PDA

View Full Version : YouTube reaches 1 billion subscriptions and counting!

TombOfRaiders
30-10-10, 01:58
Not sure if this should be made into a thread, but oh well, here goes...:D

Early on (we're talking '06 here, people!), the yellow subscribe button made its debut so the latest videos from your favorite channels could make a beeline to your YouTube homepage/eager eyes. Today, the button thatís been immortalized as a throw cushion hits an important landmark: itís been clicked over one billion times. And who was the lucky channel to get that billionth hit? It was MachinimaSports, who are, not coincidentally, on our homepage on Friday.

In fact, there is so much subscription activity that over a billion subscription updates are sent to our users' homepages every week, and 15 YouTube channels have crossed the one million subscriber mark: fred, nigahiga, kassemg, shanedawsonTV, shanedawsonTV2, smosh, universalmusicgroup, machinima, sxephil, mysteryguitarman, davedays, kevjumba, realannoyingorange, raywilliamjohnson, collegehumor and failblog.

Link: http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/10/1-billion-subscriptions-and-counting.html

I kinda like the new widget feature that they've added!

Tony9595
30-10-10, 02:35
Meh, it would be better if there wasn't that "Sub me and I'll sub you" thing. It's just pointless most of the time.

Though I'm glad the annoying orange is mentioned there :D

Legend of Lara
30-10-10, 02:42
Such a shame most of those channels suck.

That goes triple for fred and annoyingorange.

Tommy123
30-10-10, 05:25
Fred is pointless. It pains me to see people with such amazing talent being ignored while a teenage boy runs around screaming and gets tons of money, movie deals, and a rumored TV show....