PDA

View Full Version : GameTap Slashes Tomb Raider content

CrisGer
17-10-10, 16:16
Sadly the new owners of GameTap seem determined to make it just another download content store...they have axed a ton of great games claiming that they were too hard to update for their new 64 bit compatable system format...they had promised for months to keep the existing library just update them but first support dwindled to none almost...and now the axe fell with only a few days notice and they dropped three of the TR games that had been part of a very nice library of the TR titles. sigh. ah well.

it is much much better to own and play one's own copies of the TR games for many reasons. but i was sad to see this wider support gone.

trlestew
17-10-10, 16:17
I say GameTap died a few years ago, so I could care less. Their new improvements just made everything worse.

God Horus
17-10-10, 16:19
GameTap is horrible, they have terrible customer assistance, I downloaded many games and played them and they literally disappeared off of my computer and they were no help at all.

MattTR
17-10-10, 16:19
I never had an experience with GameTap, but phasing out Tomb Raider games is always a saddening moment. :(

[Xmas]
17-10-10, 16:20
GameTap is horrible, they have terrible customer assistance, I downloaded many games and played them and they literally disappeared off of my computer and they were no help at all.Really!? :eek: I mean... That sounds a way too horrible to be true...:(

lord gaga
17-10-10, 16:22
Yes^ how horrid!

trlestew
17-10-10, 16:24
They should just stop with their service now :|

MattTR
17-10-10, 16:27
They should just stop with their service now :|

I agree, no Tomb Raider = fail, an epic one at that! :ohn:

trlestew
17-10-10, 16:28
Not just TR. Everything about it. IF you've used GameTap in the last 2 years you would know that their service is absolute crap.

TR FAN 18
17-10-10, 16:56
The only time I used GameTap was when they had Psychonauts for free. Now I never use it.
Also, making me have to sit through a crappy advert just to play a game is very ANNOYING! :hea:

God Horus
17-10-10, 17:07
;4949902']Really!? :eek: I mean... That sounds a way too horrible to be true...:(

Yes, I downloaded TRL for free because they had an offer but other games as well, the download took ages, they made me do something to my HDD too, and then I downloaded and played games and I exited the game, and when I went back into GameTap to launch the game, the only thing that was there was "Download" / "Buy" and not "Play", I posted on their forum and emailed customer support, both were very, very unhelpful, so I decided not to deal with GameTap.

Not to mention GameTap milk every new title they get a hold of, when they finally got Tomb Raider they milked the hell out of it, and they do this to EVERY title.