PDA

View Full Version : Guess the New Moderator!

robm_2007
15-10-10, 03:45
okay, this is my first thread about competitions (even though this is in GC, IDK where to put it, cuz in the Competitions thread, it might not survive, and this is a GC discussion/game), and the prize you win is a chance to pretend you were temporarily psychic and foresaw who the new moderator would be. (unless you really are psychic and "guessed" correctly, then, you cheated :()

any ways, i was thinking that we could guess the new moderator.

You have only one guess per each category (since Justin made it seem like we were only getting one new moderator as of now), but you could always edit it; but id like you all to try and humor me by not changing your votes just to see if your initial guess was right. (im not going to guess just yet, so dont yell at me).
--------------------
Categories:

My Guess if it's a Former Moderator:
My Guess if it's a Completely New Moderator:

Mr.Burns
15-10-10, 03:47
Okay okay, we were hoping to wait but we might as well tell you now. It's a CIA trained penguin. We will have it permanently plugged into a computer so it can be on the look out for spamming and trolling. That's why it took so long to get a new moderator, all of that red tape and permits...:whi:

robm_2007
15-10-10, 03:49
Okay okay, we were hoping to wait but we might as well tell you now. It's a CIA trained penguin. We will have it permanently plugged into a computer so it can be on the look out for spamming and trolling. That's why it took so long to get a new moderator, all of that red tape and permits...:whi:

so, i WAS right; i should have typed it so ppl would now believe me :(!!!

jamieoliver22
15-10-10, 07:23
Seeing as Anubis and Net have been active again lately, I reckon it could be one of those. Glad that they are back with us though, they were two great members/mods.

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-10-10, 07:39
Don't know who it could be, , but I have confidence that whoever it is will be a great choice. :tmb: :D I'm very excited to see how this plays out. :)

tampi
15-10-10, 07:45
Jamie, why are you a Technical cheese?.
I don't want to even think about it. :p

Perhaps you are promoted to moderator. :)

Melonie!! You know? :D

Alive_and_Funky
15-10-10, 07:47
Interesting thread. :D

My Guess if it's a Former Moderator: Neteru
My Guess if it's a Completely New Moderator: Dennis's Mom

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-10-10, 07:55
Melonie!! You know? :D

lol no I don't know who it is, I just know that is will probably be an awesome person. :p

tampi
15-10-10, 07:58
@Alive_and_Funky read my mind.

TRLegendLuver
15-10-10, 09:52

:vlol:

I love this kind of thing. I'd love to be a moderator, but a little nervous, to be truthfully honest. :O

touchthesky
15-10-10, 10:00
It's me, the email came in today. ;)

trXD
15-10-10, 10:05
< Is it this guy?

marla_biggs
15-10-10, 10:55
My guess is it's Neteru.

Nenya awakens
15-10-10, 11:23
My guess is it's Neteru.

Yeah, I agree :)

cezy rockeru
15-10-10, 12:04
<It's cezy :wve:I don't know him,but I heard that he's a great person and he will be the next mod:):whi:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
15-10-10, 12:41

I love this kind of thing. I'd love to be a moderator, but a little nervous, to be truthfully honest. :O

Why is anyone nervous over who it will be? It's not like they're gonna come to your house and beat you up or something...

Lara Croft!
15-10-10, 12:52
Anubis, Neteru or myself. I will accept no one else!

remote91
15-10-10, 12:53
omg is it me?

thought so, fanx guise

ajrich17901
15-10-10, 12:54
My guess is it's Neteru.

That's what I'm hoping for.

lord gaga
15-10-10, 12:56
anubis, neteru . I will accept no one else!

fixed :D.

Liara
15-10-10, 13:59
*puts on poker visor* Place yer bets, place yer bets!

I'm betting on Lora, Dennis' Mom, Rai or the Sarge. I hope it's not a former mod, mostly because I want to terrorize-- uh, welcome some fresh meat. :whi:

Mikky
15-10-10, 14:14
Why is anyone nervous over who it will be? It's not like they're gonna come to your house and beat you up or something...

Yes, but what if it's someone you don't get along with? :pi:

I think it will be either Neteru or maybe Rai.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
15-10-10, 14:17

I'm betting on Lora, Dennis' Mom, Rai or the Sarge. I hope it's not a former mod, mostly because I want to terrorize-- uh, welcome some fresh meat. :whi:

I'm flattered, but it isn't me. Unless they announce new moderators without ever notifying them that they've been chosen (which would have some obvious drawbacks).

Yes, but what if it's someone you don't get along with? :pi:

I think it will be either Neteru or maybe Rai.

They still have to adhere to the forum T&C regardless of their personal experiences with a member.

cezy rockeru
15-10-10, 14:18
I told you,it's me,you don't have to guess anymore:vlol::whi:

Encore
15-10-10, 15:01

Are you sure about that? Maybe there's some sort of dark initiation rite.....
http://i55.************/2z8cagy.jpg

Catapharact
15-10-10, 15:06
My guess is it's Neteru.

Please oh please let it be him... Me wants him back!

Mr.Burns
15-10-10, 15:11
I'm flattered, but it isn't me. Unless they announce new moderators without ever notifying them that they've been chosen (which would have some obvious drawbacks).

Na, we let them know before hand. Give them time to fill out their last will and testament, make plans with the local psychiatric institution, things like that :p

Catapharact
15-10-10, 15:13
Na, we let them know before hand. Give them time to fill out their last will and testament, make plans with the local psychiatric institution, things like that :p

Who ever it is, just let them know right off the bat that I plan on riding the mod like a bronco in a Texas Rodeo...

Wait... That didn't come out right.

Liara
15-10-10, 15:20
^ What if it's a member you actually like? No point in annoying someone you get along with, right? Right...? *remembers who she's talking to* Nevermind.

Catapharact
15-10-10, 15:25
*remembers who she's talking to* Nevermind.

Damn skippy!

Nah! The mods know I don't annoy them on purpose. Some members on this forum however need to be talked TO rather then talked with inorder to make them see another prespective ;).

Encore
15-10-10, 15:26
Please oh please let it be him... Me wants him back!

Who ever it is, just let them know right off the bat that I plan on riding the mod like a bronco in a Texas Rodeo...

I think you need a cold shower.

Catapharact
15-10-10, 15:27

Definately.

daventry
15-10-10, 15:37
I wonder if a Thread should be made with Questions and i mean with True Answers without Corny or Joke comebacks.

That Thread could then be Stored for New Moderators in the Future.

It would also stop the Useless Threads on Who will it be or Why should you become one or i dont like you. ect ect ect.

Just because you are picked and some never liked you, Doesent mean we are all going to Die with this New Mod Abusing his Power and go on a Mod Spree.

tampi
15-10-10, 15:39
Catapharact aurea :p

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7338/40104312.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/i/40104312.jpg/)

Encore
15-10-10, 15:43
Just because you are picked and some never liked you, Doesent mean we are all going to Die with this New Mod Abusing his Power and go on a Mod Spree.

Lol, no, but then some of us would probably leave. :p

Mr.Burns
15-10-10, 15:50
Rocksteady, I've removed your post for inappropriate innuendo.

Rai
15-10-10, 16:58

I'm flattered that you thought of me, but unless they've asked me telepathically, then it isn't me. DM or Lora sound llike a good choice though.

Hmm, is a certain cat avatar a give away? A patriotic puuurson perhaps. I have no clue, I'm rubbish at guessing games :vlol:

CerebralAssassin
15-10-10, 17:04
Johnnay

ajrich17901
15-10-10, 17:05
Johnnay

Way to spoil it :p

Encore
15-10-10, 17:25
Hmm, is a certain cat avatar a give away? A patriotic puuurson perhaps. I have no clue, I'm rubbish at guessing games :vlol:

That would be a great choice, actually.

xcrushterx
15-10-10, 17:32
Definitely.
Fixed.

Dark Lugia 2
15-10-10, 17:42
If it was Net then it wouldnt be a 'new' moderator would it? I'm guessing the new mod will be a fresh face :D

Scurvy
15-10-10, 18:53
Make it a lucky dip :D
Oh how screwed up trforums would be :\

Alive_and_Funky
15-10-10, 19:02
Make it a lucky dip :D
Oh how screwed up trforums would be :\
Yeah, imagine what could happen:

*takes a dip*

And the new moderator is... Mad Tony!

robm_2007
15-10-10, 19:57
Yeah, imagine what could happen:

*takes a dip*

And the new moderator is... Mad Tony!

i can imagine he could make a good moderator; he just might be stricter than any mod before: like banning any Lady Gaga related conversations from ever taking place :p

Dennis's Mom does actually seem like a good choice. so, we have gathered that Rai nor Sarge arent the new Mods; i think we will get someone totally new.

maybe its a joke, and one of the Super Moderators will be demoted :pi:

not that they deserve to be, but it would be quite the twist :p

Cochrane
15-10-10, 21:00
How about someone who hasnít even registered yet? I don't think it would be a good idea, but it would definitely be new. :D

Eddie Haskell
15-10-10, 21:27
I trust their judgment. Whoever they select (and when/if that person subsequently accepts) will be a worthy addition to the moderation team. I expect that if no one they deem worthy accepts the role, than they will not lower the standards to simply fill a perceived void.

Agent 47
15-10-10, 21:38
i can imagine he could make a good moderator; he just might be stricter than any mod before: like banning any Lady Gaga related conversations from ever taking place :p

Mad Tony called me "a Red Tory destroying the party from the inside" :vlol:

but then...

Banning of all Gaga related material would be a price worth paying :p

Boy wonder it is then :D

Mad Tony
15-10-10, 21:49
Mad Tony called me "a Red Tory destroying the party from the inside" :vlol: That's what I called David Cameron, not you.

Encore
15-10-10, 23:19
How about someone who hasnít even registered yet? I don't think it would be a good idea, but it would definitely be new. :D

That could go amazingly well... or horribly wrong. D: But yeah it would be...... interesting. :pi:

Mad Tony
15-10-10, 23:21
If I had to bet on somebody becoming a mod I'd put my money on Cochrane.

Tony9595
16-10-10, 03:31
I'd love to see Love2Raid as our new moderator :)

I didn't know Neteru came back! I want him to be a mod again! :tmb:

t-raider26
16-10-10, 04:35
I'm thinking it may be Melonie. But she seems rather busy with work and whatnot so I'm not really sure :p

Lara Croft!
16-10-10, 12:22

You got me wrong as well. :D

[Xmas]
16-10-10, 12:24
I'm thinking it may be Melonie. But she seems rather busy with work and whatnot so I'm not really sure :pMelonie for the new moderator!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
16-10-10, 12:27
;4947579']Melonie for the new moderator!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

I doubt they'd pick someone with a legion of fans.

Tonyrobinson
16-10-10, 12:52
It's me! :)

No not really! :vlol:

snork
16-10-10, 13:34

Does Dennis' Mom not live like next door to you ? :pi:

BlueJ97
16-10-10, 13:38
this :pi:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
16-10-10, 14:52
Does Dennis' Mom not live like next door to you ? :pi:

Houston is over 600 square miles.;)

Love2Raid
16-10-10, 14:55

I didn't know Neteru came back! I want him to be a mod again! :tmb:

this :pi:
Lol, thanks but there are many members who deserve it more. :p

I don't really know what kind of person they are looking for, but I would consider Quasimodo, Alex Fly, Carbonek or MattTR. They have been here for some time and are respected members. Not sure if they would accept though.

FloTheMachine
16-10-10, 16:37
I don't understand how the mods are chosen though. Is there one for each forum. E.g. Titak for the LE. Or is it if you're a mod you can mod everywhere..?

Ward Dragon
16-10-10, 16:45
I don't understand how the mods are chosen though. Is there one for each forum. E.g. Titak for the LE. Or is it if you're a mod you can mod everywhere..?

It used to be that mods moderated specific sections, but awhile back we were all given modding powers in all sections. Moderators usually still stick to whichever sections they actively participate in, but if there's an emergency in another section whoever is online can take care of it :)

robm_2007
16-10-10, 19:34
I just know that is will probably be an awesome person. :p

kiss ass :pi:

I don't really know what kind of person they are looking for, but I would consider Carbonek

i can imagine he could become a mod someday. but i wonder what it would be like to have a spammer mod :pi:

:p, but he hasnt really been active latley, AFAIK, i think its cuz of his laptop technical issues or something.

lara_bond
16-10-10, 21:14
I have honestly no idea. Quasimodo? Or are they already a mod...

As long as they have a clean record(never been banned for anything too serious)...

Johnnay
16-10-10, 21:20
Johnnay

Ohhhhh, uhhhhhhhhh, um... thank you Jacob:hug::)

Encore
17-10-10, 01:31
I have honestly no idea. Quasimodo? Or are they already a mod...

As long as they have a clean record(never been banned for anything too serious)...

Quasi was banned once (that I remember). That just goes to show you that being banned says nothing about the person's qualities.

Gladous
17-10-10, 01:31
Well, we need like double the amount after this sudden burst of "madness." :pi:

Legend of Lara
17-10-10, 01:32
It will be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously! D:

Encore
17-10-10, 01:32
It will be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Introduce a little anarchy...... :D

Eddie Haskell
17-10-10, 01:35
Quasi was banned once (that I remember). That just goes to show you that being banned says nothing about the person's qualities.

Along that same line of reasoning, what does it say about the qualities of the person who has never been banned? Or for that matter someone who has been banned multiple times?

Encore
17-10-10, 01:37
Along that same line of reasoning, what does it say about the qualities of the person who has never been banned? Or for that matter someone who has been banned multiple times?

Nothing either, I think. :p
I still think Draco would make a good mod, and he was banned multiple times.

Banning depends a lot on the circumstances.

xcrushterx
17-10-10, 01:39
Nothing.

People who have never been banned have either never been put into a situation that would incite a reaction that would get them banned or are highly favoured by the moderators and can get away with more than others. With someone who has been banned multiple times, again it doesn't really say anything unless they're still getting banned regularly.

SkyPuppy
17-10-10, 01:39
^ i agree, but of course he's been permabanned. :/

Tony9595
17-10-10, 01:41
^ Who? Draco?! D:

Encore
17-10-10, 01:41
^ i agree, but of course he's been permabanned. :/

Seriously?! WTF??

xcrushterx
17-10-10, 01:42
Seriously?! WTF??
Yes, seriously :p

SkyPuppy
17-10-10, 01:43
yep, i'm serious... he was permabanned. :(

Nefertiti_89
17-10-10, 01:44
Yeah it was for being unpopular with the mods :pi:

I mean what? :whi:

James_Rutland
17-10-10, 01:45
I think Jo269976 and PyscosRus should be the new mods.

Encore
17-10-10, 01:45
Nice. That's really nice. So what about the person who kept getting into fights with him? Oh, that's right... He's a mod, he can't get banned.

I guess Draco never stood a chance.

Meanwhile the forum loses an intelligent and valuable contributer, simply for being "controversial". If the trend continues, soon TRF will be all about lolcat threads, Lady Gaga and pancakes.

Gladous
17-10-10, 01:46
^I think it's time for some TR9 new, eh?

I think Jo269976 and PyscosRus should be the new mods.

They would ban everyone except the people they are bashing just to have fun. :p

SkyPuppy
17-10-10, 01:48
Nice. That's really nice. So what about the person who kept getting into fights with him? Oh, that's right... He's a mod, he can't get banned.

Meanwhile the forum loses an intelligent and valuable contributer, simply for being "controversial". If the trend continues, soon TRF will be all about lolcat threads, Lady Gaga and pancakes.

might wanna watch what you say, since last time i mentioned a mod i got a PM saying "an advice". xD

seriously... geez.

Eddie Haskell
17-10-10, 01:48
Nothing.

People who have never been banned have either never been put into a situation that would incite a reaction that would get them banned or are highly favoured by the moderators and can get away with more than others. With someone who has been banned multiple times, again it doesn't really say anything unless they're still getting banned regularly.

Can anyone cite some examples of members and situations that mate with these circumstances that you have eluded to? I know that many are non-confrontational and "peaceful" and therefore unlikely to get into a situation that could lead to getting banned, but I would be interested to read the names of those considered "favored".

Love2Raid
17-10-10, 01:54
If what's going on right now is an indication for the future, I feel really bad for this new mod. :/

This place sucks more every day.

xcrushterx
17-10-10, 01:55
Can anyone cite some examples of members and situations that mate with these circumstances that you have eluded to? I know that many are non-confrontational and "peaceful" and therefore unlikely to get into a situation that could lead to getting banned, but I would be interested to read the names of those considered "favored".
I don't think a reference can be found for the first point, but I do believe everyone is capable of doing/saying something that would get them banned (at least once) given the correct situation/provocation.

As for the second, maybe 'highly favoured' is the wrong example, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't seen situations where one person says or does something another would or has been banned for.

Los Angeles
Los Angeles FTW!

Alpharaider47
Wow, so Draco's gone eh? That sucks, I rather enjoyed reading his posts and such. Might not have agreed with everything he said, but at least he made sense and could back up his arguments. A real shame he's gone...

voltz
17-10-10, 01:56
If the trend continues, soon TRF will be all about lolcat threads, Lady Gaga and pancakes.

You forgot Jack, "we're there already!" :yik:

Gladous
17-10-10, 02:01
If what's going on right now is an indication for the future, I feel really bad for this new mod. :/

This place sucks more every day.

I agree. Two people like them bring the whole place down. It's like Trolltopia all over again.

Ward Dragon
17-10-10, 02:03

Draco made an alternate account and was probably planning to participate in this porn-fest tonight if we hadn't caught him earlier. Don't defend him when you only have his side of it.

Encore
17-10-10, 02:06
Draco made an alternate account and was probably planning to participate in this porn-fest tonight if we hadn't caught him earlier. Don't defend him when you only have his side of it.

Fair enough, but you know exactly what drove him into behaving that way. I'm not saying I support him unconditionally, what you say is, indeed, completely immature - however, this "soap opera" has been going on for long enough for everyone to have a pretty clear image of it, and from my POV, only one of the responsible people is paying the price.

Ward Dragon
17-10-10, 02:08
Fair enough, but you know exactly what drove him into behaving that way. I'm not saying I support him unconditionally, what you say is, indeed, completely immature - however, this "soap opera" has been going on for long enough for everyone to have a pretty clear image of it, and from my POV, only one of the responsible people is paying the price.

He made the alternate account a month ago. We just didn't catch it until recently.

xcrushterx
17-10-10, 02:09
He made the alternate account a month ago. We just didn't catch it until recently.
Was the alternate account the reason he was banned?

Ward Dragon
17-10-10, 02:10
Was the alternate account the reason he was banned?

He was banned for attacking somebody, and then we found about the alternate account so now it's permanent.

Encore
17-10-10, 02:11
Like I said I'm not supporting what he did. And in fact I'm glad you've made it public because this is the only way to clear misunderstandings.

But Draco was harassed for way longer than just one month ago, that's for sure.

trlestew
17-10-10, 02:15
So, Draco is gone? Forever?
Why?

Tony9595
17-10-10, 02:17
Why don't you read the last posts?

Gladous
17-10-10, 02:18
So, Draco is gone? Forever?
Why?

He made an alternative account and then he harassed too many people.

Alpharaider47
17-10-10, 02:30
Like I said I'm not supporting what he did. And in fact I'm glad you've made it public because this is the only way to clear misunderstandings.

But Draco was harassed for way longer than just one month ago, that's for sure.

I respect what's been done, but I gotta agree with Encore here :o

voltz
17-10-10, 02:32
Guess you're gonna have to find out what other boards he posts on. :pi:

Punaxe
17-10-10, 13:32
He was banned for attacking somebody, and then we found about the alternate account so now it's permanent.

I talk to Draco from time to time, and unless he was lying the ban was already permanent before the alternate account was found.

I realize his behaviour wasn't exemplary, but I think we all know where that was coming from and banning him was far from a mature way of handling the situation (which, as far as I know, Draco at least tried to do). It seems that for some reason, he was walking on eggshells the same way as others on here walk on stone. Sure, we probably don't know the whole situation, but nothing has been done to take away the suspicions that are staring us all in the face, which, the way I see it, Draco was attempting to point out.

I was actually looking forward to his presence in a thread I was planning to start...

Encore
17-10-10, 18:01
I was actually looking forward to his presence in a thread I was planning to start...

Better play it safe and make a thread about a cat video or "what would you do if you had a time machine".