PDA

View Full Version : Revenge

DragonSlayer
23-11-10, 21:42
I was watching the Stargate Universe episode malice a while ago which to not spoil is a revenge episode if you want to know more read below just beware of spoilers
http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s2/208.shtml

My question is, If someone you cared about was hurt or killed would you take revenge?

I would consequences be damned they say revenge is a dish best served cold, in my case i would serve it piping hot when i get p****d i get p****d and i don't let anything get in my way.

Like the main character Dr Rush i would do the same in rush's place i care a lot about someone i know the same way rush cared about Amanda Perry and if something happened to her i would do what rush did consequences be damned.

Chocola teapot
23-11-10, 21:44
My question is, If someone you cared about was hurt or killed would you take revenge?

The most horrendous and disturbing revenge contemplate-able,

If I could get to them.

Lara's home
23-11-10, 21:46
Doubt it. Hardly worth the consequences.
Stargate sucks, though.

Spong
23-11-10, 21:51
I wouldn't care.
Revenge is for the petty-minded.

TombOfRaiders
23-11-10, 21:52
I was watching the Stargate Universe episode malice a while ago which to not spoil is a revenge episode if you want to know more read below just beware of spoilers
http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s2/208.shtml

I would consequences be damned they say revenge is a dish best served cold, in my case i would serve it piping hot when i get p****d i get p****d and i don't let anything get in my way.

Like the main character Dr Rush i would do the same in rush's place i care a lot about someone i know the same way rush cared about Amanda Perry and if something happened to her i would do what rush did consequences be damned.

Of course! I'd find them, knock 'em out with tranqs and cut them into little pieces alive. Badass. :cool:

DragonSlayer
23-11-10, 21:59
Doubt it. Hardly worth the consequences.
Stargate sucks, though.

There are times when consequences are irrelevant and you just gotta do what you gotta do, to quote the punisher specificially Tom Jane's punisher
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Punisher_%282004_film%29

In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law-to pursue…natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment."

Vengeance, punishment call it what you want it's all the same to me.

larafan25
23-11-10, 22:15
I would want to, but I would try to hold back.

You wouldn't want their friends getting revenge on you now would you!? D:

Underworld2008
23-11-10, 22:16
Depends

Sometimes letting them suffer a lifetime of guilt and behind bars is better than putting them out of their misery.

Alpharaider47
23-11-10, 23:07
I suppose it really depends. If somebody killed somebody very close to me, then yes I would probably hunt them down :o If I could.

robm_2007
24-11-10, 01:41
I wouoldnt kill my loved ones killer. What gives me the right to do that? And i dont think, while i could go crazy, that i would go far enough to murder someone. Then, their loved one has the right to come and kill me.

Anyways, if they sexually assaulted or attacked a loved one, i'd more murder them in the sense of blowing up their car :pi:

or going to their workplace or family function and humiliating them or something of the like.

And i hate cliches and the whole, "You killed my spouse ang offspring, now Ima gonna come and get yer with my gunz."

Ikas90
24-11-10, 09:47
Revenge is one thing that keeps the cycle of violence going.

Take it away, and even then, violence will still continue. It's human nature.

I personally would think on it, multiple times. But whether I choose to act on it or not, is what will define my integrity. I must take into account the situation and the consequences, which will determine the necessity.

It's all case-situational at the end of the day.

Avalon SARL
24-11-10, 09:58
I would want to, but I would try to hold back.

You wouldn't want their friends getting revenge on you now would you!? D:

Exactly
:tmb:

jaywalker
24-11-10, 11:52
I dont think its possible for a human being not to have a reaction if something happened to someone genuinely dear/close to them. An auto response is guarenteed.

touchthesky
24-11-10, 12:06
I would do a Crow on them.

DragonSlayer
24-11-10, 16:31
I would do a Crow on them.

Crow?

jaywalker
24-11-10, 16:32
The brandon lee movie?

jackali
24-11-10, 16:34