PDA

View Full Version : Bonfire Night!

moodydog
05-11-10, 21:57
Happy Bonfire Night to all you brits out there!! :D :D

robbie_rawr
05-11-10, 22:00
I'm not a fan any mor.e XD When i was a kid I liked it... until I burned my hand on a sparkler.
:pi:

Happy bonfire night anyway! :D

xXhayleyroxXx
05-11-10, 22:03
:jmp:

I'm going to a fireworks display we have in the market town each year -- they go all out and have a huge effigy of Guy Fawkes with some form of monument behind him. I used to be really scared of it!
http://www.hexhamcommunity.net/media/bonfire.jpg
Look how evil and manic that smile is :p

Alive_and_Funky
05-11-10, 22:06
I still don't understand the whole premise behind Bonfire Night. We celebrate the Houses of Parliament not being blown up by starting fires and launching rockets into the sky? :confused:

Ah well. Happy Bonfire Night anyway. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
05-11-10, 22:09
I still don't understand the whole premise behind Bonfire Night. We celebrate the Houses of Parliament not being blown up by starting fires and launching rockets into the sky? :confused:

Yeah the idea behind it is weird isn't it?

igonge
05-11-10, 22:10
I don't celebrate it. It's quite irritating when all the families around you, do.

MangelinaJolie
05-11-10, 22:12
I'm American, but I'm going to be watching V for Vendetta tonight. :p

moodydog
05-11-10, 22:14

Is it that though... I read this...

'Some of the English have been known to wonder, in a tongue in cheek kind of way, whether they are celebrating Fawkes' execution or honoring his attempt to do away with the government.'

:)

TombOfRaiders
05-11-10, 22:16
I've literally out-stocked ASDA of fireworks. Going to be setting them off tomorrow night. Apparently one of them is supposed to depict an image of Satan in the sky, which will be very interesting.

DragonSlayer
05-11-10, 22:18
Happy Bonfire Night to all you brits out there!! :D :D

Haven't been to a bonfire in years sadly we don't have them anymore where i live houses were built on the field that we used for bonfires, that field was there for years and it was sad to see it go. :mad: It was there so long it felt like it belonged to us.

xXhayleyroxXx
05-11-10, 22:18
I've literally out-stocked ASDA of fireworks. Going to be setting them off tomorrow night. Apparently one of them is supposed to depict an image of Satan in the sky, which will be very interesting.

Bloody hell! Be careful! :O

moodydog
05-11-10, 22:20

tommorow :o are you allowed to outside of BFnight?

and good 'ald asda.!

TombOfRaiders
^ Yes, of course. People set off days after and before. :D

Bloody hell! Be careful! :O

Be careful of what? :p It's not as if I'm going to strap myself to a firework!

Underworld2008
I don't celebrate it. It's quite irritating when all the families around you, do.

My thoughts exactly hahaa Though I remember when I was a kid, i loved them. So I understand when families do it i guess. I just worry about the wildlife and what not :(

aidanmalone
05-11-10, 22:25
I went to a nice fireworks display in the town centre :D
Certainly cheered me up

xXhayleyroxXx
05-11-10, 22:29
Be careful of what? :p It's not as if I'm going to strap myself to a firework!

You might burn yourself :( People get the most horrific injuries from fireworks. Seriously, just watch yourself. Will your mum or someone be there?

Lara's Nemesis
05-11-10, 22:35
^ Yes, of course. People set off days after and before. :D

Seems like weeks before and after where I live, pesky kids.:p

Joely-Moley
06-11-10, 00:01
I'm glad it's nearly over, I'm really not really a fan of this day.

I'm fine with organised public displays, but I hate the idea of any random idiot being able to get a hold of fireworks, not to mention all my animals go crazy.

Case and point when I was round at the shop earlier there was some people setting them off in their front garden, then for some reason someone across the road fired one at them. So then this starting into a match of shooting fireworks at each other across a road where people were walking. :hea:

Neteru
06-11-10, 00:07
It's like christmas for me, so bah humbug. :p

robbie_rawr
06-11-10, 00:18
Its finally over...