PDA

View Full Version : Acne

larson n natla
03-09-10, 15:46
Hello guys, this thread is for people like myself that suffer from acne.

Basically I began to get acne at the age of 13 close to that very birthday. I didn't really pay attention to it as I was washing sufficiently keeping my skin clean and my diet was fairly healthy. 3 months later the acne on my face began to get worse with blackheads and unattractive spots appearing. I began to grow very self concious and few of my friends had spots and I felt dirty despite the knowledge that it was natural. 4 months on and the acne began to appear on my back, I was devastated. I began to use products for acne at this point I experimented for the next year with products, few of which did anything to help. Midway through being 14 the acne appeared on my chest however the facial acne began to become less severe.

During the winter I found that overall my acne was less severe but it was still far worse that many of my friends and was on my face, chest and back. I began using some products which helped to lessen the number of pimples and blemishes and got rid of the majority of the spots.

This year on my 15th Birthday I was happy that the acne had died down a little however after three years I was still upset that it hadn't cleared from my back chest or fully from my face. I began to use a set of products that again really helped but nothing I do rids me of the acne, and I still feel super self concious. I dread having to use a changing room in P.E because I am embarrassed by my own body.

So yeah I wanted to get that off of my chest and ask the forums, have any of you ever suffered from acne. Please let me know your story and if anyone has any tips for helping to rid yourself of acne I would seriously appreciate it.

Sorry for the long post guys :p

toxicraider
03-09-10, 16:26
I started getting spots at about 12, and they got really bad at around 14, so I started taking Oxytetracycline (an antibiotic). It really helped but it started to stain my teeth, and it kills the bacteria in your gut, which is bad for your digestion, so I gave up on the tablets without even bothering to finish the course.

Now I use Benzoyl Peroxide (such as Oxy On the Spot) which really helps prevent breakouts, and gives me quite clear skin. Although it's oily and I get a lot of pimples, I do have skin that dries out really easily, especially in winter, so I can't always use it, as it is very harsh. There's loads of information about Benzoyl Peroxide here (http://www.acne.org/).
Also, I've found an aspirin mask (crush 3 and add a drop of water and honey) helps make the old spots fade, and leaves your face smooth. It sounds really weird, but Aspirin breaks down to form Salicylic Acid, which a lot of facial products use.

\Tomb Raider/
03-09-10, 16:33
I remember i had really bad acne..i have nothing now but when i did i didn't like going out much especialy with friends. the thing i did that worked for me was. i noticed i had dark dots on my nose so you can use strips to remove those or scurb them off no to hard that it will hurt. I even asked a skin doc.. and said that was good i noticed that by removing the dots and keeping my nose skin clean my face cleared faster.. also drink lots of water..juice anything and eat lots of watery fruits like watermelon .. and what not. and wash your face morning ..night and when it feels too oily..use a DOVE soap bar dosen't leave ur skin dry which i hate.

i know more but that would be way too long to write..PM me if you want :)

larafan25
03-09-10, 16:36
Acne sucks, makes me want to rip my damn face off. However others have it worse.

I've used pretty much everything I could find.

Right now I am just using proactive and waiting...

TombOfRaiders
03-09-10, 16:36
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=169255 :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
03-09-10, 17:04
I had acne throughout my teenage years. Not severe, but it was still there. I hated it, urgh. O.o

The best remedy for acne is drinking a loooooot of water. Stay away from sodas. Applying lemon juice topically works really well also. Moreover, I also recommend rinsing your face with cold water every night before you go to bed. It does wonders for your circulation and makes your complexion look great!

LaraCablara
03-09-10, 17:08
Guys, if you have acne, I strongly recommend to visit a dermatologist. They can identify if its a hormonal problem and prescribe you pills or simply prescribe you actual medication (not just stuff you'll find in stores.) Its may be a costly solution but they are professional skin doctors.

[Xmas]
03-09-10, 17:09
The best remedy for acne is drinking a loooooot of water. Stay away from sodas. Applying lemon juice topically works really well also. Moreover, I also recommend rinsing your face with cold water every night before you go to bed. It does wonders for your circulation and makes your complexion look great!Can I drink Nestea or Ice Tea? :( :)

Gabi
03-09-10, 17:11
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=169255 :)
Please continue there.