PDA

View Full Version : Obama's family has a few surprises....

voltz
13-10-10, 20:17
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101013/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_and_palin

Not to mention they're harsh critics of his work. I'll bet this is not the kind of news one would like to hear when they wake up in the morning. ;)

NRO.
13-10-10, 20:19
wat

norly.

Mona Sax
13-10-10, 20:22
Interesting find. :tmb: I don't expect it to create a new atmosphere of respect and civility in American politics, though. ;)

Lizard of Oz
13-10-10, 20:27
Obama is related to investor Warren Buffett and actor Brad Pitt

:vlol:
Good for him I guess!

voltz
13-10-10, 20:48
Good for him, but think of how Rush Limbaugh must feel. :D

Ward Dragon
13-10-10, 21:02
Interesting, but it really doesn't mean much since the connection is so distant. What matters more is how they feel about each other, which is clear from their constant bashing of each other XD I don't expect this news to make any difference in politics :p

Sgt BOMBULOUS
13-10-10, 21:08
Interesting, but it really doesn't mean much since the connection is so distant. What matters more is how they feel about each other, which is clear from their constant bashing of each other XD I don't expect this news to make any difference in politics :p

Ward Dragon and I are probably related, going that far back... :p

Ward Dragon
13-10-10, 21:18
Ward Dragon and I are probably related, going that far back... :p

Maybe :p I don't think any of my ancestors were in the US that far back, though.

MattTR
13-10-10, 21:19
Oh please, aren't we all related in a way? :rolleyes:

voltz
13-10-10, 21:22
Perhaps, but that would only be prevented if a family tree does not fork properly. :mis:

Dennis's Mom
13-10-10, 23:04
Interesting find. :tmb: I don't expect it to create a new atmosphere of respect and civility in American politics, though. ;)

Too true. Considering how some families seem to treat each other, it may get worse! :p

voltz
13-10-10, 23:44
Heh heh, looks like Rush ain't having any of this.

Woke Up This Morning and Found Out My 10th Cousin Lives in a Hut (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_101310/content/01125106.guest.html)

Listen to the paragraph on me: "As for Obama's link to Limbaugh, Richmond Terrell was a prominent land baron in Virginia whose history, Tyler said, 'is a little more nebulous,'" and that's all it says about my link. "Palin and Obama are connected through John Smith, a pastor and settler in Massachusetts. President George W. Bush is related to Palin and Obama, too, through Samuel Hinckley, who was John Smith's father-in-law. As for Obama's link to Limbaugh, Richmond Terrell was a prominent land baron in Virginia whose history, Tyler said, 'is a little more nebulous." (laughing) This is all I know. I didn't know I was related to anybody in Virginia. My people came from a town in Germany, Limbach, through North Carolina. My grandfather did a huge genealogical trace, found out everything there is, and at no point was it unearthed that I was related to Barry Soetoro, Barack Obama, or anybody else. But there you go. What are you going to do? And, you know, that just sets the table for the rest of the day. I'm not kidding.

:jmp: