PDA

View Full Version : American Politics

Vickkyyy
19-10-10, 17:36
Hey guys! I normally wouldn't ask for any help but we're seriously struggling because we're Canadian and not American.
We have to do a news cast on American politics and we havn't got a clue what to write about.
Could someone please tell us whats going on with American politics or the government? Any good news that we would be able to talk about for 30 minutes. And if you do, could you post a link to the article, or to your source. Or any website that will help us. PLEASE GUYS!

Johnnay
19-10-10, 17:38
Mid Term Elections right now in America

That's all:)

Vickkyyy
19-10-10, 17:42
^
care you elaborate?
I don't even know what that is.

:}hello friend
19-10-10, 17:45
I live in America, and I have no idea what else is being elected, other than a new senator. Which happens to be from my state, Kentucky.

Johnnay
19-10-10, 17:46
This

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2010

Ward Dragon
19-10-10, 18:07
Yup, what Johnnay said :) There are elections coming up for Congress (both the House of Representatives and the Senate). As of right now, the Democrats control both houses of Congress. However there's a lot of unhappiness about how the government has been behaving the past few years, so it's possible that Republicans could gain enough seats to take control of Congress. If that happens, it means that the government will likely be deadlocked for two years because Congress wouldn't want to pass any more of Obama's legislation and he'd likely veto anything that they would pass.

Edit: Johnnay already put an article for the Senate election, so here's one for the House of Representatives :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_ 2010

Wikipedia isn't considered a reputable source for projects, but you can look at what sources are referred to on the Wiki article and pick the ones that look trustworthy :)

voltz
19-10-10, 22:59
There's a good deal of half-truths and misinformation due to both parties fighting for "their" political agenda, so take every article with a grain of salt.