PDA

View Full Version : Mission impossible almost became a possibility.

Catapharact
07-11-10, 14:10
Hong Kong passenger boards flight wearing old-man mask.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101105/bs_yblog_upshot/asian-man-sneaks-on-flight-wearing-old-man-mask

http://mit.zenfs.com/5/2010/11/05_canadadisguise_560x360.jpg

Usually people wear disguises to commit crimes like robbing banks, not to board commercial airline flights. But there is, of course, an exception to every rule.

That's what the Canadian Border Services Agency learned recently, according to a confidential intelligence alert (PDF) that was obtained by CNN. The document details what border authorities called an "unbelievable case of concealment" Oct. 29 aboard Air Canada flight AC018, bound for Vancouver from Hong Kong.

"Information was received from Air Canada Corporate Security regarding a possible imposter on a flight originating from Hong Kong," the alert says. "The passenger in question was observed at the beginning of the flight to be an elderly Caucasian male who appeared to have young looking hands. During the flight the subject attended the washroom and emerged an Asian looking male that appeared to be in his early 20s."

The man, who has not been identified, used the mask -- along with a brown cap, a cardigan, the boarding pass of a U.S. citizen born in 1955, and an apparent talent for mimicry -- to board the plane. The alert said that suspect apparently swapped boarding passes with the 55-year-old and used an Aeroplan credit card as ID.

[Xmas]
07-11-10, 14:15
He should work for Hollywood! :eek: :p

Love2Raid
07-11-10, 14:15
Yeah, I saw this on the news two days ago. Pretty well-executed plan, that's for sure. Though I don't understand why he changed back to his old self in the bathroom, couldn't he just have kept the mask on? :confused:

[Xmas]
07-11-10, 14:18
Yeah, I saw this on the news two days ago. Pretty well-executed plan, that's for sure. Though I don't understand why he changed back to his old self in the bathroom, couldn't he just have kept the mask on? :confused:Maybe he couldn't breathe in the mask or something like that :p

Rai
07-11-10, 14:22
His old disguise looks too old for someone born in 1955, he'd be 55, but looks 85 :vlol:. Brilliant disguise though. Hollywood special effects would take hours to make someone up to look that old (or hours to make the mask at any rate), so it's very porfessionally done.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-11-10, 14:46
I wouldn't fall for that at all -- he doesn't look like an old man, he looks more like a decomposing old man :/

lararoxs
07-11-10, 14:58
"He appeared to have young hands"

:vlol:

Personally, I don't see how they can actually think that they'll get away with it. Going to the toilet as a '55 year old' and returning a young Asian man? :rolleyes:

Antonio
07-11-10, 15:43
"He appeared to have young hands"

:vlol:

Personally, I don't see how they can actually think that they'll get away with it. Going to the toilet as a '55 year old' and returning a young Asian man? :rolleyes:

My thoughts are completely same.:vlol: What a amateur!:rolleyes:

Alpharaider47
07-11-10, 16:49
Read about this the other day :p I'm assuming that he looks a little more convincing in person, but yeah I think he made a mistake changing back midflight. He had to have know that that would've attracted some attention :p

Love2Raid
07-11-10, 17:03
I know right? Either the mask was just becoming too uncomfortable to bear, or he didnīt need it anymore for his goal (to request asylum in Canada).

Alpharaider47
07-11-10, 17:08
I know right? Either the mask was just becoming too uncomfortable to bear, or he didnīt need it anymore for his goal (to request asylum in Canada).

That's a good point, I suppose if he was going to do that anyways it didn't matter.

Love2Raid
07-11-10, 17:09
Exactly. He is not stupid, he planned this way ahead. ;)

Alpharaider47
07-11-10, 17:33
Exactly. He is not stupid, he planned this way ahead. ;)

Got in the headlines too :p Watch him become a spy or something in a few years :p

Lara Croft!
07-11-10, 18:00
Mission Impossible, indeed. I remember by the third movie the mask trick had been overused.

tomblover
07-11-10, 18:31
***** shoulda worn gloves. :p

Rai
07-11-10, 18:59
I wouldn't fall for that at all -- he doesn't look like an old man, he looks more like a decomposing old man :/

His maths isn't too hot either is it? :p

robm_2007
07-11-10, 19:30
His old disguise looks too old for someone born in 1955, he'd be 55, but looks 85 :vlol:. Brilliant disguise though.

thats what i was thinking!

and his mask is all lopsided, like he had 3 stokes at once.

Little-Lara
07-11-10, 20:41
:vlol: :vlol: His hands, his age, and his seat...................the person sitting next to him would also notice.

Chocola teapot
07-11-10, 20:43
I absolutely creased when I read this.

<3

Lee croft
07-11-10, 20:46
More like 85

Love2Raid
07-11-10, 20:49
:vlol: :vlol: His hands, his age, and his seat...................the person sitting next to him would also notice.
Very true. If he didnīt fart every other minute then there had to be something wrong. :p

Bongo Fury
07-11-10, 20:55
or he didnīt need it anymore for his goal (to request asylum in Canada).

this is probably correct. all you have to do is get your feet on the ground here - by whatever means, and you have beaten the (pathetic) system.

da tomb raider!
07-11-10, 21:21
Man, that disguise is hot.

Alpharaider47
07-11-10, 21:38
thats what i was thinking!

and his mask is all lopsided, like he had 3 stokes at once.

I'm sure he looked more convincing when he was actually trying to get on the plane. If I remember they said they had him put everything back on for the picture, maybe he didn't spend as much time doing so?

tampi
08-11-10, 13:28
The man, who has not been identified, used the mask ...

lol

Perhaps he has a second mask. Perhaps he is the masked now:p

rowanlim
08-11-10, 13:33
I saw this in the papers. Talk about desperation :pi:

But the make up is impressive :D

igonge
08-11-10, 18:14
55? More like 95.

xXhayleyroxXx
09-11-10, 16:04
I'm sure he looked more convincing when he was actually trying to get on the plane. If I remember they said they had him put everything back on for the picture, maybe he didn't spend as much time doing so?

I doubt it -- the skin colour, wrinkles, eyes -- everything looks plastic. Or maybe I';m just not easily fooled.