PDA

View Full Version : Are you getting KINECT for the 360?

\Tomb Raider/
02-11-10, 14:13
so are you guys getting the kinect for the 360
is it worth it? or is it just a total waste of money?
what are you thoughts on it?

i for one think it looks really fun but i havent tried it, but i think games might get boring soon. and i bet they made it to make " tubby kids or people" more active instead of sitting down all the time

Lukass
02-11-10, 14:17
I want to relax when I am playing games not jump in front of TV. I don't understand why they couldn't create something what doesn't need you to stand. So nope...I am not going to buy the Kinect.

Spong
02-11-10, 14:20
Hell no.

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't deleted the motto my friend & I have for our 360 avatars.

Mine says: Kinect sucks!
His says: Kinect? Why M$, why?

We've had those for months :D

BlackRainbow
02-11-10, 14:20
Nope. I'm perfectly comfortable with the control. D:

scoopy_loopy
02-11-10, 14:25
Hell no. What I like about gaming, is that I can sit down and relax!

Dennis's Mom
02-11-10, 14:27
Heavens no!

Catapharact
02-11-10, 14:27
Oh definitely :D. After trying it out personally, I have to say that its amazing and its fun for parties and get-togethers. Its perfect for casual gamers who aren't really that much into the whole gaming ambiance.

Plus... Its just plain fun!

tomblover
02-11-10, 14:43
It would be good for navigating the dashboard, perhaps, but I don't want/need a KINECT. :p I think it's just a big gimmick.

interstellardave
02-11-10, 14:48
I'm in a "wait and see" mode. If they stick with it no matter if it sells poorly early on (which I think it will) and they maybe lower the price then I will give it a try. IMO they should be selling Kinect at a lower price point just to get it in peoples' homes.

Catapharact
02-11-10, 14:54
I'm in a "wait and see" mode. If they stick with it no matter if it sells poorly early on (which I think it will) and they maybe lower the price then I will give it a try. IMO they should be selling Kinect at a lower price point just to get it in peoples' homes.

That is exactly what Microsoft did with the first Xbox (and lost a LOT of money on that venture) but it was a win for them since the Xbox ended up securing a good market in the VG world and now its has stolen a great deal of market share away from Nintendo and Sony.

Right now however, I think Microsoft is hoping that motion control would be enough of an incentive for people to buy this game.

Scurvy
02-11-10, 14:56
well let alone the kinect, the xbox theme is absolutely disgusting atm which is truly putting me of xbox all together, so no

Love2Raid
02-11-10, 15:13
I'll wait for more user reviews.

interstellardave
02-11-10, 15:21
That is exactly what Microsoft did with the first Xbox (and lost a LOT of money on that venture) but it was a win for them since the Xbox ended up securing a good market in the VG world and now its has stolen a great deal of market share away from Nintendo and Sony.

Right now however, I think Microsoft is hoping that motion control would be enough of an incentive for people to buy this game.

Everyone except Nintendo loses money on hardware... MS has made that up by selling lots of games per system sold.

Like I said quite awhile ago... they should bundle Kinectimals with it, sell it for $99.00 during the holidays, and watch the kids fall in love and parents ante up the cash.

\Tomb Raider/
02-11-10, 16:00
well i was going to pre order one but apparetly they are sold out everywhere online :hea: its going to be just as hard to find just like the Wii

Megalith
02-11-10, 16:23
Hell no.

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't deleted the motto my friend & I have for our 360 avatars.

Mine says: Kinect sucks!
His says: Kinect? Why M$, why?

We've had those for months :D

That's great!I should make a similar one for Move on my PSN account.:D

Seriously though as much as i personally don't find any of these gimmicks interesting,if they manage to bring,keep and spark the interest of new people into games it's all good.

tampi
02-11-10, 16:54
A few days ago I saw a product presentation in a department store.

It was strange to see how to interact and play the game without any physical link.
I found a component with many possibilities. Not for all games or players.

I can not prove, for now, because I have no XBOX.

Hairhelmet12
02-11-10, 17:27
I think it looks fun. I don't see why everyone says he sucks :\

What really sucks is PS3 Move or whatever, I mean Did they just take the EXACT Wii controlers, Paint them black, and stick a big glowing ball on the end of one?! LMFAO.

Lara's home
02-11-10, 17:28
No. I am not getting Kinect.

Lara's Nemesis
02-11-10, 17:42
No,I get bored very quickly playing the type of games that will be released for it.

Will be interesting to see where the technology is in 5/10 years time tho, if they can use it for the more advanced games then it could be really successful.

I do however think the video chat will be good for people who have family/friends around the world.

Lara Fan 4Life
02-11-10, 18:13
Nope, well not right now anyways! Waiting until it drops in price, and when there's actually good games released for it!

interstellardave
02-11-10, 18:23
This is my 3rd post in this topic but that's because I'm intrigued now. I haven't given it much thought but now that it's coming out I'm really interested in seeing it in action or trying it out. Gotta find out if a Best Buy around here has it set up...

larson n natla
02-11-10, 18:53
At first. No.

Maybe next year when there are actual games to use it with not just 'Avatar games' its not like any of my friends are getting it so its pretty useless to me at the moment. Hopefully in the future though.

ggctuk
02-11-10, 18:53
Nope, not gonna get it. I don't need it at all, all games I buy will run fine without it. Besides that my room is tiny :p

DgoOdz94
02-11-10, 19:21
Of course, along with Dance Central. :D

Won't be able to use it until AFTER Christmas because that will be my gift.

Sir Croft
02-11-10, 19:27
No because I'm PC gamer. But if I had a 360, maybe, it depends on the games with Kinect support... I'm not that fond of these gimmicks.

Love2Raid
02-11-10, 19:35
What do guys think about īKinect-related achievementsī in games that donīt necessarily require Kinect to play/complete?

sephiroth99
03-11-10, 00:55
I can't even use it :/ My living room isn't big enough. And I can't even use it at my parents' place, because they use a projector (cant really move in front of the projector heh :S)

TRLegendLuver
03-11-10, 01:00
are you guys getting the kinect for the 360
is it worth it?

No and no.

or is it just a total waste of money?
what are you thoughts on it?

Waste of money.

Paddy
03-11-10, 01:08
Nah probably wont have any good games for it.

PoseidonsDeath
03-11-10, 02:32
I might be getting it, but who knows... The Kinect is sooo expensive.

MattTR
03-11-10, 03:58
Now that I work at GameStop I've got a little discount in my hands, but I'm still considering it. :ton:

Raider4Ever96
03-11-10, 05:10
Have it pre-ordered:jmp:

\Tomb Raider/
03-11-10, 05:15
Have it pre-ordered:jmp:

:hea::mad:

interstellardave
03-11-10, 10:39
I can't even use it :/ My living room isn't big enough. And I can't even use it at my parents' place, because they use a projector (cant really move in front of the projector heh :S)

I use a projector but It really only matters if you have room behind your 360... which I would. Any room large enough to have a projector set-up could likely allow you to use the kinect; we use our Wii with it already... the sensor bar is way out in front (but below the screen) and we just move around to the side of the projector. ;)

irishhips
03-11-10, 10:40
No thank you....I'll stick to good old fashioned controls....

Phlip
03-11-10, 14:56
Even if I did have a 360, I'd never get it. I prefer just relaxing with the controller on my lap. I don't even like the controller having motion sensing or w/e.

Samsdad
03-11-10, 15:28
Picking it up tomorrow.

The technology is IMO where the future is going, particularly for the casual gaming market. No longer having to hold a stick in your hand and remembering which button to push is going to be very attractive to casual users.

The integration to more hard-core gaming is going to be a real challenge for programmers, but when I heard that they were going to put Steel Battalions on the Kinect, I was sold.

MangelinaJolie
03-11-10, 18:12
http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/11/03/xbox-kinect-microsoft-monitor-voice-and-chat-sessions/

Have fun with your big brother cameras. :p

interstellardave
03-11-10, 18:46
I am certain they will only monitor users who have had complaints filed against them... I'm sure they can and will start to monitor regular voice chat too, if someone is reported as being abusive... that's customer service.

This is no different from anything computer or communication related... if you are targeted for "monitoring" by someone in authority, then you will be. In this case, will it be done a lot? Probably not. Will it be used for the wrong reasons, or misused by Microsoft? I doubt it.

tampi
03-11-10, 19:01
I've ever thought about interactivity and big brother.
But I concluded that I don't care too much about what they can know about me

- Viva la revolución!!!:p

If they have to look at the whole world, then would become crazy.

TR FAN 18
03-11-10, 20:16
At the ridiculous price of Ģ129.99, NO! Also, it's another Ģ39.99 for EACH additional game you buy for it. How they expect anyone to pay Ģ40 for Kinectimals is beyond me!

lara c. fan
03-11-10, 20:18
At the ridiculous price of Ģ129.99, NO! Also, it's another Ģ39.99 for EACH additional game you buy for it. How they expect anyone to pay Ģ40 for Kinectimals is beyond me!

Didn't people pay around Ģ40 to get Invisimals for PSP?

Rai
04-11-10, 09:15
My son wants Kinect for Christmas.

Love2Raid
04-11-10, 10:14
http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/11/03/xbox-kinect-microsoft-monitor-voice-and-chat-sessions/

Have fun with your big brother cameras. :p
You can turn those settings off apparently (well thatīs what they are saying in the comments).

BoyTRaider
04-11-10, 10:15
I got it. :jmp:

I've been playing around with the Kinect tonight and I have to admit it did not disappoint!!! :tmb:

It's so precise as far as me pointing towards the screen and messing around with the Kinect Hub.

The voice over is an awesome addition as well. It feels really futurist just telling my Xbox what to do.

I got the X360 250GB Kinect Bundle and so far I am not regretting it one a bit.

Highly Recommend. :)

tranniversary119
04-11-10, 14:32
No. 150$, and to add the 40$ games to that is way out of my budget. Besides, the only good game so far (that I've read) is the Dance Central.

Chocola teapot
04-11-10, 15:22
No.

Catapharact
04-11-10, 15:47
I should be getting mine sometime later today :). Man the midnight launch and Yonge/Dundas square was wild! It was raining so tents had to be set up for people waiting there.

I got it. :jmp:

I've been playing around with the Kinect tonight and I have to admit it did not disappoint!!! :tmb:

It's so precise as far as me pointing towards the screen and messing around with the Kinect Hub.

The voice over is an awesome addition as well. It feels really futurist just telling my Xbox what to do.

I got the X360 250GB Kinect Bundle and so far I am not regretting it one a bit.

Highly Recommend. :)

Ah I knew people will like it if they gave it a try :D.

Catracoth
04-11-10, 16:08
I'll probably pick up Kinect sometime next year.

Hairhelmet12
04-11-10, 16:11
Oooou! I want one! D:

Looks like so much fun, I would probably only get them dance games, cause that Animal game looks dumb, Maybe if i was 12 :p

MangelinaJolie
04-11-10, 16:12
You can turn those settings off apparently (well thatīs what they are saying in the comments).

In that case, I highly recommend that to anyone who buys this.

BoyTRaider
05-11-10, 00:52
I still can't get past saying "Xbox Kinect!" and then "Xbox Play Disc".

Or playing a movie and saying "Xbox rewind" and then "Play". Lol

I did sweat a little bit when playing Kinectic Adventures so I probably won't have to workout quite as much now Lol.
Next game I'm getting will be Dance Central probably. I shall post the embarrassing pictures some of the games took of me later on sometime. Haha.

One thing people keep talking about is the price... Well, considering all the technology that is into it, i.e. Voice recognition, Full Body Motion Sensoring, Sound sensoring, Facial recognition and auto sign in to the user whose face it recognizes, etc etc ; so you can't deny it's a good deal.
Sure, it's more expensive than the PLaystation Move - which is $99.99 for the move bundle - but if you want a second player to come in, you have to buy the extra move wand, which is in itself already up at $49.99 and puts you up at the Kinect price. With the Kinect, you don't have to have other accessories. It just sensors every other person as a different player. The controllers, as you all know, are their bodies and hands.

You can also use the kinect as webcam. A very nice crispy high quality one at that. It's awesome being able to sign on MSN and talk with my friends through Kinect Video. It's crazy once you start thinking of how far technology has come.

I've always been a Sony person, but I now have to say I enjoy my Xbox just as much. :)

lara_bond
05-11-10, 13:35
I will, most likely for Christmas.

After hearing all the great reviews, and falling in love with Dance Central, I really want it. :)

xb4b1x
05-11-10, 13:39
Na

Zelda master
05-11-10, 14:31
I don't even have a 360 to begin with:p

\Tomb Raider/
05-11-10, 14:56
well since online preorder were sold out hopefully i will find one today or tomorrow..ill keep you posted and let you know my thoughts on it and ill take pics and post them asap :D

interstellardave
07-11-10, 01:33
I bought the Kinect along with Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, Dance Central and Kinect Adventures (that one comes with it).

I only just set it up today and played with it for a few hours. Kinectimals is the only game I played so far, but I really enjoyed it a lot. The sensor works perfectly in both recognizing my movements as well as my voice commands--in the case of Kinectimals it's the cat responding. Not having to use a controller, or a pad to walk on, etc, was liberating to say the least... although it still takes a while to get used to.

I can't wait to try out the rest of the games and the other functionality of the Kinect but it's clear to me that it's an impressive piece of hardware. They truly could do some incredible things with it. Even utilize it for so-called "hardcore" games, given the right developer with the right kind of insight and ideas.

Love2Raid
07-11-10, 01:37
Iīve been reading a lot of positive reactions, itīs great that it actually works. :)

I would totally get Kinectimals for my ... niece. :pi:

interstellardave
07-11-10, 01:42
LOL... my niece is going to LOVE Kinectimals when she visits... but I am not embarrassed at all to say that I really like it myself.

Love2Raid
07-11-10, 01:53
:vlol:

Itīs hard for just about anyone to resist the cuteness of a Kinectimal. :D
Iīm most interested in Dance Central though. It looks like it can be a lot of fun and therefore itīs one of the few games that I wouldnīt mind to put a lot of physical energy in. Does it work well and is it challenging enough to actually make you burn some calories? :p

trlestew
07-11-10, 02:02
No I will not buy Kinect as I do not have an X360.
I will not buy the Wii as I do not want one.
And I wll not buy PS Move becasue I can care less.

interstellardave
07-11-10, 02:17
:vlol:

Itīs hard for just about anyone to resist the cuteness of a Kinectimal. :D
Iīm most interested in Dance Central though. It looks like it can be a lot of fun and therefore itīs one of the few games that I wouldnīt mind to put a lot of physical energy in. Does it work well and is it challenging enough to actually make you burn some calories? :p

As I said I haven't tried that one yet, but I am certain that it will make you burn calories... after all you will actually be dancing (or, in my case, trying)!

Dingaling
07-11-10, 03:37
And I wll not buy PS Move becasue I can care less.

What would make you care less? [/pet peeve] :p.

It comes out here on Wednesday so I'll be picking one up then - can't wait to give it a whirl (and move my Xbox 360 into the living room and rearrange the living room so I have enough space to play...)!

ozzman
07-11-10, 03:44
360 is a wast of money in all ways, so no, PS3 FTW

trlestew
07-11-10, 03:45
What would make you care less? [/pet peeve] :p.

It doesn't appeal to me.
It's like...pointless in some aspects. I like aiming my sniper in RE5 with a controller, and If the controls weren't difficult enough in Heavy Rain, and I really dislike the whole rack of casual titles they have going for it.

\Tomb Raider/
08-11-10, 14:59
Well The Kinect Is awsome i bought mine on saturday and played kinect adventures all day on saturday and on sunday i got dance central and let me tell you.. im sore :D its so addictive and its so easy to use. the only down side is that you really do need room to have one.. i can play as one player but if i want to play with someone else i need more room...ill be moving my bed around tonight and c how much room i can get. other than that its great for the young and the old to play with :jmp: i RECKAMEND

SkyPuppy
08-11-10, 15:02
i may possibly be getting the Xbox 360 slim + Kinect from my sister.