PDA

View Full Version : Project Titan(Facebooks Best Kept Secret)Revealed

Johnnay
16-11-10, 00:17
http://www.nydailynews.com/tech_guide/2010/11/15/2010-11-15_facebook_unveils_new_titan_messaging_system_ceo _mark_zuckerberg_says_its_not_ema.html?r=news/national

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jFsHlmYQrzjGB5Lt7q2cqU3Fm9NQ?docId=N00874012 89865514393A

Facebook to launch new message platform

SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 15 (Xinhua) -- Facebook announced on Monday that it would launch a new messaging platform, providing an email address of "@facebook.com."
At a press conference in San Francisco, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg introduced the three features defining the new service which he called a "modern messaging product": seamless messaging, conversation history and a social inbox for "filtering exactly the messages you want to see."
The new system combines multiple forms of communication including SMS, IMs, email as well as chat messages from Facebook and other platforms. It also allows users to communicate in real- time through whatever medium or device is convenient for them, Facebook wrote in a blog post.
"This is not an email killer," said Zuckerberg at the press conference, as the service has been dubbed as "Gmail killer" by the press. "This is a messaging system that includes email as one part of it."
The young CEO called email "slow", saying that "we don't think modern messaging system will be email." He noted that the "next generation" messaging will be seamless, informal, immediate, personal, simple, minimal and short, but not email.
The social network will be rolling the new service out in the coming month, first via invitation. All Facebook users will eventually be offered the email addresses matching their usernames

so what do you guys think.... im happy im gonna have a Johnnay@Facebook.com:D.

ajrich17901
16-11-10, 00:52
I could care less, facebook chat is **** to begin with. I'm sticking with aim for my chat needs :D:p

tranniversary119
16-11-10, 01:08
I never used the email feature when myspace did it, so I can't see myself using it now. It's a great add on nevertheless :).

Necromanser
16-11-10, 01:32
I could care less, facebook chat is **** to begin with. I'm sticking with aim for my chat needs :D:p
You're right about that, half of my messages don't get through and it doesn't even work on mobile devices properly.

I'm not going to be using the service unless it's really something innovative and fixes everything that was wrong Facebook chat now.

As for now, GMail+Skype and MSN does it for me.

scoopy_loopy
16-11-10, 02:12
Fail! Facebook cocks up ALL THE BLOODY TIME. There's no way I'm having an everyday e-mail account with them.

Lizard of Oz
16-11-10, 02:14
Seems interesting, but I'm not particularly excited :)

IceColdLaraCroft
16-11-10, 02:15
:confused:

Did the Bruhaha kidnap Bane?

lunavixen
16-11-10, 17:20
*snorts* i'll stick to msn

Underworld2008
16-11-10, 17:25
Fail! Facebook cocks up ALL THE BLOODY TIME. There's no way I'm having an everyday e-mail account with them.

*snorts* i'll stick to msn

Same.

At least until I hear good things about it :rolleyes:

herothing
16-11-10, 17:57
Great idea considering how many people have Facebook. IMO Facebook is a load of toot so i'm gonna be sticking with my hotmail account i'm afraid.

jamieoliver22
16-11-10, 18:07
Google wave, 'nough said.

Atlantean-Squid
16-11-10, 18:27
I couldn't care less, as Facebook chat is **** to begin with. I'm sticking with AIM for my chat needs :D:p

Fixed.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
16-11-10, 18:59
Right now I use Gmail and Facebook primarily because that's where people are. My AIM buddy list is pretty much abandoned anymore, but 75% of those people are on facebook.

Google wave, 'nough said.

Didn't it get canned, due to lack of interest?

Squibbly
16-11-10, 20:27
Definitely cool for some people, but personally I'm not interested. Sticking with Gmail and MSN. :D