PDA

View Full Version : Which Crystal Dynamics game do you like the most?

Mytly
26-10-10, 19:23
Which Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider / Lara Croft game do you like the most?

Poll requested by Cristina.

peeves
26-10-10, 19:26
Anniversary FTW! :D

Legend i hate the most because it's too goddamn short, also easy, boring, and the plot about lara's mother sucks and i don't like amanda and the newer characters especially not the new Zip and alister.

Anniversary was ok and despite having some missing rooms from the original it's still my only Crystal TR game i like and the atmosphere is good in certain levels. I'm glad that lara didn't complain about her mother that much and thankfully Z & A headset ain't in this either.

Underworld was terrible not as bad as legend though and they bring back the stupid lame mother plot and too short easy and boring what a pointless game The PS3 version was bad enough as it is but the PS2 was the worst version yet. Ugh!

Guardian of Light i Never played but i can tell you it sucks ass because of that stupid totec xoloti crap like it's some type of japanese TR and it's too too different from the previous games especially the classics and has some crappy features like enemies in crappy levels. And yes i saw the walkthrough on youtube. It's just as bad as legend maybe worse and it's like the PS2 version of underworld.

Dark Lugia 2
26-10-10, 19:26
Guardian of Light

Phlip
26-10-10, 19:27
Anniversary, even if half of it isn't theirs.

TombOfRaiders
26-10-10, 19:27
Tomb Raider Anniversary. :)

marla_biggs
26-10-10, 19:28
I have great memories of Legend.

Lost_Soul
26-10-10, 19:30
Well, none. But the one that sucks least is probably Underworld. Anniversary WOULD be a good game if Lara wasn't such a whiny ***** all the time. Whaaa mommy, whaaa I killed someone! Word of advice Lara, if you don't want to kill, buy a taser.

SkyPuppy
26-10-10, 19:34
Tomb Raider Legend. <3

Shark_Blade
26-10-10, 19:34
TRA. The shooting was perfect there, until they crippled the mechanism again in TRU.

jackali
26-10-10, 19:35
Penguins.

Dina_Croft
26-10-10, 19:35
Tomb Raider Legend

Oh Zip and Alister <3

daventry
26-10-10, 19:38
None of them - I prefer Penguins: Never thought i would Actually use the Penguin Option, even though i Hate it from Every Poll it has No Relation to the Subject. :p

Ok, the Games were Fun and Entertaining like Watching and Playing a Movie.

Seriously, get a British Actress that Sells It, Not an American Trying to Act British.

Even though GoL has its Classic Moments, It Sucks as a Game with its Fast Pasting Monkey Rolling Bad Voice Acting by Lara and Xoloti.

What the Heck is with the Satanic Minions in GoL (Do Not get me Started with an XNA Screen if you are gonna tell me What Satanic Minions im talking about) because i will Show you Satan Stuff right out GoL.

If TRL/TRU is to be Remade, theres a Second Story in Both those Games that were Overshadowed with Mommy Dearest.

peeves
26-10-10, 19:41
If TRL/TRU is to be Remade, theres a Second Story in Both those Games that were Overshadowed with Mommy Dearest.

There was a movie called mommy dearest.

Ward Dragon
26-10-10, 19:43
I went with Guardian of Light. I was really impressed by the cleverness of some of the puzzles, the level layouts were good with a fair amount of exploration and backtracking in most of the levels, I really liked the artistic style, and collecting all of the gems, relics, and artifacts really played to my OCD tendencies and got me absorbed in the game :p Not to mention the PC keyboard/mouse controls were really good (much better than I was expecting from a game with a fixed camera angle). The levels were clearly designed with the camera in mind which meant that everything was fair (jumps consistently relied on pressing the right buttons at the right time and it didn't feel at all fluky or luck-based like some other games).

As for the other games, I didn't like Legend (too streamlined, not really any exploration required, too much annoying headset banter, unnecessarily making the story over-complicated by adding her mother instead of properly developing the more interesting Amanda and King Arthur story arcs).

Anniversary was a good game but it gave me mixed feelings due to it being a remake (or reimagining, whatever). It felt like a lot was missing due to them cutting down a lot of the siderooms from many of the levels, the color palette seemed really dull to me, and I didn't like that they rewrote Lara to be a newbie who was only looking for the Scion because her father thought it would reveal what happened to her mother. I did like the puzzles in the game though, and some areas were an improvement over TR1 so I did enjoy the game overall, it's just that the things I described above detracted from the experience.

Underworld was a good game (especially with the DLC). I don't have any major complaints with it. I just happen to like GoL more at the moment. Maybe it has to do with expectations. TRU was good but at various points in the run-up to it I was reading different previews and expected things that ultimately weren't in the game (I thought Lara was actually going to visit real underworlds for example :p) so even though I liked the game I was a little bit disappointed with it. On the other hand, what I expected from GoL is pretty much what I got, except GoL was even better than I thought it would be.

tampi
26-10-10, 19:48
I voted Legend.
I would have liked to vote for the penguins. I always like to vote on Penguins choice. It is the most fun.:p

I have not played GoL

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/63/animals18.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/animals18.jpg/)

TaminAngel
26-10-10, 19:53
Between them, I prefer TRA even if I never played TR GoL. But maybe soon ^_^ It seems to great.

JonnyL
26-10-10, 19:56
Leg-end :D

Liara
26-10-10, 19:58
I'm going to be cheeky and ask for the simple "none" option. :p (What? I don't like penguins.)

Raider4Ever96
26-10-10, 20:00
Underworld! I look past the glitchieness and superfast animations too enjoy it's beautiful graphics and fun exploration.:D

TheRCroft
26-10-10, 20:00
Tomb Raider Anniversary. My first game of Tomb Raider series, great atmosphere, non-mummy storyline, good graphics and, since it is based on the original TR, it has a lot of aspects from the classics, which I really want to play. I played once, twice and I could play it how many times I want without get tired. It is just epic :D

larson n natla
26-10-10, 20:03
Anniversary.

Legend was too flawed and underworld was a massive let down.

I am yet to fully play GOL although the DEMO was fun.

Hairhelmet12
26-10-10, 20:07
Anniversary, So much fun.
It was a really good Remake.

1. Anniversary
2. GOL
3. Underworld
4. Legend.

Cristina
26-10-10, 20:07
I liked Underworld and Gol the most but TRU takes the cake! :D

A.JJ.G
26-10-10, 20:09
I like penguins :D

TombRaiderLover
26-10-10, 20:12
Legend is easily the worst. It's not a horrible game, but I certainly consider it a mediocre one. I find it nearly impossible to play now as ten minutes in I immediately lose interest. The lack of variety and extreme ease make it a dull experience. I really enjoyed it the first time I played it, mind you, but over time I've come to see it in a much harsher light.

Anniversary is better, but not by a wide margin. It's got atmosphere and it shows sparks of brilliance throughout, but like its predecessor, tedium sets in quite quickly. On its own merits, its a good game; in comparison to the original, it's rubbish. Ironically, the game would have been more interesting had it been a faithful remake of the original as opposed to throwing away various stuff and replacing it with other stuff.

I very much like Underworld, though, almost as much as Core Design's games. Perhaps I haven't played it as frequently as the other two for tedium to set in, but I consider it a more challenging, atmospheric, well-designed and engaging game to play. Thailand and Mexico in particular are brilliant, and the sense of scale throughout is much-appreciated. It has its flaw - the engine is still hindered like invisible walls aplenty and the animations are awkward and choppy - but overall, I think it's a great game.

As for Guardian of Light, I haven't played it yet. The whole 'digital download' craze isn't desirable and there's still a glimmer of hope within me that it'll see a physical release.

daventry
26-10-10, 20:17
Tomb Raider Anniversary. My first game of Tomb Raider series, great atmosphere, non-mummy storyline, good graphics and, since it is based on the original TR, it has a lot of aspects from the classics, which I really want to play. I played once, twice and I could play it how many times I want without get tired. It is just epic :DHave you Played any of the Classic Games

Legend 4ever
26-10-10, 20:22
Legend. Prettiest Lara, beautiful scenery, loved Next Gen, great replay value etc.

Encore
26-10-10, 20:23
Anniversary. It's the only one that tries to give some complexity to the level design (even if not much), and it has some impressive moments (St. Francis Folly and Sanctuary of the Scion mainly).

Legend was terrible as a TR game, but at least it's fun... as a generic game. Underworld was the worst for me, as they didn't have the "first time" excuse any more, and they had also learned good things with Anniversary, yet they ****ed it up completely by making it short, rushed, buggy and absolutely underwhelming in every way - while claiming that all the superficial, cosmetic changes somehow make it more "tomb raiderish". Then, they add DLC and claim it wasn't supposed to be on the main game. Yeah right. :ohn:

lord gaga
26-10-10, 20:24
I personnaly love GOL as it's much more of a breath of fresh air.My order would be
1.Lara croft GOL(my favorite as it's new,amazing,lots of wepons,Longish,dark)
2.Tomb raider anniversary(a worthy attempt to remake one of the best game)
3.Tomb raider legend(holds a special place in my heart as the game that brought back tomb raider into my life and the most replayable in my case)
4.Tomb raider underworld(It's almost like legend but a bit boring and repitive but pretty and fun to move lara around)

TheRCroft
26-10-10, 20:27
Have you Played any of the Classic Games

Like I said, I want to play them. Since it is a remake of a classic game, it is, in my opinion, the one that CD made with more elements from the classics.

Legend 4ever
26-10-10, 20:28
Seriously, get a British Actress that Sells It, Not an American Trying to Act British.

Um, are you implying that Keeley Hawes is American?

larafan25
26-10-10, 20:28
^IKR? This forum sometimes. O.O
TRA. The shooting was perfect there, until they crippled the mechanism again in TRU.

The shooting (specifically speaking) in TRA was perfection, I might even spill out into how well the combat was in general minus the adrenalin dodge, but for what the combat was, the shooting was sooo good.

However with that being said, I chose GOL, I enjoyed that game so much, and the shooting rocked even more because it was manual aim.:)

[Xmas]
26-10-10, 20:31
Tomb Raider Legend - Why? Because...
"IN STORES NOW, I AM WAITING"

daventry
26-10-10, 20:32
Um, are you implying that Keeley Hawes is American?Maybe she is living in America too Long that she is starting to Loose her British Accent while trying to Americanize her Voice More, she just Doesent Sound British. :confused:Like I said, I want to play them. Since it is a remake of a classic game, it is, in my opinion, the one that CD made with more elements from the classics.I would rather Strongly Advice you to Play the Classics First, before you Worship the Crystal Trilogy to the Ground, If Then Afterwards you still feel Crystal Rules, then its Your Loss. ;)

Gian Carlo
26-10-10, 20:34
lcgol. ;)

TheRCroft
26-10-10, 20:37
Maybe she Lived in America too Long that she is starting to Loose her Britsh Accent, she just Doesent Sound British. :confused:.I would rather Strongly Advice you to Play the Classics First then Worship the Crystal Trilogy to the Ground, If Then Afterwards you still feel Crystal Rules, then its Your Loss. ;)

Did I write that Crystal rules? As far as I know, this is a "Which Crystal Dynamics game do you like the most?" poll, so it's obvious I'm going to say a Crystal game. If I have only played the Crystal ones, I can't pronounce about Core's ones, but, for all the comments I've seen, I know that Core's games are better than Crystal's.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-10-10, 20:38
Anniversary is my favourite, although I love Legend, Underworld and GoL too ^_^

trfanX34
26-10-10, 20:39
I can believe that people doesn't like Underworld... but what I can't believe is that they prefer Legend!
:o

And btw...

I voted for Underworld

Evan C.
26-10-10, 20:40
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-10-10, 20:42
I can believe that people doesn't like Underworld... but what I can't believe is that they prefer Legend!

And btw...

I VOTED for Underworld

there are some parts of legend I prefer more -- the storyline, the colours and lara herself were much better. The selection of outfits made it so replayable as well.But then underworld had great graphics, the all terrain motorbike, longer levels and awesome combat moves. I also loved treasure hunt. I like them exactly the same.

daventry
26-10-10, 20:43
:o:vlol:

TheRCroft
26-10-10, 20:45
;4965708']Tomb Raider Legend - Why? Because...
"IN STORES NOW, I AM WAITING"

Gotta love that trailer :p

daventry
26-10-10, 20:49
What Trailer and what is Funny about it. :o

TaminAngel
26-10-10, 20:49

And btw...

I voted for Underworld
I don't like TRU at all, but I prefer it to TRL :)

TRfan23
26-10-10, 20:57
Guardian of Light - Because it's more addicting then the others :)

However, lately I've been busy playing other games. Such as Bioshock.

TheRCroft
26-10-10, 20:58
What Trailer and what is Funny about it. :o

The Legend trailer ends with Lara saying "Tomb Raider Legend. In stores now. I am waiting." I think [Xmas] was referring to this one.

peeves
26-10-10, 21:02
So if i were to rate each Crystal TR from best to worst my list would be:
1.Anniversary
2.Underworld
3.Legend
4.GoL

[Xmas]
26-10-10, 21:15
Gotta love that trailer :pThat trailer was sex :cln:

Legend of Lara
26-10-10, 21:15
Guardian of Light.

daventry
26-10-10, 21:16
So if i were to rate each Crystal TR from best to worst my list would be:
1.Anniversary
2.Underworld
3.Legend
4.GoLBest to Worse:
1.LS
2.GoL
3.Underworld
4.Anniversary
5.Legend

[Xmas]
26-10-10, 21:17
best to worse:
1.ls
2.gol
3.underworld
4.anniversary
5.legendIYO, I suppose :D

da tomb raider!
26-10-10, 21:17
Tomb Raider Underworld. Definitely my favourite of Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider games so far - not that that's saying much.

SkyPuppy
26-10-10, 21:18
Guardian of Light.

you didn't even finish it. ._.

[Xmas]
Tomb Raider Underworld. Definitely my favourite of Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider games so far - not that that's saying much.OT: You mentioned me in your signature...:o

I, Tomb Raider
Gotta love that trailer :p
Can you please send the link? :cln:

Legend of Lara
26-10-10, 21:19
you didn't even finish it. ._.

CD is actively keeping me from doing so.
You shut up. >:I

[Xmas]
26-10-10, 21:21
Can you please send the link? :cln:I can post it, if you really want to see lots of sexy footages and Lara's boobyful voice :cln:

Ward Dragon
26-10-10, 21:22
Best to Worse:
1.LS
2.GoL
3.Underworld
4.Anniversary
5.Legend

Does LS = Lara's Shadow?

SkyPuppy
CD is actively keeping me from doing so.
You shut up. >:I

omg, Crystal Dynamics is doing that? dear, god! they are evil. :l

make me. D:

[Xmas]
Does LS = Lara's Shadow?Where would be Beneath The Ashes, then? :pi:

MattTR
26-10-10, 21:23
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. :tmb:

TheRCroft
26-10-10, 21:25
;4965830']I can post it, if you really want to see lots of sexy footages and Lara's boobyful voice :cln:

Your sense of persuasion is infallible. :mis:

What about the "You'll be seeing more of me soon on X-Box 360 and X-Box"? :cln:

hitnrun017
26-10-10, 21:29
Anniversary for me. I love the three games, but Legend lacked length/difficulty and Underworld lacked polish... Anniversary had both.

[Xmas]
26-10-10, 21:31
Your sense of persuasion is infallible. :mis:

What about the "You'll be seeing more of me soon on X-Box 360 and X-Box"? :cln:Oh, thank you :cln:

Oh do you mean the orgasmic "boob jiggling" swan-dive trailer :cln: Pure Orgasm :cln: :D

daventry
26-10-10, 21:33
Does LS = Lara's Shadow?Yup, like Lara could be as Silent and Deadly as the Doppelganger, without the Powers ofcourse. ;);4965837']Where would be Beneath The Ashes, then?Under a Pile of Rubble with Zip. :p

Nemo_91
26-10-10, 21:33
Anniversary.

SkyPuppy
26-10-10, 21:35
;4965806']That trailer was sex :cln:

;4965830']I can post it, if you really want to see lots of sexy footages and Lara's boobyful voice :cln:

;4965860']
Oh do you mean the orgasmic "boob jiggling" swan-dive trailer :cln: Pure Orgasm :cln: :D

oh, dear.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-10-10, 21:36
oh, dear.

someone has high hormones tonight :vlol:

ajrich17901
26-10-10, 21:36
Lara croft and the Guardian of Light

Nemo_91
26-10-10, 21:37
;4965860']Oh, thank you :cln:

Why are you so obsessed with BOOBS?

Alpharaider47
26-10-10, 21:38
I rather enjoyed Anniversary :p I'd throw Legend and Underworld in second, and I don't think it's really fair to compare GoL, though I really enjoyed that as well!

SkyPuppy
26-10-10, 21:39
someone has high hormones tonight :vlol:

SOMEONE'S BEING A HYPOCRITE TONIGHT.

<3

because they're 'jiggly'.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-10-10, 21:41
SOMEONE'S BEING A HYPOCRITE TONIGHT.

Yep :')

ajrich17901
26-10-10, 21:41

Honestly its rather annoying anymore, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so.

SkyPuppy
26-10-10, 21:42
Yep :')

;D

Honestly its rather annoying anymore, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so.

trust me, you're not. i'm also annoyed with it, but there's not much you can really do, unfortunately.

Mad Tony
26-10-10, 21:43
Honestly its rather annoying anymore, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so.You're not the only one.

ajrich17901
26-10-10, 21:43
rust me, you're not. i'm also annoyed with it, but there's not much you can really do, unfortunately.

Kinda Ironic the mods don't see it as spam, when that's all it really is anyway. It adds nothing to the conversation and has nothing to do with the topic at hand so yeah, not only that I can probably list 100 threads where this has gone on.

TaminAngel
26-10-10, 21:46
trust me, you're not. i'm also annoyed with it, but there's not much you can really do, unfortunately.

I'm in too

Sgt BOMBULOUS
26-10-10, 21:49

Why would anyone have to ask such a question?

[Xmas]
26-10-10, 21:51

;D

You're not the only one.

Kinda Ironic the mods don't see it as spam, when that's all it really is anyway. It adds nothing to the conversation and has nothing to do with the topic at hand so yeah, not only that I can probably list 100 threads where this has gone on.Create an anti-club for me guys :)
But the only one who is spamming at the end of the day is you guyz. If you have some boobyful messages you'd like to tell me, post a boobyful message on my user profile, please :) Now let's back on topic and I promise I'll stop posting here since I already said what I wanted to ;)

Mytly
26-10-10, 21:57
Can we please get this thread back on topic?

Xmas - since you've already promised not to post any more in this thread, I expect you'll keep that promise.

SkyPuppy - if you don't like Xmas's posts, is there any reason why you're quoting them and drawing more attention to them?

patriots88888
26-10-10, 22:05
None, I find them to be dull.

larafan25
26-10-10, 22:25
None, I find them to be dull.

I find it hard to believe you cannot choose one over another, if you dislike them all, which one would you choose had you been forced to play it?

Uzi master
26-10-10, 22:28
hmm, Legend no.... dont have anniversary, Underworld for PS2 is bleh....

screw it I choose pengiuns:D

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-10-10, 22:31
GoL, hands down. :tmb:

Afonya
26-10-10, 22:36
Underworld (Anniversary was a close second though)

Paddy
26-10-10, 22:39
Underworld. Love that game.
I find it hard to believe you cannot choose one over another, if you dislike them all, which one would you choose had you been forced to play it?

Whats hard to believe?? If he says he finds them all dull then its fair enough.

EmeraldFields
26-10-10, 23:01
1. Legend
2. Underworld
3. Anniversary

patriots88888
26-10-10, 23:22

I find them all dull equally.

Whats hard to believe?? If he says he finds them all dull then its fair enough.

Yup, I don't play favorites with dullness.

Azerutan
26-10-10, 23:30
All games are pretty weak.
If this is what TR is going to be from now on... :/

But I picked Anniversary, even though it's so inferior compared to TR1... Pity.

Rai
26-10-10, 23:36
Gah, I wish I could choose one and a half :p. My reason being is that Anniversary is great but the first half of TRU is equal to it, imo. Um, probably TRA then because as a whole I prefer it to TRU as a whole. TRL is all fine, but comes third followed by GoL.

trlestew
26-10-10, 23:37
GOL was so much fun :D
Never played Underworld, Anniversary was ok, and I despise Tomb Raider Legend now.

Squibbly
26-10-10, 23:39
Either Anniversary or Guardian of Light.

Anniversary is really pretty, and it was exciting to see some of my favourite levels remade (even though Palace Midas - yes, Palace Midas, not Midas's Palace, Crystal!) was a bit disappointing compared to the original. Guardian of Light is non-stop fun, though.

Hmmm. I'll think about it and then vote later.

Eddie Haskell
27-10-10, 00:18
Disliked them all (for various reasons), sans GoL which I have not played yet. However I will get GoL as soon as they have online multi-player available for the PC.

They really ought to release this on game on DVD, I despise digital crap because I always feel as though the game is not mine... I'm merely borrowing it. Plus I keep all of my games neatly organized in custom bookcases. And the fact that I can have it instantly ready to go if and when I reformat my drive, or to quickly place it on another one of my PC's. hopefully they will get a hard copy out there for sale at some point.

larafan25
27-10-10, 00:33
Disliked them all (for various reasons), sans GoL which I have not played yet. However I will get GoL as soon as they have online multi-player available for the PC.

They really ought to release this on game on DVD, I despise digital crap because I always feel as though the game is not mine... I'm merely borrowing it. Plus I keep all of my games neatly organized in custom bookcases. And the fact that I can have it instantly ready to go if and when I reformat my drive, or to quickly place it on another one of my PC's. hopefully they will get a hard copy out there for sale at some point.

Is it possible to move the game onto some temporary device drive for PS3?

They should have those, so you can keep libraries of stored games, because the PS3 can't hold unlimited games, and if you purchase that many there is no way you are going to delete something you purchased to use something else your purchased.

scremanie
27-10-10, 00:37
Underworld.

When Legend starts surpassing the rest, you know we have a problem. :pi:

larafan25
27-10-10, 00:39
Underworld.

I almost chose legend, and I can see why many would choose legend.

A lot of fans here first played TRL, it has a nostalgic feel for them, the story IMO was great, the experience was fantastic, however not my preferred tomb raider.

Paddy
27-10-10, 00:40
there are some parts of legend I prefer more -- the storyline, the colours and lara herself were much better. The selection of outfits made it so replayable as well.But then underworld had great graphics, the all terrain motorbike, longer levels and awesome combat moves. I also loved treasure hunt. I like them exactly the same.

I find games with alternative endings have more replayability then games with extra outfits :p
Underworld.

I agree.

Eddie Haskell

They should have those, so you can keep libraries of stored games, because the PS3 can't hold unlimited games, and if you purchase that many there is no way you are going to delete something you purchased to use something else your purchased.

Are you asking me? I wouldn't know a PS3 from a toaster. ;)

Ward Dragon

He's playing on PC. Steam requires you to redownload the game every time you want to install it. I don't think it would work if you copied the files over to a disc or a flash drive and then tried to install them on another PC (I haven't tried it though so maybe I was misinformed).

I find games with alternative endings have more replayability then games with extra outfits :p

Definitely :p And not just the ending cutscene being different, but actually having alternate ways to play the game with different things happening throughout the game :D

larafan25
27-10-10, 00:43
Are you asking me? I wouldn't know a PS3 from a toaster. ;)

He's playing on PC. Steam requires you to redownload the game every time you want to install it. I don't think it would work if you copied the files over to a disc or a flash drive and then tried to install them on another PC (I haven't tried it though so maybe I was misinformed).

Definitely :p And not just the ending cutscene being different, but actually having alternate ways to play the game with different things happening throughout the game :D
Oh poop, I assumed you were on PS3 for some odd reason, ya I have no idea about steam or playing on PC.:p

Paddy
27-10-10, 00:43

Thats why I like games where I can determine my own ending like Dragon Age.

Eddie Haskell
27-10-10, 00:48

Redownload, there's something not quite right about that word... :p

All that is nice, but when none of them jibe with what you had envisioned for the game...then it still sucks.

egypt_gypsie
27-10-10, 00:52
Anniversary :)

scremanie
27-10-10, 01:05
Thats why I like games where I can determine my own ending like Dragon Age.

And inFamous. :D

knightgames
27-10-10, 01:08
Which Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider / Lara Croft game do you like the most?

Poll requested by Cristina.

Legacy of Kain series FTW. ESPECIALLY the original Soul Reaver.

DgoOdz94
27-10-10, 01:12
Tomb Raider Legend.

It was my first TR game and the one who sucked me into the Lara Croft world.

AmericanAssassin
27-10-10, 02:42
Tomb Raider: Anniversary :tmb:

tranniversary119
27-10-10, 02:44
Lara croft and the Guardian of Light :wve:

Ward Dragon
27-10-10, 02:48
Legacy of Kain series FTW. ESPECIALLY the original Soul Reaver.

I definitely would have voted for that if the poll wasn't limited to their TR games :p

TaminAngel
27-10-10, 10:17
TRA beats all :D:D

Alex Fly
27-10-10, 10:19
Legend here ! :wve:

Ikas90
27-10-10, 10:28
Anniversary, with Legend coming close. :)

Underworld2008
27-10-10, 10:28
I was a big fan of Legend when it came out :)

LightningRider
27-10-10, 10:51
Legend. It would have been Anniversary, but it was only partially theirs.

cezy rockeru
27-10-10, 11:10
TRA beats all :D:D

:tmb:yeeeh:ohn:

Croft_Original
27-10-10, 15:34
I voted TRA.:) I know some people don't like it as it's not a faithful remake of the original, but I tend to think of it as just inspired by/based on TR1 so as a game in itself...:tmb:

I've played Legend but still haven't played Underworld yet BTW.

Croft.

the ancient
27-10-10, 15:40
TRA realy enjoyed the game

and ofcourse the great wii version

Zebra
27-10-10, 15:45
Tomb Raider: Legend

It's not a good Tomb Raider game but at least it was a good game (which is more than you can say of Anniversary and Underworld).

jarekhanzelka
27-10-10, 15:47
I was tempted to go with penguins, but eventually I decided for Anniversary instead. The most challenging and lasting TR game they made (for me anyways).

dizzydoil
27-10-10, 15:48
For a Tomb Raider game I'd have to say Lara Croft and the.. is my favourite, I know it's not a total Tomb Raider game- but it's pretty awesome/fantastic in some aspects.

HOWEVER, if this was just our favourite game from Crystal (not including LoK) I'd have to say Legend. The whole feeling/atomsphere that comes with Legend is something no game has yet topped, it's certainly special- and an amazing game when taking away the Tomb Raider title. It's fast paced, it's fun- and it's energetic. It's a pleasure to play, and it's the only Tomb Raider game that I have lost count how many times I have replayed. :D

tonyme
27-10-10, 16:17
TRA

:) Definitely...

ryan91
27-10-10, 16:37
trl - fun
tra - not bad
tru - meh
trgol - didn't play and won't

so i go for trl.

Miharu
27-10-10, 17:07
TRA.

A masterpiece. It's ashame CD didn't follow the routes of TRA and just complete ruined some/many of the fixed mechanics that were in Anniversary.

In fact if TRU used the same engine as TRA I wouldn't complain.

TheRCroft
27-10-10, 18:26
TRA.

A masterpiece. It's ashame CD didn't follow the routes of TRA and just complete ruined some/many of the fixed mechanics that were in Anniversary.

In fact if TRU used the same engine as TRA I wouldn't complain.

:tmb:
I wouldn't complain either, at least there weren't so many bugs in Anniversary, the story and the atmosphere were better imo.

Lara Croft!
28-10-10, 16:30
Underworld is the best. If only it lasted longer...

StarCroft:AOD
29-10-10, 14:38
voted TR:L... :D

not legend lara :p

larafan25
29-10-10, 14:40
I played a bit of TRL today and the story is just fantastic, it really is, I really wish they hadn't added TRA to the trilogy and that TRU didn't stray so far from avalon.:/

rowanlim
29-10-10, 15:45
I voted Anniversary, it created a great playing environment. I haven't played TRU yet *shrinks into a ball of self-pity* so my opinion might change :p

Lara's Fan
29-10-10, 15:48
I gotta go with Tomb Raider Anniversary.:D

Anubis_AF
29-10-10, 15:51
Well, I DO love penguins, but I voted Legend. The variety of environments really makes it more appealing to me.
I voted Anniversary, it created a great playing environment. I haven't played TRU yet *shrinks into a ball of self-pity* so my opinion might change :p
And I thought I was the only loser not to have played TRU, high five! :D

LNSNHGTDS
29-10-10, 16:17
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend !!!

I'm really impressed that Legend got 2nd place cause most people in here hate it :p .Anyway,my 2nd's Anniversary and I hate both Underworld and GoL and I really don't get the penguin thingy :p Is it something like a neutral vote or it's just...there :p ?

Chocola teapot
29-10-10, 16:40
Anniversary.

But TR1 is CLEARLY Better.

:p

peeves
29-10-10, 18:10
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend !!!

I'm really impressed that Legend got 2nd place cause most people in here hate it :p .Anyway,my 2nd's Anniversary and I hate both Underworld and GoL and I really don't get the penguin thingy :p Is it something like a neutral vote or it's just...there :p ?

The penguin option is for people that don't like any of the Crystal TR games.

Spong
29-10-10, 21:18
I think this thread needs renaming, I came in here expecting to be able to vote for the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain series.

Anyway, I voted for Anniversary, it's easily Crystal's best TR effort to date. I like Guardian of Light, I like it a lot in fact, but I don't consider it a TR game.

herothing
29-10-10, 21:54
None of them - I'm not really sure which i like the most.

voltz
29-10-10, 22:00
Anyway, I voted for Anniversary, it's easily Crystal's best TR effort to date.

When I played anniversary the first time, I had a thought going through my mind on what this series would have been like if Crystal were the original developer rather then CORE to begin with? Everything just seemed so natural and fluid.

Lara's Nemesis
29-10-10, 22:31
Didn't like Legend.
Anniversary was okay but was basically a remake.

I quite enjoyed Underworld so that gets my vote, would have been better if it had been a bit harder tho.

larafan25
29-10-10, 22:35
When I played anniversary the first time, I had a thought going through my mind on what this series would have been like if Crystal were the original developer rather then CORE to begin with? Everything just seemed so natural and fluid.

There are definitely choices which get made that seem to redirect the tomb raider feeling, not mistakes, I'm sure they are capable.

JonnyT
29-10-10, 23:25
Even though I loved Legend when that came out with it's awesome soundtrack and I loved Underworld's gorgeous graphics, I voted for Anniversary. I love the variety of levels and Egypt! I don't know why, but Egypt seems to be the best place for Tomb Raiding for me lol. The enemies in Underworld were not vicious enough - Most of my deaths were from accidentally falling, and where were the boss battles? The ending wasn't challenging :p

I would have considered GoL, but I prefer my "Tomb Raider" games with the camera behind Lara.

Love2Raid
29-10-10, 23:32
I like LCGOL the most. :)
Second place is for either TRA or TRU. They both have strengths and weaknesses.

Lee croft
30-10-10, 00:42
I think there should be a Britney option

TombOfRaiders
30-10-10, 00:52
I think there should be a Britney option

I, unfortunately, don't recall Crystal Dynamics releasing a new TR Game featuring Britney Spears. D= It would be pretty slick though...in some manner of speaking.

[Xmas]
30-10-10, 00:54
I think there should be a Boobyful option*Fixed*

tomblover
30-10-10, 01:30
;4971382']*Fixed* *fixes your tits*

LCGOL, personally. It's the closest they've come to a Core game so far.

Some of the puzzles were genuinely confusing, albeit in an excellent way. :p

[Xmas]
30-10-10, 01:30
*fixes your tits*Finally someone who made me laugh today! :p :D 1 point for you ;)

lord gaga
30-10-10, 12:31
I'm very surprised that people like legend more than GOL but i'm replaying tra now and it's going great.

Wana b like Lara
30-10-10, 12:52
It's gonna have to be Legend for me! :D .. Perhaps it was due to the fact that it was my first TR game!

MMAN
30-10-10, 15:26
I went for GOL, I prefer Anniversary and GOL to the others but in the end I decided that GOL is overall tighter and better designed compared to Anniversary for what it is.

Mikky
31-10-10, 11:46
TRL of course! :D