PDA

View Full Version : 2012

daventry
13-11-10, 14:02
When it bacame the Year 2000 Many People thought the States would be Attacked by Killer Bees or the Technology would Shut Down and yet Nothing Happend.

Now there were Two Movies made about the Year 2012 with John Cusack and Nicolas Cage.

Why do People Insist the World will End, Why do you Want to Die.

Its like lets say i find out i have Cancer and i have 1 Week to Live, will you start counting the Days/Minutes/Seconds until you Drop Dead.

Media and Movies made People go Crazy on Messages that the World Will End, are you Waiting and Praying for it to Happen.

Are you That Bored with Life that you in your Own Mind decide that it takes Too Long for something to happen because in 2000 Nothing Happend and 2012 is just 2 Years Away, that im just gonna Kill Myself anyway.

When we get to 2012 will you Pee your pants and lock yourself in your Room waiting for the Earth to Blow, or will you be Dissapointed when it reaches 2013 and Nothing Happend.

What Are You Afraid Of...

_Awestruck_
13-11-10, 14:08
Nothing's gonna happen. Just a conspiracy theory. The Mayan calender just will be redundant once 2012 rolls around, that's all.

sandygrimm
13-11-10, 14:10
Y2K , ah that was fun.:p I think this 2012 is just a late excuse.
People are afraid of the future, and IMO by making all these documentaries, assumptions, movies.. what not, kind of prepares them for the worst.
Human kind has always looked to a point in time when they thought their world will end due to one factor or another: from the Revelation in the bible, the Second Coming..year 2000, now the 2012.
In the past years we have just discoveries more ways that the world can end, and my showing all these, it has scared the public. Guess it's either a way to throw the world into despair or closer together, just like the 9/11 attacks ( fake or true it did brought the same effects but in a sudden way)
We can predict the future, but not as close as " tomorrow a rock will hit you on the head thrown by a baboon" We know things will happen, barely predict the weather. All I can say is to live our days , long or short, that's why we are on this planet.

lara c. fan
13-11-10, 14:10
The Mayans "predicting" the 2012 thing is what most people are getting all "HOLY CRAP!" over... Despite that just being the end of their Long Count calendar. After that ends, a new cycle begins, so I don't know why people are getting anxious over that.

Solar flares (Like the one predicted for 2013) may well knock out electricity (It's happened before), so that seems the most likely choice for the end of the world, or, more accurately, the end of the world as we know it. Unless, you know, we take preventative measures, which should be fairly easy to do.

Miharu
13-11-10, 14:11
Yeah it's a just a conspiracy theory.

The media has a way of exaggerating myths and rumors as well as pumping fear through you.

Keep everyone afraid and they'll consume.

_Awestruck_
13-11-10, 14:13
IMO 2010 was a bigger transition than what 2012 will be. 2010 started a new decade, while 2012 will just mark another year passed. No biggie.

sandygrimm
13-11-10, 14:15
Solar flares (Like the one predicted for 2013) may well knock out electricity (It's happened before), so that seems the most likely choice for the end of the world, or, more accurately, the end of the word as we know it. Unless, you know, we take preventative measures, which should be fairly easy to do.

End of the modern world :p We'll all have to write letters again oh the tragedy. Sure it's not a pretty sight, people dyeing all over because we depend on electricity and communication to sustain most of our lives ( Hospitals, travel, power plants etc) but I think someone has to of thought of a way to fix it fast if that happens.

tomb_raider_roks
13-11-10, 14:25
anyone who believes Mayan prophecy should really remember that they poisoned themselves by throwing they're sacrifices into they're drinking water

didn't predict that now did they?

also there was a news report recently proclaiming the Calendar has been read wrong, and that there is no real way to say when it ends

ryan91
13-11-10, 14:31
mayan calendar ends at 2012. because they bored to make the rest. like seriously, they made the calendar even the times that thousands years of later their times. what kinda crazy ass geeks they were. i guess one day finally someone told them to stop and get a life.

Miharu
13-11-10, 14:34
mayan calendar ends at 2012. because they bored to make the rest. like seriously, they made the calendar even the times that thousands years of later their times. what kinda crazy ass geeks they were. i guess one day finally someone told them to stop and get a life.

lol. That or...

They were wiped out from existance somehow:confused:

BlueJ97
13-11-10, 14:35
When it bacame the Year 2000 Many People thought the States would be Attacked by Killer Bees or the Technology would Shut Down and yet Nothing Happend.

When we get to 2012 will you Pee your pants and lock yourself in your Room waiting for the Earth to Blow, or will you be Dissapointed when it reaches 2013 and Nothing Happend.

What Are You Afraid Of...
:vlol::vlol::vlol:

anyways i'm not afraid of 2012 since it is not real
the mayans probably got bored as ryan91 have said

only god knows when the world will end ;)

btw one thing:

the world will end if people continue to use hair sprays, throw garbage on the streets and other things

Gian Carlo
13-11-10, 14:45
Maybe the Mayan's world (only their civilization, culture, descendents, etc..) would be finished on 2012's end.

In 2013 I'll watch 2012's movie and laugh. :) :p

Mikky
13-11-10, 15:05
Oooh, I'm so scared...

Yeah, right. :vlol:

Chocola teapot
13-11-10, 15:48
With all of these predictions being made for 2012...

I'll be dissapointed if nothing happens. :p

dizzydoil
13-11-10, 15:51
No, the MAYAN Calender RESTARTS in 2012- it doesn't end.

Legend of Lara
13-11-10, 16:04
I will also be really let down if nothing happens. I'm expecting some fireworks... :I

Sharon_14
13-11-10, 16:05
nothing will happen, its bullcrap. :)

Alpharaider47
13-11-10, 16:06
Zombie apocalypse. It's gonna happen :ohn:

Sharon_14
13-11-10, 16:08
^ or this.

it'll be fun. :)

BlueJ97
13-11-10, 16:09
Bieber apocalypse. It's gonna happen :ohn:
:mis:
we're gonna kill some biebers :mis:

sandygrimm
13-11-10, 16:10
No, the MAYAN Calender RESTARTS in 2012- it doesn't end.

So all the other thing they predicted will happen again?

lara c. fan
13-11-10, 16:45
So all the other thing they predicted will happen again?

They didn't predict anything... People are saying the world will end because the Mayan's Long Count calendar starts a new cycle then. The thing in bold seems to be a fact that most are oblivious to.

aidanmalone
13-11-10, 18:47
I dont think the world will end in 2012, its just the Mayan calendar starting a new cylce but there were always accurate with their reading like nearly being correct about a lunar cycle but only by a few seconds off. Its highly overexaggarated about 2012 :o

Rivendell
13-11-10, 19:22
Next 'age of man' according to the calendar. No end of days, no apocalypse. It was never an End of the World prediction in the first place, it's just the most commonly mistaken one.

Aphrodite22
13-11-10, 23:06
ill get disappointed if nothing happens :(

Chocola teapot
13-11-10, 23:07
With all of these predictions being made for 2012...

I'll be dissapointed if nothing happens. :p

I will also be really let down if nothing happens. I'm expecting some fireworks... :I

ill get disappointed if nothing happens :(

Join the Club. :p

Tombraiderx08
13-11-10, 23:20
If the Mayans were so great at predicting the future, they should of evaded the Spanish conquistadors with ease :p

MsRedFoxx
13-11-10, 23:40
Does anyone rememba how CERN was supposed to create a black hole and kill everybody? Well I think that 2012 is another one of them. :)
IMO if something does happen catastrophic then there's nothing we can do about it anyways so IDK why people are going insane. What will be will be and the only way to find out what will happen is to ride the time train through 2012. :jmp:

Lizard of Oz
13-11-10, 23:49
The Mayans just ran out of space in the rock. ;)

xXhayleyroxXx
14-11-10, 00:15
I don't even know what I think :p Whatever happens will happen.

Fallen.Angel
14-11-10, 00:20
I certainly do not want to die. Whilst I am somewhat fearful, another part of me tells me definitely not to believe it.

Shark_Blade
14-11-10, 02:06
As if the Mayans were a reliable source in the first place.

patriots88888
14-11-10, 03:33
If you really want to destroy the planet watch this 5 part series. I thought they were quite creative, especially the strange matter. :p

8DhbpAttWPA

QiX
14-11-10, 03:44
After december 2012 has passed and obviously nothing happens I'm sure the apocalypse paranoids will find another obscure calendar about to complete a cycle for they can raise their hopes again :D

BlueJ97
14-11-10, 04:32
After december 2012 has passed and obviously nothing happens I'm sure the apocalypse paranoids will find another obscure calendar about to complete a cycle for they can raise their hopes again :D
this :vlol:

Ikas90
14-11-10, 04:46
For all we know, it could just be a scare tactic the government uses to get us to spend more money on the things we love before we die.

Alpharaider47
14-11-10, 05:20
For all we know, it could just be a scare tactic the government uses to get us to spend more money on the things we love before we die.

Survival gear is always a good investment :p

sandygrimm
14-11-10, 05:29
:vlol: :vlol: I love this show, they make such fun of plausible situations of doom.
_H_LNCjoyxA

cezy rockeru
14-11-10, 08:00

right:vlol:

Paddy
14-11-10, 08:09
You would have to be a complete git to honestly believe the world is gonna end in 2012.
Even if it does its not like we will be around afterwards to give a ****.

cezy rockeru
14-11-10, 08:37
this whole "2012 world ending" story is a stupid thing:pi: