PDA

View Full Version : 3 year anniversary of Toše Proeski's death (1981-2007)

Anubis_AF
16-10-10, 14:10
3 years ago...

October 16, 2007

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4862/tose5.jpg
Macedonian pop star Tose Proeski, a hugely popular singer in the Balkans, has died in a car crash in Croatia.
Proeski sang for Macedonia in the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest and won many awards in former Yugoslavia.
Police said the 26-year-old's car was in a collision with a lorry on a motorway near the eastern Croatian town of Nova Gradiska.
"We all have been blessed with such a great singer and with his immense soul filled with love," Macedonian President Branko Crvenkovski said.
"Macedonia and the Balkans lost an angel," said the head of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, Archbishop Stefan.
Two other people in Proeski's car were injured.

Proeski started his career aged 15, releasing his first album at 18.

BBC NEWS SOURCE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7046808.stm).

sgU2p9Rv3tI

One of his English songs:
zKRrADJ7j3E

And of course, one of his best Macedonian ones (recommended):
LKRaXPYSzKY

He was famous for his charity work. He had the voice of an angel. We lost an angel that day. Rest in peace Tose :(

Squibbly
16-10-10, 14:44
I have not heard of him before this thread, but that is very sad. :(

Rest in peace, Tose.

I just listened to the music you posted. He had a lovely voice.

I, Tomb Raider
16-10-10, 14:50
Oh, jeez. :(
It seems like it was yesterday when we heard the horrible news. :/

Rest in piece Tose, you will be missed forever.

Legend 4ever
16-10-10, 14:58
RIP Tose. We all cried in my HS three years ago. He was such a sweet person, so humble and nice and what a talent he had. I thought I could never listen to his songs again when he died, but thankfully I do and he left such a great legacy.

I, Tomb Raider
16-10-10, 15:08
Oh, and also - one of my favorites Громови на душа. And that is the best cover on Зајди, зајди. :tmb:

WM0-38OEYtQ

Anubis_AF
16-10-10, 15:24
I thought I could never listen to his songs again when he died, but thankfully I do and he left such a great legacy.
100%.

It's very depressing. He's the only one who died in that car crash. I remember receiving an SMS from a friend at 5AM, and it went something like; Tose always in our hearts... I ignored it. Couldn't even imagine something like this could have happened. And then later that day I found out...

I have not heard of him before this thread, but that is very sad. :(

Rest in peace, Tose.

I just listened to the music you posted. He had a lovely voice.
Thanks for taking a minute of your time to hear the songs :hug:

I love this one :tmb:
kk6AMWlip_0