PDA

View Full Version : The best locals?

lord gaga
31-10-10, 22:36
In which tomb raider game do you think had the best locations to play in?
For me this prize would go to Tr3. I mean the hot indian jungle to the even hotter desert in nevada to the warm beachs and crazy natives on a south pacfic island to running aroung on building and in vents in the cool londen area and then the bitter winds of antartica.:cln: So which do you think has the best locals?

Lemmie
31-10-10, 23:55
I thought this thread was going to be about pubs... :(

lara c. fan
31-10-10, 23:56

I think he meant locales... :p

Catracoth
01-11-10, 00:18
I think he meant locales... :p

Ah beaten to the punch it seems. :p

JonnyT
01-11-10, 00:52
hehe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vZzh8Y8Fo&t=00m27s) http://i53.************/2141t8h.jpg

Out of the TR games that I've played, I believe TRA has the best variety in locales.

Alpharaider47
01-11-10, 00:57
hehe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vZzh8Y8Fo&t=00m27s) http://i53.************/2141t8h.jpg

Out of the TR games that I've played, I believe TRA has the best variety in locales.

:vlol: that was good

I agree, I liked TRA's locales more than any of the others I think. I liked the variety and what they did with each one. The update in graphics and whatnot didn't hurt either :p

TheRCroft
01-11-10, 01:14

Ahahahah :vlol:

Completly agreed :tmb: Anniversary FTW. :p

Ikas90
01-11-10, 02:58
TR3 indeed had great locations! Probably the best ones.

Otherwise, I loved Legend's locations a lot as well.

Liara
01-11-10, 09:41
I read the title as "best lolcats"... And here I was prepared to dig out my favorite meme. :pi:

OT: I'm going with TR2. It has Venice,Tibet, and a freaking green dream world.

aidanmalone
01-11-10, 10:29
I think Tomb raider 3 has the best locations because it had the wider range and also the made the environments look stunning like the South Pacific or Nevada Desert :)

Croft_Original
01-11-10, 12:33

Me too.:) I wonder why there aren't any pubs in TR? After all, Lara's been to London ect.:confused:

OT: I think either TR3 or TR2 would get my vote for the best variety of locations.:)

Croft.

Paperdoll
01-11-10, 12:40
The best locals?

G95tMemFL0k

Croft_Original
01-11-10, 14:06
^Local things, for local people.:vlol::vlol::vlol:

Croft.

Mikky
01-11-10, 15:56
Tomb Raider 3 or Tomb Raider Underworld. Thailand and Mexico are just so beautiful that you don't care that the other levels look boring. :ton:

Super Badnik
01-11-10, 16:04
Tomb Raider: Underworld I think. The environments in that game were breath taking, espically the huge ruins, beauiful landscapes and the atmospheric underworlds. Tomb Raider III comes a very close second.

Afonya
01-11-10, 16:06
TR3 definitely has the best locales. But I like TR1 and TR2 locations too. TR1 because it has Egypt, and TR2 because it has Tibet....TRU's Thailand is one of my favorite locations too. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
01-11-10, 16:25
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the thread was about inns and pubs :p

I'd say Legend... Beautiful Bolivia, busy Japan, Cold Nepal, remote Kazakhstan, traditional England ^_^

larson n natla
01-11-10, 16:55
I'll be honest and say I thought you meant pubs.

Well here you go -

Entire Tomb Raider 1

Venice & China - Tomb Raider 2

India and South Pacific - Tomb Raider 3

Plant room - Tomb Raider AOD (No idea what the actual level is called)

Tokyo & Ghana - Tomb Raider Legend

Thailand - Tomb Raider Underworld (Completely disliked the rest of the levels)

lord gaga
01-11-10, 18:57
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the thread was about inns and pubs :p

I'd say Legend... Beautiful Bolivia, busy Japan, Cold Nepal, remote Kazakhstan, traditional England ^_^

I'm surprised that your the only one who has said legend because to me legend had the 2nd best locations. Sorry about the PUB thing! I was just too lazy to write The best tomb raider locations!:ton:

lara c. fan
01-11-10, 19:27
I'm surprised that your the only one who has said legend because to me legend had the 2nd best locations. Sorry about the PUB thing! I was just too lazy to write The best tomb raider locations!:ton:

Or add a "e" to make it locales... :p

xXhayleyroxXx
01-11-10, 20:03

It does have good locations doesn't it? And don't apologise! xx

lord gaga
01-11-10, 20:11
It does have good locations doesn't it? And don't apologise! xx

Thanks! Also in tomb raider 5. It has a taste of EVERYTHING:cln:. A deserted town, a submarine base and a sub itself,the bottom of the ocean, a dark and dosolate island and a modern building break in. Which is why Tomb raider 5 is now my 3rd favorite!:cln:

xXhayleyroxXx
01-11-10, 20:14
Thanks! Also in tomb raider 5. It has a taste of EVERYTHING:cln:. A deserted town, a submarine base and a sub itself,the bottom of the ocean, a dark and dosolate island and a modern building break in. Which is why Tomb raider 5 is now my 3rd favorite!:cln:

Agreed :tmb: I think all tomb raider's have been diverse in their locations, but some more than others ^_^

larafan25
01-11-10, 20:25
Uhhhmmmm

I want to say TRL, simply because even though some locations repeat themselves, they still manage to feel different.

However TR2 has some dandy locations, but I might have to go with TR3.:/

lord gaga
04-11-10, 20:36
I really like tomb raider 4 as i'm playing it right now and just got to city of the dead but must say all that sand is getting to my head! I really wish that they had other locals! I was so happy for the first 2 levels and the train level for having little to no sand.