PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Forums Appreciation Thread

The1andOnlyTR
23-11-10, 01:05
I personally feel that a thread like this is long overdue. :hug:
I'm not sure if there's one in existance already.. :o

For as long as I can remember, Tomb Raider Forums has been my number one resource for everything Tomb Raider.
With everything going on here, I never miss a beat. Tomb Raider Forums is so helpful when it comes to keeping current
on the Tomb Raider franchise and, not to mention, it's been a wonderful social experience. Everyone here is wonderful
and it's extremely nice to have an outlet to discuss Tomb Raider freely with people who know what they're talking about.
So, as a result of my immense gratefulness, I've decided to express how much I truly appreciate Tomb Raider Forums.
Justin, if you read this, I can't thank you enough for everything this site has to offer. It means a lot to me.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this. :hug:

Feel free to express your appreciation of Tomb Raider Forums. Keep it positive, please. :hug: :wve:

Mikky
23-11-10, 01:23
I personally feel that a thread like this is long overdue. :hug:
I'm not sure if there's one in existance already.. :o

For as long as I can remember, Tomb Raider Forums has been my number one resource for everything Tomb Raider.
With everything going on here, I never miss a beat. Tomb Raider Forums is so helpful when it comes to keeping current
on the Tomb Raider franchise and, not to mention, it's been a wonderful social experience. Everyone here is wonderful
and it's extremely nice to have an outlet to discuss Tomb Raider freely with people who know what they're talking about.
So, as a result of my immense gratefulness, I've decided to express how much I truly appreciate Tomb Raider Forums.
Justin, if you read this, I can't thank you enough for everything this site has to offer. It means a lot to me.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this. :hug:

Feel free to express your appreciation of Tomb Raider Forums. Keep it positive, please. :hug: :wve:

I totally agree with everything you said! :D TRF has helped through hard times and there are great people here! :hug: And, like you said, it's a great place to keep up to date on everything Tomb Raider! :D

Great thread! Go TRF! :yah:

The1andOnlyTR
23-11-10, 01:28
I totally agree with everything you said! :D TRF has helped through hard times and there are great people here! :hug: And, like you said, it's a great place to keep up to date on everything Tomb Raider! :D

Great thread! Go TRF! :yah:

Thank you! I agree with you, too. :hug:

larafan25
23-11-10, 01:31
I FRICKEN Love TRF.:pi:

The1andOnlyTR
23-11-10, 01:37

<3 :hug: :D

Legend of Lara
23-11-10, 01:39
Would someone be on TRF if they didn't like it?

Actually, don't answer that.

Mikky
23-11-10, 01:40

If you hadn't put that last sentence there, I would of named a few... :whi:

The1andOnlyTR
23-11-10, 01:41

So much for keeping positive! :tmb:

:rolleyes:

Alpharaider47
23-11-10, 01:41
TRF has changed a lot since I joined, but it's been a great run so far. I've made a lot of good friends here and have been inspired to set some good goals for myself. I've made some mistakes and I've had my share of problems, but the people here have helped me out and provided and escape from reality, and for that I'm very thankful. I haven't gotten along with everyone here, and I've had my ups and downs with a few, but I love this place, even now when a lot are discontent with it.

The1andOnlyTR
23-11-10, 01:43
TRF has changed a lot since I joined, but it's been a great run so far. I've made a lot of good friends here and have been inspired to set some good goals for myself. I've made some mistakes and I've had my share of problems, but the people here have helped me out and provided and escape from reality, and for that I'm very thankful. I haven't gotten along with everyone here, and I've had my ups and downs with a few, but I love this place, even now and a lot are discontent with it.

This is exactly why I feel like we need a thread expressing our appreciation. I've made a lifelong friend through TRF. And I don't think Justin sees the appreciation enough.
Thank you for sharing your story. :hug: :hug:

Mikky
23-11-10, 02:01
TRF has changed a lot since I joined, but it's been a great run so far. I've made a lot of good friends here and have been inspired to set some good goals for myself. I've made some mistakes and I've had my share of problems, but the people here have helped me out and provided and escape from reality, and for that I'm very thankful. I haven't gotten along with everyone here, and I've had my ups and downs with a few, but I love this place, even now and a lot are discontent with it.

Awww, that's sweet! Well said, Chaz. :hug:

Legend of Lara
23-11-10, 02:12
So much for keeping positive! :tmb:

:rolleyes:

Please, it's a well-known fact that many members on here aren't too fond of the place, and yet they hang around.

I'm not one of them, by the way.

Dina_Croft
23-11-10, 11:14
I have to admit that even though I hate some rules,

I <3 TRF.

Seriously, there's some great people here.

tonyme
23-11-10, 11:16
I love everything about this place and I always will.:) I made some great friends here and I will be forever grateful for that.:hug:

TheRCroft
23-11-10, 13:06
I love it.
I have to admit, before I joined TRF, I had a really wrong idea about forums and the Internet in general. I thought the so-called "virtual friends" were just that, friends on the virtual world, but I have to thank TRF for changing my mind, and for proving that, despite the distance, we can always make friends for life, whether they are only on the Internet or not. I have made lots of friends here, lucky me TRF is such a friendly and kindly community. I joined this forum due to my big passion for Tomb Raider, but I am now developing a big passion for all the members here, which is not difficult.
Thank you, all the TRFers :hug:
We have our arguments, we have our agreements, our hypes and our disappointments, but we are a family, no matter what happens.
And of course, I have to thank the creators of this forum, for providing an excellent place to discuss our favourite series. :D

Chocola teapot
23-11-10, 14:04
I've had some amazing times and met some amazing people here at Tee Are Eff.

cezy rockeru
23-11-10, 14:29

me too:o

Catapharact
23-11-10, 14:32
Meh... It does the job... Could be better.

The1andOnlyTR
23-11-10, 20:15
I have to admit that even though I hate some rules,

I <3 TRF.

Seriously, there's some great people here.

I love everything about this place and I always will.:) I made some great friends here and I will be forever grateful for that.:hug:

I love it.
I have to admit, before I joined TRF, I had a really wrong idea about forums and the Internet in general. I thought the so-called "virtual friends" were just that, friends on the virtual world, but I have to thank TRF for changing my mind, and for proving that, despite the distance, we can always make friends for life, whether they are only on the Internet or not. I have made lots of friends here, lucky me TRF is such a friendly and kindly community. I joined this forum due to my big passion for Tomb Raider, but I am now developing a big passion for all the members here, which is not difficult.
Thank you, all the TRFers :hug:
We have our arguments, we have our agreements, our hypes and our disappointments, but we are a family, no matter what happens.
And of course, I have to thank the creators of this forum, for providing an excellent place to discuss our favourite series. :D

I've had some amazing times and met some amazing people here at Tee Are Eff.

me too:o

:gki:

Meh... It does the job... Could be better.

:pi:

Catapharact
23-11-10, 20:22
:pi:

What? You don't like the fact that I am not running about like a loon proclaiming my undying love for an online forum?

I do appreciate this forum. I like the moderating staff and I do agree that its actually better then most online communities but there are elements IMO that can be tweaked and improved. That much is a given.

SkyPuppy
23-11-10, 20:26
meh...

The1andOnlyTR
23-11-10, 20:27
What? You don't like the fact that I am not running about like a loon proclaiming my undying love for an online forum?

I do appreciate this forum. I like the moderating staff and I do agree that its actually better then most online communities but there are elements IMO that can be tweaked and improved. That much is a given.

First of all.. We're not loons for expressing our appreciation..
Second of all.. You're entitled to your opinions but you could've been a little less negative about it.. As was called for in the first post.

Lee croft
23-11-10, 20:35
meh...

:hug:

SkyPuppy
23-11-10, 20:37

^__^ love you too. ;D

Catapharact
23-11-10, 20:38
Second of all.. You're entitled to your opinions but you could've been a little less negative about it.. As was called for in the first post.

Meh is negative? If anything it expresses an "indifferent" standpoint. As I see it, in your eyes, anyone who doesn't do the "TRF happy time shuffle" is being negative.

Los Angeles
23-11-10, 20:42
This thread is sooo butt kissing-ish... but I like TRF too.

Lee croft
23-11-10, 20:43
^__^ love you too. ;D

:yik: you cant possably!

larson n natla
23-11-10, 20:43
Adore the forums and most people here. So helpful and friendly however lately I find that I have to explain myself after every comment and it is a little off putting but the forums are still the number 1#!

SkyPuppy
23-11-10, 20:45
:yik: you cant possably!

but i do!

Gladous
23-11-10, 20:47
I hate TRF.

Lee croft
23-11-10, 20:48
I hate TRF. JK Smile*

...just saw the white text no hug for you :mad:

but i do!
Me too :hug:

Gladous
23-11-10, 20:49
...just saw the white text no hug for you :mad:

What white text? :whi:

Lee croft
23-11-10, 20:51
What white text? :whi:

:vlol: you got rid of it :hug:

Spong
23-11-10, 23:39
TRF is way, way, way better than the official Eidos TR board, that place is like a post-apocalyptic desert wasteland where the human race has been made extinct. I can't believe I wasted two years there.

And that opinion has nothing to do with the fact they perma-banned me :pi:

Phlip
23-11-10, 23:41
That was a lovely first post. :hug: I completely agree. :D Though it isn't my favourite forum. *whistle*

Spong
23-11-10, 23:42
^^Thank you :)
But it wasn't my first post :D

Phlip
23-11-10, 23:46
^^Thank you :)
But it wasn't my first post :D

Whatever, but I do agree with you about your post. I remember someone said something similair on Eidos Forums, and GoranAgar's defence was that their board was official, which counts for nothing. =/

larafan25
23-11-10, 23:48
We tend to get things faster here and usually it is because the actual members go find it themselves.

We are a bunch of internet busy bodies, I love it.:D

lara c. fan
23-11-10, 23:51
This post pretty much sums up my feelings about this forum. :)

You can't expect everyone to be sunshine and rainbows... People always have criticisms, and things they may not like.

Tony9595
24-11-10, 00:04
I'd marry it.

Underworld2008
24-11-10, 00:24
TRF is good for TR news and for help on personal issues, gaming issues and level building ones too! So yeah, its a pretty cool online forum.

and I love the drama :pi:

patriots88888
24-11-10, 00:48
Familiarity breeds contempt! :whi:

http://www.spring.org.uk/2008/05/why-familiarity-really-does-breed.php

Nah, it's a nice forum for the most part. Sure, no one forces me to be here and I wouldn't spend a portion of my free time on this forum if I did hate it, but I have to agree with those who say there is always room for improvements to be made.

'What is paradise today will be tomorrow's wasteland.' Sometimes a break is in order and it does seem to refresh my interest in TRF... it can get rather boring at times. I guess it all depends on my mood and perspective at any given time really.

:}hello friend
24-11-10, 02:05
If TRF was a fat, pregnant, drug abusing whore, would you still love her?

I most definitely would.

MattTR
24-11-10, 02:40
If TRF was a fat, pregnant, drug abusing whore, would you still love her?

I thought she was a he. :pi:

Anyways, TRF is awesome, I made so many friends and even met a handful, even though recently things have gotten out of hand, things are getting better and the future is bright. :yah:

Thank you Justin and all the other moderation staff for all your hard work and effort! :jmp:

Johnnay
24-11-10, 02:47
TRF is the only forum which i love to go to.. i have made so many friends here. but i never imagined in my life i would had a closer friend like MattTR Here... honestly the guy is the best bloke anyone would have and if it wasnt for him in my life i dont know if i would be on TRF... So thank you Bro for being here on TRF or anywhere else when i needed it:hug:

Paddy
24-11-10, 02:48
It has its moments where I admit I hate being on this forum. If it wasnt for the very few friends I has, I wouldnt remain here.

MattTR
24-11-10, 02:51
TRF is the only forum which i love to go to.. i have made so many friends here. but i never imagined in my life i would had a closer friend like MattTR Here... honestly the guy is the best bloke anyone would have and if it wasnt for him in my life i dont know if i would be on TRF... So thank you Bro for being here on TRF or anywhere else when i needed it:hug:

Thanks bro, you know I have your back. ;) But you give me way too much credit, I'm only doing what comes natural, that's being a friend.

It has its moments where I admit I hate being on this forum. If it wasnt for the very few friends I has, I wouldnt remain here.

Moments you say?! :eek: :p Kidding, but yes friends make it that much better! :D

Ikas90
24-11-10, 10:41
TRF is my online home. It's this forum that I wouldn't have been where I am today without it. It was through TRF, that I was able to find dedication to pursue my dreams and seek fulfilment in life.

And I'm still going on.

dexter void
24-11-10, 15:49
I was thinking about this the other day.

I completely agree and reading through other members comments it makes me appreciate once again why Iím on here.

I feel safe when on this forum and as if it were my online home. Even though there is such a diverse range of people and personalities on here, and everything you post on here can be taken the wrong way you feel that this community is like an empire.

mush mush mush bleugh - but Tomb Raider Forums RULE!!!