PDA

View Full Version : OCD or other weird syndromes?

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-09-10, 21:12
Of course everyone has something weird or different about them, some just more than others. I'm curious as to what kind of weird disorders everyone here suffers from. :vlol:

Ever since I was a kid, I've had problems with certain noises. More specifically, oral type noises (smacking, chewing fingernails, throat clearing, etc). I never really knew why, but for some reason, when I'm around those types of noises, I get extremely uneasy. Most of the time I have to get away, if possible, because it drives me insane! Of course it makes regular life difficult. My mom chews her fingernails often, and I can't stand to be around it. I've tried explaining to her why it bothers me, but she just thinks I'm being difficult, and sometimes I feel guilty that those type of things bother me so much.

However, I finally decided to do some research on it today, and it's an actual syndrome called, "Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome", or "4S". It's nice to know that it's an actual condition, but I just wish I could overcome it. O.o

Does anyone else here have anything similar? OCDs, other syndromes, etc? Feel free to share, maybe we can help each other out. :p

thecentaur
02-09-10, 21:16
I don't have OCD in a strict sense of the condition, but I do feel the need to do things a certain number of times or else I become paranoid. For example, whenever I have to lock my locker at school (it's a master lock, the one with the dial), I have to turn the dial three or more times. Any less and I get paranoid LOL

I also have to fold my bedsheet a certain way or I feel a bit uneasy.

Oh well. It's kinda interesting.

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-09-10, 21:17
haha! :vlol: I think everyone is a mental case in their own way. :p

Lara's home
02-09-10, 21:19
Listening to people pour hot water in a cup makes me want to scratch their eyes out. :(

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 21:19
I have mild OCD with certain things and also I'm an highly sensitive person:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person

Its weird, in a room full of people I get confused and feel lost unless I focus in on one person -- but I can tell how they're feeling, whether they feel shy/confident . etc...
Basically it just means my senses are heightened which has got me of of a few bad incidents! I'm actually quite psychic :o

Archetype
02-09-10, 21:21
Dry hands, hate them.

aurora89
I have a lot of weirdness. Synesthesia (mix-up of senses), "multiple personalities" (not nearly as funny/cool/exciting/crazy as that idiotic crap like United States of Tara makes it seem, I promise), seizures that present in a weird way to weird stimulii (sex, sound, and certain movements), and when my blood sugar gets low enough I start hallucinating and having delusions. There's probably more but I can't remember anything else at the moment.

And post-traumatic stress disorder, of course, from all the various medical and abuse issues I've been through. And if we wanted to get into my physical health problems, well, I have at least two rare, weird diseases and a whole bunch of more common but still unpleasant diagnoses. Endometriosis is the latest common but :hea: tentative diagnosis.

I don't really think about the relatively harmless things too often: synesthesia, DID, seizures, etc. They don't bother me or cause me distress at all, so I don't think about them unless someone else brings them up first, for the most part.

A lot of other weirdness runs in my family, mostly autism and the like. :(

peeves
I have OCD and autism like when it comes to trying to think of what to write on the GED essay that supports the topic i can't think of nothin' that's why my essay score ain't so good like i got a 2 instead of 3 or 4. Also when it comes to posting about certain things like I won't be interested in other people's topics in OC.

MiCkiZ88
02-09-10, 21:23
Before anyone complains, I have to clarify that the following condition is not considered OCD, but it is something that I consider obsessive:

I HAVE to keep everything in order. I cannot stand un-symmetry *unless it is design and meant to be so* or something that is not organized. I feel very uneasy and I cannot relax. I feel like everyone is going to point out the flaws of my apartment and then start picking up on my flaws. Thus why I always want to look clean when I go out. I hate the feeling of going out in the morning without having a shower and a shave. I feel disgusting, uneasy and worried that someone will bash me for my dirty looks.

Mainly has to do with my childhood and how I got fingers pointed at me for the smallest of things.

I still wouldnt think it is OCD, or anything serious, but it is something that I just always HAVE to do.

robm_2007
02-09-10, 21:24
i have OCD.

it used to be really ****ing annoying; those dumb thoughts that if you dont check that the stove is off your house will burn down, or completley random ones like if you step on a curb with your left foot you will trip. sometimes, i will purposely go against my OCD (and do what it tells me not to do): and sometimes those things actually happen! ugh, its so annyoing, its like (Sub-Concious) Self-Sabotage.

i started to make myself stop listening to my OCD maybe two years ago, adn most of my OCD has been much better and less-active. its quite a confliction, cuz you start to get ****sed off at yourself :o

Draco
02-09-10, 21:25
Everytime I hear a dumb person talk, my eye twitches.

Mystery-King
02-09-10, 21:27
I have a problem with nails and eyes. On CSI, I can watch them cut away any other part of the body just not them. *shudders*

And I can't be in a room in which the door is open even slightly and I don't know why, I just get so... jittery. I thought it was a phase but my mum said the other day that when I was younger I always seemed to shut any door I came across, so don't know what thats about! :p

robm_2007
02-09-10, 21:36
I have a problem with nails and eyes. On CSI, I can watch them cut away any other part of the body just not them. *shudders*

And I can't be in a room in which the door is open even slightly and I don't know why, I just get so... jittery. I thought it was a phase but my mum said the other day that when I was younger I always seemed to shut any door I came across, so don't know what thats about! :p

i used to brush my teeth and lock the door. but now i cant, cuz my dorm has a 3/4 bathroom.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
02-09-10, 21:43
I have OCD and autism like when it comes to trying to think of what to write on the GED essay that supports the topic i can't think of nothin' that's why my essay score ain't so good like i got a 2 instead of 3 or 4. Also when it comes to posting about certain things like I won't be interested in other people's topics in OC.

Can't you get an exception to take it untimed?

Everytime I hear a dumb person talk, my eye twitches.

The world must look like a disco hall to you then...

Draco
02-09-10, 21:59
At least my eyes don't dry out.

Rai
02-09-10, 22:02
I have mild OCD with certain things and also I'm an highly sensitive person:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person

Its weird, in a room full of people I get confused and feel lost unless I focus in on one person -- but I can tell how they're feeling, whether they feel shy/confident . etc...
Basically it just means my senses are heightened which has got me of of a few bad incidents! I'm actually quite psychic :o

I remember when we talked about this. I haven't seen this article before, but I have to say some of what is described there I can relate to.

I don't have an OCD or anything else weird about me :p.

tomobond875
02-09-10, 22:06
I have CDO.
It's like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE!
:p

Ampersand
Whenever something annoys or upsets me I look it up on Wikipedia to check if there's a name for it.

xXhayleyroxXx
I remember when we talked about this. I haven't seen this article before, but I have to say some of what is described there I can relate to.

I don't have an OCD or anything else weird about me :p.

we have indeed talked about it :) Im sure it was you who actually helped me find out what I had! I did a few online tests and sure enough, you were right :hug:

TRhalloween
02-09-10, 22:11
Of course everyone has something weird or different about them, some just more than others. I'm curious as to what kind of weird disorders everyone here suffers from. :vlol:

Ever since I was a kid, I've had problems with certain noises. More specifically, oral type noises (smacking, chewing fingernails, throat clearing, etc). I never really knew why, but for some reason, when I'm around those types of noises, I get extremely uneasy. Most of the time I have to get away, if possible, because it drives me insane! Of course it makes regular life difficult. My mom chews her fingernails often, and I can't stand to be around it. I've tried explaining to her why it bothers me, but she just thinks I'm being difficult, and sometimes I feel guilty that those type of things bother me so much.

However, I finally decided to do some research on it today, and it's an actual syndrome called, "Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome", or "4S". It's nice to know that it's an actual condition, but I just wish I could overcome it. O.o

Does anyone else here have anything similar? OCDs, other syndromes, etc? Feel free to share, maybe we can help each other out. :p

Um yeah, everyone has that lol

Nerd For Life
02-09-10, 22:15
OCD is hardly 'weird'. It's a real problem and I don't think people take it as seriously as they should.

xcrushterx
02-09-10, 22:16
Listening to people pour hot water in a cup makes me want to scratch their eyes out. :(

I love that sound. <3

I don't have any OCD. I can just be really pedantic about certain things, but so is everyone.

Chocola teapot
02-09-10, 22:19
Mild Ocd....

When I'm walking, In a Car, Doing anything... I have to be on the LEFT side...
EXEPT for when walking on the sides of roads... Then it HAS TO BE the RIGHT side... I DON'T KNOW WHY.

Also... When I wash out cups and stuff... I have to do it four times.

FOUR TIMES D:

Draco
02-09-10, 22:24
whenever something annoys or upsets me i look it up on wikipedia to check if there's a name for it.

owd

TheBloodRed
02-09-10, 22:25
With TRLE I get a serious case of OCB all the time!! :rolleyes:

Alpharaider47
02-09-10, 22:34
I wouldn't say that I have OCD per se, but I can be fairly anal about cleaning some things, particularly when I do the dishes.
Other than that I really can't think of anything, unless you consider the tendency to leap into things without fully thinking them through some sort of disorder/syndrome.

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-09-10, 23:03
Um yeah, everyone has that lol

lol well I'm the only one in my family that is so heavily bothered by stuff like that. :vlol:

OCD is hardly 'weird'. It's a real problem and I don't think people take it as seriously as they should.

Just because something is a problem doesn't make it not weird. Anything abnormal is weird, and yes, OCD and other syndromes are certainly weird. I don't mean that in a derogatory way, it just is.

Forwen
02-09-10, 23:43
Whenever something annoys or upsets me I look it up on Wikipedia to check if there's a name for it.

That. But of course, I hate labels.

dizzydoil
02-09-10, 23:45
i can't listen to people eat or do repetitive noises, it'll make me want to smash their face off of the floor.

i can however eat with them, or make the same noise as them- and then it's okay, and doesn't bother me.

i'm a crazy *******.

LaraLuvrrr
03-09-10, 00:23
I have alot of weird disorder-like things.

I tend to get obsessive thoughts that annoy me. Really retarded ones. Oh and anxiety. And general neuroticism at times lol

Draco
03-09-10, 00:55
Just because something is a problem doesn't make it not weird. Anything abnormal is weird, and yes, OCD and other syndromes are certainly weird. I don't mean that in a derogatory way, it just is.

How can it not be derogatory?

Lizard of Oz
03-09-10, 01:05
I have a tendency to keep things in order. It really bothers me when something in the wall like a Picture Frame is crooked. When I put up posters in my wall, I have to measure it with a ruler to make sure they are evenly apart and straight.

I really can't eat when the table is full of stuff! The only thing on the table HAS to be the plate!

In school I always keep my utensils fixed in a certain order on my desk.

I get really uneasy when I'm a building and don't know the emergency exits and procedures.

I really hate that, it makes me feel like a really annoying person, but when things are not in order I just feel so... idk, no one understands me X.X

robm_2007
03-09-10, 02:15
lol well I'm the only one in my family that is so heavily bothered by stuff like that. :vlol:

i have the OC Disorder, and i dont think its derogatory to say that having it is wierd; It is weird.

Weird doesnt always have to be bad; if someone said i was wierd, i wouldnt be offended, I'd rather they say that then calling me normal; in fact, if that happened, that would be wierd.

maybe if someone said that ppl with the OC Disorder (or other disorders or disabilities) are Weirdos, then it would be considered mean or derogative.

Phys
03-09-10, 02:40
Don't think I have OCD but... I do something that my mum has always done which is kind of weird. I don't do it because my mum does, I don't know why I do it.

Ya know when you've done the washing up and then you empty the bowl of soap water into the sink? Usually there is lots of bubbles left in the sink afterwards. I HAVE to rinse all of them away. Every single one of them until its just water. I guess I feel uneasy if I leave any of them there but I can't do it. I probably waste loads of water :o

Edit: Another thing I do is when I'm putting my shoes or trainers on. I always pick up each trainer first, face it upside down and pat it to make sure there is nothing inside it. If there is, then it will obviously fall out. I've done this ever since I was 11 and i'd been walking with a lump in my trainer all day (I thought it was mud or something and I couldn't be bothered to take it out). Then at the end of the day I looked inside and it turned out i'd been walking with a woodlouse in my trainer all day. It freaked me out that much, I always have to make sure there is nothing inside my shoes. I've done it to this day.

Paddy
03-09-10, 03:47
I completely agree.
And I dont have OCD that I know of but I do have mild aspergers.
i have the OC Disorder, and i dont think its derogatory to say that having it is wierd; It is weird.

Weird doesnt always have to be bad; if someone said i was wierd, i wouldnt be offended, I'd rather they say that then calling me normal; in fact, if that happened, that would be wierd.

maybe if someone said that ppl with the OC Disorder (or other disorders or disabilities) are Weirdos, then it would be considered mean or derogative.
You may not find something like that offensive or derogatory but someone else could take offence to it.
Have to take that into consideration.
I dont see a lot of things as necessarily weird, we as people are all different, everyone has flaws or weakspots but they have their strengths too. Thats how I see it.
Fair enough if you aint offended being called weird but if they called you weird for having certain disorders I doubt you would react as calmly lol I know I wouldnt.

LaraLuvrrr
03-09-10, 05:04

lol I just realized I called it weird too. I don't think it's derogatory to call OCD weird but rather the entire person weird for having it.

I mean disorders are classified under "abnormal" psychology so weird is just another word for abnormal.

Now in my opinion that's all bull because everyone I knew including myself has some commonalities with all those so called "abnormal" traits.

t-raider26
03-09-10, 05:25
At school, when my things are on my desk, they have to be exactly parallel to the edge of the desk. Or I get really uneasy.

If I see the tiniest little spot on any of the dishes, I cant eat off/drink out of them. I actually drink with my eyes closed now...

I cant stand people touching my shoulders. I dont know why but it makes me wanna crawl out of my skin.

When I close my locker lock, it HAS to be on zero before I leave it. for some reason I cant (or wont) open it if it's not.

And tongues make me wanna puke. Even if Im just talking to someone and catch a glimpse of it, it makes me wanna hurl. I die a bit inside everytime I see the :p smiley.LOL jk about the last sentence XD

CiaKonwerski
03-09-10, 05:48
I guess I can trust everyone here with my crazy "disorders"

Well, I have OCD (More or less). I use to have it really bad, (cleaning my room every day-not just making my bed, but dusting and vacuuming as well, having everything organized in the most perfect way I could think of, being overly prepared and confident about everything. My OCD has stepped down a notch and now for some reason I am just not concerned a whole lot with anything, have not cleaned my room in over a month. This then makes me even more stressed etc. because personally, I enjoy being OCD.

I also suffer from paranoia. A while back I was seeing and hearing things, things that were not always there. It just sprang up on me one day, I even wrote about it in my journal of how terrified I was. It mainly started when I saw someone shine a flashlight into my window from outside at 3 in the morning. After that, I continued to hear and see things. I caught someone in my yard one evening and ran outside to try to catch them, when I got outside I saw them slowly walking into someone else's yard while turning around to look back at me. I can say I was extremely frightened then. No one else believed me though. I was not sure, and am still not sure if what I saw was real or just my imagination.

I also think that I suffer from Insomnia. I lye down to go to sleep at night and I just cannot. I close my eyes and I lay there for about an hour or more just lying there. If I do fall asleep, I end up waking up in the middle of the night and unable to fall back asleep. This has hurt me a lot, especially last year during school. Some days I was too freaked out from the paranoia or too afraid and tired from the Insomnia that I would not go to school. It hurt me a little.

For some odd reason, everything that was going on with me, is now gone. Nothing at all.

scoopy_loopy
03-09-10, 06:16
Lol.

Aranara
03-09-10, 06:47
Since I was little I had this thing to arrange stuff in neat packs...Everytime I went to the supermarket I arranged the chewing gum packs because they were in a complete mess, and I always try to keep my schoolbooks in a neat pile on my desk, from the biggest ones, to the smallest. Same when I put them in my backpack. :p

Lara_Zoz2006
03-09-10, 07:02
I have an OCD with doors being locked and the placement of things. I do ignore it but it gets really bad sometimes. im at the door for like 20 mins to make sure its locked even though i know it is and i try walking away but need to come back and i feel ba because if someone moves something out of place if only by a cm sometimes i have to go back and move it where it was !!!! I think im a bit mental :)

ChingKong
03-09-10, 07:27
Whenever I'm in a grocery store, the candies have to be organized by color 0.0

HappyShannon
03-09-10, 08:21
^ Same. If I have some sweets or some colouring pencils, I have to arrange them by colour. Plus if I have some other utensils in school like some pens and pencils and stuff like that, I arrange them in size :pi:

That's pretty much it with me though :p Not really OCD or anything like that, just a habit of neatness in my own way :D

Capt. Murphy
03-09-10, 15:25
I must be a borderline environmental ...eh, mental. It bugs me to throw some things away and when other people do it too - knowing that it will go to a landfill somewhere and not be... or probably not be recycled, just adding to the mountain of waste somewhere.

Yet, I don't have a problem with burning things (trash)... if I have to, but I'd much rather recycle. Everything darn it! :mad: :vlol:

There are somethings I can't find a place that will take them to recycle... They are building up... And I know that's a problem for me. <:-[

Also, thanks to one of my Sisters that invited me to play Farmville - I've found that I'm very orderly and methodical with how and where I plant stuff. So they will look like something and some harvest times are in sync. By Sunday I should have what will resemble an American flag with what I've planted.

And another thing (if you couldn't tell by now).... Is that I tend to be very long winded when typing out a response or an email.

In person I'm quite quite. But online I'm a chatterbox! :cln:

jackles
03-09-10, 15:37
*le sigh* Many people have OCD to some extent but we are not just talking about wanting tidiness etc some of us poor buggers find it impinges hugely on our lives. In my twenties I had to perform rituals everyday to try and stop being anxious, write certain words in my diary everyday, wash hands until the skin would be sore etc. It is exhausting and my life would revolve around these things. I would be plunged into anxiety if I said a word that I considered unlucky.

So...I broke myself off it...I made myself not do those rituals and bit by tiny bit I gave it up. I still have it....I am just aware that if things are getting a bit that way to damn well stop it quick.

Ugh..too much soul baring there!

lara c. fan
03-09-10, 15:39
Perfectionism. Absolutely nothing feels right, which leads me to do it again until I get it right. And I get quite angry until I do, as well.

TombRaiderLover
03-09-10, 23:58
I'm ridiculously organised when it comes to my Facebook profile. I've deleted hundreds of dumb satirical groups that destroy the look of my info page. However, "Polydor" and "Rhino UK" (distributors) are incorrectly listed under my Favourite Music which really irritates me, but I won't delete them because of their wonderful competitions. Similarly, "StudioCanal Collection" (a specific series of Blu-rays) is listed under my Favourite Films, and even worse, it's in capitals so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I honestly don't know why I use Facebook. The curiosity factor, I suppose. It's like a manifestation of my greatest pet peeves. People who "riite liiek liis" and soften each-other up with the most cringe-worthy compliments ("yhuu r zo gurgus bbyg <3 xoxo") make me hate society. Each Facebook Friend seems indistinguishable from the next. They're brainless, clichéd, uninteresting, vain and just plain annoying. I know it sounds ridiculous to base my opinion on someone on the way in which they (can't) write, but unless you're illiterate, there's no reason to use such horrendous spelling. It just makes you come across as lazy and lacking in any intelligence.

I went rather off-topic, I know... :whi:

Draco
04-09-10, 00:02
I use FB, because some people I know think they are philosophers, but are really just whiners.

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-10, 00:28
*le sigh* Many people have OCD to some extent but we are not just talking about wanting tidiness etc some of us poor buggers find it impinges hugely on our lives. In my twenties I had to perform rituals everyday to try and stop being anxious, write certain words in my diary everyday, wash hands until the skin would be sore etc. It is exhausting and my life would revolve around these things. I would be plunged into anxiety if I said a word that I considered unlucky.

So...I broke myself off it...I made myself not do those rituals and bit by tiny bit I gave it up. I still have it....I am just aware that if things are getting a bit that way to damn well stop it quick.

Oh wow. :eek: It's really inspirational that you were able to overcome all that, though. I know it's hard to share some serious stuff like that, but thank you. :)

I guess I can trust everyone here with my crazy "disorders"

Well, I have OCD (More or less). I use to have it really bad, (cleaning my room every day-not just making my bed, but dusting and vacuuming as well, having everything organized in the most perfect way I could think of, being overly prepared and confident about everything. My OCD has stepped down a notch and now for some reason I am just not concerned a whole lot with anything, have not cleaned my room in over a month. This then makes me even more stressed etc. because personally, I enjoy being OCD.

I also suffer from paranoia. A while back I was seeing and hearing things, things that were not always there. It just sprang up on me one day, I even wrote about it in my journal of how terrified I was. It mainly started when I saw someone shine a flashlight into my window from outside at 3 in the morning. After that, I continued to hear and see things. I caught someone in my yard one evening and ran outside to try to catch them, when I got outside I saw them slowly walking into someone else's yard while turning around to look back at me. I can say I was extremely frightened then. No one else believed me though. I was not sure, and am still not sure if what I saw was real or just my imagination.

I also think that I suffer from Insomnia. I lye down to go to sleep at night and I just cannot. I close my eyes and I lay there for about an hour or more just lying there. If I do fall asleep, I end up waking up in the middle of the night and unable to fall back asleep. This has hurt me a lot, especially last year during school. Some days I was too freaked out from the paranoia or too afraid and tired from the Insomnia that I would not go to school. It hurt me a little.

For some odd reason, everything that was going on with me, is now gone. Nothing at all.

Aww, that's sad. :( I hope you can overcome them. :hug:

larafan25
04-09-10, 00:39

Oh my goodness...my whole life I've been living a lie.

I am afraid to think things that are unlucky...crap.:/

I have this...uhhh...sucks. I take sleeping pills now though, they put you in that state where you are like "Dayum boi, I am soo tired, **** you ghosts and monsters, I need sleep, too tired to be afraid of you."

Really nice.:)

CiaKonwerski
04-09-10, 01:04
Aww, that's sad. :( I hope you can overcome them. :hug:

I have this...uhhh...sucks. I take sleeping pills now though, they put you in that state where you are like "Dayum boi, I am soo tired, **** you ghosts and monsters, I need sleep, too tired to be afraid of you."

Really nice.:)

Thanks Melonie, I hope so too.
lol LaraFan, I definitely need some of those pills then. :)

Aphrodite22
04-09-10, 02:06

Same here.
whenever hurts something in my body i just google it,
but its not cuz im worried, i just wanna know what it is.

i dont know if this is and OCD
but if i ever end up alone with someone talking,
my mind just goes blank and i really dont know what to say
or ask to the other person, my social skills suck.

And my personality itself is very obssesive
when it comes to studies, exercise, eating healthy..
i think about everything before acting and i SUCK at improvising.
Except when it comes to extreme sports.

larafan25
04-09-10, 03:41
Same here.
whenever hurts something in my body i just google it,
but its not cuz im worried, i just wanna know what it is.

i dont know if this is and OCD
but if i ever end up alone with someone talking,
my mind just goes blank and i really dont know what to say
or ask to the other person, my social skills suck.

And my personality itself is very obssesive
when it comes to studies, exercise, eating healthy..
i think about everything before acting and i SUCK at improvising.
Except when it comes to extreme sports.

When I am in a social setting...like school (:pi:) I tend to talk a lot, you may think this means I have a personality or that I have social skills...nope...I really don't know how I manage to keep going, I generally just think aloud and conversations sprout up from there.:)

NemesisxAngelus
04-09-10, 04:22
I've got only two things to say on this:

1) I don't think OCD or other "syndromes" are weird.
2) Stop diagnosing yourself.

MattTR
04-09-10, 04:46
Sometimes I like to keep things clean and tidy, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm OCD right? I think it means I'm a bit anal. :p

Tyrannosaurus
04-09-10, 05:07
When I was very young, say, between the ages of 8 and 12, I absolutely detested the sounds my sister made while she ate cereal. I thought they were the most disgusting and irritating sounds on the planet. Almost any sound she made while eating, in fact. I don't know if it was just her, or if I was just as guilty to a third party. It sounded to me like tiger claws against a chalkboard. I still think cereal in milk is disgusting, except perhaps if it's oatmeal.

I also hate the sounds that the cheap paper of the hymn books you'll find at nearly any local parish make when they're turned or rubbed. And I hate shaving, briefs, neckties, most buttoned shirts, and thick wool sweaters.

I hate being with large groups of people for a long time, even if it's a group of people I like. It just wears me out and I need to be alone after a while. I'm also annoyed by loud people who need to be the center of attention. And somewhat by quick-witted people who think verbal jabs win on the philosophical battlefeild.

I became worried for a while before completing my undergraduate work that I might have Asperger's Syndrome. My ex was actually diagnosed with it, and became fully convinced after the two years she spent with me that I had it as well. I've since stopped worrying about it, since nothing good ever came from doing so, nor did I particularly take a shining to the online Aspie community. I have never had a test to diagnose me of any sort of autism. If I were to have any, it would be very mild at best.

Schizophrenia, on the other hand, seems to run a little on both sides of my family. One assessment I had done early on in college (to learn if I had any sort of learning disability) suggested that while I was perfectly sane, I had some paranoid schizophrenic traits. I may well have adult ADHD.

But none of this means I'm exempt from actually putting forth the effort to gain social skills and successfully navigate the outside adult world like everyone else.

tomblover
04-09-10, 10:14
I absolutely ****ing HATE the noise that's made when you take something out of the freezer and it scrapes against the ice. It's horrible. x_x Makes me shudder and want to run far, far away and cover my ears. I have a hard time removing stuff from the freezer without freaking out.

Weird, huh? Just proves I'm almost clinically insane. XD

Besides that, I'm not much of a OCD-ridden person although I might have some touches of it. None come to mind ATM.

the ancient
04-09-10, 13:49
I am realy unsure about myself

I will stop talking when there is somebody near me I don't know or scared for :o

TombOfRaiders
07-09-10, 12:28
Asperger Syndrome (Autism)
Major depressive disorder (I think that counts, got diagnosed the other day :()

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers_Syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder

Ashandmisty
07-09-10, 13:52
I have a very mild case of Asperger's. I absolutely HATE change in routine. If my daily routine changes I can become very paranoid and depressed. I also get nervous when I go and buy something at the shop or access my bank account.

When I socialise, I have a set of rules in my head that I have to follow. I don't like looking people in the eyes either. My mum never got me tested although she did worry.

TombOfRaiders
07-09-10, 15:55
I have a very mild case of Asperger's. I absolutely HATE change in routine. If my daily routine changes I can become very paranoid and depressed. I also get nervous when I go and buy something at the shop or access my bank account.

When I socialise, I have a set of rules in my head that I have to follow. I don't like looking people in the eyes either. My mum never got me tested although she did worry.

Yeah, I had a mild case when I was nine until my body went out-of-control and made it worser. And I'm the same when I go to the shop and go to buy something I get very nervous and shy. :o

TRhalloween
07-09-10, 16:02
I've got only two things to say on this:

1) I don't think OCD or other "syndromes" are weird.
2) Stop diagnosing yourself.

Agreed :tmb:

I have Aspergers Syndrome. Don't know if I can call it mild, to be honest.

pEhouse
07-09-10, 16:25
lol I never knew there was an actual condition for this.
I do hate eating noises (chewing) so much, sometimes I even disgust myself when eating :o
And the way certain people talk makes me aggressive (even though I might agree with what they say and don't have anything against them personally), I can't stand the tone of their voices, it literally makes me wanna punch them.