PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for me.

Lara's Fan
03-11-10, 01:18
Today while at work i get a call from my ex saying that she's leaving me and what gets me is that there was no explaination why. I thought everything was going great and it just gets to me to know that things can go from good to bad in a matter of minutes. I tried calling her and no dice, heck i even called her mom to find out where she might be but no good, sorry if im rambling on and on but i had to get this out of my system. Thanks for reading this.:o

scoopy_loopy
03-11-10, 01:33
Aw, now I understand the MGC post! :( That sucks. :hug:

Perhaps she's acted on impulse, it might not be too late to save it!

Melonie Tomb Raider
03-11-10, 01:36
Sorry to hear that :( I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Mr.Burns
03-11-10, 01:40
Break ups are never easy. I'm not having a good day myself as this week was supposed to be a week that I had planned for almost six months but now we've gone our separate ways. It still hurts. :-/

Lara's Fan
03-11-10, 01:46
I just can not figure it out, im sitting here thinking about what might of went wrong. I would love to try to save the relationship but it probably wont do any good.:(

Alpharaider47
03-11-10, 01:49
I know how you feel, it ain't easy. :hug: Maybe you didn't do anything at all, maybe there really wasn't anything you could have done? Like scoopy said, maybe you can still save things :) No matter what happens though, try to stay strong!

Melonie Tomb Raider
03-11-10, 01:52
The best advice I can give is to give her space and leave her be unless she tries to contact you. And even then, keep it simple and somewhat distant. She will never want you back if you seem desperate, and even if she doesn't want you back otherwise, it will help you to move on faster. You seem like a really nice person, so don't settle for someone who will toy with your feelings.

remote91
03-11-10, 02:05
Go have a drink

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m372/vampress_zombie_wolf/mpitt2.jpg

Lara's Fan
03-11-10, 02:16
^ Sounds good.:)

Miharu
03-11-10, 02:24
Aww that sucks man. :( Sorry to hear about breaking up, I know it's a cruel and hard thing but just keep your chin up. :hug:

As someone said to you maybe she will come back to you maybe she just needs the space, although I do think in 100% honesty you deserve to know why she has left you but as Melonie said if you keep nagging and begging her to come back you will across as too sad and desperate. But yeah, keep your chin up. :) Maybe it just wasn't meant to be... :)

Lara's Fan
03-11-10, 02:32
Im gonna let it play out and see where it goes.

Rai
03-11-10, 11:05
:( Aww sorry to learn that. Break ups are hard. I feel you deserve an explanation at the very least, but maybe give it some time first. Keep strong, it will get easier.

@Mr Burns, I'm sorry to learn that, that is tough :(.

Love2Raid
03-11-10, 11:10
Oh, that sucks. :o

On one hand itīs good for you to know whatīs going on, because there might still be some way to fix it or if it canīt be fixed anymore, it will make it easier for you to accept it and move on. Living in uncertainty is never pleasant. On the other hand it might be good to not be too pushy, but give her some time like people said earlier in the thread. Itīs hard, itīs confusing. Iīm sorry. :(:hug:

Alive_and_Funky
03-11-10, 11:23
The best advice I can give is to give her space and leave her be unless she tries to contact you. And even then, keep it simple and somewhat distant. She will never want you back if you seem desperate, and even if she doesn't want you back otherwise, it will help you to move on faster. You seem like a really nice person, so don't settle for someone who will toy with your feelings.
Much of what Melonie says is true, but if I were you I would really try to find out why you have been dumped (I know you've been trying that, but I'd recommend that you keep at it). You never know, she might have a good reason that she won't easily share with you.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how long had you been with this person for?

Lara's Fan
03-11-10, 11:24
For about a year.

Ikas90
03-11-10, 11:45

Honestly, this is the word. :tmb:

Women can be very manipulative. This is only a theory, and might not represent the actual situation, but it's likely. She could be toying with you to see how you will cope with being away from her. Women want their men to be strong. The big mistake I kept on making was crawling back to my ex, begging her to take me back. Don't do that. It will show that you are weak and she won't want you.

Show that you're able to move on. Show that you've distanced yourself from her. Eventually she may start trying to converse with you. She might ask you to take her back. Don't do it straight away. It's a test. Make sure it gets to the point that she becomes desperate for you, and then, she will admire the strength you have, and will want you back.

And even if that's the case, you would have to decide for yourself if you'd want a woman who toyed with your feelings. She may be truly sorry, or she may just want you for the big man you are. Just be careful; it's not easy. Love is blind.

But the problem could very well be something else as well. In any case, prepare for the worst and just start trying to move on as soon as you can. It will prepare you for any possible future relationships and your heart will be able to handle much more. You will learn about what you want in a woman. But just keep yourself distant for now and see how it plays out. :tmb:

michaeldt
03-11-10, 11:48
could she have been cheating?

Alive_and_Funky
03-11-10, 15:03
For about a year.
Then you can't exactly not find out what the hell's going on, can you? :p

Although I guess that contradicts the advice other people are giving you, so I suppose it's up to you.

Love is blind.
Surely not true love?

Mr.Burns
03-11-10, 15:17
Honestly, this is the word. :tmb:

Women can be very manipulative. This is only a theory, and might not represent the actual situation, but it's likely. She could be toying with you to see how you will cope with being away from her. Women want their men to be strong. The big mistake I kept on making was crawling back to my ex, begging her to take me back. Don't do that. It will show that you are weak and she won't want you.

Show that you're able to move on. Show that you've distanced yourself from her. Eventually she may start trying to converse with you. She might ask you to take her back. Don't do it straight away. It's a test. Make sure it gets to the point that she becomes desperate for you, and then, she will admire the strength you have, and will want you back.

And even if that's the case, you would have to decide for yourself if you'd want a woman who toyed with your feelings. She may be truly sorry, or she may just want you for the big man you are. Just be careful; it's not easy. Love is blind.

But the problem could very well be something else as well. In any case, prepare for the worst and just start trying to move on as soon as you can. It will prepare you for any possible future relationships and your heart will be able to handle much more. You will learn about what you want in a woman. But just keep yourself distant for now and see how it plays out. :tmb:

How is it someone so crazy as yourself can have such a mature outlook on life? :p :tmb:

Mikky
03-11-10, 15:36
Maybe she's afraid of commitment. =/ I think there's a phobia name for that, don't what it is, though. Don't worry, we're here to help you get through this difficult time! :hug:

Keir_Eidos
03-11-10, 15:54
That sucks :(

Good luck mate. Maybe she wasn't the one and it is for the best that it happened now rather than later.

Either way, keep yourself busy if you can to take your mind off it.

jackles
03-11-10, 16:59
pfft not all women are manipulative.

Sometimes people misread signs and while you think all is lovely the other person is rolling their eyes inwardly at everything you do. One thing I have learnt in life is you can't force someone to love you. So let them go and move on.

Avalon SARL
03-11-10, 17:04

Yes, my thoughts exactly

Go have a drink

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m372/vampress_zombie_wolf/mpitt2.jpg

^ Sounds good.:)

No, it is not:p

Alive_and_Funky
03-11-10, 18:45
Oh yeah? :p

Chocola teapot
03-11-10, 18:56
Awww.

Sorry 'bout that. </3

:(

ajrich17901
03-11-10, 19:09

Sometimes people misread signs and while you think all is lovely the other person is rolling their eyes inwardly at everything you do. One thing I have learnt in life is you can't force someone to love you. So let them go and move on.

Exactly, I say let her go and move on as hard as it is, it'll be for the better anyway.

Alive_and_Funky
03-11-10, 19:16
Exactly, I say let her go and move on as hard as it is, it'll be for the better anyway.
But what if she's left him because she believes he is better off without her or something like that? You never know. :p

If I happened to be with someone for a year or so and they just ditched me without any explanation, I wouldn't be prepared to just forget about them. I'd want to know what the hell was going on, as a year is quite a while really. I'd struggle to let go as I wouldn't even know what went wrong. However, if I knew what went wrong, then perhaps I would be able to let go (or maybe even fix things).

ajrich17901
03-11-10, 19:27
But what if she's left him because she believes he is better off without her or something like that? You never know. :p

If I happened to be with someone for a year or so and they just ditched me without any explanation, I wouldn't be prepared to just forget about them. I'd want to know what the hell was going on, as a year is quite a while really. I'd struggle to let go as I wouldn't even know what went wrong. However, if I knew what went wrong, then perhaps I would be able to let go (or maybe even fix things).

Well personally for me I've had so many people come in and out of my life over the years that when someone just walks away it doesn't hurt. Its different for everyone I guess.

FourBalls
03-11-10, 19:46
Oh yeah? :p
No they're not.

the_legend
03-11-10, 21:55

they are probably right. i wasnt lucky either. with my sixteen years i had like more bad luck in love as my mum which is 40 now.i tried to get my exboyfriend back , in the end it doesnt even worked. i just hurted myself with it. go on and try to getover it. but that doesnt mean that you cant be sad at first time. sometimes self-pity is the most succesful medicine:).

Catracoth
03-11-10, 21:57
Best of luck with this.
Just remember, there's always someone out there who has it worse. :hug:

Lara's home
03-11-10, 21:58
She broke up over the phone? lol

robm_2007
03-11-10, 23:00
Best of luck with this.
Just remember, there's always someone out there who has it worse. :hug:

Except for the one person, who has it worse than anyone else :pi:

Lara's Fan
04-11-10, 01:25
Thanks for all of the support guys,
she called me this morning telling me why she wanted to break up, so heres the story. Something to do with holding her back and feeling like the relationship is going nowhere which i really didnt get but i finally told her that we both need to move on.

Alive_and_Funky
04-11-10, 06:55
Well personally for me I've had so many people come in and out of my life over the years that when someone just walks away it doesn't hurt. Its different for everyone I guess.
I've never really had a girlfriend, so...

No they're not.
Come on, Beer-Git. You know me; I was only joking. :p

Around half of my friends are girls. :cool:

sometimes self-pity is the most succesful medicine:).
And sometimes it can help make you rich and famous. :p

Thanks for all of the support guys,
she called me this morning telling me why she wanted to break up, so heres the story. Something to do with holding her back and feeling like the relationship is going nowhere which i really didnt get but i finally told her that we both need to move on.
The break-up sounds rather amicable now. XD

Glad to see you're okay with things now though. :)

Lara's Fan
04-11-10, 13:15
Im trying.
thanks again everyone.