PDA

View Full Version : Woman Kills Child for Interrupting Farmville Game

Anubis_AF
29-10-10, 10:39
A north Florida mother has pleaded guilty to shaking her baby to death after the boy's crying interrupted her game on Facebook.

Alexandra V. Tobias pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Wednesday and remains jailed.

The Florida Times-Union reports that she told investigators she was angered because the boy was crying while she was playing the game Farmville.

The paper also reports that she told investigators she shook the boy, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again.
She will be sentenced in December. State guidelines call for 25 to 50 years, but a prosecutor said it could be shorter than that.
A telephone message and an email sent by The Associated Press to her attorney were not immediately returned.
SOURCE (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8095214/Baby-killed-after-interrupting-his-mothers-Facebook-time.html).

Sharon_14
29-10-10, 10:40
that's awful and they should shut down facebook altogether, really.

Paddy
29-10-10, 10:42
Farmvilles **** anyway, but thats just disgusting to kill her kid over that.

larson n natla
29-10-10, 10:42
That poor child. I hope she at least showed some remorse. I mean smoking a cigarette and then shaking the baby again? Why would anybody do such a thing.

Sway6erman
29-10-10, 10:44
:confused: wtf

Ikas90
29-10-10, 11:04
Because Farmville is SO important. :rolleyes:

lara c. fan
29-10-10, 11:05

Why, exactly? Because you don't like it?

Anubis_AF
29-10-10, 11:12
Because Farmville is SO important. :rolleyes:

I bet her crops needed watering so badly.

aurora89
29-10-10, 11:14
this should not have made me laugh so much. :o I mean, it's terrible, but the whole story is just so absurd it almost sounds like it came from the onion.

TombOfRaiders
29-10-10, 11:15

+1 :tmb:

xXhayleyroxXx
29-10-10, 11:15
That is repulsive and disgusting. I'm shocked that someone would take their own child's life due to a game.

TombOfRaiders
29-10-10, 11:18
That is repulsive and disgusting. I'm shocked that someone would take their own child's life due to a game.

Some people out there are just messed up in the head, unfortunately. Sucks to be them.

My little sister used to interrupt my mum while she played Farmville, but my mum never did anything like this, she would actually get off the game and go tend to what my sister wanted.

EscondeR
29-10-10, 11:22
Social networks are the Satan business :ohn:

Shark_Blade
29-10-10, 11:23
I never play any games on facebook. They're just pointless imo, like flash games. It's nonsense to shutdown facebook over this murder.

Like the case of a kid shooting his parent because they interrupted his Halo game. Should Halo be banned and the studio shutdown? No, that's just dumb. It's the mentally disturbed people should get what's coming.

Same case with this.;)

xXhayleyroxXx
29-10-10, 11:28
Some people out there are just messed up in the head, unfortunately. Sucks to be them.

My little sister used to interrupt my mum while she played Farmville, but my mum never did anything like this, she would actually get off the game and go tend to what my sister wanted.

Yeah :/ People with severe mental problems shouldn't be allowed kids imo -- there was this case I heard on the radio yesterday about a woman who repeatedly stabbed her child, before dousing her body in acid :/

The poor kids.

Lara's Nemesis
29-10-10, 11:28
Don't know if you can blame the game, the woman must have been a psycho anyway.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-10-10, 11:29

Yeah, facebook nor the game are to blame -- she would have done something like this regardless if she was that messed up.

Andyroo
29-10-10, 11:35
It's bad enough they had to make a movie about facebook. :hea:

How disgusting. I hope she rots in prison, though most-likely won't. :mad:

Breeding should be treated as a privileged, and have to go through some sort of testing or something. :rolleyes:

xXhayleyroxXx
29-10-10, 11:37
It's bad enough they had to make a movie about facebook. :hea:

How disgusting. I hope she rots in prison, though most-likely won't. :mad:

Breeding should be treated as a privileged, and have to go through some sort of testing or something. :rolleyes:

Yeah, she'll most likely be diagnosed as unsuitable to attend court -- isn't that how it always is? :(

cezy rockeru
29-10-10, 11:41
So.. a woman kills her own baby because he interrupted her game on facebook?
wtf...it's very wrong and sad:(Facebook should be shut down...
More and more sick people on Earth...:mad:

yeh...

Johnnay
29-10-10, 11:44

the game is not just on Facebook you know, its on iOS Devices too

anyways this feels so sickening and humanely wrong... NO JUST NO:cen:

lara c. fan
29-10-10, 11:44
Facebook should be shut down...

Why?

trXD
29-10-10, 11:45

Pretty much this

"What? A woman killed her baby whilst on facebook? I sentence facebook to the electric chair!"

cezy rockeru
29-10-10, 11:47
Why?

or at least facebook,hi5,twitter,myspace games:pi:they're useless imo:pi:

lara c. fan
29-10-10, 11:48

In your opinion...
Some people quite like them.

sandygrimm
29-10-10, 11:50
What they hell do they put in Framville? Microwave cocaine, heroine? O_O
It's a ****ing game! :mad:

dizzydoil
29-10-10, 11:51
In your opinion...
Yeah those who kill their kids. (:p)

Amen!

Paddy
29-10-10, 11:51
In your opinion...

Like me for one, I like FB to contact people I otherwise dont on msn or anywhere else. Especially family members.

Tombraiderx08
29-10-10, 11:57
That's just a shame, poor kid :(

amaris
29-10-10, 12:35
That dumb *****! over FARMVILLE?

I remember one time, a drunk father killed his son over a videogame, the son lost the game *as in, couldn't find it* And the dad killed him. :/ I hate people at times.

Lemmie
29-10-10, 12:55
I think the trouble starts when you prioritise Farmville over a child; in fact when you prioritise Farmville over almost anything. It's a slippery slope from there. :(

xXhayleyroxXx
29-10-10, 12:59
Farmville isn't so good anyway, I used to like it until I realised how pointless it was. Why harvest virtual vegetables and fruits when you can do it in real life? And actually eat the produce?

Trfansince1996
29-10-10, 13:09
wow :/. That ***** should rot in a cell for 99 years. This is sooo disgusting. So many crazy people these days...

Legend of Lara
29-10-10, 13:12
What is this I don't even

Sgt BOMBULOUS
29-10-10, 13:22

That's downright ridiculous. What the hell does facebook have do to with anything? It's not their fault the woman is an inbred lowlife.

Dennis's Mom
29-10-10, 13:55
Not surprising. You know, those violent video games just breed violence. Oh wait . . . .

Very tragic. Perhaps Farmville had nothing to do with it, she only claimed it for her insanity defense.

dizzydoil
29-10-10, 13:58
"...she shook the boy, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again."

I can't even- it's like, it wasn't just out of anger.. she shook him, she paused, thought about what she was doing and then shook him again. :mad:

Sharon_14
29-10-10, 14:07
Why, exactly? Because you don't like it?

That's downright ridiculous. What the hell does facebook have do to with anything? It's not their fault the woman is an inbred lowlife.

facebook has a few positive things about it, but in my opinion the rest is crap, it was kinda ok before, but its pretty ****ty now, that is all.

lara c. fan
29-10-10, 14:09
facebook has a few positive things about it, but in my opinion the rest is crap, it was kinda ok before, but its pretty ****ty now, that is all.

So you want Facebook closed down because you don't like it?

Nemo_91
29-10-10, 14:11
That's just sick!

Sharon_14
29-10-10, 14:13
So you want Facebook closed down because you don't like it?

pretty much; but seriously, some people do enjoy it and its cool, some people don't, what do you expect? :p

lara c. fan
29-10-10, 14:16
pretty much; but seriously, some people do enjoy it and its cool, some people don't, what do you expect? :p

I wouldn't expect people to say that it should be closed down just because they don't like it. Bit of a stupid reason. :p

Legend 4ever
29-10-10, 14:18

This.

How fitting is it these days, to blame a game instead of the woman who was able to actually kill her child.

Sharon_14
29-10-10, 14:21
I wouldn't expect people to say that it should be closed down just because they don't like it. Bit of a stupid reason. :p

there are a few reasons, actually, but it has nothing to do with this topic. :pi:

THAT ***** IS INSANE, OMFG! :eek:

scremanie
29-10-10, 14:21

No.

I use FaceBook daily. I never play the games because they're all ****. I also have family in other parts of the world, and we communicate via FaceBook, as it's the easiest and cheapist way to get in contact, talk and see how our lives are going. I can see how my 12 year old cousin from Denmark is going, or how my Uncle is liking France. They're not going to shut down a website that is extremely valuable and useful for the people who use it correctly, just because some bogan ***** shakes her baby to death over corn and milking virtual cows.

tampi
29-10-10, 14:23
We(people) are always aware of our miseries.:(
When we(people) have stucked an idea in mind we are capable of anything. :confused:

Liara
29-10-10, 14:24
All I can say is holy crap... I'm a bit confused though; how can shaking a baby be deadly? I know that they're fragile, so I guess their heads are very soft at that age.

Encore
29-10-10, 14:30
I'm fascinated by how such addiction works. What the hell happened in this woman's brain, that suddenly it thinks playing a game is much more important than caring for her own child? It's completely against anything a mother's instincts would tell her.

scremanie
29-10-10, 14:30
^^ :yik:

Really?!?

Encore
29-10-10, 14:43
^^ :yik:

Really?!?

What? :confused:

Liara
29-10-10, 14:51
^ I think Scremanie was referring to me not seeing how a baby can die from that. What can I say, I hated biology and my mothering instincts are close to zero.

Evan C.
29-10-10, 15:23
Adiction and stupidity are a bad combination...

Alpharaider47
29-10-10, 16:21
That's awful, hope the mom realizes what she's done and lives a nice long guilty life :(

LNSNHGTDS
29-10-10, 16:23
It's sad but still stupid :pi: I mean imagine the whole thing,it could be a scene from a Scary Movie...movie (:p) .And just for Farmville?! It's a ****y and awful game!

ryan91
29-10-10, 16:33
omg that farmville game is so lame. i can't believe there are ppl that addicted to it. even the time-waste tamagotchis are way funnier than it xD

Chocola teapot
29-10-10, 16:35
Ooooh Dear...

Squibbly
29-10-10, 16:44
All I can say is holy crap... I'm a bit confused though; how can shaking a baby be deadly? I know that they're fragile, so I guess their heads are very soft at that age.

The back and forth motion causes the brain to bounce off the skull. Bleeding both inside and around the brain occurs. It's more dangerous for babies under a year of age, but young children can be seriously harmed as well.

If not death, shaking can cause permanent brain damage.

I heard about this baby's death last night, and it made me feel sick. That woman had to have something wrong with her to do this to her child.

knightgames
29-10-10, 17:59
Despite FARMVILLE, there's an important message here. Sure, we're all intelligent enough to not shake a baby, but sometimes even the best of us lose our patience.

If you're ever in a situation where a baby's incessant crying puts you close to the edge, WALK AWAY. Call a friend, mother, brother, help line. Do ANYTHING but pick up the child.

This happens more than you know.

chobits743
29-10-10, 18:03
Wow, people today...:mad:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
29-10-10, 18:20

Just because the apps are there doesn't mean you have to use them. I refuse every App request I get sent, because I don't want my page getting muddied up, and I think they're stupid... But the site as a whole is still just a social networking site, the rest of the junk is something that people have a choice about whether to waste their time with or not.

Rai
29-10-10, 19:43
I'm convinced this woman was mentally unstable anyway to be able to do this. It's common ruddy sense not to shake a baby - over being interupted while playing a game? Awlful, baby comes first. End of. Poor little mite :(.

Encore
29-10-10, 19:45
I'm convinced this woman was mentally unstable anyway to be able to do this. It's common ruddy sense not to shake a baby - over being interupted while playing a game? Awlful, baby comes first. End of. Poor little mite :(.

I personally am inclined to believe that her brain was altered by an addiction, much like any other. Whether or not this means she should be treated as an insane person (in legal terms), is debatable, to say the least...

Dina_Croft
29-10-10, 21:02
A few pages back people said that facebook should shut down.

Lol why is it facebook's fault?

It's her fault. Not Facebook or Farmville.

But yeah that's sick.

igonge
29-10-10, 21:37
...What a weirdo. Poor baby.

Lara's home
29-10-10, 21:40
lol @ people blaming farmville/facebook.

voltz
29-10-10, 22:10
I'd like to see this slut trapped in a SAW flick.

ozzman
29-10-10, 22:42
that ungrateful ***** , she deserves the Death Penalty for that :ohn:

Catracoth
29-10-10, 22:43

:vlol:

MangelinaJolie
29-10-10, 22:48

:tmb:

There was something, in some way, wrong with the woman for her to do this. It isn't Facebook or Farmville's fault.

larafan25
29-10-10, 22:53
I'd like to see this slut trapped in a SAW flick.

What a horrible thing to say.

Anywho, ya poor baby, I've never played farmville.

shadow_fire
29-10-10, 23:05
Thats like this lady who let her dogs starve to death and neglected her children
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/14/mother-obsessed-with-comp_n_715879.html

Or the couple who let their new born child starve to death while looking after their virtual child.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/28/internet-addicts-guilty-o_n_593552.html

ozzman
29-10-10, 23:07
OMG this is worse than throwing Cats in the Garbage

Love2Raid
29-10-10, 23:23
Wow, she not only killed her child, but also neglected it and subjected it to cigarette smoke. What an unlucky child to have a mother like that. :(

Phlip
29-10-10, 23:30
OMG this is worse than throwing Cats in the Garbage

I bet some people disagree with you. I mean after all, Mary bale was seen as worse than Hitler. :vlol:

TRfan23
29-10-10, 23:49
Sick woman, she really needs her head checked in and sorted out.

But this thread did actually made me want to play Farmville, and I haven't played it for a long time.

It's also the only third party app I'll allow on my profile, besides PSN & Windows Live.

Johnnay
30-10-10, 00:08

What did you say about

http://media.techeblog.com/images/bejeweled_blitz.jpg

you:smk:.. Best Online Game...Ever:)

MattTR
30-10-10, 00:20
Are you kidding me? Seriously? That's so pathetic, lady needs to be locked up. :rolleyes:

Poor kid. :(

Farmville is a piece of garbage.. Why don't people just go outside and plant a real garden? :whi:

larafan25
30-10-10, 00:22
Are you kidding me? Seriously? That's so pathetic, lady needs to be locked up. :rolleyes:

Poor kid. :(

Farmville is a piece of garbage.. Why don't people just go outside and plant a real garden? :whi:

In the Arctic?:p

scremanie
30-10-10, 00:31
Zombie Farm is better.. :pi:

MattTR
30-10-10, 00:36
In the Arctic?:p

Want, I thought there's population zero there? :eek:

Oh, wait.. :pi:

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/p/penguins-12143.jpg

Penguinville, it needs to be invented! Actually, it might actually exist. :whi:

Alpharaider47
30-10-10, 00:38
^^ That's where Justin has a secret base :p

MattTR
30-10-10, 00:40
Oh yes, how could I forget? :ton:

TombOfRaiders
30-10-10, 00:54
What did you say about

http://media.techeblog.com/images/bejeweled_blitz.jpg

you:smk:.. Best Online Game...Ever:)

+1 :tmb:

So addictive and fun. :cln:

lord gaga
30-10-10, 01:02
What a horrible thing to say.

Anywho, ya poor baby, I've never played farmville.

Trust me! Your not missing out on much! What a horrible story to read right before seeing my baby cuz. This woman needs to be locked up right now and forbidden to marry and have to live out her days as a nun:mad: I really am angry also how something as ridiculous as farmville could drive a mom to kill a child.But tomb raider on the other hand :p but seriously feeling sad now :(

Anubis_AF
30-10-10, 01:06
But this thread did actually made me want to play Farmville, and I haven't played it for a long time.

The game is to kill for!
Inappropriate, I know.

Oh, you tell 'em! :tmb:

Catapharact
30-10-10, 01:09
*Sigh...* I don't think its going to stop people from playing farmville though.

Zynga (the company that made farmville) is now worth more than EA:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/27/zynga-estimated-to-be-worth-more-than-ea/

Encore
30-10-10, 01:11

Zombie... farm?

Intriguing...
http://i54.************/2zz2qdt.jpg

ajrich17901
30-10-10, 01:14
This is disturbing on so many levels..didn't even think it was real at first until it finally sank in. And unlike most people I don't blame facebook or the game, I blame the mother for doing this to her own flesh and blood. Nothing, and I mean nothing should come before your kids. Sadly she'll go for the insanity thing and get a slap on the wrist more than likely just like so many other people.

robm_2007
30-10-10, 01:46
oh God. thats terrible. it seems funny in theory: someone killing another due to Farmville, but not at all when its reality.

im glad she plead guilty, though; makes her seem like she knows what she did is wrong. i dont think she actually meant to kill her child, but when nuts of anger or something. anyways, i hope she can forgive herself, if she even feels any remorse.

Tommy123
30-10-10, 05:37
and with that

ive lost all hope in man kind

...again

scremanie
30-10-10, 05:47
Zombie... farm?

Intriguing...
http://i54.************/2zz2qdt.jpg

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/zombie-farm/id339933022?mt=8

:pi:

SnipingPanda
30-10-10, 06:07

because some crazy lady killed her kid while playing it? thats a good reason. perfect.

TombOfRaiders
30-10-10, 12:19
because some crazy lady killed her kid while playing it? thats a good reason. perfect.

That's not the only reason why Facebook should be shut down. There's hundreds of other incidents involving Facebook which pose a debate on whether it should be closed down or not.

lara c. fan
30-10-10, 13:02
That's not the only reason why Facebook should be shut down. There's hundreds of other incidents involving Facebook which pose a debate on whether it should be closed down or not.

There's thousands of other incidents involving computers. Should we stop making and allowing the use of them?

Dark Lugia 2
30-10-10, 13:14
Poor child... :/

Why are people saying FB should be closed down over this? How ridiculous.

Typical that this is said by those who dont even use facebook and know how it works. :rolleyes: I use it and dont play any games on it.
Its like the iphone app store.. just because the apps are there doesnt mean you're using them.

And theres hrdly a 'debate' over whether it should be closed! :vlol: It will never close down.

Legend 4ever
30-10-10, 14:10
^Seconded.

trXD
30-10-10, 14:21

You simply cannot blame the gun when someone gets shot.

silver_wolf
30-10-10, 14:34
You see!! Video games cause violence!!!1!

Nerd For Life
30-10-10, 14:57
Yeah, it's obviously Facebook's fault when the woman is mentally ill and has a problem. Of course.

dizzydoil
30-10-10, 14:57
I'll cry the next time someone quotes Sharon just to say the same thing. Give her a break, it's her opinion- deal with it.

Simochka
30-10-10, 15:00
I heard about many women killing their children. Like put them in the oven or throw them on the wall or out of the balcony.

Isn't it a mental disease that mothers sometimes gets? Because it's so stressing with a baby and they just kill it. It almost happends my mother when my oldest sister were a baby and then it happened my oldest sister with her baby. But both got help so their didn't harm they babies in any way.

I think this mother should get help.

Catracoth
30-10-10, 15:02
I just find it amazing how people get all worked up over a simple computer game. :rolleyes:

Rai
30-10-10, 15:11
I heard about many women killing their children. Like put them in the oven or throw them on the wall or out of the balcony.

Isn't it a mental disease that mothers sometimes gets? Because it's so stressing with a baby and they just kill it. It almost happends my mother when my oldest sister were a baby and then it happened my oldest sister with her baby. But both got help so their didn't harm they babies in any way.

I think this mother should get help.

You're thinking of Post Natal depression. In can effect a woman at any point after the birth of a child, but more common, I believe, in the first 6 months. If left untreated, it can last months even years in some cases. Unfortunately, it is something that some women may be unsure about going to a doctor for, maybe because they're scared they'll be seen as 'unfit' and worse their child may be taken away, or perhaps they feel/hope their condition isn't worthy of treatment, or that it will go away by itself. I think sometimes it can go away in time, but a more serious case needs proper concern and treatment/therapy. A woman can get lots of support these days.

In this woman's case, however, I think there was more to it than depression. Maybe her depression led her to invest time in the game (as a way to get away from 'real life', which led to severe addiction, which, sadly, led to the extreme actions she took.

CiaKonwerski
30-10-10, 15:22
This is terrible. That woman should get life in my opinion. Who does that? It almost reminds of that boy who killed his mother because she took away his Halo 3 game from him. Crazy people. On the note of talking about FB, I personally like it and I do not think it should be shut down just because of this. If someone were to kill someone over a TR game or something would you want there to be no more TR? I don't think so.

DragonSlayer
30-10-10, 16:23
And people say games like GTA and Manhunt are dangerous and make people go nuts ;)

SnipingPanda
30-10-10, 17:00
I'll cry the next time someone quotes Sharon just to say the same thing. Give her a break, it's her opinion- deal with it.

And that's my opinion. so deal with it (:

Dina_Croft
30-10-10, 17:02
There's thousands of other incidents involving computers. Should we stop making and allowing the use of them?

+1

Catapharact
30-10-10, 17:24
Curious question:

How many people who have said that "facebook needs to be shut down" over this given incident have a facebook account of their own?

robbie_rawr
30-10-10, 17:37

I agree
I've never seen facebook used for anything good.

dizzydoil
30-10-10, 17:39
I don't think Facebook should be shut down- it's just well it isn't for everyone. I dislike it.

And that's my opinion. so deal with it (:

I can see that it is your opinion, and I have dealt with it- like what, 50+ times now? All it takes is for one person to state their opinion- and someone to say I agree. Not for everyone to quote the exact same post pages down the line just to say the same thing.

+1 post count?

lara c. fan
30-10-10, 17:40
I agree

I keep in touch with people from my primary school who I haven't seen in years. I'd say that's kinda good. :p

Catapharact
30-10-10, 17:42
I agree

Actually it started off as a simple collage networking site which allowed students to share personal pictures from collage events and the like with each other. Then it spiraled up to a networking phenomenon on a global scale.

Its an amazing tool for networking, planning out events and the like. However, majority of facebook users don't use the site for constructive reasons.

dizzydoil
30-10-10, 17:44
However, majority of facebook users don't use the site for constructive reasons.

So true. It's the main reason I avoid the place- all it does for me is cause bother. I mean, if I want to keep in touch with friends I'll make sure to ring 'em, or y'know go visit. People still leave the house, right?

lara c. fan
30-10-10, 17:46
So true. It's the main reason I avoid the place- all it does for me is cause bother. I mean, if I want to keep in touch with friends I'll make sure to ring 'em, or y'know go visit. People still leave the house, right?

What if said friends have moved a long way away, or even to the other side of the world? (He was a good friend too... :p)

Dark Lugia 2
30-10-10, 17:48
Curious question:

How many people who have said that "facebook needs to be shut down" over this given incident have a facebook account of their own?

None, haha. :whi:

dizzydoil
30-10-10, 17:50
^ Perhaps because they have had experiences with Facebook that make them have this view or to even just leave, and think nothing more of it?

What if said friends have moved a long way away, or even to the other side of the world? (He was a good friend too... :p)

Phone? Steam? MSN? Skype? Telegraph? Text? Email? I mean, come on, Facebook isn't the only choice to communicate other than going to visit. :o

Catapharact
30-10-10, 18:01
None, haha. :whi:

If this is true, then the paradoxic event loop comes into play here. I for one for instance can't stand MMORPGs. IMO they are truly the devil's creation that have robbed people of their lives :p. I have seen some of my fellow University students come in class looking like zombies since they were up late playing MMORPG games. Ironically enough, farmville can be classified as a sort of MMORPG.

HOWEVER, I have seen people spend their "free time" on MMORPG games wisely and balance it out perfectly with their lives. So while I will never touch any MMORPG type games let alone play it, I don't see a concrete enough reason to ban them.

Alpharaider47
30-10-10, 18:07

Never! :p

See I moved away from friends and so I ended up getting on Facebook to see if i couldn't find them. Ended up finding a lot of people on there that I'd lost touch with, was kinda cool. But then they stopped talking to me and so I really don't go on a whole lot now. I'd go visit a few friends but they either live in another state or overseas :p Makes it difficult.

HURLEYstickmen
30-10-10, 18:09
I agree
Me neither. ;)

robwolf666
30-10-10, 18:13
SOURCE (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8095214/Baby-killed-after-interrupting-his-mothers-Facebook-time.html).
WTF is Farmville?

Sounds like a redneck version of SimCity, lol.

Mad Tony
30-10-10, 18:19
Facebook is just an annoying fad. In 5 years time it wont be half as popular as it is now. I think it's already peaked.

TRfan23
30-10-10, 19:15
If this is true, then the paradoxic event loop comes into play here. I for one for instance can't stand MMORPGs. IMO they are truly the devil's creation that have robbed people of their lives :p. I have seen some of my fellow University students come in class looking like zombies since they were up late playing MMORPG games. Ironically enough, farmville can be classified as a sort of MMORPG.

I have a strong feeling they were playing World of Warcraft. Jeez everyone says it's like the game of God :/

RAID
30-10-10, 20:46
*Presses "Like" on post*

:)

Lizard of Oz
30-10-10, 21:20
I hate Farmville even though I like Facebook. However, people saying they should shut down the game or the site is stupid.

I mean, it's like saying, "OMG someone killed this boy because he interrupted her when she was doing homework! They should stop giving homework all-together." Hmmmm... now that I think about, I would probably be in favor of that argument... :pi:

...ANYWAY, you get the point!

touchthesky
30-10-10, 21:23
Shut down Facebook because one idiot can't seperate life from a stupid game? No. What people need to do is stop being so needy and thinking these games are anything but a bit of fun. I don't play them myself but I know people that panic, cry, scream..whatever..because they can't get onto Farmville to get their crops pressed or whatever. It's pathetic.

GET A REAL ****ING LIFE, MAATE.

DragonSlayer
30-10-10, 21:32
However, majority of facebook users don't use the site for constructive reasons.

That's true remember the facebook campaign that was set up calling for the woman who put the cat in the bin to be killed or was it for her to be put in a bin i forget which it's one or the other.

Dark Lugia 2
30-10-10, 21:46
^ That would be just a user-created facebook group. Its no campaign hehe :p

Azerutan
30-10-10, 22:26
Well, I guess the day some mom kills her child because she wants to play Tomb Raider, people here will also say Tomb Raider should end after that :)

Encore
30-10-10, 22:39
So far, only two people in this thread have said that Facebook should shut down, and one of those people mentioned reasons other than this incident. Yet somehow that became almost the "centerpiece" of this thread. Lol.

ryan91
30-10-10, 22:59
dark secret of fb :O

http://m.friendfeed-media.com/d7c99bf1e8c5452a946262ce104e7ffa565bbeb8

Legend of Lara
30-10-10, 23:15
dark secret of fb :O

http://m.friendfeed-media.com/d7c99bf1e8c5452a946262ce104e7ffa565bbeb8

OMG CONSPIRACY GOVERNMENT MIND CONTROL ILLUMINATI PUPPETS APOCALYPSE!

:yik:

Chocola teapot
30-10-10, 23:16

And 2012....

And Nostradamus.

lara c. fan
30-10-10, 23:17
And 2012....

And Nostradamus.

The MAYANS!

Anubis_AF
31-10-10, 01:46
Hahahahaha ryan! I just KNEW it! Damn...

DgoOdz94
31-10-10, 01:40
o_o

whut?!?!

ryan91
31-10-10, 06:45
:D

ps:

i had to do this :D:

http://i52.************/11u839d.jpg

Dream_Raider
31-10-10, 12:16
Oh......(*^$*@#&$...really....&*%#^@*%&....

I mean, SERIOUSLY??????

rowanlim
31-10-10, 12:20
Crazy woman. I can't believe that she could forsake the child's live over her GAME. Ridiculous.