PDA

View Full Version : Are you a hoarder?

Saphyre
02-09-10, 17:10
Do you keep everything you've ever owned, even though you know you probably won't need it in future?

Hell I do. I still have all my childhood stuff, like teddies that I had as a kid - all kept away in a cupboard. Mum says I'll need to have a clear out, but I can't bring myself to get rid of any of it, in case I might want it in future (even though I know I probably won't.)

Its not just childhood items either, the same applies to when I'm on the computer. My HD is stuffed full of documents, pictures, the works, which I never throw away because I think I might want to look at them or I might need them in future!

How 'bout you?

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-09-10, 17:13
I keep a couple of things from my childhood for sentimental purposes, but I'm far from a hoarder. I like to be in a tidied up atmosphere, and I have no qualms with getting rid of stuff. :p

Sgt BOMBULOUS
02-09-10, 17:19
I have to fight the urge to hoard random crap... I have a bin full of clothes I haven't worn in 4 years. I think if you go more than a year without using something (excluding things like first aid kits etc...), you don't need it.

In regards to digital hording, I don't see the problem with it. Storage gas gotten so damn cheap it's hard to justify deleting anything.

Avalon SARL
02-09-10, 17:24
I keeep the most precious things like my childhood novels, gifts from very special friends :)

But stuff that become an obstacle in the way, yeah i get rid of them...
like everything from school and university:vlol:

ozzman
02-09-10, 17:57
i hoard papers and packets from School, who knows when i may need to know how to slice a whole chicken again

domina
02-09-10, 17:59
I have a few childhood toys I don't think I could part with, namely my fancy Barbies my grandmother used to get me for Christmas, but with little exceptions, I regularly get rid of crap I don't need anymore. Same for my computer--I'll go through it about once a month and clean out my files that I don't have any use for.

Alpharaider47
02-09-10, 18:58
I've held onto a few things over the years but I wouldn't call myself a hoarder.

jackles
02-09-10, 19:02
yes I do and someone told me that it is another facet of OCD which I have suffered from in the past. Not that it it bothers me, I just like having stuff.

coolaideonfire
02-09-10, 19:08
Absolutely! It drives me insane at home but it comes in handy at work as I tend to require a copy of everything I do... so being a hoarder means I rarely, if ever, misplace stuff. It's all stuffed in drawers and folders.

Dennis's Mom
02-09-10, 19:20
I try to get rid of stuff all the time. Moving a lot helps, because then you can't get "entrenched" with your stuff.

Shirley_Manson
02-09-10, 19:54
Yes! I always keep random junk, worn out clothes, notebooks I don't need, gadgets that aren't working, old magazines, even old make up. I think I do it because I get emotionally attached to things.
Everyone in my family is a hoarder too. My friend once told me how her mother orders her once a year to throw half of her clothes into trash.

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 20:18
I am :o I keep everything

voltz
02-09-10, 20:25
I'm having some trouble making my place habitable aside from looking like a storage unit. :o

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 20:27
I'm having some trouble making my place habitable aside from looking like a storage unit. :o

same :vlol: except my room looks like a dragon's cave or something :p minus the skeletons. Although I have cardboard skulls off my indiana jones display...

Draco
02-09-10, 20:28
I'm not a Hoarder:

http://eve.wikia.com/wiki/Hoarder

voltz
02-09-10, 20:36
Pack-rat is the key term here.

Saphyre
02-09-10, 20:38
I'm not a Hoarder:

http://eve.wikia.com/wiki/Hoarder

lol, it'd be cool if you were though?

:}hello friend
02-09-10, 20:39
I hoard food. Honestly, I eat until I'm full, then you can have whatever's left.

Draco
02-09-10, 20:41
lol, it'd be cool if you were though?

If I was going to be a spaceship, I'd want to be one with a cool (read: hot) avatar... like Andromeda lol.

Archetype
02-09-10, 20:44
I've got a bunch of random childhood things in a box at the bottom of my wardrobe, including various beanie babies.. oO

ryan91
02-09-10, 20:44
no. i throw away things when i think i'm finished with them and later onday i need them then i go commit suicide :(

i wish i had never donated my old game consoles :D. tho i can find an emulator and download the games, it is not the same taste.

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 20:55
Pack-rat is the key term here.

Tip-rat :p

A.JJ.G
02-09-10, 21:25
Yes. I am a total hoarder. Period. I still have my size zero shoes (they're little pouches of velvet, not even shoes! ^_^) I can't believe I was that small only fourteen and a half years ago... wow. I also have every PS1-2 game I ever bought (despite the fact that I barely have the time to play XBOX lately). I've also got a bunch of old T-Shirts (when they're too worn to be worn in public, they become PJs.) The only things I throw out are because of painful memories, or simply because it sells for too much money to keep :P

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 21:30
Yes. I am a total hoarder. Period. I still have my size zero shoes (they're little pouches of velvet, not even shoes! ^_^) I can't believe I was that small only fourteen and a half years ago... wow. I also have every PS1-2 game I ever bought (despite the fact that I barely have the time to play XBOX lately). I've also got a bunch of old T-Shirts (when they're too worn to be worn in public, they become PJs.) The only things I throw out are because of painful memories, or simply because it sells for too much money to keep :P

omg I do that :vlol:

A.JJ.G
02-09-10, 21:37
omg I do that :vlol:

I'm running out of public T-Shirts ^_^ lucky my birthday is in a few months

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 21:44
I'm running out of public T-Shirts ^_^ lucky my birthday is in a few months

hehe aww!. My problem is I have too many clothes and nowhere to put them...but I can't throw them out! I have clothes I'll never fit into again (back from when I had an eating disorder) :vlol: but i really like them! bahhh :vlol:

HappyShannon
02-09-10, 21:58
I keep things that have sentimental value, and a lot of things that mean nothing to me :p I'd like to get rid of half the stuff in my room :/

Alpharaider47
02-09-10, 22:36
Now that I think about it, I do hang onto medkits and survival supplies... would you call that hoarding?

tranniversary119
02-09-10, 22:38
Nope. I throw away a lot of things that I don't use anymore :p

MiCkiZ88
02-09-10, 22:40
No. I am somewhat minimalistic when it comes to stuff that I own and decorating. Total opposite of my parents. They keep everything and put everything on display. :p

Of course there are objects from my childhood or recent years that I want to keep though.

Saphyre
03-09-10, 09:58
Now that I think about it, I do hang onto medkits and survival supplies... would you call that hoarding?

Nah they're like necessities, so they don't really count.

digitizedboy
03-09-10, 11:33
I had a bedroom clearance recently, and I decided that "everything" I don't use anymore must go.

Saying that though, I still keep the smaller items, like gifts and letters from family and friends.

Forwen
03-09-10, 11:46
Moving a lot teaches you not to hoard.