PDA

View Full Version : Body of Zahra Baker Believed Found

scoopy_loopy
13-11-10, 13:28
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/10/21/1225941/822167-zahra.jpg

HUMAN remains found in a wood in North Carolina earlier this week have been identified as those of missing Australian girl Zahra Baker.
The breakthrough in the tragic case of the missing 10-year-old Australian cancer survivor came when police matched Zahra's DNA with a bone found in bushland.

In a separate find, police search teams on Wednesday discovered human remains buried on the edge of Gunpowder Creek.
Hickory Police Department chief Tom Adkins said although tests have to be undertaken on the remains "they are consistent with a child''.
"We have recovered enough physical evidence to believe we have found Zahra,'' an emotional chief Adkins told reporters at a press conference.
"All the police working on the case are devastated we were not able to find Zahra alive," he said.
Zahra’s father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa Baker, reported the girl missing on October 9, but police announced days later that they were investigating the disappearance as a homicide.

Investigators, who have said Zahra was last seen on September 25, used cadaver dogs to search her family’s car and home.
Elisa Baker was arrested on unrelated charges after reporting the girl’s disappearance. She later admitted to writing a $1 million ransom note in connection with the case and was charged with obstruction of justice.
Adam Baker was later arrested on charges of writing bad checks.
Zahra was born in Australia but moved to the US after Adam Baker met the woman who would become her stepmother on the internet two years ago. Zahra suffered from hearing loss and had her lower leg amputated due to two bouts with cancer.

Source (http://www.news.com.au/world/human-remains-found-in-search-for-zahra/story-e6frfkyi-1225952415625#ixzz15AWLdO2C).

Normally I can distance myself from news and articles like this, but this is just awful. If it turns out her parents really were the ones who did it, I'm going to be so crushed. That poor, poor girl, she'd been through such an incredible amount of hardship already - it seems so unfair and cruel that this could've happened. :(

lord gaga
13-11-10, 13:35
OH MY GOSH
so young and cute. She had a hard life so now she should RIP.:(

Underworld2008
13-11-10, 13:36
What a beautiful little girl.

Why have I never heard of this story?! Properly because I'm in the UK and don't listen to the news much but oh my god :'( How can and why would ANYONE hurt a child?!

Reminds me of the case of Maddy McCan, we need closure on it as well! Children don't just disappear of the face of the earth.

May she R.I.P and be happy where she is now x

scoopy_loopy
13-11-10, 13:39
^
Maddy was abducted and then sold to a couple incapable of having children, wasn't she? :(

Underworld2008
13-11-10, 13:52
^
Maddy was abducted and then sold to a couple incapable of having children, wasn't she? :(

Nope, just theories. One of many really, a lot of which seem to based around her parents and them killing her, I personally don't want to believe that, as they are trying to keep the case going.

Scurvy
13-11-10, 14:53
Children don't just disappear of the face of the earth.

But earth is very big :ton:

lara c. fan
13-11-10, 15:23
Nope, just theories. One of many really, a lot of which seem to based around her parents and them killing her, I personally don't want to believe that, as they are trying to keep the case going.

Could be trying to cover up. Acting like the regular concerned parents. You never know. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
13-11-10, 15:26
Oh god how awful :( I hate when kids go missing, it really upsets me.

Underworld2008
13-11-10, 15:38
Could be trying to cover up. Acting like the regular concerned parents. You never know. :p

VERY true. I just hope it gets solved too, and doesn't have the same outcome as this tragic story does :(

But earth is very big :ton:

Yeah it's big...but my point is people just don't vanish into thin air :)

lara c. fan
13-11-10, 16:33
Yeah it's big...but my point is people just don't vanish into thin air :)

Spontaneous combustion gets pretty close, though.

EDIT: I'll stop now. Apologies.

Miharu
13-11-10, 16:46
Awww. That poor girl. :(

But I'm glad she was found, despite the sad outcome at least we know what's happened.

And now that she has being found, I feel like she can rest in peace.

R.I.P :)

TheRCroft
13-11-10, 17:32
At least, she can rest in peace and her parents now know who is she. It must be really painful not being sure that our daughter is alive or dead, living with that uncertainty. Now, although they are certainly passing through a really tough time, they can find now more peace for themselves.

This really makes me sad. She was so young, she had a whole life in front of her. May you rest in peace, now :(

aidanmalone
13-11-10, 19:51
So young and innocent :( Why do people have to do that
At least shes in a better place now :o
R.I.P And God Bless :)

scoopy_loopy
14-11-10, 02:55
At least, she can rest in peace and her parents now know who is she.

I still think it was her parents that DID it! :(

xXhayleyroxXx
14-11-10, 11:24

It think it always is the case, somewhat. I mean, I think Madeline Mccann's parents killed her.Who would leave the most precious thing in the whole world in a foreign hotel room while they go galavanting off to a restaurant, a one where they couldn't even see their children?
Its disgusting.
If people are gonna have kids they have to damn make sure they're going to do everything within their power to keep them safe and cause them no harm.

Miharu
14-11-10, 11:42
It think it always is the case, somewhat. I mean, I think Madeline Mccann's parents killed her.Who would leave the most precious thing in the whole world in a foreign hotel room while they go galavanting off to a restaurant, a one where they couldn't even see their children?
Its disgusting.
If people are gonna have kids they have to damn make sure they're going to do everything within their power to keep them safe and cause them no harm.

Exactly, I mean no parent would leave their child/children unattended in a hotel room at night, that's not a mistake you make. If I was a parent I'd take the kids in a pram and have the meal while there asleep in the pram and the pram or baby-carrier would be right next to me that's what my mum/dad did whenever we was away.

xXhayleyroxXx
14-11-10, 11:48
Exactly, I mean no parent would leave their child/children unattended in a hotel room at night, that's not a mistake you make. If I was a parent I'd take the kids in a pram and have the meal while there asleep in the pram and the pram or baby-carrier would be right next to me that's what my mum/dad did whenever we was away.

Yeah that's what my parents did too. At such a young and vulnerable age, like what Maddie was, it's a mistake you can't make. You can't rewind time and do something different and the Mccanns should have known better.
I've always thought they were somewhat responsible for her death -- they didn't seem guilty enough -- if that makes sense? If my kid had been abducted through my fault I'd be distraught.

LNSNHGTDS
14-11-10, 11:53
Oh my! Tha's terrible :( :'( ! R.I.P. Hang the *******s who're responsible for this!

Rai
14-11-10, 12:16
Sweet looking girl and to have been through so much. May she rest in peace. To think it could be the dad and step mum who did this, just awful. Where's her real mum in this? The article doesn't say.

xXhayleyroxXx
14-11-10, 12:17
Sweet looking girl and to have been through so much. May she rest in peace. To think it could be the dad and step mum who did this, just awful. Where's her real mum in this? The article doesn't say.

Its proof step-mums are evil 0_0 hehe x

LNSNHGTDS
14-11-10, 12:44
Its proof step-mums are evil 0_0 hehe x

Maybe they are inspired by all these princess stories.Snow white-evil step mother,Cinderella-evil step mother.Maybe there's a secret oredr full of step mothers...evil!!!

xXhayleyroxXx
14-11-10, 12:52
Maybe they are inspired by all these princess stories.Snow white-evil step mother,Cinderella-evil step mother.Maybe there's a secret oredr full of step mothers...evil!!!

Maybe! Urgh I hate mine. I actually do. She fed me meat once and told me it was a vegetarian alternative. I later found the packet in the bin after I felt sick :/. She never cooks my dad anything nice either, for tea yesterday we had slices of bread and butter 0_0 and she had a cooked meal. She also sold a picture my mum made for my room when I was little. And my baby shoes and my mum wanted those kept.
She also constantly stares at me. All the time. I could go on but I won't :pi:

TheRCroft
14-11-10, 16:50

I'm not too much into the story, but.. Did her parents kill her? :(

Avalon SARL
14-11-10, 16:56
That is so upsetting
she is so pretty

RIP :(

Underworld2008
14-11-10, 17:00
What upsets me the most is she had a awful short life. I mean cancer and I think I read she had a fake leg too, and yet she braves a smile in the photo. I mean seriously, how can you hurt such a poor child? Let alone a healthy one.

What happened to her real Mum? does anyone know?

Alpharaider47
14-11-10, 17:19
Poor girl, that's terrible! :( The parents don't seem to be making themselves look any better though, honestly, a ransom note for your own kid? That makes me suspicious :pi:

scoopy_loopy
22-02-11, 01:09
Her American step-mum has been charged with her murder: :(

THE stepmother of Australian girl Zahra Baker has been charged with her murder.
Elisa Baker, 42, who had previously been charged with obstructing justice in the investigation of Zahra's death, was indicted for second-degree murder by a grand jury in Catawba County, North Carolina, and faces 30 years in jail if convicted.
Authorities said they did not have "credible evidence" anyone other than Ms Baker was responsible for Zahra's murder.
Ten-year-old Zahra was reported missing from her family's home in Hickory by her father Adam on October 9. Her remains were found a month later.
Zahra, who walked with a prosthetic leg, had a hearing aid and survived cancer twice, moved from Australia to the US with her father two years ago after he met his new wife on the internet.

A search warrant published last month said that Elisa Baker had led police to the places where they found Zahra's remains. She claimed that her husband dismembered the body. Mr Baker has denied the allegation.
Ms Baker has been in jail since October 2010, after she allegedly confessed to writing a fake ransom note for $US1 million following Zahra's disappearance.
According to the indictment, Ms Baker had a history of abusing Zahra, physically, verbally and psychologically.
She also hid Zahra from "family and others" before and after the murder and that she "desecrated" Zahra's body to cover her tracks, the indictment said.
Ms Baker allegedly "took advantage of a position of trust or confidence, including a domestic relationship, to commit the offence".
The indictment states that Zahra was killed "on or about" September 24, more than two weeks before she was reported missing.
Ms Baker is to face court on February 25. She already faces charges of bigamy. According to court documents, she was married six times before she wed Zahra's father, and at one stage was married to three men simultaneously.
Mr Baker, who separated from Zahra's mother when Zahra was a baby, also faces several charges unrelated to the case.
He appeared on Australian TV last Sunday denying involvement in Zahra's death.
Zahra was born in Wagga Wagga and lived in Newcastle, the Hunter Valley and Townsville before moving to North Carolina.

-Article. (http://www.news.com.au/world/stepmother-of-zahra-baker-indicted-on-second-degree-murder-charge/story-e6frfkyi-1226009803963)

=/

xXhayleyroxXx
22-02-11, 01:11
omg :( That's horrible. Its just..beyond words.

Drone
22-02-11, 06:04
As always we can spot tasteless comments even in the thread like this ... anyway

It's very sad so many horrible things happened to this defenseless human being. Poor girl, I don't know what to say. Justice, has you officially gone to hell?