Tomb Raider Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVggGmzAH0w
Tomb Raider Anniversary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnVL_1GXDJs
Tomb Raider Underworld
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8vwJRUedU
-------------

you know how it works :p

Legend and Underworld had the worst endings without a doubt.

TheRCroft
06-11-10, 18:26
I think all the endings are good, but I found the TR3 ending nothing special.

btw, it's Last Revelation :p

Rai
06-11-10, 18:27
Probably TR3 to be honest. Just that little bit too action packed for my liking and then there's the helicopter guy incident.

I'm not that keen on the AoD ending either.

DgoOdz94
06-11-10, 18:28
Underworld - You don't spend THREE games to end it like THAT.

Tomb Raider 3 - So... What was the point of traveling the world, shooting innocent animals/humans, and dying so many times?

Killercowz
06-11-10, 18:30
Underworld, Legend, and The Last Revelation.

A.JJ.G
06-11-10, 18:35
TR3 hands down. I'm sorry, but it should have had a slightly less action-y ending - even if they added a brief ten seconds of her landing at home, and smiling at the camera, it would have been good (cheesy) but good.

(Although, Legend comes in at a close second. Too dramatic. You lost me at "WHERE." BAM "IS." BAM "MY." BAM "MOTHER!?")

tranniversary119
06-11-10, 18:48
Tomb Raider 3, definitely.

larafan25
06-11-10, 19:05
TR3 or TRC.

Best ending goes to TRU and legend.

Tombraiderx08
06-11-10, 21:54
It's between Legend and Chonicles for me.

xb4b1x
06-11-10, 21:56
Legend

Vinkula
06-11-10, 21:59
TR3 or TRC.

Best ending goes to TRU and legend.

:tmb:

I say TR3 too =)

Ward Dragon
06-11-10, 22:10
I'd say Legend had the worst ending. I hate how unstable and vicious Lara seems (Amanda was defenseless on her knees and Lara completely goes off on her and starts shooting right near her head, then after having murdered her boyfriend, destroyed her dreams, and completely humiliated her, Lara just knocks her out and leaves her there as if she's not expecting that Amanda could possibly want revenge...makes no damned sense). Not to mention the game ends without answering any questions and leaves the story on a cliff-hanger for three years.

My favorite TR ending is TR2. It still makes me laugh, and I like that it shows Lara has an edge and won't let anyone take advantage of her (not even the player).

tomblover
06-11-10, 22:23
Legend, for the reasons Ward Dragon cared to state above. :p

Phlip
06-11-10, 22:27
Legend, because Lara's a ****ing idiot for being such a pussy and not killing Amanda, and the fact that it's a cliffhanger.

Underworld because of the cheese-fest. "Goodbye, mother" eeeeeeeeehhhh cringe!

Spong
06-11-10, 22:43
I can't even remember AoD's ending, so it must be the worst.

Mad Tony
06-11-10, 22:51
What's so bad about TR III's ending? :confused:

Personally I'd say Underworld or Legend's, but they're not Tomb Raider games to me and I don't remember AoD's ending so I'd say probably TR I's.

Chocola teapot
06-11-10, 23:13

Personally I'd say Underworld or Legend's, but they're not Tomb Raider games to me and I don't remember AoD's ending so I'd say probably TR I's.

I can't beleive I'm going to agree with you on something... :pi:

But THIS.

trXD
06-11-10, 23:22
I really love AOD, but the ending was terrible. Oh, so the mysterious killer who has been driving the plot for the past fifteen hours is a character I haven't even met before? Why should I care then?

The ending was just a mess all over, Karel revealed himself as Kurtis, and yet soon after his shuriken leads Lara, suggesting this is not the case. The sleeper is shown and then immediately killed. In short, they introduced a whole chunk of the "plot" and then expected us to care immediately just as it is about to be concluded, it's overwhelming, and not in a good way, in a "ummmm, okayyyyyy" way.

(Amanda was defenseless on her knees and Lara completely goes off on her and starts shooting right near her head, then after having murdered her boyfriend, destroyed her dreams, and completely humiliated her, Lara just knocks her out and leaves her there as if she's not expecting that Amanda could possibly want revenge...makes no damned sense).

Lara kept her alive because she was a major lead to finding out more about avalon, if all other sources failed, she said this in underworld :p

aidanmalone
06-11-10, 23:33
Tomb Raider 3 has the worst ending for me :(

Ward Dragon
06-11-10, 23:38
I really love AOD, but the ending was terrible. Oh, so the mysterious killer who has been driving the plot for the past fifteen hours is a character I haven't even met before? Why should I care then?

The ending was just a mess all over, Karel revealed himself as Kurtis, and yet soon after his shuriken leads Lara, suggesting this is not the case. The sleeper is shown and then immediately killed. In short, they introduced a whole chunk of the "plot" and then expected us to care immediately just as it is about to be concluded, it's overwhelming, and not in a good way, in a "ummmm, okayyyyyy" way.

Karel wasn't Kurtis. He was lying to Lara to try to gain her trust.

Lara kept her alive because she was a major lead to finding out more about avalon, if all other sources failed, she said this in underworld :p

And of course that worked out so well, didn't it? :p It seemed really stupid for Lara to just leave her there. Take her into custody and interrogate her, fine, but don't treat her like absolute crap and make sure she hates you and then let her go free :vlol: I did notice the journal entry in TRU, and I appreciated that they tried to explain it in a better light, but it still felt like backtracking and trying to cover up mistakes from the previous game.

trXD
06-11-10, 23:42
Karel wasn't Kurtis. He was lying to Lara to try to gain her trust.

Oh I know, I'm just saying how the ending wasn't solid at all, it implies two contrasting things, leaving the player to guess on something they would ultimately never find out.

And of course that worked out so well, didn't it? :p It seemed really stupid for Lara to just leave her there. Take her into custody and interrogate her, fine, but don't treat her like absolute crap and make sure she hates you and then let her go free :vlol: I did notice the journal entry in TRU, and I appreciated that they tried to explain it in a better light, but it still felt like backtracking and trying to cover up mistakes from the previous game.

Why did you quote me as ashnod? xD

I definitely wouldn't call it a mistake. She didn't do what she did just for the sake of it, humiliating Amanda and such, it was the only way for her to get information, if she hadn't forced that out of her all she could have done is walk away with no idea of what to do next. As for the interrogation thing, I dunno, abduction and interrogation doesn't seem very Lara Croft, I'm glad she pursued it on her own instead of having Amanda hold her hand throughout.

spyrostr
06-11-10, 23:43
well for me tomb raider 5 had the worst ending cause it felt like that in the next game they were gonna show us how Lara survived from the great pyramid and instead of that they ruined her...:ton:

Smog
06-11-10, 23:44
Why all the hate for TR3's ending? For me, it's one of the best.

Legend's is pretty terrible though, mainly because I couldn't quite believe how soon after the beginning it came.

Ward Dragon
06-11-10, 23:56
Oh I know, I'm just saying how the ending wasn't solid at all, it implies two contrasting things, leaving the player to guess on something they would ultimately never find out.

But we got to play as Kurtis. We knew he was Lux Veritatis, not Nephilim. I didn't think there was any question that Karel was lying.

Why did you quote me as ashnod? xD

I apologize. I was replying to her in another thread and I accidentally pasted the wrong quote tag here XD I've fixed it now :)

I definitely wouldn't call it a mistake. She didn't do what she did just for the sake of it, humiliating Amanda and such, it was the only way for her to get information, if she hadn't forced that out of her all she could have done is walk away with no idea of what to do next. As for the interrogation thing, I dunno, abduction and interrogation doesn't seem very Lara Croft, I'm glad she pursued it on her own instead of having Amanda hold her hand throughout.

It still paints Lara out to be someone who is self-centered and doesn't plan ahead. She either honestly doesn't consider that Amanda could hate her for what she's done (in which case she's full of herself and overestimates her likability) or else she simply doesn't care if Amanda tries to kill her in the future (which is foolish and short-sighted). For example, she stole Amanda's wraith stone, let Amanda go free, and then acted indignant and surprised that Amanda would want to take it back from her manor. Is she really that oblivious? I just don't like how childish and naive it makes Lara seem.

trXD
07-11-10, 00:03
But we got to play as Kurtis. We knew he was Lux Veritatis, not Nephilim. I didn't think there was any question that Karel was lying.

I don't really understand how either of those prove anything, he said he was Lux Veritatis yes, but he could have been lieing all along which was what the ending implied. Surely a Nephilim would be able to do the stuff Kurtis did.

It still paints Lara out to be someone who is self-centered and doesn't plan ahead. She either honestly doesn't consider that Amanda could hate her for what she's done (in which case she's full of herself and overestimates her likability) or else she simply doesn't care if Amanda tries to kill her in the future (which is foolish and short-sighted). For example, she stole Amanda's wraith stone, let Amanda go free, and then acted indignant and surprised that Amanda would want to take it back from her manor. Is she really that oblivious? I just don't like how childish and naive it makes Lara seem.

There was no decision about it though, hurting Amanda was the only thing she could have done at the end of legend, otherwise absolutely nothing would have happened. She had to do what she did, and she had to let her go because no matter how much she interrogated her she wouldn't kill her.

I never saw Lara acting indignant and surprised at Amanda attacking back, I saw her surprised when her house exploded and a replica of herself killed someone (funnily enough).

She had to hurt Amanda to get the information she needed, Amanda was always going to strike back but Lara would never have killed her, so there was just no other option but to be as prepared as possible.

t-raider26
07-11-10, 00:05
Underworld and TR4

Ward Dragon
07-11-10, 00:15
I don't really understand how either of those prove anything, he said he was Lux Veritatis yes, but he could have been lieing all along which was what the ending implied. Surely a Nephilim would be able to do the stuff Kurtis did.

But Kurtis does Lux Veritatis stuff when it's just us and him :p Lara was locked in a glass tube so there would be no reason for Karel to continue a Kurtis charade once he's out of her sight. Maybe I'm biased in favor of identifying with whichever character I am playing as, but I feel that if there's no one else around to lie to, then whatever the character does for the player is the truth.

I never saw Lara acting indignant and surprised at Amanda attacking back, I saw her surprised when he house exploded and a replica of herself killed someone (funnily enough).

This is what I meant. She had murdered Amanda's boyfriend, ruined Amanda's lifelong dream to find Avalon, abused and humiliated her, and stolen the pendant that had saved Amanda's life after Lara gave her up for dead in Peru. Did she really truly not believe that Amanda would want revenge?

As a general rule, it's a terrible idea to get people really angry if she plans to let them live :p If she knew that she wouldn't kill Amanda, then she should have treated Amanda better. Or perhaps she should have gone along with the "good girl" image that the game keeps forcing on us and turned Amanda over to "the authorities" for hiring mercenaries and trying to murder Anaya. There were plenty of options open to Lara, so it makes absolutely no sense why she'd go out of her way to anger Amanda and then let her go free without even putting any surveillance on her.

trXD
07-11-10, 00:37
But Kurtis does Lux Veritatis stuff when it's just us and him :p Lara was locked in a glass tube so there would be no reason for Karel to continue a Kurtis charade once he's out of her sight. Maybe I'm biased in favor of identifying with whichever character I am playing as, but I feel that if there's no one else around to lie to, then whatever the character does for the player is the truth.

I always assumed Kurtis was the camouflage for whenever he was doing something that he didn't want any of his "colleagues" to know, crawling around those facilities seemed like one of them. As for the Lux Veritatas powers, we don't know much about the Lux Veritatas or the Nephilim, so neither of us can say what either one is capable of in terms of what he did.

This is what I meant. She had murdered Amanda's boyfriend, ruined Amanda's lifelong dream to find Avalon, abused and humiliated her, and stolen the pendant that had saved Amanda's life after Lara gave her up for dead in Peru. Did she really truly not believe that Amanda would want revenge?

As a general rule, it's a terrible idea to get people really angry if she plans to let them live :p If she knew that she wouldn't kill Amanda, then she should have treated Amanda better. Or perhaps she should have gone along with the "good girl" image that the game keeps forcing on us and turned Amanda over to "the authorities" for hiring mercenaries and trying to murder Anaya. There were plenty of options open to Lara, so it makes absolutely no sense why she'd go out of her way to anger Amanda and then let her go free without even putting any surveillance on her.

Yeah, like I have already said twice, hurting Amanda was the only way she could proceed, she got all the information she could out of her by being interrogating, anymore and Amanda wouldn't have said anything, "You'll never understand, I'm wasting my breath".

Handing her over to the authorities would have been useless, she needed Amanda to stay alive in case her plan (which unfolded to a scuba dive in the sea and such) didn't lead anywhere. She couldn't have got rid of the one person who knew everything.

Are you suggesting she should have killed Amanda? Or handed her over to the police? Either way its a lose for Lara. And if your suggesting she shouldn't have been so mean in the first place, what else could she have done to get that dire information out of her? Asked her politely? Lara's journey had just come to an abrupt end with the dias leading nowhere and she needed to know what to do next, so yes hurting Amanda was necessary.

Bottom line, she couldn't have gotten rid of Amanda because she was the only one alive who knew everything, and she couldn't have not hurt her in the first place because the whole point of that confrontation was that Lara forced out from Amanda that "Avalon was real" which lead lara to pursue her fathers studies, who also believed avalon was real.

Lara's home
07-11-10, 00:38
Tr3.

Legend of Lara
07-11-10, 00:47
TR3. Poor Man in Helicopter #4. :'(

Ward Dragon
07-11-10, 00:51
I always assumed Kurtis was the camouflage for whenever he was doing something that he didn't want any of his "colleagues" to know, crawling around those facilities seemed like one of them. As for the Lux Veritatas powers, we don't know much about the Lux Veritatas or the Nephilim, so neither of us can say what either one is capable of in terms of what he did.

Well, I had assumed that Kurtis was his own separate person and then afterwards some interviews confirmed it so I guess I took it for granted. I'll concede that the game was definitely unfinished and they really should have fleshed the story out better, and if they had done so then it probably wouldn't be ambiguous enough that we have such different interpretations about what actually happened for such an important plot point :p

And if your suggesting she shouldn't have been so mean in the first place, what else could she have done to get that dire information out of her? Asked her politely? Lara's journey had just come to an abrupt end with the dias leading nowhere and she needed to know what to do next, so yes hurting Amanda was necessary.

It really wasn't necessary to hurt Amanda. Lara didn't even try to ask politely. She just went off yelling and screaming at Amanda which is why Amanda rightly said she'd be wasting her breath if she tried to explain what had just happened. All throughout the game, Lara never once asked Amanda what she was doing or what she wanted. At first Lara was begging to work together because she couldn't stand the idea that Amanda might not like her, then once Lara had the upper hand she went into rage mode and threatened to kill anyone who objected to her using the dais despite that she had no idea what she was doing and Amanda did.

If she had asked these questions before threatening to kill Amanda, murdering her boyfriend, and blowing up the dais then maybe the whole crisis could have been averted :p Of course Amanda didn't know what the dais actually did because Natla had been lying to her, but if Lara had thought to ask the question about where Amanda got her information, she'd know not to trust it.

trXD
07-11-10, 01:12
Well, I had assumed that Kurtis was his own separate person and then afterwards some interviews confirmed it so I guess I took it for granted. I'll concede that the game was definitely unfinished and they really should have fleshed the story out better, and if they had done so then it probably wouldn't be ambiguous enough that we have such different interpretations about what actually happened for such an important plot point :p

Wait, what? So they did confirm that kurtis is a seperate person? That's what I asked you in the beginning -.-

ZOMGUWASTEDMATYM

I guess if it has been confirmed then it can't be interpreted different ways.

It really wasn't necessary to hurt Amanda. Lara didn't even try to ask politely. She just went off yelling and screaming at Amanda which is why Amanda rightly said she'd be wasting her breath if she tried to explain what had just happened. All throughout the game, Lara never once asked Amanda what she was doing or what she wanted. At first Lara was begging to work together because she couldn't stand the idea that Amanda might not like her, then once Lara had the upper hand she went into rage mode and threatened to kill anyone who objected to her using the dais despite that she had no idea what she was doing and Amanda did.

If she had asked these questions before threatening to kill Amanda, murdering her boyfriend, and blowing up the dais then maybe the whole crisis could have been averted :p Of course Amanda didn't know what the dais actually did because Natla had been lying to her, but if Lara had thought to ask the question about where Amanda got her information, she'd know not to trust it.

She had no reason to ask Amanda what was happening before that scene, how could Lara have know that Amanda was looking for the dias for any huge reason? Amanda was an archeologist working with Rutland, and that was that, until the dias turned out to be a portal to the scene of her mothers death, and Lara finds out Amanda played a part in it.

Of course she would confront Amanda on what she just did, "All these years I blamed myself, and it was you, you killed her!" and then Amanda said "she's not dead" which all of a sudden told Lara that Amanda knew more than she did, before that she didn't know Amanda had anything to do with her mother, they just happened to be looking for the same artifact.

Technically, after the dramatic "You killed her!" "She's not dead!" scenario, she could have calmed down immediately and asked politely what was going on instead of forcing the truth out of her in a very degrading way but... that wouldn't have made any sense. How could you halt a scene like that, after such a story turn, how could everything revert to calmness in an instant.

If your saying that Lara had the chance to ask her before the last scene, I disagree, because there was nothing to ask at that point. But if your saying that Lara should have politely asked Amanda what was going on so as not to get her angry, after a huge confrontation about her mothers death... I don't know what to say to that, technically she could have, but that would have been crap and completely dumb.

Ward Dragon
07-11-10, 01:25
Wait, what? So they did confirm that kurtis is a seperate person? That's what I asked you in the beginning -.-

ZOMGUWASTEDMATYM

Oh, sorry. I thought you were arguing that within the game itself it wasn't clear and that made the game's ending bad.

I guess if it has been confirmed then it can't be interpreted different ways.

Sure it can :) As far as I'm concerned, if it didn't actually happen in the game then it's not canon.

She had no reason to ask Amanda what was happening before that scene, how could Lara have know that Amanda was looking for the dias for any huge reason?

This is exactly my point -- Lara doesn't know why Amanda is interested in the dais. Why doesn't it ever occur to Lara to ask? Lara should know that Amanda didn't have a mother mysteriously disappear through a portal since they were college friends and all, so she never considered that Amanda must have a different reason for being interested in the daises? And that maybe Amanda knew something that she didn't? Even if Lara really is such a self-centered jerk that she only cares about solving her own problems, it's counter-productive to her own goals to completely ignore the obvious and not try to find out what's going on before she blindly rushes in head-first without any idea what she's doing.

Tommy123
07-11-10, 01:28
Underworld...sorta

Some parts were good however it ended super quick and nothing climatic or special

trXD
07-11-10, 01:34
This is exactly my point -- Lara doesn't know why Amanda is interested in the dais. Why doesn't it ever occur to Lara to ask? Lara should know that Amanda didn't have a mother mysteriously disappear through a portal since they were college friends and all, so she never considered that Amanda must have a different reason for being interested in the daises? And that maybe Amanda knew something that she didn't? Even if Lara really is such a self-centered jerk that she only cares about solving her own problems, it's counter-productive to her own goals to completely ignore the obvious and not try to find out what's going on before she blindly rushes in head-first without any idea what she's doing.

Did she ever even get the chance to ask? She met with Amanda in Kazakhstan, and was simply trying to apologize for what she did and ask for her partnership, surely it makes sense to make sure you are at least on good enough terms that she isn't trying to kill you before asking why she is interested in the dias. Not "Oi! Amanda, what's the deal with you and that thing?". It wasn't a case of that, I'm sure Lara felt she needed to get the 'Left-her-to-bury-and-die' thing out the way before asking her any questions, that makes perfect sense. You can't go up to someone you have a huge unfortunate unresolved history with and immediately talk about something else.

She never got the chance to push Amanda on that, she just kept throwing grenades and unleashing monsters every time Lara talked to her, until they finally got some concrete conversation time at the end.

Ward Dragon
07-11-10, 01:41
Did she ever even get the chance to ask? She met with Amanda in Kazakhstan, and was simply trying to apologize for what she did and ask for her partnership, surely it makes sense to make sure you are at least on good enough terms that she isn't trying to kill you before asking why she is interested in the dias. Not "Oi! Amanda, what's the deal with you and that thing?". It wasn't a case of that, I'm sure Lara felt she needed to get the 'Left-her-to-bury-and-die' thing out the way before asking her any questions, that makes perfect sense. You can't go up to someone you have a huge unfortunate unresolved history with and immediately talk about something else.

She never got the chance to push Amanda on that, she just kept throwing grenades and unleashing monsters every time Lara talked to her, until they finally got some concrete conversation time at the end.

Right at the start of the final level, Lara had the sword and Amanda was obviously afraid of her ("Stop! I don't want anything bad to happen but it will if you come any closer!"). That was the perfect time to ask Amanda what she was doing there, what she wanted, what the dais did, etc. But instead of pressing her advantage, Lara simply attacked first. She had a great opportunity to find out what Amanda knew and she threw it away.

TheRCroft
07-11-10, 01:46
Underworld...sorta

Some parts were good however it ended super quick and nothing climatic or special

Exactly. Especially for an end of a trilogy.

trXD
07-11-10, 01:46
Right at the start of the final level, Lara had the sword and Amanda was obviously afraid of her ("Stop! I don't want anything bad to happen but it will if you come any closer!"). That was the perfect time to ask Amanda what she was doing there, what she wanted, what the dais did, etc. But instead of pressing her advantage, Lara simply attacked first. She had a great opportunity to find out what Amanda knew and she threw it away.

It would have been really stupid for Lara to trust Amanda and her army of henchman after everything that had happened, there was no chance of talking to Amanda at that point and Lara knew it. She did the thing that makes sense and struck the army to the floor without a moments hesitation, as to not leave herself vulnerable for a second. Having said that, she was vulnerable when she was on the zip, but that's fiction isn't it? They couldn't have written around that.

Johnnay
07-11-10, 01:48

Ikr. TR3 wasnt bad. Why is it even that bad for so much people

I would say Underworlds because it wasnt a finished ending and AOD because it wasnt finished too and TR2 because the 10-15 second ending is just.... No

Love2Raid
07-11-10, 02:00
TR-III´s ending.

Ward Dragon
07-11-10, 02:17
It would have been really stupid for Lara to trust Amanda and her army of henchman after everything that had happened, there was no chance of talking to Amanda at that point and Lara knew it. She did the thing that makes sense and struck the army to the floor without a moments hesitation, as to not leave herself vulnerable for a second.

There was no chance of talking to Amanda because Lara made it so. If Lara really didn't care about Amanda or finding out anything about her, then fine, but in that case Lara should have just killed her. Lara can't have it both ways. She can't act like a heartless ***** one minute and then try to be a merciful goody-two-shoes the next. That kind of inconsistency is really aggravating to watch, and it leads to scenarios that bite her in the ass later :p

Having said that, she was vulnerable when she was on the zip, but that's fiction isn't it? They couldn't have written around that.

Two words: helicopter gunship :pi:

Ikr. TR3 wasnt bad. Why is it even that bad for so much people

I think it's because they made Lara seem really vicious and bloodthirsty, which seemed a bit extreme compared to how she was in TR1-2.

trXD
07-11-10, 02:32
There was no chance of talking to Amanda because Lara made it so. If Lara really didn't care about Amanda or finding out anything about her, then fine, but in that case Lara should have just killed her. Lara can't have it both ways. She can't act like a heartless ***** one minute and then try to be a merciful goody-two-shoes the next. That kind of inconsistency is really aggravating to watch, and it leads to scenarios that bite her in the ass later :p

The situation changed at the end though, Lara found out that Amanda was the cause of Amelia's death and that she knew more but wouldn't say, this is why she was kept alive, if not she may well have been killed.

trlestew
07-11-10, 02:35
...Tomb Raider III.

It was so uncalled for.

Ward Dragon
07-11-10, 02:39
The situation changed at the end though, Lara found out that Amanda was the cause of Amelia's death and that she knew more but wouldn't say, this is why she was kept alive, if not she may well have been killed.

In this case Lara should have actually interrogated her. If she did want to find out what Amanda knew, she could have easily gotten Amanda to talk. She shouldn't have let her go free (or at the very least she should have put surveillance on Amanda so that she could keep track of what Amanda was doing). It makes no sense to acknowledge that someone has vital information and then simply knock her out and walk away, letting her go off on her own to plot revenge :p

the ancient
07-11-10, 08:04
Don't forget Amanda broke into Lara's home and stole a headset

A HEADSET people :mad:

tonyme
07-11-10, 08:10
Worst ending for me would have to be UNDERWORLD. It was so disappointing. After a trilogy, such a bland ending was so not what I had in mind...

Also, the TRIII ending was umm... okaaaaaaaaaaay.

Legend 4ever
07-11-10, 09:22
Honestly, TR1. lol No music and not stunning at all.

lord gaga
07-11-10, 09:30
I saw the thread Lord gaga made :)

GASP! You stole my thread idea. Well i did steal you video links so we are even!:D Anyway i think that Tr3 had the worst ending because for action packed it seemed kinda calm for some reson like it could have been more. The next would be tr2 but i like the surprise of when you think it's the end but then BAM you back in your house looking for you guns while bad guys rush to come and beat you up.Then she goes to disrobe but she only lets monks she her naked so BAM and she killed us after we led her though an ENTIRE game. :( Talk about ungratefull!

Underworld2008
07-11-10, 10:43
Don't forget Amanda broke into Lara's home and stole a headset

A HEADSET people :mad:

LOOOOOOOOOOL. You'd think she'd steal information Lara might have as well haha! Damn croft manor need better security. I would have loved to see the break in scene!

Worst ending had to TR4.

ajrich17901
07-11-10, 10:51
All the endings sucked equally to be honest, I'm just gonna say Legend and Underworlds were a bit better for the simple fact they were longer than 40 seconds and at least gave the game real closure.

larson n natla
07-11-10, 11:19
Tomb Raider 3

By the way am I the only one who though Legend had the best ending.

I was sitting there and then all of a sudden Lara grew a pair and starting taking pot shots across Amanda's face. I love badass Lara!

ajrich17901
07-11-10, 11:21
Tomb Raider 3

By the way am I the only one who though Legend had the best ending.

I was sitting there and then all of a sudden Lara grew a pair and starting taking pot shots across Amanda's face. I love badass Lara!

I loved it also, still gives me goosebumps.

FloTheMachine
07-11-10, 13:36
I thought the ending to TR IV was spectacular. I didn't really like TRC though... :(

Azerutan
07-11-10, 14:00
The only good ending was TR2 - she got the artifact, she ended a mafia organization (it made sense the last ones looked Lara for revenge) and then the classic shower scene. It was perfect. Home Sweet Home has got to be the best last level of any TR game, it's additional, but it's a good epilogue, since the adventure was already over in the level before.

Legend and Underworld were the worst by far for its over-the-top soap opera melodrama, I mean c'mon...

larafan25
07-11-10, 14:09
The only good ending was TR2 - she got the artifact, she ended a mafia organization (it made sense the last ones looked Lara for revenge) and then the classic shower scene. It was perfect. Home Sweet Home has got to be the best last level of any TR game, it's additional, but it's a good epilogue, since the adventure was already over in the level before.

Legend and Underworld were the worst by far for its over-the-top soap opera melodrama, I mean c'mon...

Technically Legend and Underworld were not melodramatic or over the top, perhaps not drama you want in a tomb raider game, but given the ingame circumstances, the drama was pretty realistic, I mean aside from all the killing and ancient mythological weapons, etc...

Azerutan
07-11-10, 14:37
Technically Legend and Underworld were not melodramatic or over the top, perhaps not drama you want in a tomb raider game, but given the ingame circumstances, the drama was pretty realistic, I mean aside from all the killing and ancient mythological weapons, etc...
Are you serious?
How come Lara having a bipolar atitude screaming out loud is not over-the-top? It was basically out of nowhere. I'd rather have Lara in the shower shooting at us, it's simple and much cooler.

Damn, it reminds me how cool Lara Croft and Tomb Raider used to be before, over ten years ago, we're getting older and older, and the franchise is getting worse and worse :/

Well, it's your opinion, I'm sorry but I can't agree with it.

trXD
07-11-10, 14:54
Are you serious?
How come Lara having a bipolar atitude screaming out loud is not over-the-top? It was basically out of nowhere. I'd rather have Lara in the shower shooting at us, it's simple and much cooler.

Huh? No it wasn't.

In this case Lara should have actually interrogated her. If she did want to find out what Amanda knew, she could have easily gotten Amanda to talk. She shouldn't have let her go free (or at the very least she should have put surveillance on Amanda so that she could keep track of what Amanda was doing). It makes no sense to acknowledge that someone has vital information and then simply knock her out and walk away, letting her go off on her own to plot revenge :p

Amanda wouldn't have said anymore than that, as signified by "I'm wasting my breath", the only thing Lara could have done was torture the information out of her, and that isn't very Lara.

I guess this all just boils down to how you see it, clearly you think Amanda would have been willing to tell Lara the information had she just asked, but I'm with Lara's decision on this one, it at least makes sense to me. You can say it was stupid to let Amanda go, but that was unavoidable unless Lara killer her or found a way to force all the information out of her, which she wouldn't do.

larafan25
07-11-10, 14:57
Are you serious?

Damn, it reminds me how cool Lara Croft and Tomb Raider used to be before, over ten years ago, we're getting older and older, and the franchise is getting worse and worse :/

Well, it's your opinion, I'm sorry but I can't agree with it.

I'd rather not have a game about lost mothers and betrayed friendships, it brings on dramatic situations, there were definitely dramatic situations in TRU and TRL. However they were not uncalled for, had the game not been about Lara's mother or personal issues, it would have been either less dramatic or a cooler type of drama.

LNSNHGTDS
07-11-10, 15:04
The worst imo where Last Revelation's (Cause Lara dies.) and Underworld's (Cause it was the worst way to end Legend's awsome trilogy.) .

larafan25
07-11-10, 15:08
The worst imo where Last Revelation's (Cause Lara dies.) and Underworld's (Cause it was the worst way to end Legend's awsome trilogy.) .

Just out of curiosity what did you want to happen at the end of TRU?:)

LNSNHGTDS
07-11-10, 15:55
Just out of curiosity what did you want to happen at the end of TRU?:)

It mind sound kind of extreme and it's something I've never said again (Possibly because no one ever asked me :p . ) .Well if I wanted the ending to be changed there should have been boss fiht before it.First Lara fights Amelia,then after Amelia is dead the same cutscene with Natla and Doppelganger follows and after that Lara fights the Doppelganger and beats her without Amanda's help.Then Lara "deactivates" the "Midgard serpent",Natla gets furious,another boss fightoccurs and after it's over Lara throws her in the Eithr.Lara is about to leave Hellheim via the portal but then,when she's about to pull out Excalibur Amanda shows up and then the final boss fight begins.After she beats Amanda,Lara leaves Hellheim (Lara doesn't need Amanda's help to escape in my own version :D .) and leaves Amanda (Presumed dead at the time.) there.Lara says goodbye to her mother in Nepal.Then,Amanda back in Hellheim awakes only to see that a bunch of thralls have encircled her.Two of them carrying the injured and bald Natla.

Natla says in an ironic tone:Sorry for ordering the Doppelganger throw you off the ship earlier,I didn't mean it,now help me get out of this place or else...

Amanda cuts Natla's phrase:Stop giving me orders I'm not your little puppet.You better kill me.I don't care about your stupid plans.Lara has beaten us,for a second time!

Natla orders her thralls to move closer to Amanda and says: You don't understand Amanda,I have an army of thralls,if you continue helping me it will be yours aswell a...

*natla screams*

Amanda uses her remaining powers to (somehow) take Natla's heart out of her body and then eats her.

Then says: With the power of the black blood inside your heart I'll have all the power I want to defeat Lara.You see I'm cleverer than you,you misused your powers and that's why the other two Atlantean rulers took most of your powers away.All this time I learned many useful things from you,one of them was that Tihocan and Qualopec are still alive oh and before you die hear this,I've found them.Oh,thanks for giving me your powers.

Then two wings grow on Amanda's back and she flies away laughing while Natla dies.This would give a more fearsome approach to the ending and plus it would give an oportunity for a continuation to the trilogy (something that most trf members whould hate :p ) but with Tihocan and Qualopec returning as Amanda's prisoners and the latter having Natla's powers and knowledge.She would be the ultimate villain :D !!!

Azerutan
07-11-10, 16:49
Huh? No it wasn't.
Yes, because Lara in the entire game was like that or did she ever have that kind of reaction before in any Tomb Raider game :whi:

It was Lara's most inconsistent reaction ever, no doubt about that LOL

Vinkula
07-11-10, 16:53
It mind sound kind of extreme and it's something I've never said again (Possibly because no one ever asked me :p . ) .Well if I wanted the ending to be changed there should have been boss fiht before it.First Lara fights Amelia,then after Amelia is dead the same cutscene with Natla and Doppelganger follows and after that Lara fights the Doppelganger and beats her without Amanda's help.Then Lara "deactivates" the "Midgard serpent",Natla gets furious,another boss fightoccurs and after it's over Lara throws her in the Eithr.Lara is about to leave Hellheim via the portal but then,when she's about to pull out Excalibur Amanda shows up and then the final boss fight begins.After she beats Amanda,Lara leaves Hellheim (Lara doesn't need Amanda's help to escape in my own version :D .) and leaves Amanda (Presumed dead at the time.) there.Lara says goodbye to her mother in Nepal.Then,Amanda back in Hellheim awakes only to see that a bunch of thralls have encircled her.Two of them carrying the injured and bald Natla.

Natla says in an ironic tone:Sorry for ordering the Doppelganger throw you off the ship earlier,I didn't mean it,now help me get out of this place or else...

Amanda cuts Natla's phrase:Stop giving me orders I'm not your little puppet.You better kill me.I don't care about your stupid plans.Lara has beaten us,for a second time!

Natla orders her thralls to move closer to Amanda and says: You don't understand Amanda,I have an army of thralls,if you continue helping me it will be yours aswell a...

*natla screams*

Amanda uses her remaining powers to (somehow) take Natla's heart out of her body and then eats her.

Then says: With the power of the black blood inside your heart I'll have all the power I want to defeat Lara.You see I'm cleverer than you,you misused your powers and that's why the other two Atlantean rulers took most of your powers away.All this time I learned many useful things from you,one of them was that Tihocan and Qualopec are still alive oh and before you die hear this,I've found them.Oh,thanks for giving me your powers.

Then two wings grow on Amanda's back and she flies away laughing while Natla dies.This would give a more fearsome approach to the ending and plus it would give an oportunity for a continuation to the trilogy (something that most trf members whould hate :p ) but with Tihocan and Qualopec returning as Amanda's prisoners and the latter having Natla's powers and knowledge.She would be the ultimate villain :D !!!

TRU's ending were 100% better IMO :) It was perfect to the trilogy.

Shark_Blade
07-11-10, 17:04
Underworld and Legend.

If TRA is not based on TR1, I bet CD will come up with yet another ridicuolous crap for the ending. For e.g. Lara points her gun to her head and tries to kill herself to rid the guilt of killing another human being, etc.. but then realized she's not done yet. No, she's got to find her long lost mummy dearest first! Cue TRU..:rolleyes:

trXD
07-11-10, 17:06
Yes, because Lara in the entire game was like that or did she ever have that kind of reaction before in any Tomb Raider game :whi:

Uhhh, she never had any reason to react like that before then, do you really not think what happened warranted getting angry?

larafan25
07-11-10, 17:12

*natla screams*

:eek:

Why should it be consistent.

Lara's mother died a long time ago, her friend also died. Those things suck, she clearly got over them. Her father didn't.

Lara discovers a clue that leads her to believe her father's theory of Amelia being in Avalon, as well she is lead back to the grave of Amanda only to find she has gotten out and never contacted her, ouch. Lara basically chases this chick through hell to figure out what she has to do with her mothers disappearance, and in the end Lara is confronted with that exact situation from her past and it plays out just as it originally did, thus her loosing the opportunity to save her mother out of her own ignorance of what was going on, as well as the chaos that was Amanda yelling at her to pull out the sword resulting in her mother doing so and being transported to Avalon.

So because all of that sucks so much Lara got ****ed off at Amanda and instead of chasing her around the world again, she pointed a gun at her, screamed, demanded answers, got very little, and knocked the pain in the butt out.

It seems reasonable to me, I'm not saying tomb raider needs drama, or this kind of drama, I'm just saying, a climax would not be a climax if it was consistent with the rest of the game, as well it was a freak out that has an excuse.

Azerutan
07-11-10, 17:17
Underworld and Legend.

If TRA is not based on TR1, I bet CD will come up with yet another ridicuolous crap for the ending. For e.g. Lara points her gun to her head and tries to kill herself to rid the guilt of killing another human being, etc.. but then realized she's not done yet. No, she's got to find her long lost mummy dearest first! Cue TRU..:rolleyes:
Don't give me wrong, but CD still ruined that ending :confused:

WTF was that moment Lara looking at her hand and then smiles? Couldn't they be cheesier?

:vlol:

Shark_Blade
07-11-10, 17:38
Don't give me wrong, but CD still ruined that ending :confused:

WTF was that moment Lara looking at her hand and then smiles? Couldn't they be cheesier?

:vlol:Yeah the ending was still bad, but not as bad as the ending in TRU and TRL imo, they're so boring and empty. I'm like, what? That's it?:confused:

the ancient
07-11-10, 17:41
LOOOOOOOOOOL. You'd think she'd steal information Lara might have as well haha! Damn croft manor need better security. I would have loved to see the break in scene!

Worst ending had to TR4.

Alistair and Zip running and screaming around like two little girls :vlol:

while Amanda takes one headset and leaves without destroying anything

Catracoth
07-11-10, 17:44
I liked all the endings to the Tomb Raider games, to be honest. I wish Underworld had a more epic ending, but it was a nice end to an unnecessarily elongated trilogy.

da tomb raider!
07-11-10, 21:18
It's got to be Tomb Raider III's ending for me. It wasn't that bad if you ask me, but I really could've done without the whole poor-guy-in-the-helicopter incident. Whether he was a bad guy or not, I thought Lara was just a tad too vicious in that scene. Besides, I found the rest of the ending pretty underwhelming anyway. And the worst part is that the rest of the game is superb, so why the dreadful ending? Tomb Raider III really deserved a better ending.

Mikky
08-11-10, 16:01
Tomb Raider 1 and Anniversary. It just seemed kinda... pointless, I guess. :p

tampi
08-11-10, 19:54
TR 3 for me.
Nothing new inside.:o