PDA

View Full Version : Do artists/creative people appeal to you?

silviu_raider
02-09-10, 10:35
Do artists/creative people appeal to you?

Simple as that.

Do artistic/creative persons appeal to you?

Personally, I find them very appealing and interesting because when you read/see/hear something what a creative person has written/painted/sang, you get an insight of that person, or what that person feels at that moment, or in that moment it made that creative task.

I could say that I could fall, in love, more easily for a creative person, or fancy them, rather than for a non-creative one, because, like I said, I find them very interesting and appealing.

Avalon SARL
02-09-10, 12:34
Yes ofcourse...

I am a painter, writer/poet (still unknown though :p) and I do understand what you mean
I find other talented friends who are artists to be very appealing and great to befriend :)

Ok, so how about befriending me then, now that you know I'm an artist :p :p :p :jmp:

Shirley_Manson
02-09-10, 12:39
Yes, probably because I'm not creative AT ALL and miss that characteristic very much. Sniff.

Dina_Croft
02-09-10, 12:40
Do artists/creative people appeal to you?

Oh Hell Yes.

:cln:

moodydog
02-09-10, 12:48
I seem to misinterpret what creativity actually is. How do you know if you are or not?

Its like, I was told I am by my art teacher... I just seem to have very good technical ability, yet when I told a few people my ideas for my art projects, they said 'I can tell you were probably very good at English'

Is creativity the originality and influences of ones ideas, or the means and ability to express those ideas in a physical form.

anyone can scribble on piece of paper, some people can create an idea or story behind the scribble

silviu_raider
02-09-10, 12:52
@Avalon SARL: Of course I'll befriend you now that you're an artist! :p :ohn:

@moodydog: Creativity, IMO, can be expressed in many ways.
Painting, singing, writing, basically, bringing your ideas to life, develop them, something that has a part of you in it.

@Shirley_Manson: But have you actually tried something?
Painting, singing etc...

@Dina_Croft: *high5* :ohn: :p xD

HappyShannon
02-09-10, 13:10
Yes, because creative people are very interesting <3 :D

I'm a writer and lyricist and singer (but I'm undiscovered :pi:) and I find other people who do things like that - especially singers and songwriters - very appealing :p

Chocola teapot
02-09-10, 13:20
Absolutely, Other artists are often very inspiring! :D

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 13:56
Definately :p & its not just because of creative ability -- artistic/creative people look at the world differently I find. They appreiciate beauty and see it everywhere :)

Mikky
02-09-10, 14:06
Yes, they do. :)

Rai
02-09-10, 14:18
Definately :p & its not just because of creative ability -- artistic/creative people look at the world differently I find. They appreiciate beauty and see it everywhere :)

Yeah I agree with this.

Of course I am attracted to creative people, in genreal as well as romaantically. Like attracts like, after all.

However, there are times, when my own creativity is met with 'oh that's nice' *bored look* or 'Oh, what do you do/are you gonna do for a real job? :rolleyes:

Ampersand
02-09-10, 14:28
Definitely. Only "real" creatives, though, not special-snowflake artistes and bad poets. Imagination is attractive.

Lara's home
02-09-10, 14:33
No, I hate them.:confused:

Ampersand
02-09-10, 14:37
No, I hate them.:confused:

Well, you have creative people to thank for the video games you play, the music you listen to, the films you watch, and your avatar.

tonyme
02-09-10, 16:30
Of course, I do because I'm one of them.:p And we share a lot of common interests so it's always nice to befriend them and build interesting relations.:)

Lara's home
02-09-10, 16:59
Well, you have creative people to thank for the video games you play, the music you listen to, the films you watch, and your avatar.

I don't even know what to respond with.

Ampersand
02-09-10, 17:00
I don't even know what to respond with.

Try "that was just my abortive attempt at looking witty".

Lara's home
02-09-10, 17:03
Try "that was just my abortive attempt at looking witty".

Or maybe, "What's the point of this thread?"

TRhalloween
02-09-10, 17:05
Or maybe, "What's the point of this thread?"

"Do artists/creative people appeal to you?"

Lara's home
02-09-10, 17:06
"Do artists/creative people appeal to you?"
Will anyone, ever say no and mean it?

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 17:08

Yeah. Some people might feel creative people spend too much time on their work than spending time with them. My mother thought that about my father and then the divorce happened :/

TRhalloween
02-09-10, 17:08

Yes, people who aren't particularly interested in them.

Lara's home
02-09-10, 17:10
Yeah. Some people might feel creative people spend too much time on their work than spending time with them. My mother thought that about my father and then the divorce happened :/

No. Creative people are creative. That does not in any way imply that they are using too much time on anything.

¨Yes, people who aren't particularly interested in them.

Creativity appeals to everyone.

Alpharaider47
02-09-10, 17:29
Oh I definitely find them more appealing :whi:

ozzman
02-09-10, 17:55
the Lyrics that Dio Wrote inspire my peoms that i try not to share, i may write something and some random person amy steal it and make millions :D i liked the magic theme his lyrics have , and using this style gives me ideas for poems or random writings

Rai
02-09-10, 18:31

In fairness, this could be true of any profession. Business people spending too much time at the ofice, a doctor working several shifts etc. A creative person may spend a lot of time in their own space at home trying to create I guess and get 'lost' in their creations/imagination.

RunrigNutter
02-09-10, 18:51
Of coure, with creative people I dont think I still be writing lyrics.

Tombraiderx08
02-09-10, 19:06
Most of them, yes :)

coolaideonfire
02-09-10, 19:10
Most definitely. It's a sweeping generalisation but I have found that creative people I know are more in touch with their emotions and a lot more open minded.

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 20:12
No. Creative people are creative. That does not in any way imply that they are using too much time on anything.

¨

Creativity appeals to everyone.

You asked :p I just thought of one reason.

In fairness, this could be true of any profession. Business people spending too much time at the ofice, a doctor working several shifts etc. A creative person may spend a lot of time in their own space at home trying to create I guess and get 'lost' in their creations/imagination.

I know :) But Lara's Home asked if anybody would actually say no and I just thought of one reason, Of course it could apply to any profession.

Lara's home
02-09-10, 21:01
I know :) But Lara's Home asked if anybody would actually say no and I just thought of one reason, Of course it could apply to any profession.

But that reason can be aplied to anything. For example,

"Do people who work appeal to you?"
-"No, because some people's work may be too time-consuming"?

You can't dislike creativity itself (just like employment).

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 21:10
Meh :p I just tried to think of a reason

MiCkiZ88
02-09-10, 21:14
Yes, and I am in a relationship with one. :D Never a dull day. Artistic minds tend to cause loads of arguments though.

A.JJ.G
02-09-10, 21:21
Yes. Artists/creative people definitely appeal to me. I have several friends at school, all of them have quite similar interests to me, but I find myself more at home, and more open with people who are artistic and/or creative. Today, when I was in Media, I talked to this person and, TBH, I found talking to her much more interesting than anything my friends had to say. Same as my friends in Art.

erosan
03-09-10, 02:16
hell to the yes, i go to a school full of them, and i LOVE it.

LaraLuvrrr
03-09-10, 05:12
Yes and it's a shame the older I get the more I feel my creative self disappearing.

scoopy_loopy
03-09-10, 06:14
Yes, I absolutely adore creative people. The only creative people I dislike, are the ones who would presume to look down on you for not being as creative as they are, at whatever it happens to be that they enjoy creating.

AmericanAssassin
03-09-10, 06:15
The only creative people I dislike, are the ones who would presume to look down on you for not being as creative as they are.

:tmb:

CiaKonwerski
03-09-10, 06:16
Not very.