PDA

View Full Version : PS3 controller question

IceColdLaraCroft
05-09-10, 00:38
Lately when I play Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed 2 or Batman Arkham the character will walk forward on their own and I have to hit something to make them stop.

I'm not sure if there's an issue with my controller or my PS3 or if there's some patch that I need, but this didn't happen before I signed up for PSN and loaded the extra ACII levels. It's especially annoying when the character is on a precipice and they just walk off :mad:

Ward Dragon
05-09-10, 00:41
Does the PS3 have an option to recalibrate your controller? It sounds like the analogue stick is off-center :o

IceColdLaraCroft
05-09-10, 00:41
I don't know :confused: where would that be?

Ward Dragon
05-09-10, 00:42
Sorry, I don't have a PS3 so I don't know :o But I've had similar problems with PC games and that was the solution so I thought it might be an option for PS3 as well.

xcrushterx
05-09-10, 00:45
My PS2 controller does that. =/ Been doing it for aaages. A temporary fix is pulling the analogue stick up a bit - like you're going to pull it out of its socket - and push it back in.

Tony9595
05-09-10, 01:03
That happened to me with a 360 controller. Eventually it just got worse to the point of being useless to play with it.

Catracoth
05-09-10, 01:04
There could be some sticky residue in the thumbstick. Try getting some isoprophyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on a q-tip/cotton swab and cleaning around the area. :)

larafan25
05-09-10, 01:05
My PS2 controllers do that with the analog stick, I think it's because they are old and sticky...and kind of dry...thus they get stuck on certain angles and the player (usually Lara)starts creeping towards the side or something.

It's very annoying, perhaps get a new controller.:/

tomobond875
05-09-10, 01:14
My PS2 controllers do that with the analog stick, I think it's because they are old and sticky...and kind of dry...thus they get stuck on certain angles and the player (usually Lara)starts creeping towards the side or something.

It's very annoying, perhaps get a new controller.:/

Yeah, I had this problem on Xbox (Sucks for sniping) and PS2, but not yet on PS3. Usually I just bought a new controller, but if you have a friend like I do that can fix controllers easily it helps.

larafan25
05-09-10, 01:16
Yeah, I had this problem on Xbox (Sucks for sniping) and PS2, but not yet on PS3. Usually I just bought a new controller, but if you have a friend like I do that can fix controllers easily it helps.

Wooo sniping!!!!:D

tomobond875
05-09-10, 01:21
Wooo sniping!!!!:D

Yeah, lining up for that perfect headshot, then the damn analog stick moves and somebody else gets em :hea: :mad:

Super Badnik
05-09-10, 11:33
I've had this before, not just with a PS controller but with a GameCube one too. I remember for some reason the game thought I was pressing down on the analog stick. taking the controller out and putting it back in sorted it out though. Although I think this only actually happened with one game.

lara_bond
05-09-10, 14:37
Unplug it. Put it back. It wont do it again til sometime later. Then do it again. common problem :wve:

IceColdLaraCroft
05-09-10, 15:57
Unplug it. Put it back. It wont do it again til sometime later. Then do it again. common problem :wve:

PS3 controllers are wireless:p