PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for your comments and suggestions on forum life

tlr online
14-10-10, 11:02
Moderation (myself included) have been going through the various threads on the health of our forum. All your comments have been taken on board and the first step will be to simplify our Terms and Conditions.

We continue to welcome constructive critisism, and thank those who have taken the time to post their opinions. We will also be unveiling our brand new Moderator very soon. :jmp:

On a side note, my forum time has been rather limited of late. I hope to fix this in the coming days.

MattTR
14-10-10, 11:17
Thank you so much Justin, it means a lot to all of us that you're working on making the forum a better place. Recently things have just gotten blatantly out of hand. :pi:

I'm looking forward to the changes, and I hope that things in fact get better for all of us. :tmb:

On a side note, are you still working on the banner and/or themes? :D

tlr online
14-10-10, 11:27
Recently things have just gotten blatantly out of hand. :pi:

I agree. Changes are going to be made on many issues, including our tollerance on spam and trolling.

On a side note, are you still working on the banner and/or themes? :D

The newly designed logos will be used on their own themes, giving members a choice of what logo to use. I'm also on the verge of purchasing vBulletin 4.0 (finally) hence the delay in mobilising the new themes. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

MattTR
14-10-10, 11:30
I agree. Changes are going to be made on many issues, including our tollerance on spam and trolling.

The newly designed logos will be used on their own themes, giving members a choice of what logo to use. I'm also on the verge of purchasing vBulletin 4.0 (finally) hence the delay in mobilising the new themes. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

That's both excellent and exciting news. :tmb:

Can't wait! :yah:

EscondeR
14-10-10, 11:33

BTW, Justin, has vBulletin 4.0 been changed for good? The latest screenshots of vB 4.0 forums I've seen were, gently speaking, unsatisfactory :rolleyes: At least in comparison with laconic and stylish 3.8 design...

tlr online
14-10-10, 11:40
BTW, Justin, has vBulletin 4.0 been changed for good? The latest screenshots of vB 4.0 forums I've seen were, gently speaking, unsatisfactory :rolleyes: At least in comparison with laconic and stylish 3.8 design...

Still some testing to do. I won't upgrade until I'm completely satisfied.

Liara
14-10-10, 11:41
Wow, good to see that stuff around TRF can change after all. *is looking forward to the new themes*

daventry
14-10-10, 11:45
Whoopee, thanks Justin. :hug:

dizzydoil
14-10-10, 11:47
So should we tell them now Justin, or later? (that of course I'm the new moderator) :pi:

:p

I'm glad everything is getting sorted. It's so nice to see TRF progressing. :D

Johnnay
14-10-10, 11:55

awwww:D

Anyways about Vbulletion 4.0( i will miss dearly V bulletin 3). Ummm will it work perfectly on Mobile Browsers(i hope so)

thanks.. and i hope you chose that Moderator very wisely:)

tampi
14-10-10, 11:57
On a side note, my forum time has been rather limited of late. I hope to fix this in the coming days.

I imagine that going fishing is quite laborious.....:p:hug:

This is good!
This means that we will suffer a metamorphosis in a short time? :cln::D

EDIT:
Ummm will it work perfectly on Mobile Browsers(i hope so)

Me too

Johnnay
14-10-10, 12:00
EDIT:

Me too

V Bulletin 3 worked ok, so i hope this one(although its a upgrade) works seemingly well on a mobile browser over WiFi/HSDPA/EDGE Connections. i hope Justin does not have to flush the DNS like last time:(

tampi
14-10-10, 12:03
V Bulletin 3 worked ok, so i hope this one(although its a upgrade) works seemingly well on a mobile browser over WiFi/HSDPA/EDGE Connections. i hope Justin does not have to flush the DNS like last time:(

Yes, I have no problems with it with android htc

Tombraiderx08
14-10-10, 12:05
No problem Mr. Penguin :)

Johnnay
14-10-10, 12:07
Yes, I have no problems with it with android htc

it is ok to use it on Safari on iOS Devices and my Samsung Galaxy S Internet App(provided it runs Android) will work fine with v Bulletin but using the official Opera App on iOS Devices to use TRF is kinda crap.

Rai
14-10-10, 12:52
Thanks so much for keeping us updated and for taking members' suggestions into consideration.

I look forward to seeing who the new Moderator is and the site updates :tmb:

Lizard of Oz
14-10-10, 12:53
Awesome!:jmp:

I am really looking forward to finding out who the new moderator is :)

Avalon SARL
14-10-10, 12:58
Thanks alot
looking forward to the new changes :)

LightningRider
14-10-10, 13:23
Wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to see what's been going around Justin. It's much appreciated. :)

tlr online
14-10-10, 13:26
... but using the official Opera App on iOS Devices to use TRF is kinda crap.

http://i54.************/11v4400.jpg

Will work on a functional mobile theme. (This will please Draco also, he's been asking for ages)

I, Tomb Raider
14-10-10, 13:30
Oh, a new moderator. Cool. :p

Draco
14-10-10, 13:52
(This will please Draco also, he's been asking for ages)

Amen.

Liara
14-10-10, 13:54
I look forward to seeing who the new Moderator is and the site updates :tmb:
Well there goes my guess... I was hoping you'd turn out to be the new mod. *goes back to guessing*

Draco
14-10-10, 14:01
It's possible they haven't been asked yet.

Alpharaider47
14-10-10, 14:27
Thanks for the shout-out Justin, nice to know some changes are being made :p

Chocola teapot
14-10-10, 14:29
I'm frightened about who they may have choosen to be the new mod.

Minty Mouth
14-10-10, 14:30

Well, it's almost Halloween, so maybe they will pick someone particularly to give us all a fright :p

Chocola teapot
14-10-10, 14:32
Well, it's almost Halloween, so maybe they will pick someone particularly to give us all a fright :p

Ba-dum-Chhh?

tombraiderluka
14-10-10, 14:32
Looking forward to these changes.

SkyPuppy
14-10-10, 14:35

they're picking Mikky?

/wrists

Draco
14-10-10, 14:36

Whoever it is, it would be someone the mods all agree with. Take that however you want.

tlr online
14-10-10, 14:43
Whoever it is, it would be someone the mods all agree with.

Indeed. The process usually works this way.

b/w In a few months you will have been on our forum for ten years.

Mikky
14-10-10, 14:45

Me too. :pi:

they're picking Mikky?

/wrists

:vlol: I'll get you for that. :p

Draco
14-10-10, 14:48
Indeed. The process usually works this way.

b/w In a few months you will have been on our forum for ten years.

I'll have been registered for ten years anyway lol. Pretty sure I've been banned for at least two of them and inactive for another two.

Phlip
14-10-10, 15:10
Good to know you're listening. :tmb:

Though I doubt you did about the avatar situation (not fully, anyway).

Encore
14-10-10, 15:12
Good to know that something's being done, sadly not exactly what I hoped for and PMd about.

daventry
14-10-10, 15:14
What time can we expect the New Mod, will it be Today. :confused:

suli
14-10-10, 15:16
ok I wasnt allowed to say it..but what the hell? i'm the new mod yaaay :jmp:

Mikky
14-10-10, 16:23
ok I wasnt allowed to say it..but what the hell? i'm the new mod yaaay :jmp:

Yeah, right. You wish. :p

Catapharact
14-10-10, 17:34

Hmuhahahahahaha! *Evil grin.*

:}hello friend
14-10-10, 18:05
It would be very nice if we had some differents colours with those new themes. :)

touchthesky
14-10-10, 18:06
Cat for mod!

Mr.Burns
14-10-10, 18:08
Cat for mod!

As long as it's a tabby cat or one of those ones that are black with white paws, I'm game for it. :)

Alex Shepherd
14-10-10, 18:09
Moderation (myself included) have been going through the various threads on the health of our forum. All your comments have been taken on board and the first step will be to simplify our Terms and Conditions.

We continue to welcome constructive critisism, and thank those who have taken the time to post their opinions. We will also be unveiling our brand new Moderator very soon. :jmp:

Can you please just change the picture header? :-/
And thanks for everything of what you're gonna do...

Legend of Lara
14-10-10, 18:10
As long as it's a tabby cat or one of those ones that are black with white paws, I'm game for it. :)

I agree. :)

xcrushterx
14-10-10, 18:11
Lots of TRF mods have had a weird obsession with cats. If you're curious about who the next one will be just look at who is obsessed with cats and you'll have your answer :D

touchthesky
14-10-10, 18:12
Lots of TRF mods have had a weird obsession with cats. If you're curious about who the next one will be just look at who is obsessed with cats and you'll have your answer :D

Mikky? :|

SkyPuppy
14-10-10, 18:16
Mikky? :|

:hug:

Rai
14-10-10, 18:22

Hmmm, I can think of a couple...

xcrushterx
14-10-10, 18:36
Well, now that I think of it, it's more animals in general. Not specifically cats :D

Draco
14-10-10, 20:17
Good to know that something's being done, sadly not exactly what I hoped for and PMd about.

Justin got tired of my idea showing up in his inbox :p

:(

touchthesky
14-10-10, 20:46
I wonder who it'll be. :)

lara c. fan
14-10-10, 20:47
I reckon it will be Draco making a surprise comeback that no-one saw coming.

Draco
14-10-10, 20:50
I reckon it will be Draco making a surprise comeback that no-one saw coming.

That's funny.

lara c. fan
14-10-10, 20:53
That's funny.

I do try.

touchthesky
14-10-10, 20:58
Ah hope it's Justin ^_^.

TRfan23
14-10-10, 21:35
^ Then Bokkie will take over :p

I do try.

Too hard.

robm_2007
14-10-10, 21:46

ive noticed quite the number of cat threads since last year, and it seems that Cats are becoming more popular than, well, anything...even Lady Gaga or Penguins :pi:. i think Mikky has brainwashed us all with his love for tigers and other felines; not to mention the Jocelyn Wildentstein trend that last on here for the time that it did, she looks like cat is what im trying to get at :pi:
--------------

@Justin: is the new mod a former mod or a totally new moderator?

Encore
14-10-10, 22:47
Justin got tired of my idea showing up in his inbox :p

:(

Lol. Then maybe I just start being more annoying. :mis:

Johnnay
14-10-10, 23:14
ive noticed quite the number of cat threads since last year, and it seems that Cats are becoming more popular than, well, anything...even Lady Gaga or Penguins :pi:. i think Mikky has brainwashed us all with his love for tigers and other felines; not to mention the Jocelyn Wildentstein trend that last on here for the time that it did, she looks like cat is what im trying to get at :pi:
--------------

@Justin: is the new mod a former mod or a totally new moderator?

Wait and see for your last part:)

Legend of Lara
14-10-10, 23:16

It... it's not you, is it? D:

Love2Raid
14-10-10, 23:27

Sounds really cool! :tmb:

I hope the new mod is on my friends list. :whi:
:ton:

robm_2007
15-10-10, 02:47

im sorry, but that message was for justin to answer!!! :(

:pi:

but i just wanted a hint, but maybe we would be able ot narrow it down, so he hasnt said an answer yet.
--------------
we should hold a competition and guess :jmp:

Tony9595
15-10-10, 03:39
Seems like we'll need more than one moderator. Just take a look at tonight's mess :p

Paddy
15-10-10, 03:50
What the hell happened earlier? :p

robm_2007
15-10-10, 03:55
What the hell happened earlier? :p

i dont see what the problem was, i got some rull good deals on some DVDs.

AmericanAssassin
15-10-10, 03:59
I wouldn't call that much of an issue, but you know...

Paddy
15-10-10, 04:00
i dont see what the problem was, i got some rull good deals on some DVDs.

Those threads with the movie links? Is that all it was :vlol:

Tony9595
15-10-10, 04:02
You all act as if it wasn't something terribly serious! I mean, someone's baby got offended by one of those threads. :p

Paddy
15-10-10, 04:02
Theres been worse is all I implied :p

AmericanAssassin
15-10-10, 04:03
My pet ferret cried because of those threads. :(

Paddy
15-10-10, 04:05
I cried too in fits of laughter

Mr.Burns
15-10-10, 04:08
The threads have been deleted so all is well now. Back to your discussions about forum improvements and what not. :)

Lara_Fan_33
15-10-10, 04:23
wow im excited! :D ive found myself lingering away from the forums lately and maybe a new change would get me interested again, not to mention im excited for a new mod as well :) just think? if all goes well we could have a new forum just in time for fresh tomb raider 9 news! :eek: :mis: :mis: glad to see that forum problems are being tidied up and all seems to be getting better for the time being :)

Johnnay
17-10-10, 04:07
I hope the new mod comes sooner or later.

:)

on another note, how come mods arent allowed to ban members:confused:

lara c. fan
17-10-10, 07:51
on another note, how come mods arent allowed to ban members:confused:

Could get some spur of the moment things, I suppose. Going through Justin (An at least semi-independent party) makes it a bit fairer.

Ceamonks890
18-10-10, 03:17
Thank you so much Justin for taking a lot of people's suggestions into consideration:tmb:. Can't wait to find out who the new mod is:)

SkyPuppy
18-10-10, 03:18
Thank you so much Justin for taking a lot of people's suggestions into consideration:tmb:. Can't wait to find out who the new mod is:)

it's already been said. it's Dennis's Mom.

freeze10108
18-10-10, 03:23
it's already been said. it's Dennis's Mom.

There is, however, one more... :pi:

SkyPuppy
18-10-10, 03:27
There is, however, one more... :pi:

that is true. well, i like the choice they made for making Dennis's Mom a mod, so hopefully the next one is also a good choice.