PDA

View Full Version : What Are Some Obsessions and Near-Obsessions That You Used to Have?

Duchess
23-10-10, 04:23
What are some obsessions and near-obsessions that you used to have? Some of mine would be:

- The Sims games

- Space Channel 5 games

- Taking my pulse (due to a traumatic hospital experience)

- Food and cuisine (including cooking and baking)

- Nutrition

- Alice in Wonderland (though this may have been more of a fascination)

- Disney movies and other Disney things

How about you? :D

scoopy_loopy
23-10-10, 04:41
I was OBSESSED with Captain Planet when I was about five.

Since then, nothing :p

t-raider26
23-10-10, 05:48
I've had TONS :pi:

In no particular order:

Spice Girls
Spongebob
CSI (tv show)
Titanic (movie, and actual ship)
Alias
Tomb Raider

To name a few... :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-10-10, 05:56
Tomb Raider :whi:

lord gaga
23-10-10, 06:00
^:tmb:
Also when i was young it was scooby doo:D

Killercowz
23-10-10, 06:17
Fans

Helicopters

Buses

The Spice Girls.

Tomb Raider (well of course) :p

Stairs

Spongebob (It's still my favorite show). :D

Jump Suits.

Planes.

Boats

The Rugrats

And these really old pair of 1970's shoes my mom had. :p

Minimus
23-10-10, 10:57
2007 - 2008 Sailor Moon
2008 - late 2009: Tomb Raider
Late 2009 - now: Lady GaGa [current obsession]

TombOfRaiders
23-10-10, 11:10
1996-2001 = Tomb Raider Series
2006-present = Drum 'n' Bass music
1995-present = Final Fantasy Series
2008-present = Devil May Cry Series
2002-2008 = Martial Arts
2009-2010 = Dubstep music

Mikky
23-10-10, 11:10
2007 - 2008 Sailor Moon
2008 - late 2009: Tomb Raider
Late 2009 - now: Lady GaGa [current obsession]

Wow, that's freaky. All of these (yes, including Sailor Moon :D) except I'm still addicted to them. :p Oh! And tigers, of course! :D

I used to be addicted to Final Fantasy in the past, but not so much anymore. I still like the games, just not as much as TR. :ton:

TombOfRaiders
23-10-10, 11:12
Wow, that's freaky. All of these (yes, including Sailor Moon :D) except I'm still addicted to them. :p Oh! And tigers, of course! :D

I used to be addicted to Final Fantasy in the past, but not so much anymore. I still like the games, just not as much as TR. :ton:

Get Out.

Final Fantasy chews up TR and spits it out the window.

lol I'm kidding. :D

Mikky
23-10-10, 11:22
Get Out.

Final Fantasy chews up TR and spits it out the window.

lol I'm kidding. :D

You better be. :mis:

I agree that FF games are better than TR in so many ways (FF14 certianly isn't, though. I would like to spit that out of a window), but there's something that TR has that FF will never have: Lara Croft! :D

CerebralAssassin
23-10-10, 11:24
"obsession" is such a bad word....I like to call em my hobbies:p

xXhayleyroxXx
23-10-10, 11:36
Fans

What kind of fans? :pi:

Encore
24-10-10, 00:16
Well, when I was a kid there was a period where I was obsessed with Dragon Ball Z, I'd even skip school to watch it. But that was more of a fad, really, as every other kid my age was the same!

Tomb Raider (of course) was also one, when I played it for the first years, with TR3, then TRs 2 and 1. I still think of those days with some nostalgia. :(

In my teens I had another period where I was obsessed with The Clash and anything to do with them. They're still my favourite band.

Right now, I'd say my biggest obsession is probably Bioshock. I'm constantly replaying the games, and when I'm not, I'm writing about them, or even painting. It's crazy.

And finally, football. I've watched it since I was a kid, and it comes and goes in different degrees of interest, but the passion is always there. Right now my football obsession is Real Madrid. :p

Los Angeles
24-10-10, 00:17
Food (Nutrition)
TRF
Level Building

Chocola teapot
24-10-10, 00:20
Previous obsessions include:

Pokemon, Spyro, Tomb Raider...

Elbows, Bimbos, Mariah Carey ect.

OH and Butterflies.

I also have many current obsessions.

Cochrane
24-10-10, 00:20
Right now, mainly railroads.

SkyPuppy
24-10-10, 00:24
Pokemon, Spyro, Tomb Raider...

Elbows, Bimbos, Mariah Carey.

what's the difference between those two?

mine were:

Persona 3
Pokemon
Case Closed
Durarara
Tomb Raider
Legend of Dragoon
Resident Evil:Outbreak
Cindy Lennox
Xbox 360

larafan25
24-10-10, 00:26
Tomb Raider now.

I used to be obbsessed with mermaids.

aussie500
24-10-10, 00:33
Obsessed with reading Janny Wurts's Wars of Light and Shadow books. Not usually an obsession prone person, not obsessed with any of her other books, but something about that series just caught my imagination and will not let go! Fortunately early next year the next book comes out, otherwise I would wear these ones out before getting the next instalment.

Alpharaider47
24-10-10, 00:51
Gamewise I've been obsessed with Uncharted and Uncharted 2 lately :p I haven't had as much fun with a game(series) in a long time, maybe since I was heavy into Tomb Raider.
Chloe Frazer :pi:
I'm also an avid fan of TV shows House and Castle :p Never miss an episode :o

Then in the book world I'm a huge fan of Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series, I have just about every book(and there's quite a few :o) and I've read them all more than a few times.

Stepping into the realm of food, if you serve me Fettuccine Alfredo there will be none left when I'm finished :p

Tony9595
24-10-10, 00:55
1996-2001 = Tomb Raider Series

It's the first time I hear of a baby obsessed with TR :eek:

Alpharaider47
24-10-10, 00:57

It's best to start young ;)

snork
24-10-10, 02:46
Good catch. :D

----------------

A while I had been reading really too much.

Now the only "obsession" is probably TR usermade games.

:}hello friend
24-10-10, 03:14
Crash Bandicoot/Spyro- 1997-2000, 2009
Tomb Raider- 1998-2000, 2005, 2009
Gran Turismo- 1998-2006
Celine Dion 1998-2004
Soulcalibur- 2003-current
Kelly Clarkson- 2003-2005
Kingdom Hearts- 2008-2010
Lady GaGa- 2008-forever
BlazBlue(Rachel/Jin)- 2010-current

Evan C.
24-10-10, 03:18
I couldn't sleep if I didn't checked the lights of my house,drink water and finally pee.If I do something between those things,I must restart everything because otherwise I can't sleep.

ECB
24-10-10, 04:57
Past:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (past and present)
Titanic (movie and ship)
Mermaids
Horror Movies
Marie Antoinette
Grindhouse
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Vampires (past and present)
Bond Movies
Veronica Mars

Present:

Gossip Girl
Scream Series
Vampires
True Blood
Friends (Show)
Music
30 Rock
Blake Lively

Sgt BOMBULOUS
24-10-10, 05:07
Well, when I was a kid there was a period where I was obsessed with Dragon Ball Z, I'd even skip school to watch it. But that was more of a fad, really, as every other kid my age was the same!

Tomb Raider (of course) was also one, when I played it for the first years, with TR3, then TRs 2 and 1. I still think of those days with some nostalgia. :(

In my teens I had another period where I was obsessed with The Clash and anything to do with them. They're still my favourite band.

Right now, I'd say my biggest obsession is probably Bioshock. I'm constantly replaying the games, and when I'm not, I'm writing about them, or even painting. It's crazy.

And finally, football. I've watched it since I was a kid, and it comes and goes in different degrees of interest, but the passion is always there. Right now my football obsession is Real Madrid. :p

You know the way they'd drone on and on about "THE DRAGONBALLZ(!!!)" left it hard for me to take seriously...

Heh... He grew out of it when he turned 5 though.

cezy rockeru
24-10-10, 09:01
•I was in love with TR3 Lara:vlol:
•Scubi Du
•Mickey Mouse[:pi:]
•Green[and I still have this obsession:whi:]

etc etc

Chocola teapot
24-10-10, 09:09
what's the difference between those two?

Mimi's clearly a FIERCE Bimbo.

Different category.

aidanmalone
24-10-10, 13:35
I always have to have some sort of music playing :)
It helps me concentrate and keeps me entertained and out of a bad mood

CerebralAssassin
24-10-10, 14:10

that's such a rarity for a woman.:p

I used to be be obsessed with soccer too...but grew out of it.sometimes I even hate it now:p

Beans-Bot
24-10-10, 15:22
I pretty much listened to Country music exclusively until like 6th grade. :vlol: I still loves me some Shania Twain every now and then, dou. :p But the modern Country scene sucks; Taylor Swift can [nonsensical string of violent explicitives] for all I care. :pi: Then I listen to R&B (Ciara lol), then Punk/Emo, then now I'm kinda torn between Pop and Alt Rock. I got wholly obsessed with Madonna in 10th grade when 4 Minutes came out [I always assumed she had made a few hits in the 80s but had been gone from music for the most part :o]; Gaga was soon to follow.

As for non-music, I've been obsessed with TR and The Sims since middle school. The former [TR4 specifically] gave me an interest in ancient history, which I still pursue avidly, especially ancient Egyptian mythology. ;)

Encore
24-10-10, 17:59
that's such a rarity for a woman.:p

Yeah I know, and I can be worst than guys when I'm watching a game, like screaming at the TV and whatnot. :vlol:

TombOfRaiders
25-10-10, 17:03

Yes, my mother said she got me into it when I was around one year old. :o Weird, but what harm could it do? At least, I can say I've grown up around it. :p

It's best to start young ;)

Haha!

Aranara
25-10-10, 17:05
I used to have a huge obsession on remote controlled helicopters and cars...And Pokemon. xD