PDA

View Full Version : Trapped Miners in Chile

Aphrodite22
12-10-10, 20:36
I guess many of you know about this..

On august a mine in Chile collapsed leaving 33 miners trapped 700 metres underground..
About 2 weeks later they found the place were they were and miraculously
they were all alive. Now two months later they are about to get rescued
through a capsule, tube whatever today..

The most amazing part of this are the coincidences with number 33.
1. The message they send saying they were alive was: ''Estamos todos bien en el refugio, los 33'' (''We are all fine in the shelter, the 33'') well this has exactly 33 letters.
2. They were found on the 33 week of the year.
3. Jesus lived 33 years.
4. the Schramm T-130 drill found the miners on day 33 since it started working.

and many other coincidences.. weird right?

ITS ALL OVER. ALL MINERS ARE SAFE AND LAUGHING :D

Sgt BOMBULOUS
12-10-10, 20:40
Now that we know they're all ok... Just imagine how funny this title becomes if you change it to "Chili".

Aphrodite22
12-10-10, 20:43
Now that we know they're all ok... Just imagine how funny this title becomes if you change it to "Chili".

lol?

Forwen
12-10-10, 20:47
Nah.

Encore
12-10-10, 20:52

They're not. Rescuing them will be a difficult, slow and dangerous process so don't assume that just yet. I've been following this case since it started and I'll definitely be checking out the rescue operations when they start.

As for the coincidences... lol. It's silly.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
12-10-10, 20:54
They're not. Rescuing them will be a difficult, slow and dangerous process so don't assume that just yet. I've been following this case since it started and I'll definitely be checking out the rescue operations when they start.

Whoops... Well I certainly hope it goes smoothly. :o

Laras Dream
12-10-10, 20:55
Nah.
what?

Forwen
12-10-10, 21:01
what?

They're not weird :p

Rai
12-10-10, 21:12
I've only heard snippets of the story. How the heck did they survive (so far) down there? Was there a food supply, I take it? I'm glad they've finally found them. I truly hope they can all be rescued and able to get back to their families.

Lara's Nemesis
12-10-10, 21:14

The coming of age of a hobbit in The Lord of the Rings. :yik:

A normal human spine has 33 vertebrae when the bones that form the coccyx are counted individually.

Dante wrote the Divine Comedy in 3 canticas - each consisting of 33 cantos.

Jesus performed 33 recorded miracles. :eek:

Good luck to all involved, it has been an incredible story. How long before they make a film of them?

lara c. fan
12-10-10, 21:21

On august a mine in Chile collapsed leaving 33 miners trapped underground..
About 33 weeks later they found the place were they were and miraculously
they were all alive.Now two months later they are about to get rescued

Those dates are messed up. 33 weeks would make it next year sometime.

Aphrodite22
12-10-10, 21:32
Those dates are messed up. 33 weeks would make it next year sometime.

lol u are right heheheh typo there

Encore
12-10-10, 21:48
I've only heard snippets of the story. How the heck did they survive (so far) down there? Was there a food supply, I take it? I'm glad they've finally found them. I truly hope they can all be rescued and able to get back to their families.

The teams working on the surface managed to drill very small shafts through which they would send food and other supplies (it was also where the miners would send back messages).

It has been known where they are for a long time, the problem was drilling another tunnel large enough to get them out. Now it's ready so hopeful it will all be over soon.

BBC is making live coverage of the situation.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11489439

Timeline:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11469025

Love2Raid
12-10-10, 22:02

This!

I΄m watching it live as well, they really are taking their time, lol. I hope they all get out of there safely, it must have been like hell. Poor guys.

Mad Tony
12-10-10, 22:07
I would watch this live, however, I've got college tomorrow and I'm really tired.

It will be really good to see the miners reunited with their families. :) I don't expect such a heartwarming occasion to gain much interest on here though.

Evan C.
12-10-10, 22:11
The travel between mine and the outside will take between 15 and 20 minutes on the capsule,so I can't imagine how nervous will they be.

First the earthquake and now this,so sad.

Fuerza Chile!

Tony9595
12-10-10, 22:18
Don Francisco? What is he doing there? :vlol:

voltz
12-10-10, 22:19
33 days.... man they must reak like a mother.

Aphrodite22
12-10-10, 22:45
33 days.... man they must reak like a mother.

actually theyve been underground for 2 months...

RockSteady101
12-10-10, 22:46
After months of heavy drilling you really do want nothing more than to just get out of that hole

Encore
12-10-10, 22:47
33 days.... Man they must reak like a mother.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

voltz
12-10-10, 22:52
pfft, fail-post.

I still had 33 hooked into my brain.

Lara's home
12-10-10, 22:53
1. The message they send saying they were alive was: ''Estamos todos bien en el refugio, los 33'' (''We are all fine in the refuge, the 33'') well this has exactly 33 letters.
3. Jesus lived 33 years.

I fail to see what Jesus has to do with this? Did he trap them?

Love2Raid
12-10-10, 23:08
The capsule is being lifted! Finally!

Edit: Oh, not. :o

Aphrodite22
12-10-10, 23:24
I fail to see what Jesus has to do with this? Did he trap them?

I guess he did

right..

Love2Raid
12-10-10, 23:43
There seems to be something wrong...

Damn.

larafan25
12-10-10, 23:51
HOLLY CRAP! my favorite number is 25!

Anywho glad they are ok, I hope that happens to Lara sometime.:)

Love2Raid
13-10-10, 00:39
The capsule just went in (if anyone is interested).

jjbennett
13-10-10, 00:42
[EDIT] brainfart....ignore

Tony9595
13-10-10, 00:49
^Thanks :)

I was watching it a moment ago but when they said there'd be delays I stopped watching.

*watching again*

They just took out the first one! :yah:

Lizard of Oz
13-10-10, 03:09
I am watching the rescue right now. It took them a LOOOONG time :o

I just hope everyone turns out all right!

EDIT: OOOHH! The first rescue! He seems all right!! I wanted to cry when I saw his son crying.... oh god I'm so glad for them.

Sir Croft
13-10-10, 03:15
I'm so glad they're finally being rescued. It must be rather hard for their families.

amaris
13-10-10, 03:24
:yah: they're being rescued! :jmp: after 2 months, i'm glad they're finally getting home to their families. :D

patriots88888
13-10-10, 03:55
Good to hear. :)

I wonder how many (if any) will have second thoughts about continuing their profession. I doubt I'd ever want to go near a mine shaft or anywhere underground again.

tombraiderfrea
13-10-10, 03:58
They're finally being rescued? :D

I'm so glad for them. :) The trip up must be... terrifying... :(

Lizard of Oz
13-10-10, 04:14
The second one is out! :D

God, he seemed happier to see the president than his wife :vlol:

Tony9595
13-10-10, 04:16
I know! :vlol:

But good for him! :yah:

Lara_Zoz2006
13-10-10, 07:55
Amazing footage to see brave brave guys and after all that are happy and healthy :) a true inspiration

Keir_Eidos
13-10-10, 08:03
... and... I'm going to be 33 next year, that's just too spooky ( http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/g/giggle.gif )

ShadyCroft
13-10-10, 11:05
Just read 5 miners have been pulled so far. That's fantastic ! :D

xXhayleyroxXx
13-10-10, 14:12
13 now -- I've been watching this news story for a while and I'm so pleased it ended happily.

Mad Tony
13-10-10, 14:17
It hasn't ended yet.

xXhayleyroxXx
13-10-10, 14:20
It hasn't ended yet.

There's more miners to to escape but I highly doubt its going to end horribly.

moodydog
13-10-10, 14:23
I am so happy that they are getting rescued!

Mad Tony
13-10-10, 16:37
There's more miners to to escape but I highly doubt its going to end horribly.Still doesn't mean it's ended. Best not to assume all is well when there are still some to come up.

tampi
13-10-10, 17:12
This is one of the greatest things, overall, I have witnessed in my life so far.
The whole story from the beginning is creepy.
And, I believe, that in a totally spontaneous help feeling, almost from the start, technological cooperation and assistance with the best available possibles machines, has been exemplary.

17 UP

On august a mine in Chile collapsed leaving 33 miners trapped 700 metres underground..
About 2 weeks later they found the place were they were and miraculously
they were all alive. Now two months later they are about to get rescued

1. The message they send saying they were alive was: ''Estamos todos bien en el refugio, los 33'' (''We are all fine in the refuge, the 33'') well this has exactly 33 letters.
3. Jesus lived 33 years.

and many other coincidences.. weird right?

:oIf the message is that exactly, has 32 letters.

Anyway it is interesting to know, from time to time, some things are repeated more than others. :cln::D:mis::vlol:

ShadyCroft
13-10-10, 17:14
wow! so unbelievable ! Its taking so long, must be exhausting for the people still trapped inside, waiting on the edge. Cant imagine how they feel.

peeves
13-10-10, 17:23
the number of friday the 13ths i've been around for.

Love2Raid
13-10-10, 17:35
I΄m so happy that the operation is going according to plan so far! :yah::yah:

Chocola teapot
13-10-10, 17:44
How Wonderful. :)

Encore
13-10-10, 18:13
I΄m so happy that the operation is going according to plan so far! :yah::yah:

Yep, amazing. :tmb:

What an extraordinary tale of survival, and like tampi says, the coming together of so many people to help was incredible.

What creeps me out the most is imagining those first 17 days when they were trapped and couldn't communicate. They couldn't even know if the people on the surface knew they were alive. It must have been terrifying.

Joely-Moley
13-10-10, 18:45
I have been following this since it happened. It's great to see the rescue operation going well so far. I'm watching on t.v just now I hope the rest of the rescue goes smoothly.

voltz
13-10-10, 19:59
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39651445/ns/world_news-americas/?GT1=43001

It looks like they had quite the party down there. ;)

Aphrodite22
13-10-10, 20:26
This is one of the greatest things, overall, I have witnessed in my life so far.
The whole story from the beginning is creepy.
And, I believe, that in a totally spontaneous help feeling, almost from the start, technological cooperation and assistance with the best available possibles machines, has been exemplary.

17 UP

:oIf the message is that exactly, has 32 letters.

Anyway it is interesting to know, from time to time, some things are repeated more than others. :cln::D:mis::vlol:

no no no... u have to count the commas.. everything but the spaces.:p

12 left..... !

Encore
14-10-10, 01:14
The last miner has just been rescued!! :jmp:

He was the leader of the group, it was really emotional.... I'm so happy for all of them. :hug:

Lizard of Oz
14-10-10, 02:08
Finally!

Everyone out! I'm so glad for them!

I just hope they don't have any long-terms effects from being down there.

One of the younger ones suffered depression and claimed he was fighting with the devil :(

tranniversary119
14-10-10, 02:25
I'm glad everyone made it out okay :tmb: But you certainly have to take into consideration that some of them probably will have long term effects from being down there, it's sad /: At least they made it out, that's a good thing.

ajrich17901
14-10-10, 05:25
The last miner has just been rescued!! :jmp:

He was the leader of the group, it was really emotional.... I'm so happy for all of them. :hug:

Happy to hear there all out and doing well, wish I could have watched the rescue also, been keeping tabs on this ever since it happened.

Alpharaider47
14-10-10, 05:51
That's great that they're all out! It's quite amazing that they were able to survive for so long down there- considering their circumstances.

tonyme
14-10-10, 06:42
I don't think I would have survived down there!:eek:

Congrats to all, I'm glad they're safe!:)

Squibbly
14-10-10, 11:43
It's miraculous they all survived! I heard last night and I was so happy for every one of them and their families and friends.

It's just amazing.

tampi
14-10-10, 12:01
no no no... u have to count the commas.. everything but the spaces.:p

12 left..... !

Aahhh, okay, okay.
Anything goes to get the matches? :p:D

Tombraiderx08
14-10-10, 12:17
I'm glad they're all alright now. I cant even imagine what they went through.

Shirley_Manson
14-10-10, 16:02
Now, all we have to do is find a prophecy/calendar/whatever that says we all die in 2033 for my day to be complete.

Encore
14-10-10, 16:05
I hope they take this opportunity to make mining all over the world a safer job. There's a lot of accidents and fatalities because many mines don't have the minimum safety precautions. This particular accident wouldn't have happened if the mine had two distinct exits instead of just one access tunnel.

tampi
14-10-10, 16:17
I think mine, as we know them will disappear.

Surely they will offer to make a movie. Have already received several gifts.:confused:

Before, I was wondering about the last man up.
For half an hour has been absolutely alone 700 meters deep.
During that half hour could have thought something random on the surface ....:yik:

Encore
14-10-10, 16:21
I think mine, as we know them will disappear.

Surely they will offer to make a movie. Have already received several gifts.:confused:

Before, I was wondering about the last man up.
For half an hour has been absolutely alone 700 meters deep.
During that half hour could have thought something random on the surface ....:yik:

He wasn't alone, there were rescuers that had been sent down there to help organize things and check on the health conditions of the miners. Those rescuers were actually the last people to be brought up!

And my mom just read some news about Javier Bardem ALREADY having received a contact about taking the lead role in a movie about this!!! :eek: Hollywood has no shame!! :vlol:

tampi
14-10-10, 16:26
Yeah....:pi:
And apple, a footbal/soccer team or I dont know what more....

That, the rescuer, the last one. I mean.
Without thinking he became Robinson Crusoe for half hour, but in a mine 700 deep.

Encore
14-10-10, 16:27
That, the rescuer, the last one. I mean.
Without thinking he became Robinson Crusoe for half hour, but in a mine 700 deep.

Oh sorry, I got it now. That must have been so creepy, indeed. :eek:

Rai
14-10-10, 18:51
It's great that they all survived and can be back with their families.

Aphrodite22
14-10-10, 20:28
He wasn't alone, there were rescuers that had been sent down there to help organize things and check on the health conditions of the miners. Those rescuers were actually the last people to be brought up!

And my mom just read some news about Javier Bardem ALREADY having received a contact about taking the lead role in a movie about this!!! :eek: Hollywood has no shame!! :vlol:

javier bardem?? LOL... i thought the movie was gonna be chilean. That would make more sense..

voltz
14-10-10, 20:37
Hollywood can **** off, especially after giving Bush his screening credentials.

Love2Raid
14-10-10, 22:40
They all got out safely, amazing! :D:hug:

Now let΄s see how many books and movies they can squeeze out of this one...

Encore
14-10-10, 22:46
Now let΄s see how many books and movies they can squeeze out of this one...

The only upside to that is that more money goes to the miners and their families. :mis:

Mad Tony
14-10-10, 22:47
I wonder how the anti-human brigade on here reacted to this extraordinary event?

voltz
14-10-10, 22:50
They probably shut up for a change. :)

Love2Raid
14-10-10, 23:06
I wonder how the anti-human brigade on here reacted to this extraordinary event?
If Lady GaGa put a new wig on her head, it would get more attention on this forum than this. And that does say something.

Mad Tony
14-10-10, 23:08
If Lady GaGa put a new wig on her head, it would get more attention on this forum than this. And that does say something.Lol, of course.

In all honesty though, a thread about a cat or a dog trapped somewhere would get twice as many replies as this. I'm quite shocked at how little attention this thread has got considering how massive it's been.

Lara's Nemesis
14-10-10, 23:09
Lol, of course.

In all honesty though, a thread about a cat or a dog trapped somewhere would get twice as many replies as this. I'm quite shocked at how little attention this thread has got considering how massive it's been.

People hate people but love animals. :D

Encore
14-10-10, 23:09
If Lady GaGa put a new wig on her head, it would get more attention on this forum than this. And that does say something.

LMAO

http://i37.************/hrit82.jpg

MattTR
15-10-10, 00:07
Thank goodness they all survived, hopefully there are more safety precautions put in place from now on. :tmb:

Tony9595
15-10-10, 00:17

Definitely, also I hate how this video about the woman with the cat got a lot more of attention than this.

eYdUZdan5i8

So a cat in a bin is much more important than a group of men trapped in some mines. Yeah awesome. Anyway, I wouldn't expect more from people who thinks an animal's life is much more important than a human's...

I'm really happy to know they're safe. It's a shame that the last time this happened here in Mexico, the miners died.

TRLegendLuver
15-10-10, 10:31
That is truly a miracle that they all survived, I don't care what anyone says.

Forwen
15-10-10, 11:43

Nothing to rage about ---> no drama ---> no interest

Welcome to the internet

Squibbly
15-10-10, 11:48

Surely you've figured out by now that animals are infinitly superior to humans on this forum. :p

Lara Croft!
15-10-10, 13:04
Thank God this ended well! Of course, they will need months or even years of therapy to get over that experience, but they are safe.

Encore
15-10-10, 15:02
Nothing to rage about ---> no drama ---> no interest

Welcome to the internet

You know, that's kinda what happens on the press as well. It's why I'm a bit surprised with all the media attention this story had.