PDA

View Full Version : Please welcome your second new Moderator...

tlr online
18-10-10, 11:01
jaywalker :wve:

I've known Jason for a long time and I trust his judgment. Moderation collectively endorsed my request and I'm very pleased to welcome him aboard.

Your_Envy*
18-10-10, 11:02
Amazing, congratulations! :hug: :jmp:

jaywalker
18-10-10, 11:03
:wve: yay.. oh wait :) yay me :)

touchthesky
18-10-10, 11:04
I thought it might be Jay

bloodstormaoa
18-10-10, 11:06
Congrats. :)

Paddy
18-10-10, 11:06
Congrats Jay :)

LightningRider
18-10-10, 11:07
Congratulations Jay.

I really was expecting this since Jay is a fair person. :p

dizzydoil
Wayaya. I always looked up to him as a moderator anyway. So that's awesome. I guess I'll say 'bout time too- well deserved. :D

jaywalker
Congratulations Jay.

*saves that quote to the archives* :)

Rai
18-10-10, 11:09
I thought he already was one :vlol:

Congratulations Jay! :D

Ikas90
18-10-10, 11:09
Congrats Jay! :D You'll do fine. :)

SkyPuppy
18-10-10, 11:12
you're kidding me, right? :/

Rai
18-10-10, 11:15

Why? What's up?

ShadyCroft
18-10-10, 11:15
I KNEW IT !!! :yah: I was rooting for you anyways, and I actually thought you were a mod :D
Congrats man ! :tmb: You'll do a great job !

SkyPuppy
18-10-10, 11:16
Why? What's up?

i have my reasons...

daventry
18-10-10, 11:19
Incredible :jmp::jmp:I've known Jason for a long time and I trust his judgment. Moderation collectively endorsed my request and I'm very pleased to welcome him aboard.What about Keir and how long have you known Him. :confused:

SkyPuppy
18-10-10, 11:22
Keir isn't really active, but i sure as hell would rather have him as a mod.

bloodstormaoa
18-10-10, 11:22
Actually, shouldn't you be more concerned with bringing us TR9 Jay? :mis:

And does this mean that this was solely your idea/appointment Justin and the other moderators amicably agreed? :p

Keir_Eidos
18-10-10, 11:23
Congrats Jay!

Congratulations Jay.

This :)

Incredible :jmp::jmp:What about Keir and how long have you known Him. :confused:

We've known each other for centuries, but Jay will make a better mod than me :)

daventry
18-10-10, 11:25
Are you that Bad as a Mod on the Eidos Board Keir for Not getting the Oppertunity to be one here. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0016.gif Just Kidding :hug:

EscondeR
18-10-10, 11:26
Congratz Jason :)

jaywalker
18-10-10, 11:27

Are you that Bad as a Mod on the Eidos Board. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0016.gif Just Kidding :hug:

well its to nice get almost universal welcomes/congrats. :) i am here often enough for sure.. i've been on here over 7 years now, and actually post on here more then i do on our own forums (which i am a mod on yes).

jackali
Congratulations Jay! :tmb:

But now if something goes wrong on the forums it'll all be your fault too... ;)

Vinkula
Congratzzzz!

jaywalker
18-10-10, 11:28
Congratulations Jay! :tmb:

But now if something goes wrong on the forums it'll all be your fault too... ;)

it always was remember ;)

jackali
18-10-10, 11:28
^ True... but now there's an additional reason!
Regardless, I think this is a good decision.

ajrich17901
18-10-10, 11:30
I'm actually very happy to hear this, congrats Jay!

Johnnay
18-10-10, 11:30
Awwwww Congrats Jay

Im sure you'll make a great mod:D

EscondeR
18-10-10, 11:34
well its to nice get almost universal welcomes/congrats. :) i am here often enough for sure.. i've been on here over 7 years now, and actually post on here more then i do on our own forums (which i am a mod on yes).

Stacking forums via Jason, eh? :mis:

:D

Dennis's Mom
18-10-10, 11:50
Congrats, Jay.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

amore-guy
18-10-10, 11:52
Congratulations Jay:hug::D:tmb:

Andyroo
18-10-10, 11:52
Congrats to both of you new mods :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
18-10-10, 11:54
Having met Jay in real life, I can honestly say that he is the right person for the job. :)

Actually surprised it took so long for it to happen.
Congrats Jay! :tmb:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-10-10, 12:31
So will the title stay as "Eidos plc"?

Another Lara
18-10-10, 12:33
Congrats sweety! :hug:

I'm so proud of you lol! :D

jaywalker
18-10-10, 12:33
Having met Jay in real life, I can honestly say that he is the right person for the job. :)

Actually surprised it took so long for it to happen.

Congrats sweety! :hug:

I'm so proud of you lol! :D

Seems not everyone happy with me helping around the place, not sure why, people seem to think just cos i work here means anything `anti square/eidos` is gonna be instant edit/delete by me, i can assure you thats definitely not going to be the case.. if i wasnt able to take criticism or anger/scepticism aimed towards where i work i wouldnt have lasted here 13 years..

I did wonder if that shouldnt say Square now actually :)

EscondeR
18-10-10, 12:37

It has mutated already :p

Another Lara
18-10-10, 12:38
Seems not everyone happy with me helping around the place, not sure why, people seem to think just cos i work here means anything `anti square/eidos` is gonna be instant edit/delete by me, i can assure you thats definitely not going to be the case.. if i wasnt able to take criticism or anger/scepticism aimed towards where i work i wouldnt have lasted here 13 years..

That's clearly coming from people who only know you for working at Eidos and not for the Tomb Raider fan that you are! Maybe if they communicated more with you, they wouldn't feel so threatened by it! :confused:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-10-10, 12:38
It has mutated already :p

2 minutes ago it still said Eidos PLC... Unless I'm losing it.

I did wonder if that shouldnt say Square now actually :)

Oh, it just changed. As a moderator, do you have the power to change your own title?

jaywalker
18-10-10, 12:42
2 minutes ago it still said Eidos PLC... Unless I'm losing it.

Oh, it just changed. As a moderator, do you have the power to change your own title?

ooh i dunno :) *goes to look*

That's clearly coming from people who only know you for working at Eidos and not for the Tomb Raider fan that you are! Maybe if they communicated more with you, they wouldn't feel so threatened by it! :confused:

well would say u technically a bigger fan then me ;) i just the lucky git who works here :)

i aint fussed on other peoples opinions of me. :) if they misunderstand my position etc then its not due to me miscommunicating it :)

Your_Envy*
18-10-10, 12:53
I don't get it, why are some people not happy with this? I never really talked with you but you seem very nice and fair and you always have something good to say. I am really happy you're our new mod, even though I thought (because of the title :o) you already have some powers. :vlol: But I was wrong. :p Good luck! :D

Pietras
18-10-10, 13:17
Mod edit: Oversized GIF removed.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4764447&postcount=1

This is gonna be fun! :)

daventry
18-10-10, 13:23
I am Very Happy Jay is a Mod. :hug:

Next Up Keir. :p

Pietras
18-10-10, 13:23
lul no

Soul
18-10-10, 13:30
I don't get it, why are some people not happy with this? I never really talked with you but you seem very nice and fair and you always have something good to say. I am really happy you're our new mod, even though I thought (because of the title :o) you already have some powers. :vlol: But I was wrong. :p Good luck! :D

This!

Congratulations!

Love2Raid
18-10-10, 13:33
Congrats Jaywalker! :)

I understand why some people are reacting like they did, because many members find this forums independency from Eidos/Square very important. But when the admin and all moderators have agreed, then Im sure there is nothing to worry about lol. :o

I think he is more of a member (a kind and loyal one) who happens to work at Eidos, instead of an Eidos employee who is also a member.

Im sure you will do great Jay! :tmb:

drakl0r
18-10-10, 13:34
Congrats jaywalker! :D :tmb:

Though I never really chat with you but I think you'll make a good one :D

Another Lara
18-10-10, 13:35

I understand why some people are reacting like they did, because many members find this forums independency from Eidos/Square very important. But when the admin and all moderators have agreed, then Im sure there is nothing to worry about lol. :o

I think he is more of a member (a kind and loyal one) who happens to work at Eidos, instead of an Eidos employee who is also a member.

Exactly!

Such a shame a lot of people don't see this though, they just see Eidos and then instantly see red and imagine there's a load of corruption going on! :(

xb4b1x
18-10-10, 13:46

+1 :tmb:

Eddie Haskell
18-10-10, 14:01
Exactly!

Such a shame a lot of people don't see this though, they just see Eidos and then instantly see red and imagine there's a load of corruption going on! :(

I trust the judgment of this decision. The hierarchy have obviously thought it through and concluded that it would work, and still maintain the necessary independent viewpoint and intellectual discourse of this place.

It could however place him (and the forum) in an awkward position. His interactions and moderating actions will be scrutinized and evaluated by some of the members differently than they would the other mods, and rightfully so. He has an economic interest in the success of the brand, and there is no getting around that. Not to mention that the product is his work, and one must take pride in that regardless of what others may think or feel.

But as for me, I wish him the best. He has given me no reason to doubt his sincerity and integrity. Congratulations! :)

Alex Shepherd
18-10-10, 14:14
Congrats... ;)

jamieoliver22
18-10-10, 14:17

I agree. I have also met Jay in person, I can also say that he is the soundest guy you could ever know. People shouldn't be worried, because that is just silly. I wish him all the best, and congrats! :D

Poker15
18-10-10, 14:19
Wasn't he a eidos thingy thingy?
Anyways congrats!

jaywalker
18-10-10, 14:21
I trust the judgment of this decision. The hierarchy have obviously thought it through and concluded that it would work, and still maintain the necessary independent viewpoint and intellectual discourse of this place.

It could however place him (and the forum) in an awkward position. His interactions and moderating actions will be scrutinized and evaluated by some of the members differently than they would the other mods, and rightfully so. He has an economic interest in the success of the brand, and there is no getting around that. Not to mention that the product is his work, and one must take pride in that regardless of what others may think or feel.

But as for me, I wish him the best. He has given me no reason to doubt his sincerity and integrity. Congratulations! :)

i totally understand your viewpoint and as i've said many times before i do hope people actually do see me more as a person then just an Eidos `employee`. i've been on this forum since AOD when i took the flack then for the title and answered questions where and when i could, and i've never left since.. even during quiet times and pre release pandemonium i've remained.

I know i will be scrutinised closely, but thats for me to worry about ensuring i dont do anything dumb/stupid/outragous/unfair isnt it? :) i hope i am judged on my actions and not on peoples assumptions :)

Lara's Nemesis
18-10-10, 14:25
Good luck jaywalker. :tmb:

Alpharaider47
18-10-10, 14:25
Congrats! It's good to have another mod on board and I'm sure you'll do just fine :D

Nemo_91
18-10-10, 14:56
Yay, congrats!

interstellardave
18-10-10, 14:57
Congratulations, Jaywalker... you've got your work cut out for you, though, especially if that online patch for GOL doesn't come ASAP! :p

Underworld2008
18-10-10, 15:05
I thought he already was one :vlol:

Congratulations Jay! :D

LOL SAME.

Congratz anyway :)

snork
18-10-10, 15:09

Exactly!

Probably they never had a chance to know this.
It did say eidos_plc under the username, open to misinterpretations.

I think to long ago have understood Jay is here as a private person, not some Eidos representative, but that was most probably by accident that I learned so.

Maybe moderators could have a topic where they introduce themselves a bit ? What about the TRF magazine, is it still in the works ? Then maybe that would be a good place to have some small interview with Jay and Dennis' mom ?

Anyways, I think jaywalker will do fine as moderator. :tmb:
My only concern is that in any Eidos-TRF-conspiracy confusion he will be the one suffering / unjustly attacked.

I am Very Happy Jay is a Mod. :hug:

I think Keir is here as an Eidos representative (?), if so then absolutely NO!, please.

bloodstormaoa
18-10-10, 15:15
From what I've read, only one person has expressed some sort of dissatisfaction with the decision so I really don't understand why everyone is getting their backs up. :vlol:

lara c. fan
18-10-10, 15:20
As I said in the other thread, I will be reserving my judgement for a while. Not everyone stays the same when given more power...

Congrats all the same.

robbie_rawr
18-10-10, 15:24
Why is it only people I don't know make mod :p but well done Jay :D

jaywalker
18-10-10, 15:25
Why is it only people I don't know make mod :p but well done Jay :D

its the anti-urban-legend theory aint it.. with those everyone always knows SOMEONE that has had them happen to them ;)

Nenya awakens
18-10-10, 15:37
Congrats Jay :hug:

Catapharact
18-10-10, 15:40
Ah my choice was considered and chosen :D. Very nice!

Remember Jay... You promised to be tough... Like Rambo tough.

Antonio
18-10-10, 15:42
Congratulations! :tmb:

dizzydoil
I miss your "Eidos plc" title, made you that extra special. :pi:

jaywalker
Remember Jay... You promised to be tough... Like Rambo tough.

Did i have a manifesto? ;)

I miss your "Eidos plc" title, made you that extra special. :pi:

Me too :( *sniff*

Legend of Lara
18-10-10, 15:43
Another good choice. Congratulations, Jay!

lararoxs
18-10-10, 15:46

An other wise choice made, however I'd be a bit miffed about losing the 'Eidos Plc' title! :p

the ancient
18-10-10, 17:26
congrats :D

herothing
18-10-10, 17:41
Congrats! :)

:}hello friend
18-10-10, 18:08
Yay for Jay! The only thig I think you need to improve on is your grammar. But I think you'll make a great mod, nonetheless. :)

peeves
18-10-10, 18:33
Well done Jaywalker. Hope you have a nice time as mod.

MattTR
18-10-10, 18:39
Awesome! The perfect man for the job. :tmb:

Congratulations, Jay! I hope you save the day! Yes I did mean for that to rhyme. :whi: :D

Alive_and_Funky
18-10-10, 18:45
Booooo!

Just kidding! I think you'll make a great mod. :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-10-10, 18:50
haha why have we not thought of this before? :vlol: Woop! :D Congrats, Jay!! :yah:

Legend 4ever
18-10-10, 18:55
Wow, I really like this choice. Congrats Jay.:)

Lizard of Oz
18-10-10, 23:50
I knew it! Congratz Jay! :)

robm_2007
19-10-10, 00:04
what a good choice!

with an []Enix/Eidos employee as a mod, our ideas should be more likely to get heard; if he is on here enough to read though all the posts in search for spam. :D

Lara Croft!
19-10-10, 01:42
Congratulations J!!! :)

CiaKonwerski
19-10-10, 02:48
I always though that JayWalker was always a Moderator lol. Congratulations Jay. :D

BoyTRaider
19-10-10, 02:52
Congrats Jay! :)

Lol Kinda expected this one. :)

tonyme
19-10-10, 07:49
Congrats!:)

jaywalker
19-10-10, 08:03
what a good choice!

with an []Enix/Eidos employee as a mod, our ideas should be more likely to get heard; if he is on here enough to read though all the posts in search for spam. :D

Thats a lot to read thru ;)

I always pass on comments to Keir and co as a habit anyways..

Mikky
19-10-10, 11:47
That was totally unexpected, but it's a very good choice. Jay's nice guy. :)

Alex Fly
19-10-10, 17:30
Wow !!! Congratulations for your promotion Jay ! :hug:

Kelly Craftman
19-10-10, 18:06
Congrats Jay, Im sure you'll make a wonderful mod.

Even though I thought you were on already :p

aussie500
20-10-10, 01:51
Congratulations on becoming a moderator jaywalker, nice to see a long term TRF member and Tomb Raider fan join the team. :hug:

rowanlim
20-10-10, 02:15
Congratulations Jay! Good luck on your new job! :tmb: :D

IceColdLaraCroft
20-10-10, 02:35
:evil laugh:

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!

Itty bitty living space

Avalon SARL
20-10-10, 04:19
:D
Welcome
Man, I always thought you were a mod :p
Congrats

Lara_Fan_33
20-10-10, 04:27
Wow another great choice :tmb: congratulations on being a mod Jay :hug: hopefully forum life starts looking up now :)