PDA

View Full Version : NASA may offer 1 way tickets to Mars

michaeldt
29-10-10, 07:21
The only catch is that you wont return to earth.

Article here (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/offbeat/8222915/to-mars-and-beyond/)

Humans could one day colonise planets such as Mars under a NASA plan to send astronauts into space knowing that they would not return.

Even with conventional technology humans could be on Mars' moons by 2030.

But NASA has a far grander plan - the Hundred Years Starship program.

Poll: Would you go one-way to Mars?

NASA’s Ames Research Centre has teamed up with DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, to develop large spacecraft capable of supporting life for 100 years.

The idea is to build space craft for a one-way mission and have everything needed to sustain humans for one hundred years.

The astronauts physiology would change because of the long-distance flight, with bone structure and muscles being altered.

It could take the intrepid space explorers nine months to get to the red planet.

But NASA is hoping that the chance of becoming the founding fathers of a new colony could be enough to lure those willing to explore the final frontier, to explore strange new worlds, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Alpharaider47
29-10-10, 07:46
Judging by the ending, is there a chance this ship will be named Enterprise? :p

Seriously though, that's rather interesting. On one hand it's pretty damn cool, but on the other you're leaving behind everything you've ever known. So much could go wrong, definitely wouldn't be a decision to be made lightly.

But it would be a step forward as far as getting off this rock :p

BoyTRaider
29-10-10, 08:20
Pretty interesting read.

Yeah, it'd definitely be a tough decision, but I'm sure there would be thousands lining up for a chance to be the first humans to colonize Mars.

Thanks for sharing by the way. :)

Lol, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Ward Dragon
29-10-10, 08:50
Does the ship have internet? :pi: Seriously though, if the ship was still connected to earth in terms of passengers being able to communicate with people and download media, I might go.

tampi
29-10-10, 09:01
I don't see much interest in being the first settlers.:p
Surely they find someone appropriate.:confused:

100 years ?????

The astronauts will be babies when taking off??
Or, -dear baby, you were born on Mars. lol

:rolleyes::confused:

The future is eating me

MyRaider4Life
29-10-10, 09:25
This is actually quite interesting! The one way is a little off putting though...

Sway6erman
29-10-10, 10:47
Catchy.
But I guess I prefer to watch Armagedon and stay on EARTH !

larson n natla
29-10-10, 10:49
Intriguing.

Although Earth is perfectly fine for me. I'll let the more adventurous types invade Mars.

Thank you for posting :)

Ikas90
29-10-10, 11:00
I'd absolutely love to go to another planet. But I'd hate to leave all my valuable memories behind on earth. I'd go to Mars if I knew I could return to Earth at any time I wanted to.

A one way trip isn't something to take lightly, even if you're going to another country, let alone another planet.

I wonder how much the fare would be. :p

lara c. fan
29-10-10, 11:16
Does the ship have internet? :pi: Seriously though, if the ship was still connected to earth in terms of passengers being able to communicate with people and download media, I might go.

I think they have dial-up internet on there...
Well, some form of internet. I believe it's dial-up. We had someone from NASA come to our school a few months ago, and they said they had internet on the ship. Well... The space station, at least. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
29-10-10, 11:19
I swore to myself I'd never live anywhere but Northumbria -- and mars doesn't sound so appealing anyway.

Lara's Nemesis
29-10-10, 11:24
There are quite a few people that I would love to see sign up for this. :wve:

Andyroo
29-10-10, 11:29
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

Though, the people who have nothing keeping them on earth probably aren't going to have enough to go to Mars anyway. I doubt many millionaires are gonna drop their life and everything they've work hard all their life to get, to go to Mars.

trXD
29-10-10, 11:39
Well the smartest people in the world are saying we probably won't go to mars anytime soon, but playing 'Mass Effect' gives me hope :D

dizzydoil
29-10-10, 11:52
I'd love to go to Mars. :D

Paddy
29-10-10, 11:56
Would be ironic once they got to being 30 seconds away from being in Mars :whi:
see what I just did there

Zebra
29-10-10, 11:58

AFAIK it takes quite some time for information to get from Earth to Mars. A whole day or something along those lines. So internet on Mars would be extremely slow :p.

Ikas90
29-10-10, 12:09
AFAIK it takes quite some time for information to get from Earth to Mars. A whole day or something along those lines. So internet on Mars would be extremely slow :p.

Nah, it would take a few minutes. Information travels at light speed.

The Great Chi
29-10-10, 12:09
Let the first settlers build a civilisation.

I am not going there on holiday unless there is decent hotels, good tourist spacebus outings to the wonders like the 'face on mars', Giant Plasma TV's/100 channels/internet in your five star accomodation, bowling alleys, shopping malls, McDonalds, KFC, lovely restuarants, ski slopes, swimming pools, barbecue decks, Disco fever nights, Holiday parades, and all mod cons thrown in :D

Oh, and a return ticket to Earth please :p

larafan25
29-10-10, 12:18
I'll wait until others have settled their first and my family stops existing, which won't be for a long time, I should get one of those freezer things.

cezy rockeru
29-10-10, 12:21
I wouldn't leave Earth for anything in the universe:pi:

The Great Chi
29-10-10, 12:27
The funny thing about the human race is that if you told them it was a suicide mission with very little chance of survival, you would still get some people wanting to go ;)

cezy rockeru
29-10-10, 12:37
^Some are emo or just curious:whi:

Johnnay
29-10-10, 12:39
Would be ironic once they got to being 30 seconds away from being in Mars :whi:
see what I just did there

Yes we all know what you did there

Your post was refering to the rockband 30 Seconds to Mars;)

Paddy
29-10-10, 12:41
Thank you Captain Obvious lol

Johnnay
29-10-10, 12:44
:pi:

cezy rockeru
29-10-10, 12:45
Thank you Captain Obvious lol

:vlol:nice nickname!:D

jackali
29-10-10, 12:48
I'd do it. ;)

cezy rockeru
29-10-10, 12:54
^But what if they would tell you on Mars isn't any PC/Mac/Laptop [etc.] that you could use to stay on TRF or to play games?:whi:

CerebralAssassin
29-10-10, 12:59
:pi:

no **** sherlock,lol:p

jackali
29-10-10, 13:05
^But what if they would tell you on Mars isn't any PC/Mac/Laptop [etc.] that you could use to stay on TRF or to play games?:whi:

I'd adapt.

cezy rockeru
29-10-10, 13:53
^I don't believe you:pi:

Dennis's Mom
29-10-10, 13:59

I'm hoping for the "Bradbury."

If I were young with no family ties, I'd be on that ship. It's another world, man. :D

cezy rockeru
29-10-10, 14:21
and you have to do things all over again:pi:there's no water,by the way:)

tampi
29-10-10, 14:44
Someone will do it!:cool:

We are so crazy!

The astronauts physiology would change because of the long-distance flight, with bone structure and muscles being altered.

Anyway I want to know about this subject!
I'm seeing myself with an exoskeleton traveling through space! :yik:

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/4250/tampicopia.jpg (http://img816.imageshack.us/i/tampicopia.jpg/)

Well, with dog biscuits.:o

-Send there firstly cockroaches, thugs!!!!:ton:

Encore
29-10-10, 14:45
I'd love to go. Maybe I'm just being romantic, but to be at the frontlines of such an amazing step in mankind's evolution... It would be a dream come true.

Jellyfishcake
29-10-10, 15:12
To be honest as cool as it would be to be on another planet, it kinda sounds like hard work being the first ones there....

jackali
29-10-10, 15:13
^I don't believe you:pi:

You don't have to? ;)

Laralissa
29-10-10, 15:14
'NASA may offer 1 way tickets to mars" "The only catch is that you wont return to earth"

...surely the '1 way' part made that obvious enough to begin with?

lara c. fan
29-10-10, 15:14
You don't have to? ;)

You pose lots of things as questions. :p

Evan C.
29-10-10, 15:22
Hay Caramba!

CerebralAssassin
29-10-10, 15:32
I'd go

tampi
29-10-10, 16:23
I'd go

I knew it!
Someone was going to go.

I go with you! tutuuuuuuuuut tutuuuuuuuut:cool:

Alpharaider47
29-10-10, 16:26
The funny thing about the human race is that if you told them it was a suicide mission with very little chance of survival, you would still get some people wanting to go ;)

Oh, see that's me :vlol:

If they did this, and it was successful, then I imagine it would provide a whole boost to the "industry" and push for a lot of changes in space travel. Following that I figure it wouldn't be long before we figured out how to travel faster than light, or at least faster :p That's when I'd wanna go :p

The Great Chi
29-10-10, 16:29
That bit about the musles and bones changing over the flight, would be more relevant to the reduced gravity of mars.

Some science fiction books speculate that new generations born on mars would end up eight or nine feet tall, and be able to jump twenty feet in one bound.

In other word, they would be almost an alien race compaired to us earthers, and they would hate the heavy gravity of earth.

Mind you, they would make a great basketball team :rolleyes:

Chocola teapot
29-10-10, 16:37
I... Wouldn't go.

EDIT: If life gets too boring here then perhaps... :p

tampi
29-10-10, 16:39
But this is a bit crazy and it looks fake.
How might they think on Mars if we are not even on the moon.

Step by step.

Is like to say to a new born: "here is your helpwalker"

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9301/tntoroloco2.png (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/tntoroloco2.png/) :yik:

Alpharaider47
29-10-10, 16:41
^^ I think that's actually a fair point. I think there's a lot that we could use the moon for- training, etc. And it'd be a place to at least test that everything is going to work properly I think.

CerebralAssassin
29-10-10, 16:44
How might they think on Mars if we are not even on the moon.

Step by step.

Is like to say to a new born: "here is your helpwalker"

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9301/tntoroloco2.png (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/tntoroloco2.png/) :yik:

we've been to the moon.plus there's no resources there:p

Mars is a bit more mysterious...there might be something there,and then again there might not be.it's risky,but worth the risk...especially if there's a way to communicate to earth regularly

The Great Chi
29-10-10, 16:45
How might they think on Mars if we are not even on the moon.... Ah, so you are one of those people that think we never got to the moon.

It is so easy to prove, because there should be a load of moon rovers (cars), and the bottom part of each lunar lander, and the USA flags, and experimental equiment, all still lying around on the moon.

But have we seen any pictures of them from the space telescope :p

larafan25
29-10-10, 17:44
That bit about the musles and bones changing over the flight, would be more relevant to the reduced gravity of mars.

Some science fiction books speculate that new generations born on mars would end up eight or nine feet tall, and be able to jump twenty feet in one bound.

In other word, they would be almost an alien race compaired to us earthers, and they would hate the heavy gravity of earth.

Mind you, they would make a great basketball team :rolleyes:

Hmmm maybe that is how humans became...:pi:

tampi
29-10-10, 19:23
Ah, so you are one of those people that think we never got to the moon.

It is so easy to prove, because there should be a load of moon rovers (cars), and the bottom part of each lunar lander, and the USA flags, and experimental equiment, all still lying around on the moon.

But have we seen any pictures of them from the space telescope :p

No. I meant to be settled on the moon.

I am the first to think that the only "natural" way will colonize space. If it still remains possible life on earth.
But prepare now a trip to live on Mars, out there, for one hundred years?

Something strange is happening at NASA.:confused:

larafan25
29-10-10, 19:39
No. I meant to be settled on the moon.

I am the first to think that the only "natural" way will colonize space. If it still remains possible life on earth.
But prepare now a trip to live on Mars, out there, for one hundred years?

Something strange is happening at NASA.:confused:

No wait, isn't Mars more likely to (or actually has) support life than the Moon?

tampi
29-10-10, 19:56
No wait, isn't Mars more likely to (or actually has) support life than the Moon?

:confused:

Do you think that, suddenly, someone can get a rocket and live one hundred years in the space?

And the cost that this entails?
I had always thought that a lunar station was the appropriate remedy.
Close to the Earth, terrain on which to become accustomed to low gravity conditions, the possibility of varied resources: Moon-Earth (combined).
In addition, launching a rocket from the moon is 9 times more effective, at least, that from Earth.
A rocket launched from the moon does not have to spend those huge fuel tanks only in the ignition and to overcome the Earth's atmosphere.

All this fuel can be used to travel very far if is not consumed in the begining.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7314/43962860.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/43962860.jpg/)

larafan25
29-10-10, 20:01

Do you think that, suddenly, someone can get a rocket and live one hundred years in the space?

Close to the Earth, terrain on which to become accustomed to low gravity conditions, the possibility of varied resources: Moon-Earth (combined).
In addition, launching a rocket from the moon is 9 times more effective, at least, that from Earth.
A rocket launched from the moon does not have to spend those huge fuel tanks only in the ignition and to overcome the Earth's atmosphere.

All this fuel can be used to travel very far if is not consumed in the begining.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7314/43962860.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/43962860.jpg/)

Oh I see, I just figured that Mars was more human friendly.

Alpharaider47
29-10-10, 21:00

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7314/43962860.jpg

*That* is a pretty good argument there. Like I said building some sort of permanent facility on the moon might provide training as well, which you touched on. Good staging area, and if they were to build a large enough vessel to transport all of those people and supplies, it might be more effective to build it at some form of orbital construction yard, something that could be built on say... the moon :p

igonge
29-10-10, 21:35
What if there was a baby born up there, If they somehow wanted to come back, would the baby have to apply for Earth citizenship? lol

Alpharaider47
30-10-10, 18:02
What if there was a baby born up there, If they somehow wanted to come back, would the baby have to apply for Earth citizenship? lol

:vlol: good question, I wonder if it would go by the parents citizenship then?

batotesic
30-10-10, 18:10
It would be nice to bring your nearest friends and go there :) I'd still miss Earth :p

aidanmalone
30-10-10, 19:11
It does sound like and idea but there wouldn't be any way to survive on mars, there would be things to overcome like the gravity issues and water and food and i doubt portacabins would be of any use :p
But we do need to get off Earth one of these days and at least someones trying

Alpharaider47
30-10-10, 19:18
It does sound like and idea but there wouldn't be any way to survive on mars, there would be things to overcome like the gravity issues and water and food and i doubt portacabins would be of any use :p
But we do need to get off Earth one of these days and at least someones trying

Well, if they had gardens on the ship and were able to construct buildings that would withstand the elements then I think they'd be alright. The ice on Mars might provide a source of water as well- assuming they could get to it and collect it. 'Course idk if it'd be drinkable :p
I wonder if they'd attempt any sort of teraforming, I've read a few theories about how to do it...

Sir Croft
30-10-10, 19:20
The Mass Effect fanboy within me is jumping with joy.

We can't go to places without TRF, right?

MattTR
30-10-10, 20:41
I'll stay here on earth, home is where the heart is. :o

CerebralAssassin
30-10-10, 21:03
this is what's waiting for the Mars expedition...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/face.jpg

Lizard of Oz
30-10-10, 21:15
I would go. Sure, earth is the best home we have, but I mean, the sooner we leave this watery dirt rock, the greatest chances we have for survive for periods over millions and millions of years.

I'm also LOVE adventures, even though it might be the most boring trip ever, I love the feeling of being the founder of something. Everyone I know would talk about me for ages. Not that I'm doing that just for that, either :)

DragonSlayer
30-10-10, 21:45

Seriously though, that's rather interesting. On one hand it's pretty damn cool, but on the other you're leaving behind everything you've ever known. So much could go wrong, definitely wouldn't be a decision to be made lightly.

But it would be a step forward as far as getting off this rock :p

I don't think i would go to mars or somewhere else knowing i couldn't come back i'd miss way to many things about TV friends computer games my cat now if i had a cityship like Atlantis then i would have no problem going because all i would have to do is press a button to go into hyperspace and be home in 10 seconds, does richard branson have anything to do with this it seems like he had had enough or air travel on earth and wants to conquer the universe.

I'm reminded of that classic star trek line

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Maybe they will find some decepticons when they get to whereever it is they are going.

Encore
30-10-10, 22:40
this is what's waiting for the Mars expedition...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/face.jpg

Planet of the Apes? D:

ryan91
30-10-10, 22:52
can it offer a one way ticket to california for me

The Great Chi
30-10-10, 23:50
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/face.jpg[/QUOTE]

Planet of the Apes? D:Emm, No, its the massive 'face on mars' mountain. But dont worry humans will never go there, it will be fenced off, and 'off limits' signs put up :p

We do not want humans thinking someone or something got there before us :mis:

digitizedboy
31-10-10, 00:16
I just googled the popular face thingie, and discovered another that was apparently found in 2001.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/FaceMars4.jpg

I really like how coincidental things can be. The other day I saw a cloud that looked like a rastafarian smoking a huge spliff.

robm_2007
31-10-10, 00:21
why cant you just get a ride back on teh shuttle that is bringing later arrivals? unless it crash lands onto the surface. lets hope it doesnt miss adn you drift into the deep space.

TRexbait
31-10-10, 01:51
The shuttle probably can't hold the weight of fuel for a trip back.

tampi
31-10-10, 11:37
*That* is a pretty good argument there. Like I said building some sort of permanent facility on the moon might provide training as well, which you touched on. Good staging area, and if they were to build a large enough vessel to transport all of those people and supplies, it might be more effective to build it at some form of orbital construction yard, something that could be built on say... the moon :p

Also, without gravity, you can imagine how would shooting the rocket?

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8933/images1xa.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/images1xa.jpg/)

Astronauts could be squashed like paper because of the acceleration.
The ignition should be controlled. :p

I would go. Sure, earth is the best home we have, but I mean, the sooner we leave this watery dirt rock, the greatest chances we have for survive for periods over millions and millions of years.

I'm also LOVE adventures, even though it might be the most boring trip ever, I love the feeling of being the founder of something. Everyone I know would talk about me for ages. Not that I'm doing that just for that, either :)

You see? A third person. Guided by the love of exploration.
We are already three.:jmp::D

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/20/carabelas.jpg (http://img839.imageshack.us/i/carabelas.jpg/)

I don't think i would go to mars or somewhere else knowing i couldn't come back i'd miss way to many things about TV friends computer games my cat now if i had a cityship like Atlantis then i would have no problem going because all i would have to do is press a button to go into hyperspace and be home in 10 seconds, does richard branson have anything to do with this it seems like he had had enough or air travel on earth and wants to conquer the universe.

I'm reminded of that classic star trek line

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Maybe they will find some decepticons when they get to whereever it is they are going.

Sure.
But there is a saying: "God will provide", "Nature will provide".

Sure, when we are sufficiently prepared for the trip, all these stones on the way, all these planets will be the aid needed to reach the destination.

I sincerely believe that if we need to go there, we will find the way to go.

I just googled the popular face thingie, and discovered another that was apparently found in 2001.

I really like how coincidental things can be. The other day I saw a cloud that looked like a rastafarian smoking a huge spliff.

Yes, the brain always tries to find a logical answer. :)

CerebralAssassin
31-10-10, 14:39
Planet of the Apes? D:

pretty much,yes:p

I think the 2 faces should get together and have themselves a beauty pageant:p

The shuttle probably can't hold the weight of fuel for a trip back.

can't hold the wight of fuel but can somehow hold the weight of supplies that will last them 100 years?that doesn't make sense.I think there's a different reason why they can't come back.

lara c. fan
31-10-10, 15:00
can't hold the wight of fuel but can somehow hold the weight of supplies that will last them 100 years?that doesn't make sense.I think there's a different reason why they can't come back.

Rocket fuel is used up extremely quickly. Food can be freeze-dried and such, and freeze-dried stuff weighs almost nothing.

The Great Chi
31-10-10, 15:52
How about this anomaly, which are what looks like shinny tubes found all around the martian surface, especially in canyon areas, weiving in and out of cliff faces and into and out of the depths.

Some think it is an ancient glass tube transport system, what do you think caused this, natural or artificial ?

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/greatchi/can1.jpg

Mikky
31-10-10, 15:59
I'd rather stay here. I might go if they invent teleportation. :ton:

dox online
31-10-10, 20:35
No offense to NASA, but who would want to leave earth to go and live on a barren planet that has sandstorms on it all of the time? That just doesn't sound like my cup of tea, thank you very much. I probably wouldn't get too fast internet connection on another planet. Could you imagine trying to download a film (legally of course) at that connection speed?

The Great Chi
31-10-10, 21:20
I'd rather stay here. I might go if they invent teleportation. :ton:I am not sure about matter transporters, they might not be safe, and you might end up like this guy in Spaceballs the movie :D ......

m6vYKJerstg

CerebralAssassin
31-10-10, 23:29
I'd rather stay here. I might go if they invent teleportation. :ton:

Mars is well out of transporter range :p

How about this anomaly, which are what looks like shinny tubes found all around the martian surface, especially in canyon areas, weiving in and out of cliff faces and into and out of the depths.

Some think it is an ancient glass tube transport system, what do you think caused this, natural or artificial ?

it looks artificial to me

I heard also Mars has the biggest mountain in the solar system

Rocket fuel is used up extremely quickly. Food can be freeze-dried and such, and freeze-dried stuff weighs almost nothing.

I think they're doing the one way trip thing to reduce costs (it requires a vast amount of fuel and energy for round trip) and because they wanna colonize mars.

Catracoth
31-10-10, 23:30
I say we ship all these gangbangers and hoodlums to Mars.

Alpharaider47
01-11-10, 01:04

Will we call the new colony "New Australia"? :p

robm_2007
01-11-10, 01:50

Where do you expect me to sleep?!

KyleCroft
01-11-10, 01:54
There are so many people that I would buy a ticket for.

digitizedboy
01-11-10, 10:46

Some people have been watching too many sci-fi films. :D

That looks like some ancient canal where water may have once streamed through. Maybe that's how the unusual pattern in the rock formed?

michaeldt
01-11-10, 10:48
Will we call the new colony "New Australia"? :p

????I don't get it

lara c. fan
01-11-10, 10:49
????I don't get it

Britain and other places shipped a lot of convicts to Australia. It's how the Aborigines died out, really.

robm_2007
01-11-10, 14:07
????I don't get it

he is insulting Mother Australia!

Report him, hurry, before the statute of limitations prevents you from doing so!
---------------

i df i was going to Mars, i wouldnt want to be the first ones there. id rather go there when it was already thriving adn successfully built with bases adn alien fun.

The Great Chi
01-11-10, 16:17
Some people have been watching too many sci-fi films. :D That looks like some ancient canal where water may have once streamed through. Maybe that's how the unusual pattern in the rock formed?Sorry to say, but thats definately no known water pattern being 90 degrees to the 'flow', and it has been proven that the surface of these 'tubes' are refective. It definately needs closer inspection.

And same goes for the so called 'Mars vegetation', which again is found in different patterns all over mars.

Just google 'mars vegetation', the patterns also change over the seasons.....

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/greatchi/mars1.jpg

tampi
01-11-10, 17:12
LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
Any Mars picture can be a surprise: :D

Phoenix Discovers New Moon on Mars (http://www.badrecordcovers.com/?p=257)

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5321/marsmoon.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/i/marsmoon.jpg/)

-----------------------------------

Today on news:

R2 Robot:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9587/infographicnasaspacerob.jpg (http://img840.imageshack.us/i/infographicnasaspacerob.jpg/)

Here (http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns_na/2010-11-01/026628413039.html) an interesting video how this robot works!

Alpharaider47
01-11-10, 17:17
he is insulting Mother Australia!

Report him, hurry, before the statute of limitations prevents you from doing so!
---------------

I didn't mean that as an insult :o

Some people have been watching too many sci-fi films. :D

That looks like some ancient canal where water may have once streamed through. Maybe that's how the unusual pattern in the rock formed?
I wonder if it could be some form of lava tube?

Avalon SARL
01-11-10, 17:26
Catchy.
But I guess I prefer to watch Armagedon and stay on EARTH !

:tmb:

sandygrimm
01-11-10, 17:30
I would consider, if they found a way to bring back Mars magnetic barrier. :)Without it, might as well consider yourself a cooked chicken.
Mars had "life" before earth, but because of it's size and distance, it lost it. ( or so I heard):o

The Great Chi
02-11-10, 10:43
I would consider, if they found a way to bring back Mars magnetic barrier. :)Without it, might as well consider yourself a cooked chicken.
Mars had "life" before earth, but because of it's size and distance, it lost it. ( or so I heard):oAh, the planet X theory.

It is quite well known in the conspiricy sites. it goes like this....

Mars was origionally a habitable moon of planet X a very long time ago, but planet X blew up, why ? who knows ?

The rubble created the asteriod belt, and its moon which is mars, is now a planet in its own right, but has a lot of debris damage on the side that faced Planet X when it blew up.

Whether true or not, it would be very hard to prove, but it could be one reason why we see unusual anomolies on mars, such as the face of mars, the D&M pyramid, possible transport tubes, posible vegetation, etc.

Only once mankind gets to Mars and explores without any NASA type cover-ups, then we would know whether Mars had been previously colonised :cln:

tampi
02-11-10, 13:19
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3081/images2awe.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/i/images2awe.jpg/) + http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9056/images3bt.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/i/images3bt.jpg/) + http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2074/images4c.jpg (http://img829.imageshack.us/i/images4c.jpg/) = :cln::p

No family problems, no blood in the space, no danger, no bone loss, no muscle loss,...
Just a good antenna with a good frequency.

EDIT: This really is a mathematical formula.:whi:

CerebralAssassin
02-11-10, 13:28
Ah, the planet X theory.

It is quite well known in the conspiricy sites. it goes like this....

Mars was origionally a habitable moon of planet X a very long time ago, but planet X blew up, why ? who knows ?

The rubble created the asteriod belt, and its moon which is mars, is now a planet in its own right, but has a lot of debris damage on the side that faced Planet X when it blew up.

Whether true or not, it would be very hard to prove, but it could be one reason why we see unusual anomolies on mars, such as the face of mars, the D&M pyramid, possible transport tubes, posible vegetation, etc.

Only once mankind gets to Mars and explores without any NASA type cover-ups, then we would know whether Mars had been previously colonised :cln:

face of mars?

well...there might be a thriving underground society for all we know....certainly explains all these random "malfunctions" that the probes have undergone through the years:p

The Great Chi
02-11-10, 14:03
face of mars?

well...there might be a thriving underground society for all we know....certainly explains all these random "malfunctions" that the probes have undergone through the years:pDo you think the probes have been shot down or got at by the martians :D

Maybe they dont like being probed :eek:

CerebralAssassin
03-11-10, 12:30
I'm not gonna let this thread die down damn it...there's a big lack of good threads in GC as is:p

Do you think the probes have been shot down or got at by the martians :D

Maybe they dont like being probed :eek:

maybe,who knows.....or maybe they're just genuine malfunctions.anything's possible