DgoOdz94
21-11-10, 19:27
Lara, look what you've done :(
:vlol: :p

:pi:

Phlip
21-11-10, 19:27
I don't know how I feel about this.

On the one hand, tigers don't affect my life in any way, but on the other, it'd be sad to see a species go extinct. :(

:( It's really upsetting.

Dennis's Mom
21-11-10, 19:57
Thats sad they need to be protected :(:(:(

They are protected.

Sadly there's a big market in cultural voodoo that makes it worth people's while to kill tigers.

I agree it's sad. They are magnificent animals.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-11-10, 20:12
Urghhh :( thanks for sending me the link to this thread Diego xx
They are such magnificant, powerful creatures -- its so distressing to see them becoming extinct. They've been threatened for a while but this... is juts horrible.

Killercowz
21-11-10, 20:15
That's sad. :(

lord gaga
21-11-10, 20:39
GOD LARA! how could you kill the last of them after they moved to Nepal! But i'm truly sad about this :(

robm_2007
21-11-10, 20:41
No one let Mikky come in here :(
------------
I really dont want to see Tigers go into extinction, they are lovely animals. and to think that tigers have been in danger of extinction for a while, yet thier protectio status isnt making progress to help them repopulate adn avoid an inevitable extinction.

i hope they can at least clone them or something.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-11-10, 20:43
No one let Mikky come in here :(
------------
I really dont want to see Tigers go into extinction, they are lovely animals. and to think that tigers have been in danger of extinction for a while, yet thier protectio status isnt making progress to help them repopulate adn avoid an inevitable extinction.

i hope they can at least clone them or something.

But then that means less genetic diversity which, if breeding proves successful, leads to herediatary conditions :(

Fallen.Angel
21-11-10, 20:45
This is terrible... heart breaking. :(

Alpharaider47
21-11-10, 20:46
But then that means less genetic diversity which, if breeding proves successful, leads to herediatary conditions :(

Yeah but perhaps we can simulate that diversity, or something to that effect. It sucks, but I suppose we never realize what we have until it's gone. Nobody to blame but ourselves. You'd hope this would serve as a warning to people, would make us maybe step back a bit and rethink what we can do to prevent this. But I honestly doubt we'll do that until the last one dies. Because "we have them in zoos still"

scoopy_loopy
21-11-10, 20:47
It's sad that they're dying out in the wild - but a population in comfortable captivity is better than extinction, right?

xXhayleyroxXx
21-11-10, 20:48
Yeah but perhaps we can simulate that diversity, or something to that effect. It sucks, but I suppose we never realize what we have until it's gone. Nobody to blame but ourselves. You'd hope this would serve as a warning to people, would make us maybe step back a bit and rethink what we can do to prevent this. But I honestly doubt we'll do that until the last one dies. Because "we have them in zoos still"

You can't stimulate diversity or they would have done that by now. We could try test-tube conception but tbh I've lost all faith anyone in this world would do that.

@ Josh -- If bred in captivity its again, less genetic diversity. Its not ideal :/

robm_2007
21-11-10, 20:49

it could just be as a last resort. im sure that if they always keep a sustainable sample of tiger DNA to have able to be cloned, by the time cloning is more advanced, then the saved tiger DNA can be used to create a more healthy and diverse tiger can be made.

if there are no more real Tigers, i guess we could at least have some clones :/

Alpharaider47
21-11-10, 20:50
You can't stimulate diversity or they would have done that by now. We could try test-tube conception but tbh I've lost all faith anyone in this world would do that.

You don't know that. The technology might not be there yet...

See this is what frustrates me about this world- people assume that because something hasn't been done, it can't be done :rolleyes:

DgoOdz94
21-11-10, 20:54
I just hope something can be done before they actually go extinct. It's just such a shame to lose this beautiful animal. :(

xXhayleyroxXx
21-11-10, 20:55
it could just be as a last resort. im sure that if they always keep a sustainable sample of tiger DNA to have able to be cloned, by the time cloning is more advanced, then the saved tiger DNA can be used to create a more healthy and diverse tiger can be made.

if there are no more real Tigers, i guess we could at least have some clones :/

Very true -- its a last resort but a poor one :(

You don't know that. The technology might not be there yet...

See this is what frustrates me about this world- people assume that because something hasn't been done, it can't be done :rolleyes:

Again, don't you think they would have done it by now? Take purebred dogs. King Charles cavalier spaniels -- they get a neurology disease where every year, vets have to do major operations on million of those dogs worldwide in order to save them from a most painful death. They cut open their skull and add a bit on, because those dogs have heads too small for their brain. It was possible to stimulate genetic diversity, they would do it. Think how much it costs to save all those dogs every year.

Alpharaider47
21-11-10, 20:58
Again, don't you think they would have done it by now? Take purebred dogs. King Charles cavalier spaniels -- they get a neurology disease where every year, vets have to do major operations on million of those dogs worldwide in order to save them from a most painful death. They cut open their skull and add a bit on, because those dogs have heads too small for their brain. It was possible to stimulate genetic diversity, they would do it. Think how much it costs to save all those dogs every year.

I'm just saying, maybe they haven't figured out how to, or haven't allocated resources to do so. I wouldn't call it impossible just because nobody has done it. If we all thought that way then think about all of the things in this world that we wouldn't have.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-11-10, 21:00
I'm just saying, maybe they haven't figured out how to, or haven't allocated resources to do so. I wouldn't call it impossible just because nobody has done it. If we all thought that way then think about all of the things in this world that we wouldn't have.

Did I say it was impossible? Nope. I said you can't do it, which you can't right now. And by that time tigers will be extinct. And you're actually getting all preachy with an optimist? Right...

Alpharaider47
21-11-10, 21:04
Did I say it was impossible? Nope. I said you can't do it, which you can't right now. And by that time tigers will be extinct. And you're actually getting all preachy with an optimist? Right...

*shrugs* Hey I'm just throwing my ideas out there. Take em or leave em. You never did strike me as an optimist :o But then again I guess I don't really know you...

xXhayleyroxXx
21-11-10, 21:06
*shrugs* Hey I'm just throwing my ideas out there. Take em or leave em. You never did strike me as an optimist :o But then again I guess I don't really know you...

Are you for real :p No, you don't know me , and I would appreciate it if you didn't bring personal matters into a subject I feel very strongly about :wve:

ON TOPIC - I wish people had taken heed of the warnings -- of the ads on TV telling you they were dying out. Tigers don't have magical bones as old chinese medicine seems to believe they do. And live animal circuses? They are abused and forced to live a life of cruelty. And zoos are okay but they should be free.

Alpharaider47
21-11-10, 21:07
Are you for real :p No, you don't know me , and I would appreciate it if you didn't bring personal matters into a subject I feel very strongly about :wve:
Well you won't talk to me anywhere else. Anyways I'm finished here, I apologize and I'll leave things alone.

Rai
21-11-10, 21:14
This is bad news for tigers :(. But I saw in the news today that Russia have started a campaign to double tiger numbers by 2022 here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/nov/21/tiger-conservation-russia-world-bank) and here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11791105)

xXhayleyroxXx
21-11-10, 21:18
^^ ahh, well there's a glimmer of hope at least :)

DgoOdz94
21-11-10, 21:21
This is bad news for tigers :(. But I saw in the news today that Russia have started a campaign to double tiger numbers by 2022 here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/nov/21/tiger-conservation-russia-world-bank) and here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11791105)
:tmb: Let's hope this a great help to the problem.

Wana b like Lara
21-11-10, 21:47
I guess if it's true then It's a good year to go .. :(

Wow, reading and listening to Make You Feel My Love by Adele .. :'(

I hope they're so wrong.

Legend of Lara
21-11-10, 22:20
Oh, dear. This is not good at all. D:

voltz
21-11-10, 23:39
I'm waiting on a mandate for elephants considering they're always hunted for their ivory.

michaeldt
21-11-10, 23:40
nooo, Tigers are cute :(

Bullethail
22-11-10, 07:46
That's a bit depressing. :(

I guess nothing's a definite, though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Lara Croft!
22-11-10, 12:10
12 years? Humans have turned this planet into a ****hole. Someone needs to teach us a lesson.

patriots88888
22-11-10, 12:26
If only stupidity, idiocy, and senseless people would go extinct the world would be a much better place.

interstellardave
22-11-10, 12:30
^^^ Well said!

Paddy
22-11-10, 12:33
12 years? Humans have turned this planet into a ****hole. Someone needs to teach us a lesson.

Couldnt agree more.

Shark_Blade
22-11-10, 13:04
If only stupidity, idiocy, and senseless people would go extinct the world would be a much better place.
If only.

Our country has started TX2 - Double The Number Of Tiger by 2020 (http://www.tx2.my/v3/home.php) to which I participated last year. There are only merely 500 tigers left here in Malaysia, years ago there's literally a few hundred/thousands. :(

Mikky
22-11-10, 14:08
Oh, no! This is terrible! :( Tigers, extinct?! But they're so cute and fluffy. :( This is crushing... I'm going to donate some money now... :pi:

Shark_Blade
22-11-10, 15:29
Sometimes I think money can only do as much.. it is the attittude of the people that needs to be change.
We all know the possibility of that happening ... FAT CHANCE! :mad:

peeves
22-11-10, 15:32
This is terrible indeed because if people don't act now tigers will inevitably become extinct. And i even saw a youtube video on this.

sandygrimm
22-11-10, 15:35
Maybe cloning can help at one point in time. :( If nothing else seems to work..
Such as with the Tasmanian Tiger.
Damn human greed!

Sgt BOMBULOUS
22-11-10, 15:58
We need to commission a group of mercenaries to poach the poachers. I bet that would put an end to it in a hurry.

Alpharaider47
22-11-10, 17:40
We need to commission a group of mercenaries to poach the poachers. I bet that would put an end to it in a hurry.

Hehe that would be rather interesting, and probably effective!