finds me weeping,Calls me ugly words,He says its my fault,He suffers at work.
He slaps and hits me,And yells at me more,I finally get free,And run to the door.
He's already locked it,And I start to bawl,He takes me and throws me,
Against the hard wall. I fall to the floor,With my bones nearly broken,
And my daddy continues,With more bad words spoken. 'I'm sorry!', I scream,
But it's now much to late,His face has been twisted,Into a unimaginable shape.
The hurt and the pain,Again and again,
O please God, have mercy! O please let it end! And he finally stops,And heads for the door,
While I lay there motionless,Sprawled on the floor. My name is Chris ,I am three,Tonight my daddy,
Murdered me.And you can help,Sickens me to the soul,If you read this,And don't pass it on.
I pray for your forgiveness,You would have to be,One heartless person,Not to be affected, By this Poem.And because you ARE affected,Do something about it!So all I ask you to do, Is pass this on!
IF YOU ARE AGAINST CHILD ABUSE! Post this as 'Daddy ... It hurts'
here is the poem :(

Shirley_Manson
02-09-10, 12:26
@Rai - it's true, you never know who is a child abuser, maybe that 50 year old man across the street, or that young mother you saw at the mall, or someone else you could never think of.
But shouldn't children be our first concern? Because, one mistake of the state could cost a child its normal life. Why are parents allowed to beat up they're children for moths or even years? Kinda makes me wish there was more police work around.

EDIT: I was thinking of young parents because of this horrible experience I had at the hospital when I was sick. As the doctor was examining me, suddenly a nurse bursted in carrying x-rays of a baby. On the x rays doctor saw various bone fragments and damages. I saw the mother, young, tall, beautiful. Days later, as I was still lying in the hospital, I heard it was determined the mother was the one who had beaten up the child.

Legend of Lara
02-09-10, 12:45
There are, like, a million versions of that. Some even used as chainmail.
:I

TRfan23
02-09-10, 12:56
It's sick!

People who do that really need serious serious help!

I may not like children either because I just cannot cope with them (hard work to look after), but to abuse helpless/defenseless creatures is sick!

The poem is sad :(

HappyShannon
02-09-10, 13:12
Child abuse disgusts me :/ When I'm older I plan on fostering children :)

Chocola teapot
02-09-10, 13:19
How absolutely Terrible! :(

DillonDeBoda
02-09-10, 13:23
I feel bad for those kids... :( I don't think any kid should EVER get hurt by there parents :(

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 13:51
Child abuse is absolutely disgusting :( I hate it just as much as animal abuse.

TippingWater
02-09-10, 13:55
I hate all forms of abuse ! Usually the abusers just abuse the ones that are weaker than them :mad::hea: .

Sgt BOMBULOUS
02-09-10, 13:59

What if it was a really nice cat? :rolleyes:

I agree 100% though... People around here seem to haul out the torches & pitchforks to every animal cruelty story, and yet when it involves people they're generally apathetic.

Shirley_Manson
02-09-10, 14:01
I hate all forms of abuse ! Usually the abusers just abuse the ones that are weaker than them :mad::hea: .

TRUE! Abusers seek weaker and the ones that are showing fear, because they are the ideal victims. Abusers possess great cowardice. The victim just has to fight back, when possible.
In this case it, unfortunately isn't possible.:(

interstellardave
02-09-10, 14:23

The cat story gets it's share of "that's funny" posts too. It makes you want to speak up against it just to stand opposed to those who'd make light of it.

This... well, this is so horrible, that you hardly need to say how bad it is. It's obvious. :mad:

Lara's home
02-09-10, 14:25

That is so wierd, right? Why don't they abuse those who are stronger than them?

Dennis's Mom
02-09-10, 16:33
*shakes head* I can't understand how anyone could hurt an animal or a child. It's just beyond me. :(