PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Modding: Competition Idea

Love2Raid
13-10-10, 23:44
Hallo!
:D

The previous modding competition has just ended, so ... itīs time for the next one! :jmp:
I have an idea, but I want to see how many people like it and would be ready to join.

The competition that I have in mind will be slightly different than the ones we had before. It will more about the process of the creation of a mod, and not only the mod itself. When you want to make a mod for XNALara, you start with an idea in your head, a design. What is the outfit going to look like? This could be a vague idea, that develops while you are working, but it could also be very clear from the start. After this, you need to think of the materials you are going to use to make it happen. Which mesh are you going to use as a base, are there mesh parts out there that you can use? This requires some mesh modding skills, but most of all resourcefulness. When the mesh is put together, itīs time for the next part: the textures. Do you have something from a previous mod that you can use? Can you simply edit the original textures, or do you need to make them from scratch? Finally, itīs time for the last part: the presentation.

So what am I even trying to say? :p
Itīs basically an XNALara modding comp like any other that involves both mesh modding as texture modding, except that you will share with us not only the final result, but also how you made it.

If you want to enter, you agree that you will

Think of a design/concept and present it. You can describe it in words, a picture (that inspired you) or even a drawing (if you insist, lol).
Create the mesh that suits this design and present it (a picture (Blender or XNALara with textures off)).
Mod the textures to make it complete and post the result as a presentation picture and download link.

Theme and rules
There is no theme. The rules are:

The entry must be new and made specifically for this competition.
You have to use an original Tomb Raider character as a base for your mesh mod, but can add as many parts as you like (just make sure the character is still recognizable as Lara or Natla for example).
You can use mesh parts provided by others but you MUST have their permission.
You can use textures made by others but you MUST have their permission.
You are allowed to use parts from other models, like shoes or hair (models from the recap thread).

Time span
I was thinking about one week to present the idea, two weeks to present the mesh and two weeks to present the final result. I wonīt be very strict about this, if someone needs more then that can be discussed.
Edit: Deadline for presentation of the idea extended to two weeks, mesh extended to three weeks and textures/final result to three weeks as well, to give people more time now that they can work in teams as well. So TWO months till the final deadline.

Number of entries
Only one. Because of this, I wonīt mind if there are any other modding comps running at the same time. :)
Edit: After XNAaraLīs suggestion, that a lot of people seemed to like very much, I have decided that you can either work alone, or work in a team. The team will have 2-3 members, but thatīs a guideline really, not a rule. If you want to be in a team, itīs your responsibility to form one and think of an idea together before the first deadline. There is now a maximum of TWO entries, one individual entry and one team entry (only one of each, no more).

I canīt mesh mod, can I still join?
Yes, of course! The problem is that you will be more limited in what you can make. You can decide to use a costum mesh (like AtlantiBīs art mesh), ask permission first. This could be an incentive to start experimenting with mesh modding, just donīt set the bar too high for yourself. An upside of this is that you will have two more weeks for the textures. :p
XNALara Mesh Modding Thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=154890)
Combining Models with Notepad (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4332345&postcount=27542)

Voting
Voting will commence after everyone got a chance to download the mods and take a look at them. Iīm not sure yet about the categories, but at least the mod itself and how well it represents the initial idea will be judged.

Thatīs about it. :o
I will open an entry thread if we get enough people who want to join. I would be happy to hear anything that is not clear about the idea or things you think should be different.

----------------------------------
Members who have agreed to enter
amaris
Billy959
Sharon14
XNAaraL
Love2Raid
sn00p
Mrs Bean
o0Crofty0o
BlueJ97
Alpharaider47
Poker15
Zipper

Teams
tomblover and dizzydoil (maybe :mis:)
Alpharaider, amaris and BlueJ97
Poker15 and Zipper
XNAaraL and Love2Raid
Ol.a and Zipper
Sharon14 and Zipper
(are you sure, Zipper? :p)

amaris
13-10-10, 23:50
I like this idea a lot! :D (I can't mesh mod though. :vlol:) So we'd be able to present our concepts in a drawing, words or photoshopped pictures, correct? :p I'll enter. :D

Love2Raid
13-10-10, 23:55
Yay! :D:hug:

Thatīs no big problem, there are a lot of meshes you can choose from! :)

And yes, thatīs the idea. :)

amaris
14-10-10, 00:00
Sweet! I already have ideas. :mis: *laughs mischeviously* :mis:

Billy959
14-10-10, 01:04
I really love this idea!
buuuuut...

i sucka at mesh modding,so it does it necessaraly have to be downloadble?

I mean,I love creating new meshes in 3DSmax,but I don't make them posable,is it valid?

Sharon_14
14-10-10, 05:44
what a lovely idea, i'd totally take part in it. :)

XNAaraL
14-10-10, 06:04
Lovely idea. I join in:-)

I mean,I love creating new meshes in 3DSmax,but I don't make them posable,is it valid?
Why not? Someone may do it later poseable. I vote yes: Static models allow.

sn00p
14-10-10, 07:28

Would love to see static meshes allowed :D

Love2Raid
14-10-10, 15:32
Sweet! I already have ideas. :mis: *laughs mischeviously* :mis:
:mis:
I really love this idea!
buuuuut...

i sucka at mesh modding,so it does it necessaraly have to be downloadble?

Thanks! Hmm...

Well, I donīt see why not. :D
But making them poseable requires some more work, so maybe we could put them in different categories for the voting. But it depends on how many static entries we get, I guess. :)
what a lovely idea, i'd totally take part in it. :)
Yay! :D

Awesome! :D
If you say so too, then itīs allowed. :tmb:
Would love to see static meshes allowed :D
Yep, are going to join too? :)

sn00p
14-10-10, 16:33
If the static meshes would be allowed, yeah I might find some time to work on another model.

Sharon_14
14-10-10, 16:35
if they're based on lara it shouldn't be difficult to rig them, you can ask other people (including me too... perhaps) to rig them for you.

Mrs_Bean
14-10-10, 16:46
I suck at mesh modding but this sounds awesome! :tmb:

Love2Raid
14-10-10, 22:37
If the static meshes would be allowed, yeah I might find some time to work on another model.
Great! :D
if they're based on lara it shouldn't be difficult to rig them, you can ask other people (including me too... perhaps) to rig them for you.
That would be really awesome!
Donīt worry, me too hehe. :p
Great that you are joining! :D

Weeee, this will be fun! :jmp:

o0Crofty0o
14-10-10, 22:39
I'll join too :D

Love2Raid
14-10-10, 22:42
:ohn:
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Added to the list. Once your name is up there, you can no longer pull back. :mis:

amaris
15-10-10, 01:39
ok,so once our name is on the list, can we get to cracking on our ideas? (like our concept art? :p I know that the official thread hasn't started yet. :o)

XNAaraL
15-10-10, 07:38

Just an idea or suggestion:

What is your opinion about teams. Two or more together to create a MOD. For example, a collaboration of Texture Painting, Character modeling, rigging ,animation (pose) and postprocessing (Composite or Retuche with Photoshop ...) ?

My question: Is it allowed teams, or just single people?

o0Crofty0o
15-10-10, 07:56

What is your opinion about teams. Two or more together to create a MOD. For example, a collaboration of Texture Painting, Character modeling, rigging ,animation (pose) and postprocessing (Composite or Retuche with Photoshop ...) ?

Oh i actual like that idea :D

tomblover
15-10-10, 16:18

My question: Is it allowed teams, or just single people? dizzydoil dearest and I already did this. :p

Love2Raid
15-10-10, 21:33

Nice idea!

Teams of two will be allowed, but you can work alone if you prefer that. :)
Iīll open the entry thread next week (monday).

BlueJ97
16-10-10, 05:50
me wants to join !!! :hug:

o0Crofty0o
16-10-10, 10:49
Nice idea!

Teams of two will be allowed, but you can work alone if you prefer that. :)
Iīll open the entry thread next week (monday).

Now i only need a Team member xD

Would anybody work with me? :vlol:

sn00p
16-10-10, 11:03

Oh noesssssssssssssss * running away as a fat chicken *

o0Crofty0o
16-10-10, 14:57
Oh noesssssssssssssss * running away as a fat chicken *

:vlol: I actual was going to post a picture ofn a fat chicken here and write ''Fat chicken will follow you!'' but the images on google are mature content :vlol:

Love2Raid
16-10-10, 15:30
dizzydoil dearest and I already did this. :p
How about a little rendez-vous, what do you say? :mis:
me wants to join !!! :hug:
Super! :D

*runs off, hits head against the wall, turns around and runs the other way*
:ton:

I think it's good to know the teams before we open the competition, so spam each other with ideas!! :jmp:

Oh, I just thought that it would be best to allow an individual entry and/or a team entry, both optional. So you can have a minimum of one entry and a maximum of two (one team entry and one individual entry).

BlueJ97 approved of this. :hug:

tomblover
16-10-10, 16:18
How about a little rendez-vous, what do you say? :mis:

I'm not saying we're joining. :p

If we do, however (I'll have to consult dizzydoil dearest first, if he's interested), I'm thinking we'll need a lengthy break before signing on. :p So put us on the "maybe" list for now. XD

Alpharaider47
16-10-10, 16:57
I really like this idea, count me in :p

BlueJ97
16-10-10, 17:03
whats the max number of members in the team ? :o

( please be 3 or 4 please be 3 or 4 please be 3 or 4 ) :p

sn00p
16-10-10, 17:15
I think 2 is more that enough O_o.

Poker15
16-10-10, 18:28
I'm joining

o0Crofty0o
16-10-10, 18:57
@ Love2Raid
Would it be possible that we have 2 weeks instead of one to present the idea? I don't have any time next week :o

Love2Raid
16-10-10, 19:17
I'm not saying we're joining. :p

If we do, however (I'll have to consult dizzydoil dearest first, if he's interested), I'm thinking we'll need a lengthy break before signing on. :p So put us on the "maybe" list for now. XD
:vlol:

Okay then. XD
I really like this idea, count me in :p
:jmp:
whats the max number of members in the team ? :o

( please be 3 or 4 please be 3 or 4 please be 3 or 4 ) :p
It doesnīt really matter how many people are on one team, as long as every member contributes equally. You can decide whatīs most practical/convenient/efficient yourself, but I think 2-3 members will probably be the norm (just a guideline though, no rule). More people working on something doesnīt guarantee a good result.
@ Love2Raid
Would it be possible that we have 2 weeks instead of one to present the idea? I don't have any time next week :o
Yeah, you are right. I think 2 weeks will be better, especially when you consider we will have teams as well (makes decision making a little harder :p). We will also have more time to form teams (if you want to be in a team).

@Poker15 (forgot to quote post)
Excellent!! :D

BlueJ97
17-10-10, 15:55
YAY !!
thanks L2r :hug:

Love2Raid
17-10-10, 16:08
This part of the entry will be posted before the first deadline, which will be 2 weeks from the start of the competition.

You will present your idea here and nothing more. It can be your own idea (if you work alone) or that of your team (only one member posts the entry).

It can be a description in text, a photo-manip, a piece of concept art, a drawing you found somewhere, anything really. Just make sure it doesnīt violate the T&C.

-----------------------

Individual Entry Part I: Idea
(Could also be Team Entry Part I: Idea)

I am going to create a HD version of the famous Janice, but she will wear a different outfit. I want her to wear a really short dress, long high-heeled boots and long gloves. All of a shiny, stretchy material. The look will be a bit cheap, really something that she could wear at work. :mis:
I still have to think of an accessory, perhaps a belt. And a cigarette of course. ;)

She will have sexy make-up and short, blonde hair.

-----------------------

This is how you can do it, it doesn't have to require a lot of work or have to be very complicated. Just make sure we have an idea of what you are going to do.

DON'T POST YOUR ENTRY HERE, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE THAT I WILL USE LATER!

BlueJ97
17-10-10, 16:11
thanks for the examples :hug:

o0Crofty0o
17-10-10, 18:07
-You are allowed to use parts from other models, like shoes or hair (models from the recap thread).

So that means i haz to upload some hairstyles i have there before i'm allowed to use them? XD

Love2Raid
17-10-10, 20:54
Thanks, Blue for posting (:p:p) :hug::hug:.

Crofty: I am going to change that rule, hehe, you can use whatever you can find. Be resourceful. XD

Love2Raid
17-10-10, 21:16
This part of your entry will be posted before the second deadline, which will be 5 weeks from the start of the competition.

You will only present the finished mesh, make sure not to show any textures. For this, you can either use a screenshot of Blender or an image in XNALara (both with textures off). Show it from the front and side (at least). Also tell us which parts you used and where you got them. :)

-----------------------

Individual Entry Part II: Mesh
(Could also be Team Entry Part II: Mesh)

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4782/exampleentry1.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8358/exampleentry2.jpg

Origins of mesh parts and credits

Original Lara Croft model by Crystal Dynamics, extracted by Dusan. The hair is from Ivy (Soulcalibur IV). I got the model from Vega82, it was originally ripped from the 360 version of the game by Noddy (Xentax forums). I put it on Laraīs head. The skirt mesh is by AtlantiB (art mesh), the top and belt are taken from the art mesh as well. The boots are made by Uwe Growlf and XNAaraL made them poseable for Lara. The gloves are made by me, out of Laraīs arms. :p

-----------------------

DON'T POST YOUR ENTRY HERE, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE THAT I WILL USE LATER!

Love2Raid
17-10-10, 23:16
This post will show the final result of your work and will be submitted before the final deadline, which is 8 weeks from the start of the competition. Please donīt post your result before the second deadline (of the mesh) to keep it fun! :)

Itīs not any different than the usual entry post for a modding competition, except that you have to put links to the previous 2 parts of your entry in the post.

You must add a download link and also please clarify if itīs poseable or static.

Donīt forget the credits (textures). It would also be great if you could tell what you think of the result, if you are happy with how it turned out. It would be cool if teams let us know which member did what.

-----------------------

Individual Entry Part III: Final Result
(Could also be Team Entry Part III: Final Result)

Part I (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4949876&postcount=34)
Part II (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4950589&postcount=38)

Janice

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2720/janicefinishedsmall.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/250/janicefinishedbig.jpg)
Click for larger! Male by Rolanda141, cigarette by AtlantiB.

Origins of textures and credits

The eye textures are by Zipper (edited). Vega82 fixed the textures of Ivy, I took the hair from it and made it blonde. The other textures are by me (and Crystal Dynamics of course :D).

I think it turned out just the way I planned, so Iīm happy with it. :)
Itīs poseable (as you can see, lol).

>>DOWNLOAD<< (http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4055/janicefinished22.jpg)

-----------------------

I'm sorry for the triple post, not on purpose. :o

Ol.a
18-10-10, 05:09
Modding competitions will never be the same again... :(
I was looking for a texture modding comp, because I have too much Blender every day, and I kinda have given up texture modding...
Anyway, I may participate if i'll find an idea..
Right now, I'm making 2 models (mesh and textures), so I don't know If I can be in the comp on time.
Also, I'm not sure I understand what I have to do here..
Do you want us to show, in general, a 'making of' of our model?
Also, since I see that static models are allowed, that means we can make an object too, and not a character? :eek:

Poker15
18-10-10, 05:10
I love that mod!!!:cln:
GEMMEHZ!:cln:

Love2Raid
18-10-10, 13:46
I was looking for a texture modding comp, because I have too much Blender every day, and I kinda have given up texture modding...
Anyway, I may participate if i'll find an idea..
Right now, I'm making 2 models (mesh and textures), so I don't know If I can be in the comp on time.
Also, I'm not sure I understand what I have to do here..
Do you want us to show, in general, a 'making of' of our model?
Also, since I see that static models are allowed, that means we can make an object too, and not a character? :eek:
Shall I put you on the list, or not? Please read the first post and look at the examples, I donīt think it can get any more clear than this. :)

Oh, btw, you can also join forces with a mesh modder, and then focus on the textures! :D
I love that mod!!!:cln:
GEMMEHZ!:cln:
Hehe, later! :D

zipper
18-10-10, 16:11

hell yes! remember those good old days! :o ......... http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/zipper_photo/th_tigress3.jpg (http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/zipper_photo/tigress3.jpg)

anyhow: times change! and thatīs ok! :D since my meshmoddingskills wonīt grow that fast :cln: donīt count me in ... or if someoneīs looking for a texturing partner .... :D
Ol.a !? :whi:

but be aware! Iīll be looking for the results!! Love2Raid yourīs fantastic already!!!!!:tmb:

Poker15
18-10-10, 16:13
hell yes! remember those god od days! :o ......... http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/zipper_photo/th_tigress3.jpg (http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/zipper_photo/tigress3.jpg)

anyhow: times change! and thatīs ok! :D since my meshmoddingskills wonīt grow that fast :cln: donīt count me in ... or if someoneīs looking for a texturing partner .... :D
ME ME ME ME ME!!!
I would like u to be mah texture partner!

Zipper, would you be my texture partner? :=

Love2Raid
18-10-10, 16:18
Ah, great to see people are forming teams already. :jmp:
Anyone who wants me on their team? :o:o

Zipper!!!!!
I wanted to send you a message but here you are! :D
You can use any mesh you want, itīs not necessary to work on it if you donīt want to. Or you could join a mesh modder and make something fabulous. :cln:

Btw thatīs not an entry, lol, just an example. :D

zipper
18-10-10, 16:18
Poker15 woot that was fast! :D letīs pm what youīre heading for?! ;)

Mrs_Bean
18-10-10, 16:31
Ah, thanks a lot for the examples! I was a bit confused about the mesh part, I thought we'll have to show step by step how we made it.

I think I'm at the mesh stage atm, hope I won't change my mind, lol. :D

Awesome mod btw!

Ol.a
18-10-10, 16:39
hell yes! remember those good old days! :o ......... http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/zipper_photo/th_tigress3.jpg (http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/zipper_photo/tigress3.jpg)

but be aware! Iīll be looking for the results!! Love2Raid yourīs fantastic already!!!!!:tmb:

I will make every single sl**** mesh you want mister! http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/b/bow_down-963.gif
(even if we get dis-qualified! :D )

zipper
18-10-10, 16:41
:vlol: :D :jmp: :cln:

:cln: perhaps I might join every participant!? :vlol:

Ol.a letīs make something GREAT!

Sharon_14
18-10-10, 16:44
pssst... zipper... :pi:

zipper
18-10-10, 16:45
pssst... zipper... :pi:

what? :whi:

Ol.a
18-10-10, 16:47
:vlol: :D :jmp: :cln:

:cln: perhaps I might join every participant!? :vlol:

I 'll wait for you to pm me! ;)

Sharon_14
18-10-10, 16:49
what? :whi:

i am here too, lol.

zipper
18-10-10, 16:52
okay! donīt tell the others: weīll form another team! :vlol:

Sharon_14
18-10-10, 16:53
sure thing. :p

Love2Raid
18-10-10, 17:10
Maybe I should allow more entries. :pi:

Mrs_Bean
18-10-10, 17:13
I think you should. :pi:

zipper
18-10-10, 17:14
lol

Sharon_14
18-10-10, 17:15
oh hey there mrs. bean. :pi:

dizzydoil
18-10-10, 17:17
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/310/c/8/Big_tard_little_tard_by_CallmeBinky.gif
HAI GUISE. WHUT U WHISPERIN' BOUTS?!

drakl0r
18-10-10, 17:27
Great comp! :D

I wish I could join, but my skills are limited to texture modding (and it's not very good), and a bit of mesh-modding using the notepad as I'm completely helpless with blender :o

Though pm me if you want a partner to help with the textures :pi:

Ol.a
18-10-10, 17:28
I hope others don't hate me..

Love2Raid
18-10-10, 17:53
We don't hate you Ol.a. Hi Dizzydoil, hi drakl0r!. *waves*

Okay, number of entries is infinite!! :yah:

BUT, the idea must be presented before the first deadline (you will understand when you see the entry thread, still working on a banner sorry :pi:) and if the second post is not in before the next deadline, it's disqualified, muahahaha! So think about how much time you really have before you team up with anyone. ;)

Ol.a
18-10-10, 18:58
Is just a pic enough for the idea presentation? :o

(Infinite entries means .... let's playyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:)

Love2Raid
18-10-10, 19:08
Yes, it's enough! You don't have to spend a lot of extra time on a drawing or something. XD ;)
:jmp::jmp:

XNAaraL
18-10-10, 19:09
Ah, great to see people are forming teams already. :jmp:
Anyone who wants me on their team? :o:o

:cln::gki::gki::gki:
Yes. It is an honor. Count me in :hug:

Poker15
18-10-10, 19:11
O_o but what aboout us?!

Love2Raid
18-10-10, 19:19
:cln::gki::gki::gki:
Yes. It is an honor. Count me in :hug:
Woohoo!!!!!!

:yah::yah::yah:

Entry thread will be up very soon. :pi:

Sharon_14
18-10-10, 19:25
lol, guess i'm alone then. :pi:

zipper
18-10-10, 19:56
O_o but what aboout us?!

lol, guess i'm alone then. :pi:

nonono!! I'll team with everyone! :cln: really! :o :D

Ol.a
18-10-10, 20:22
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

(the infinite entries thing is hilarious!!! :vlol:)

Matty-Croft
18-10-10, 21:06
I join!!! :D Great Idea Love2Raid!! :tmb::hug:
I alrady have something in my mind!!:mis::mis:

...But I'd love to make a team! :o:o:o
Who is with me? :o:)

Love2Raid
18-10-10, 21:56
Thanks! :hug:
Cool! :D

Zipper said he would team up with everyone! :p

Competition is now officially open! :jmp:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=174435

daventry
19-10-10, 19:43
Im not sure what this Thread is about or if this is the right place for it, but im thinking of a Change in Other Characters and if you Guys could do it Please. :D

We have a Thousand Lara Croft Models, so why not give these guys a chance. :p

Please make Alister Indiana Jones
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7...dianajones.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7964/indianajones.jpg)
Use this Model by Draklor
http://gotupload.com/5spwzooer9ap/Pr...ister.rar.html (http://gotupload.com/5spwzooer9ap/Prince_Alister.rar.html)

Please make Superman Alister
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1...manalister.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1006/supermanalister.jpg)

Please put Alister in this Body
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2725/79614195.jpg

Please make this Supergirl
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3795208&postcount=276

Please put Amelia in a Dress like this
http://i26.************/5lv58y.jpg

$AtlantiB$
19-10-10, 20:16
i want to join too =)

Love2Raid
19-10-10, 20:35
Daventry:
Wanna join? You could try yourself or wait and see if people use your ideas. ;)i want to join too =)
:yah::yah::yah::jmp::jmp::hug:

$AtlantiB$
19-10-10, 20:38
Love2Raid... oh gods... i think this thread should have hiden name... Models reguest list 2 xD

Sharon_14
19-10-10, 20:39
... what?

Ol.a
19-10-10, 20:49
Love2Raid... oh gods... i think this thread should have hiden name... Models reguest list 2 xD

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:
Oh, you made me laugh so much!!! Haha!

Love2Raid
19-10-10, 20:50
:vlol:
... what?
It's because Dave doesn't let any opportunity go to waste to post his list of requests. :D

daventry
19-10-10, 21:40
Its Not a Request, its an Oppertunity for you Modders to use Other Characters from the Trilogy aswell for a change, we have 50 000 Lara Croft Models in Diffrent Outfits, so why not give the Other Characters a Chance aswell. ;)

There should be like a Competition for:
Alister
Zip
Natla
Amanda
Winston
Heck, even Anya

Zipper turned the Yeti Thrall into the Hulk
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3675947&postcount=92
Why not see if you guys can turn it into a Yeti
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...ostcount=39924 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4754440&postcount=39924)

Covi made a Spidergirl Lara
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=3814
Is it possible to Cut Off her Head and just place a Mask there like Spiderman Please, here is the Download Link for the Spider Girl Lara.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3865164&postcount=1494

Stop thinking of it as My Request and start thinking about Other Characters aswell, Lara Isent the Only Babe Magnet on the Planet you know. :vlol:
Wanna join? You could try yourself or wait and see if people use your ideas.I havent a Clue how to Mesh Mod or do any kind of Modding, so i will wait and see what these Fantastic Modders can come up with. :cln::hug::tmb:

Or is this Mesh Modding :o:confused:
Old Face & Grey Hair Alister with Hat: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8334/31803989.jpg

The Hat is by AtlantiB
The Old Face Texture is what Love2Raid gave to me

I Removed the Glasses and the Necklace and i Pasted the Hat in Blender through a Tutorial XNAaral gave to me.

Love2Raid
20-10-10, 21:51
Hey daventry!

Yeah, using other models than Lara should be encouraged in my opinion as well, there are not many limits here. You could even use Kurtis if you wanted to, since he is from Tomb Raider too. ;)

That Alister is a perfect example of what an entry could look like! It doesn't have to be very advanced or anything, it's just for fun! :D
But it has to be something new. So if you can think of something that you could do (alone or in a team), I would say join the club! :hug:

daventry
20-10-10, 22:15
I would Love to Join the Club, but how or what could i do and who would Join me. :o

Besides, those Ideas for Models are New ;)

Miss WolF
27-10-10, 12:56
Hallo!
:D

The previous modding competition has just ended, so ... itīs time for the next one! :jmp:
I have an idea, but I want to see how many people like it and would be ready to join.

The competition that I have in mind will be slightly different than the ones we had before. It will more about the process of the creation of a mod, and not only the mod itself. When you want to make a mod for XNALara, you start with an idea in your head, a design. What is the outfit going to look like? This could be a vague idea, that develops while you are working, but it could also be very clear from the start. After this, you need to think of the materials you are going to use to make it happen. Which mesh are you going to use as a base, are there mesh parts out there that you can use? This requires some mesh modding skills, but most of all resourcefulness. When the mesh is put together, itīs time for the next part: the textures. Do you have something from a previous mod that you can use? Can you simply edit the original textures, or do you need to make them from scratch? Finally, itīs time for the last part: the presentation.

So what am I even trying to say? :p
Itīs basically an XNALara modding comp like any other that involves both mesh modding as texture modding, except that you will share with us not only the final result, but also how you made it.

If you want to enter, you agree that you will

Think of a design/concept and present it. You can describe it in words, a picture (that inspired you) or even a drawing (if you insist, lol).
Create the mesh that suits this design and present it (a picture (Blender or XNALara with textures off)).
Mod the textures to make it complete and post the result as a presentation picture and download link.

Theme and rules
There is no theme. The rules are:

The entry must be new and made specifically for this competition.
You have to use an original Tomb Raider character as a base for your mesh mod, but can add as many parts as you like (just make sure the character is still recognizable as Lara or Natla for example).
You can use mesh parts provided by others but you MUST have their permission.
You can use textures made by others but you MUST have their permission.
You are allowed to use parts from other models, like shoes or hair (models from the recap thread).

Time span
I was thinking about one week to present the idea, two weeks to present the mesh and two weeks to present the final result. I wonīt be very strict about this, if someone needs more then that can be discussed.
Edit: Deadline for presentation of the idea extended to two weeks, mesh extended to three weeks and textures/final result to three weeks as well, to give people more time now that they can work in teams as well. So TWO months till the final deadline.

Number of entries
Only one. Because of this, I wonīt mind if there are any other modding comps running at the same time. :)
Edit: After XNAaraLīs suggestion, that a lot of people seemed to like very much, I have decided that you can either work alone, or work in a team. The team will have 2-3 members, but thatīs a guideline really, not a rule. If you want to be in a team, itīs your responsibility to form one and think of an idea together before the first deadline. There is now a maximum of TWO entries, one individual entry and one team entry (only one of each, no more).

I canīt mesh mod, can I still join?
Yes, of course! The problem is that you will be more limited in what you can make. You can decide to use a costum mesh (like AtlantiBīs art mesh), ask permission first. This could be an incentive to start experimenting with mesh modding, just donīt set the bar too high for yourself. An upside of this is that you will have two more weeks for the textures. :p
XNALara Mesh Modding Thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=154890)
Combining Models with Notepad (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4332345&postcount=27542)

Voting
Voting will commence after everyone got a chance to download the mods and take a look at them. Iīm not sure yet about the categories, but at least the mod itself and how well it represents the initial idea will be judged.

Thatīs about it. :o
I will open an entry thread if we get enough people who want to join. I would be happy to hear anything that is not clear about the idea or things you think should be different.

----------------------------------
Members who have agreed to enter
amaris
Billy959
Sharon14
XNAaraL
Love2Raid
sn00p
Mrs Bean
o0Crofty0o
BlueJ97
Alpharaider47
Poker15
Zipper

Teams
tomblover and dizzydoil (maybe :mis:)
Alpharaider, amaris and BlueJ97
Poker15 and Zipper
XNAaraL and Love2Raid
Ol.a and Zipper
Sharon14 and Zipper
(are you sure, Zipper? :p)

Can I also join? :o
But I'll not make models for XNALara,I'll make models for the game!!
Okay? :o