PDA

View Full Version : Rome, woman in a coma after being punched by a 20-year-old

Anubis_AF
14-10-10, 23:54
A 20-year-old from Rome with a criminal record was arrested yesterday by the carabinieri after having punched a Romanian woman, who is now in a coma.

The incident happened in Rome, at the “Anagnina” underground station. The young man and the woman were queuing to buy the train tickets, but they started arguing. The man then violently punched the woman, who fainted. The police, thanks to witnesses, managed to find the attacker and arrested him. In the meantime the woman was hospitalized at the Casilino hospital and underwent surgery for the severe injuries to her skull. At the moment she is still in a coma.

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_7j9WCi6L4

Source:
http://www.siciliainformazioni.com/giornale//105845/rome-woman-coma-after-being-punched-year-they-were-queue-train-ticket.htm

digitizedboy
14-10-10, 23:57
I can't believe the way he just casually walked away like that, not to mention the people that just WALKED on by!! O_O

Love2Raid
15-10-10, 00:00
Thatīs disgusting! He must have used all the force he had to knock her out like that, that son of a *****! :mad:
Some people were just walking on as if nothing happened. >_>

I hope she will fully recover, poor girl.

Anubis_AF
15-10-10, 00:02
Absolutely! :/ They say she is in a bad condition now. It's on the news all the time.
Also, I can't believe she fell like a statue... if she tried to move somehow whilst falling, maybe she wouldn't have injured her brain as much?

MattTR
15-10-10, 00:02
Wow, freaking jerk needs to get locked up. That's pathetic, having to bring force into an argument.. Poor girl, I hope she recovers. :(

digitizedboy
15-10-10, 00:04
if she tried to move somehow whilst falling

That's just daft, I was knocked to the floor once, and there's just nothing you can do about it if the blow was hard and unexpected.

Encore
15-10-10, 00:06
It's on the news all the time.

I feel sorry for the poor woman, but I couldn't help but notice this bit and wonder why exactly, when so many people are randomly attacked on the streets every day in some big city.

Love2Raid
15-10-10, 00:07
Absolutely! :/ They say she is in a bad condition now. It's on the news all the time.
Also, I can't believe she fell like a statue... if she tried to move somehow whilst falling, maybe she wouldn't have injured her brain as much?
Yeah, her fall definitely made it worse. A conscious person doesn't fall like that, so he really knocked her out. It's really sad. I wish all men were gentlemen. :rolleyes:

voltz
15-10-10, 00:54
Can attempted murder charges be pressed in this case?

Killercowz
15-10-10, 01:48
Ouch. :(

Squibbly
15-10-10, 02:07
Oh my gosh. I hope she'll be okay.

Lizard of Oz
15-10-10, 02:43
I hope they pay that ******* the same token x100, one day :cen:

EDIT: Gosh, notice how at first nobody was interested in helping her :rolleyes:

Hairhelmet12
15-10-10, 03:06
Oh. My. GOD! I can't believe how this guy just knocked her out, picked up her things, and just casually strolled away! All the people who just walked on by like there isn't a body just lying there! THE NERVE OF PEOPLE!

Sir Croft
15-10-10, 03:30
The subtitles on the video made me lol. But the situation is absurd, specially because nobody stopped to help the woman!

Paddy
15-10-10, 04:01
As disgusting as it was the person who did it, its moreso the people that walked by and didnt do a thing.

silviu_raider
15-10-10, 05:49
I saw this on the news, here in Romania, and I find it not only disgusting, from the one that punched her, but also from the people that just passed by while the woman was lying on the floor.
They also said at the news that the Italian man was drunk, so he wasn't fully aware of what he was doing.

Ikas90
15-10-10, 06:52
It seems like people are just caring less and less these days.

tampi
15-10-10, 08:12
I must say that this situation is quite normal.
I have traveled many years in subway and people walk very fast and with only one thing in mind: to reach the destination.

Sometimes I had lived a similar situation.
People took to react.

People are slow to react. It takes just as long as someone walks by with at least two ideas in mind: to reach the destination and to think: That person seems to need help. I will.

But usually we are afraid.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
15-10-10, 09:30
It's really that dangerous there?

*laralover*
15-10-10, 09:45
As disgusting as it was the person who did it, its moreso the people that walked by and didnt do a thing.

Yeah i know right? :(

TRLegendLuver
15-10-10, 09:48
Dick.

tampi
15-10-10, 10:16
It's really that dangerous there?

you ask me?

sandygrimm
15-10-10, 10:46
Rumanian? Geez thy hate us that much?
Romanian for once. And second I head a lot of Italians agreeing Romanians, just because of he gypsy problems.
I'm scared to visit it, lucky I know English otherwise I'd never even think of going there anymore.:(

digitizedboy
15-10-10, 10:55
Romanian for once. And second I head a lot of Italians agreeing Romanians, just because of he gypsy problems.
I'm scared to visit it, lucky I know English otherwise I'd never even think of going there anymore.:(

C'mon!! It's got nothing to do with nationality. The guy's a loon! You don't just lash out on someone because you disagree with something.

sandygrimm
15-10-10, 11:13
^ Tell that to all the other italian loons on a killing spree, mostly women.
True this was a mental case, but I see it on the news every other week

14 September, Vibo Valentia (Calabria). Monica Alexandrescu, 31 years old,
1 October Foligno (Umbria). Mariana Puscasu, 34
7 octombrie, Giano dell'Umbria (Spoleto). Elena, de 24
15 October, Alassio - Savona (Liguria). Alina Nutica Nicescu, 18
19 October, Bergamo. Ion Gorko, de 46, Ionela Paslariu 30

These just a few murders in 2008. And some attacks these year. Thins died down a bit I admit, but some may still have a grudge

trXD
15-10-10, 11:38

They will always be those that commit hate crimes, but I wouldn't worry, it isn't so common that you should be worried. I mean, there are a few cases of it over the past couple years but, statistically thats nothing.

LNSNHGTDS
15-10-10, 14:06
I saw that on the news yesterday.The most noticeable thing about this whole story is that everyone just continued walking instead of helping the poor woman :yik: !!!

Andyroo
15-10-10, 14:20
At a busy station I would almost expect people to not even notice someone laying there, but that place was hardly a busy station at the time of the incident and these people are plain old ignoring her for a good long 30/40 seconds.

Well at least they got the scumbag.

LegenDarY
15-10-10, 14:51
I think you guys are looking at the situation in a wrong way.. I agree that SOMEONE should have ran to the woman a little faster, but as soon as one person is helping her, it's senseless for EVERYBODY to gather around her..

What makes me especially proud is the guy who adresses the abuser about what he's done.. mad respect for him, not everybody would have done that..

And the guy who hit the girl makes me sick, what in the world was he thinking, just look at how hard her head must have landed, it's a miracle she's still alive.. sick *******!

igonge
15-10-10, 15:35
Wow, he was able to do that with his fist? Poor woman.

Anubis_AF
15-10-10, 15:38
Here's an update:

Sources from the hospital declared for HotNews.ro that, today, a new medical bulletin regarding the health condition of the Romanian will be released. The hospital's spokesperson Cesira Piscioneri declared on Thursdsay that the health of the Romanian got worse all of a sudden and the life of the woman is in serious danger.

The hospital's leadership declared that an analysis revealed that the brain edema got worse compared to the initial state in which the woman was brought. Several newspapers in Italy tookover the news on the first page.

Il Messaggero reads about the desperation of her husband, Adrian who receives psychological help at the hospital. The same daily reads that Alessio Burtone, the aggressor had two other complaints for aggression in the last six months.

According to the same sources, the Italian practiced boxing for several years.

SOURCE (http://english.hotnews.ro/stiri-regional_europe-7931376-maricica-hahaianu-the-romanian-nurse-hit-metro-station-rome-irreversible-coma.htm).

According to the same sources, the Italian practiced boxing for several years.
So he ****ing knocked her out? Pathetic.

tampi
15-10-10, 15:41
excellent! :pi:

voltz
15-10-10, 16:11
Again, can he be brought up on attempted murder if she survives?

trXD
15-10-10, 16:12
Again, can he be brought up on attempted murder if she survives?

Well he didn't try to kill her so probably not.

Anubis_AF
15-10-10, 16:18
^ That's what voluntary manslaughter murder charges are for.

dizzydoil
15-10-10, 16:39
:eek:

What a *******.

CerebralAssassin
15-10-10, 16:52
what a ****ing scumbag...he should be locked up with the key thrown away

Love2Raid
15-10-10, 16:52
So she either dies or will be scarred for life. :(

Lara's Nemesis
15-10-10, 17:01
Really cowardly act, best of luck to the woman in her recovery.

Rai
15-10-10, 17:21
I'm disgusted, not just by this man, but by those who walked by. It's true, we don't know how we'd react in a similar situation, but still, people were walking by as if the poor woman wasn't there!. I hope she makes a full recovery. :(

Anubis_AF
17-10-10, 16:41
It's official... Maricica Hahaianu has died.

Tragic ending: Italian doctors take Maricica Hahaianu off life support, pronounce her dead

The Romanian woman assaulted by an Italian man at the Rome subway died on Friday evening, her family lawyer Alessandro Di Giovanni announced, Mediafax reported, quoting TGcom. "Maricica Hahaianu was taken off life support and pronounced dead," the lawyer said. On Friday morning, Italian doctors announced that the 32-year-old Romanian woman had gone into irreversible coma, having suffered a "severe brain edema." This was so shocking for the woman's husband, that he needed psychological counseling. At home in Romania, their three-year-old child still waits for his mother...

SOURCE. (http://www.bucharestherald.ro/dailyevents/41-dailyevents/16288-tragic-ending-italian-doctors-take-maricica-hahaianu-off-life-support-pronounce-her-dead)

silviu_raider
17-10-10, 18:05
Dear Lord. :(

That guy will, most likely, end up in prison now. =/
He deserves it!

voltz
17-10-10, 20:05
That's a very tragic way of ending things. If this scumbag doesn't get a jail term, I may ask if 4chan is willing to help track this punk and help make sure he gets what's coming to him.

btw...

excellent! :pi:

You still standing by this statement now that she's dead, tampi?

Anubis_AF
17-10-10, 20:59
^ He did not mean it literally; it's more of a 'Nice.. real nice...'-sarcastic type of meaning.

I hope this person gets what he deserves. And what's more terrifying is that this can happen to anybody! A simple misunderstanding turns bad. Real bad.

Love2Raid
17-10-10, 21:36
Thatīs awful. :(

I hope she can rest in peace and that the people she left behind can find the strength to carry on without her.

Joely-Moley
17-10-10, 22:48
No way, that's horrible. I was really hoping she would pull though. :(

Lara's home
17-10-10, 22:50
I find it a bit odd that she died... But it's tragic nonetheless.

drakl0r
18-10-10, 04:08
This is disgusting and sad, RIP to the woman, and hopefully the guy who punched her gets the punishment he deserved...:(

Ikas90
18-10-10, 04:41
This is terrible. :(

But I'm also willing to bet that the paramedics did no better than all the people who walked past her to begin with. People don't care, and don't try hard enough to help; so I'm guessing the paramedics didn't try hard enough to keep her alive. Not saying it's true, but it is pretty likely, especially in a country like Italy. She was lucky enough to be TAKEN to hospital.

The attacker definitely deserves to be locked up though. Scumbags like this should not be allowed to walk the earth in the first place.

sandygrimm
18-10-10, 06:24
Dear Lord. :(

That guy will, most likely, end up in prison now. =/
He deserves it!

I hoped the death penalty would ply. Or at least electroshock therapy, he deserves it, just to feel what he did.
I don't advocate violence as a punishment, but prison is just too nice for him.

Legend 4ever
18-10-10, 07:11
Most people commenting on the videos about this are saying in Italian that he shouldn't go to jail because it was an accident, that you can see she slapped him and attacked him so he punched her to defend himself and that the real reason behind her death is not his punch but the fact she fell on the floor and hit her head.

R.I.P.

dizzydoil
18-10-10, 07:17
He didn't just punch her though- he like, clearly knocked her out- like a total K.O moment. I'm sure there is a difference between a heavy 'punch' and a knock-out 'blow'. It's terrible to see this all ended so tragically. :( RIP

Rai
18-10-10, 11:14
Oh god, I was hoping she'd pull through. R.I.P, may she rest in peace now :(.

He deserves jail time for this.

voltz
18-10-10, 20:51
So... any court updates on that punk yet?

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-10-10, 20:59
They should stick him in a cage with an enraged gorilla.

Most people commenting on the videos about this are saying in Italian that he shouldn't go to jail because it was an accident, that you can see she slapped him and attacked him so he punched her to defend himself and that the real reason behind her death is not his punch but the fact she fell on the floor and hit her head.

R.I.P.

His use of force is obviously beyond what any rational person would consider "defending himself".

moodydog
18-10-10, 21:20
oh this is horrible :(

Azerutan
19-10-10, 02:05

R.I.P.
They say that 'cause she's Romanian. I bet if she was French or British, people would set fire on him immediately :rolleyes: (and btw, this is a sarcasm, whoever lives in any Southern European country know how badly Romanians are perceived here).

But fortunately this man is far from being the representation of Italians. I mean, I would never even slap a woman, this is far from being self-defense. Sometimes, a real man should just walk way...