PDA

View Full Version : Signs of Sexuality - Do they even exist?

larafan25
25-11-10, 02:05
No I really do not want this pushed away to the gay community, it's out in the open for more people to view and whine about.

A lot of the time if not all the time we associate physical attributes or even shallow characteristics with sexuality. That girl is gay because she has short hair, that guy is gay because he has a high voice, he is bisexual because.....?

Do these assessments actually work? Can you actually judge a persons sexuality based on such silly traits? It seems to me like what we have to do to simplify it for ourselves is swap the guy into the girls role and vise versa to understand homosexuality, though by doing this we are left with no way to figure out bisexuality.

I know there are a lot of opinions on here (holly fricken crap a lot of opinions) and they all are different, some people believe we are all bisexual and just sit in different areas on a scale, others believe that we are all straight.

I was just wondering, how many people actually think these observations can tell you a persons sexuality, yes most times these observations draw such a conclusion, but why?

scoopy_loopy
25-11-10, 02:08
Of course those observations work (well I'd say at least 90% of the time, anyway). If a guy, acts, speaks, and dresses camp - he's probably gay. Although sometimes I think it's harder to tell with lesbians. There are just simply butch straight women out there.

larafan25
25-11-10, 02:14
What are these characteristics though? Are they based on really old times when men would look for women via physical signs of good firtility and women would look for when with signs of good ability to bring home food?

scoopy_loopy
25-11-10, 02:19
Well... camp means a guy acts like a woman, to the extreme, I guess - therefore, one assumes like a woman, he's interested in men?

Killercowz
25-11-10, 02:21
In some cases you can just tell.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/32065/thumbs/s-RYAN-SEACREST-large.jpg

Eddie Haskell
25-11-10, 02:51
It's an interesting topic. I can relate something about this.

When I was going to college in the late 70's, we used to hang out in a bus station that had many rows of pinball machines (I was a pinball wiz in those days). It was also the hangout of gays, although we did not know that initially. In those days I was a typical long haired, bearded and shabby dressing college kid as were many of my friends, but one of my buddies had a choir boy look to him. You know, short well groomed hair, nice slacks, fancy shirts, etc. Well, while we were playing the games, on occasion one of the gays would come over and "speak" to us. Or I should say, to my friend Walter, the "neat" one. At first it was funny, but after the first couple of times he would go off on the guy who assumed he was gay. I told him if he didn't want that kind of attention he should not come there, or change his clothes... :D

Phlip
25-11-10, 02:59
Apparently if your ring finger is longer than your index finger on a guy, you're gay. Or if your hair swirls on your head in a certain direction.

I personally think it's a crock of ****, though. =/

Ikas90
25-11-10, 03:06
Apparently if your ring finger is longer than your index finger on a guy, you're gay. Or if your hair swirls on your head in a certain direction.

=/

Well, my ring finger is longer than my index, but I'm not gay.

I have a few feminist traits that other people would consider 'gay'. It's all part of the social hype these days.

scoopy_loopy
25-11-10, 03:10

=/

It doesn't mean you're 'gay', it just a sign that you probably received more oestrogen than average in the womb (conversely longer index fingers suggests higher in-womb testosterone levels). As for the hair thing, never heard of it - and I very much doubt it.

The1andOnlyTR
25-11-10, 03:11
Apparently if your ring finger is longer than your index finger on a guy, you're gay.

Meh. Only slightly.

:gay:

freeze10108
25-11-10, 03:12

In no way is that true. Both my brother and my ring fingers are longer than our index fingers and we're straight. And the hair swirling is ridiculous.

60 Minutes actually did a special on this a few years ago (something like 4 or 5), and it seems that the stereotypes can be fairly reliable. It's interesting and has supposed scientific evidence, but I can see that it could be angering to gays because it seems to further gay stereotypes.

IoZoRbP-0WM

WTLAof9oXCI

RGnZgC47SLA

Oh, and the lady that's narrating is a little, well, misinformed, shall we say. She mentions that a theory isn't "proved" yet, but you can't "prove" a scientific theory, only support it with evidence.

In spite of all this "evidence" though, I remember reading an argument about whether or not Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil was gay based on his appearance. Typically, we would look at someone like him and assume he was gay because of the stereotypes we fall back to, but, in Japan, his appearance is actually considered to be quite masculine and there are (supposedly) a very large number of Japanese schoolboys who are dressing in fashions similar to his. It was also brought up that stereotypical gay man in Japan would have a shaven head and, iirc, would be rather muscular (which we consider to be descriptive of someone more likely to be straight than gay).

However, that being said, the only thing that, in my eyes, can make you gay is being romantically involved or attracted with or to someone of the same sex.

Phlip
25-11-10, 03:14
Well, my ring finger is longer than my index, but I'm not gay.

I have a few feminist traits that other people would consider 'gay'. It's all part of the social hype these days.

It doesn't mean you're 'gay', it just a sign that you probably received more oestrogen than average in the womb. As for the hair thing, never heard of it - and I very much doubt it.

In no way is that true. Both my brother and my ring fingers are longer than our index fingers and we're straight. And the hair swirling is ridiculous.

I said "apparently". I don't really think it's true, myself.

QiX
25-11-10, 03:14

=/

I'm a straight guy with gay hands too, this theory is just stupid.

Phlip
25-11-10, 03:17
^I agree.

MattTR
25-11-10, 03:18

And some people say they can tell off the bat, others don't have a clue.. so you got me! :vlol:

I just act myself, I laugh, I joke, and I smile. :tmb:

Eddie Haskell
25-11-10, 03:19
I'm a straight guy with gay hands too, this theory is just stupid.

Is that a common thing? I never really looked into this (or even wondered about it), I always assumed that the middle finger was the longest for everyone. My ring finger and my index finger are the same length, with my middle one a full centimeter longer.

Johnnay
25-11-10, 03:23

And some people say they can tell off the bat, others don't have a clue.. so you got me! :vlol:

I just act myself, I laugh, I joke, and I smile. :tmb:

pretty much this. im a normal kid.. i dont act or dress gay so people can easily find out.. im just a normal kid acting like a normal person who dosnt even have one pair of shorts in his bedroom.. im a pants guy:vlol:

no one IRL has really found out im bi so yeah.. and its been ages since someone asked me"are you gay":vlol:

Alpharaider47
25-11-10, 03:29
I think there's some truth to them, but there are always exceptions.

Eddie Haskell
25-11-10, 03:40
60 Minutes actually did a special on this a few years ago (something like 4 or 5), and it seems that the stereotypes can be fairly reliable. It's interesting and has supposed scientific evidence, but I can see that it could be angering to gays because it seems to further gay stereotypes.

Oh, and the lady that's narrating is a little, well, misinformed, shall we say. She mentions that a theory isn't "proved" yet, but you can't "prove" a scientific theory, only support it with evidence.

That was very enlightening, thanks for posting it.

QiX
25-11-10, 03:42
Is that a common thing? I never really looked into this (or even wondered about it), I always assumed that the middle finger was the longest for everyone. My ring finger and my index finger are the same length, with my middle one a full centimeter longer.

Supposedly the ratio between the lenght of the ring and index fingers is related to the exposure you had to testosterone and estrogen in your mother'a womb. But there's a distance from that to assume someone's preferences based just on the shape of the hand. Besides many obstetricians nowadays prescript extra suplies of estrogen to pregnant women to help with the contractions and dilatation. I'd say the longer your ring finger compared to the index the easier was to your mum to deliver you, anything else is non-sense.

Eddie Haskell
25-11-10, 04:01
Supposedly the ratio between the lenght of the ring and index fingers is related to the exposure you had to testosterone and estrogen in your mother'a womb. But there's a distance from that to assume someone's preferences based just on the shape of the hand. Besides many obstetricians nowadays prescript extra suplies of estrogen to pregnant women to help with the contractions and dilatation. I'd say the longer your ring finger compared to the index the easier was to your mum to deliver you, anything else is non-sense.

Well, in my case I was born before the doctor even had a chance to do anything. I slipped out like bar of soap in wet hands while the doc was washing his. So much for that theory...

Catracoth
25-11-10, 04:01
Naturally, no straight man looks and acts like Jeffree Star:

http://dadesignatedhata.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Jeffree_Star.jpg

jjbennett
25-11-10, 04:04
My fingers aren't even the same on each hand so i'm calling bull**** on that one.

KyleCroft
25-11-10, 04:19

There is a guy in my school who looks exactly like that haha. Just thought that was necessary to share with everyone.

On a more serious note: I think for many you can assume they are gay by the way they speak, act, etc. but not for all. I also dont think there are set sexualities like Straight, Bi, Gay, etc. In my opinion it's one gray line, and people categorize themselves with what they prefer. I consider myself straight, but I dont have the personality/likes of most straight men. So I think interests and sexuality are two completely separate 'things' that dont necessarily go hand in hand.

amaris
25-11-10, 06:13
Eeh, i think that the stereotypes are somewhat right, but they also can be WAY wrong. The giveaway for me is speech and movement.

aurora89
25-11-10, 07:02
My ring finger and index finger are pretty much the same length. :D You know what that means... :p

Anyways, I exhibited "signs" of liking girls when I was fairly young, like 12. I wasn't interested in boys, at all, and the only boy I wanted to put up posters of was Legolas from Lord of the Rings. Not Orlando Bloom. Legolas. I only liked him when he was all pretty with long blond hair. :P

I also had what could maybe be called a neurosis about naked women. I refused to look at them and would leave the room when women would get naked. I was really crazy about it (because I was having fantasies about girls from the time I hit puberty and my mom told me you could only become lesbian if you looked at too many naked girls).

Besides that, I don't know. I never played softball, and I have short hair now but only because I went bald because of health problems (I'm trying to grow it out). I don't wear a lot of makeup, but that's because I'm usually too tired and I tend to fall asleep with it on when I do. I do like wearing makeup on special occasions. I love video games, but I know plenty of straight women who like them too. So I don't know if there were any of the stereotypical signs for me, but I think many people definitely suspected since I wasn't into boys.

freeze10108
25-11-10, 07:04
That was very enlightening, thanks for posting it.

You're welcome. I'm glad someone watched it; I was kind of afraid that it would just be kind of glossed over... :o

I remember watching this a while ago and telling my friends about it during lunch. They thought that the birth rule thing was rather odd and didn't believe it, especially the left handed thing, but did believe everything else.

However, I now have a theory as to why the older-brother thing doesn't apply to left-handed males. Dr. Oz explained on Oprah (http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-Answers-Burning-Medical-Questions/15) (only the first paragraph applies to this topic) a few years ago how that people who are left-handed develop differently in the womb than those who are right-handed. He said, essentially, that when in the womb, people who are going to be left-handed have the other half of their brains (the right side, which isn't normally developed quite as strongly as the left) develop to become equal to the left side of the brain because of an extra amount of testosterone (I'm not sure exactly how to phrase this, but basically there's extra testosterone used in the brain development).

I hypothesize that this extra bit of testosterone is enough to offset the Older-Brother Effect, as it was shown that a lack of testosterone in the rats caused the male rat to behave in a more female manner, so having more testosterone should have the opposite effect.

tonyme
25-11-10, 07:15
Yeah, that is probably the only matter where I use stereotyping and it almost works everytime. Some guys have 'girly' ways though and are straight, so I don't know. And of course it's harder to tell with lesbians.

Melonie Tomb Raider
25-11-10, 07:55

If it wasn't for those wacko eyebrows, he'd be pretty. ^.^

xXhayleyroxXx
25-11-10, 09:08
Well... camp means a guy acts like a woman, to the extreme, I guess - therefore, one assumes like a woman, he's interested in men?

Yeah, and I agree with your point that its harder to tell with women. One of my teachers is gay -- and noticeably. He is very feminine, loves fashion and has even developed his own way of speaking. But to be honest, a straight guy could be like that.

:p

erosan
25-11-10, 09:21
^ I actually find it for me a lot easier to tell which girls are gay then with guys. I have a pretty good gaydar with girls.

xXhayleyroxXx
25-11-10, 09:45
^ I actually find it for me a lot easier to tell which girls are gay then with guys. I have a pretty good gaydar with girls.

I'm the opposite :p I'm really good at sussing out a gay man :p

tonyme
25-11-10, 09:45
I'm the opposite :p I'm really good at sussing out a gay man :p

lmao Same here.:p

xXhayleyroxXx
25-11-10, 09:50
lmao Same here.:p

high5! :vlol: :hug: xxx

Lemmie
25-11-10, 09:54
I appear to have gay hands - index finger being longer than the ring finger, that is. Although, no other gay man that I've met has it. So I'm wondering how common among gays it really is... :/

Old article on the BBC. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/695142.stm)

tonyme
25-11-10, 10:01

Oh... I've never heard about that before!:eek: Yeah the finger thing works with me, but not the hair thing.:p

Legend 4ever
25-11-10, 13:44
I swear, I have the worst gaydar in the world. I think every hot guy is gay lol

Eddie Haskell
25-11-10, 13:57
You're welcome. I'm glad someone watched it; I was kind of afraid that it would just be kind of glossed over... :o

I remember watching this a while ago and telling my friends about it during lunch. They thought that the birth rule thing was rather odd and didn't believe it, especially the left handed thing, but did believe everything else.

However, I now have a theory as to why the older-brother thing doesn't apply to left-handed males. Dr. Oz explained on Oprah (http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-Answers-Burning-Medical-Questions/15) (only the first paragraph applies to this topic) a few years ago how that people who are left-handed develop differently in the womb than those who are right-handed. He said, essentially, that when in the womb, people who are going to be left-handed have the other half of their brains (the right side, which isn't normally developed quite as strongly as the left) develop to become equal to the left side of the brain because of an extra amount of testosterone (I'm not sure exactly how to phrase this, but basically there's extra testosterone used in the brain development).

I hypothesize that this extra bit of testosterone is enough to offset the Older-Brother Effect, as it was shown that a lack of testosterone in the rats caused the male rat to behave in a more female manner, so having more testosterone should have the opposite effect.

It might have been a bit long for most of the members in here, after all they're modern youths with incredibly short attention spans. :p

However it certainly delved into the issue enough to cast doubt on the home environment angle. After watching this the most plausible explanation that they delivered was the hormonal one.

I am the 2nd son born in a total of 4. All of us are very straight. However the theory obviously has merit since this is actually happening. The entire issue is interesting and worthy of more research.

Chocola teapot
25-11-10, 13:58
It's easy to tell IMO, I think there's a few things about gay guys.
(Feminine features, Voices, Mannerisms, Eyes...?)

Have no idea what it is, I can just tell.

I can't explain how, But my Gaydar is top notch,

I've always been right when guessing. :p

With girls however? Not a clue. :vlol:

Avalon SARL
25-11-10, 14:06
LOL
Everyone acts to the way he was raised, to the atmosphere around him :)
I dont possibly think these signs are very accurate to fit the whole population

Over here, they say breastfeeding your baby for two complete years will make your baby boy grow gay :vlol:
That is riiculous :p

But of course, a man acting so feminine I guess is so true or when he puts makeup or other girly stuff

But, other than traits, you can know by the way they eye you, especially at the gym :p ;)

knightgames
25-11-10, 14:07

I personally think it's a crock of ****, though. =/

I've been gay my whole life and never knew it. Who makes up these rituals or rights of passage and never tells me? SHEEESH!!!!

Capt. Murphy
25-11-10, 15:02
I think it's a bit silly to presume someone is 'this' just by looking at 'that' and drawing some conclusion that will probably be wrong. Like the 'idea' of a guy with ring fingers longer than his index finger is homosexual. That can't be. Because I have that and I'm straight. Or over 30, thin, single, and neat... Well, if you seen my house you'd know I'm not actually "neat". :D

Pardon me if I'm going off-topic here but it's something I have to air...

Regardless of "Sexuality" - a sure sign of a pervert is that they FLAUNT their sexuality. That is essentially a Sexual Deviant. They talk about or either openly display details of their deeds that would normally be left a private matter between two people. Because nobody wants to know what they do and nobody certainly never asked to know! :mad: I think the key word here is having a sense of self respect and shame... e.g. knowing what is appropriate.

There is someone I know (or used to know) that makes light of her activities with other people. And knowing this stuff just makes me absolutely depressed for her... knowing she's living such a reckless lifestyle. But I guess it's her choice. And she is absolutely delusional... Yet, she tells people not to judge her for what she does, but the kind of person she is. Well.... She is a good person. But she's headed straight for hell if she doesn't repent of her lifestyle. She wants to claim she has some kind of relationship with God, but carries on in activities that are quite demonic/hedonistic.... It's heartbreaking. :(

And if you tell me to be happy for her because (she thinks) she's happy... Then you're looking at it wrong. To be happy someone is taking the wrong path in life is the highest form of hatred to have for another. :mad:

Simochka
25-11-10, 15:40

He's not a homosexual though :)'

If it wasn't for those wacko eyebrows, he'd be pretty. ^.^

That make up with natural eyebrows? eww

Chocola teapot
25-11-10, 15:42
He's not a homosexual though :)'

Have you listened to Lollypop Luxury or Straight boys?

Simochka
25-11-10, 15:44
Have you listened to Lollypop Luxury or Straight boys?

He's bisexual. And that's not the same thing :p
Make up and pink hair don't make someone gay

Chocola teapot
25-11-10, 15:48
He's bisexual. And that's not the same thing :p
Make up and pink hair don't make someone gay

He identifies with being gay, and apparently has felt that way since he was little.

“I knew I was gay, since like fifth grade,” he begins.
Star’s father died when he was young, leaving his mom, a model, to raise him alone.
When she’d go to work, he would dig through her makeup and experiment.

http://www.laweekly.com/2007-05-10/news/jeffree-star/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffree_Star

Simochka
25-11-10, 15:53
He identifies with being gay, and apparently has felt that way since he was little.

http://www.laweekly.com/2007-05-10/news/jeffree-star/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffree_Star

"is it wrong to find both genders attractive? everyone's obsessed with labels.. relax and enjoy the pleasures of both"
- Jeffree Star

He have said himself many times that he don't want to define himself in a category. And it's known that he's bisexual and not homo.

Survival
25-11-10, 15:53
I´m gay but everyone tells me if I didn´t tell them they wouldn´t know because I don´t look or act like what people believe all gays to look and behave like. I mean obivously you can pretty much recognize some gay guys from the get go but that´s just because they´re the obvious ones... that doesn´t mean everyone that fits / doesn´t fit the stereotype is / is not gay.

Chocola teapot
25-11-10, 16:03
"is it wrong to find both genders attractive? everyone's obsessed with labels.. relax and enjoy the pleasures of both"
- Jeffree Star

He have said himself many times that he don't want to define himself in a category. And it's known that he's bisexual and not homo.

Not according to Every other source on Teh Interwebs.

And It's known?

Google: "Is Jefree Star gay?" OR "Is jefree star Gay or Bisexual?"

Gay is the usual answer.

jackles
25-11-10, 18:06
I worked in retail for a long time....and coincidentally I worked with quite a few gay guys. Some were camp...some you would never have guessed, some were straight yet acted pretty camp....some acted extra straight so that we knew they were straight! I don't think there is any pretty label which can denote signs of sexuality...some people are camp others are not. One of my female friends (into football, cropped hair, masculine clothes and just has a butch thing going on) is always after men.

Lizard of Oz
25-11-10, 19:16
A lot of the stereotypes are true, but generalizing homosexuality is stupid and ignorant.

Bisexuality is a little more complex. Like this diagram:

S____________________________B____________________ ________G

Straight, Bi, and Gay. Very few people are right in the middle, there is a higher spectrum to all of that. Most of us fall somewhere there, and even some straight people show very small signs of bisexuality. Most straight people can overlook them and live a happy straight life though :D

Lee croft
25-11-10, 19:29
Alot of people think I'm gay but I'm not I am Bi but they asume that because I act so girly ¬_¬ I really dont like it when people do that.

Pietras
25-11-10, 19:40

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/32065/thumbs/s-RYAN-SEACREST-large.jpg

I died lolololololol

But anyway. Just look at guy's crotch. I he's getting a boner seeing a naked woman = straight. Seeing a naked man = gay. Seeing both = bi. Problem solved.

TRfan23
25-11-10, 19:53
imo I think all the stereotypes have nothing to do with one's sexuality.

My theory is that certain parts get overloaded with oestrogen in the womb causing certain characteristics and affects one's personality to equate to woman's characteristics, and same with woman except it's testosterone to equate to man's characteristics.

Perhaps certain parts of the brain gets dubbed with lots of it so that one's index finger is longer then the next finger, their voice is effeminate blah blah.

And one's sexuality is just another that's got an overdose of oestrogen, perhaps within the Hypothalamus, considering that's what deals with sexuality?

I died lolololololol

But anyway. Just look at guy's crotch. I he's getting a boner seeing a naked woman = straight. Seeing a naked man = gay. Seeing both = bi. Problem solved.

Or if you can't see clearly, you could just go down and grab them just to find out for definite. It may also give you the indication of if they're a man or a woman if it's not obvious ;)

Pietras
25-11-10, 19:59
Or if you can't see clearly, you could just go down and grab them just to find out for definite. It may also give you the indication of if they're a man or a woman if it's not obvious ;)
Precisely. I swear, people just like to complicate things when solutions are so simple :D

coolaideonfire
25-11-10, 22:17
They have to work at least some of the time otherwise the stereotype wouldn't exist, but it's just as possible to find people who do not fit with the characteristics many associate with sexuality.

Dark Lugia 2
25-11-10, 22:42
I absolutely hate the camp stereotype. :p I'm slightly camp but I think anyone would find my interests stereotypically 'guy' ones, I'm not into anything girly. Girly things like makeup for example i'd never ever use. Yet a small few people think I'm gay just by 'monitoring' me, wtf?

Also, people who think they have a good 'gaydar' annoy me beyond belief. As if they've have some god-given ability to tell something that others cant. Fair enough if some people are nearly always right, but its the people that get big-headded about it that annoy me, you know? :p

Btw - I'm straight

disapearing-boy
26-11-10, 00:58

Well I have an older brother and I'm gay. I'm also left-handed. I seem very straight to most people though a few have guessed it easily! Maybe due to the extra testosterone, I have many more masculine traits. I have a deep voice, have been shaving since I was 14, hit puberty earlier than my peers and I've more body hair than average. But when I was a young kid I did play with some of my sisters toys, like tea-sets and toy cookers, although I hated dolls and cried if my brother called me a girl. Getting older, I liked alot of 'guy' things except I'm not that sporty.

It might have been a bit long for most of the members in here, after all they're modern youths with incredibly short attention spans. :p

However it certainly delved into the issue enough to cast doubt on the home environment angle. After watching this the most plausible explanation that they delivered was the hormonal one.

I am the 2nd son born in a total of 4. All of us are very straight. However the theory obviously has merit since this is actually happening. The entire issue is interesting and worthy of more research.

Are your younger brothers left-handed? Maybe that's why! Although my dad had five brothers, three of which were younger. All are straight. My mum's four brothers are straight also! So the odds may increase but are not guaranteed to make one gay. I read that each born son after the second has a 30% chance of being gay and the odds don't go any higher, it's the same odds, like first 2% then 12% or something random like that, and then 30% for each successive son.

Although, many families these days have less kids, therefore less boys, yet we have 'more' gay people among my age group. I say 'more' as maybe they're just more open about it as society changes. The first born male has much more testosterone than any of the other brothers, who all have much less testosterone production.. perhaps this is a primate thing, like prehistoric society needed a dominant male.
It really makes you think, I believe there's more than one cause..who know's?:p

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-11-10, 02:08
That make up with natural eyebrows? eww

Pink eyebrows are fine, but they are so high arched like old ladies draw them. :vlol: :p

freeze10108
26-11-10, 02:35
Well I have an older brother and I'm gay. I'm also left-handed.

Essentially, your left-handedness means the Older Brother Effect didn't affect you; you had the same 2% chance that your brother did before you of being gay.

So the odds may increase but are not guaranteed to make one gay. I read that each born son after the second has a 30% chance of being gay and the odds don't go any higher, it's the same odds, like first 2% then 12% or something random like that, and then 30% for each successive son.

It's a 30% higher chance of being gay (I've also seen 33%, but 30% is a little easier to work with). So, if you were the second child, and you were right-handed, you'd have a 2*1.30 = 2.6% chance of being gay. This could be modeled by the function f(n) = 2(1.3)^(n-1) (http://imgur.com/k3ij6.jpg) where n = the number of child you are. However, I believe that there must be something more to this that limits the amount of growth of the function, because once you hit your 16th boy (which is, actually, an insanely high amount of boys), the probability of him being gay is over 100%.

Although, many families these days have less kids, therefore less boys, yet we have 'more' gay people among my age group. I say 'more' as maybe they're just more open about it as society changes.

I believe that it's as you say that more gay people are being more open about their sexuality.

Simochka
26-11-10, 14:13
Not according to Every other source on Teh Interwebs.

And It's known?

Google: "Is Jefree Star gay?" OR "Is jefree star Gay or Bisexual?"

Gay is the usual answer.

Well then I suppose random people knows it better then himself :)
And yeah ofcourse gay is the most common answer since most people who writes about him is either haters or they don't know. I'm not going to read info from random sites. His official facebook is good enough for me :)

Pink eyebrows are fine, but they are so high arched like old ladies draw them. :vlol: :p

IMO that's what makes his "look". But I can see why some people find them weird :p

DgoOdz94
26-11-10, 17:07
I sometimes think that these 'characteristics' to tell gay people is just part of the stereotyping, but whatever.

I'm gay and I've had mixed reactions. One was: "Really? :eek: REALLY???". Another was: "Oh. I've had my suspicions anyways." So yeah, I don't even know.

Sometimes though it is somewhat obvious, but because they make it obvious (meaning they're openly gay). I bet a closeted gay person would not dare much to show about his/her sexuality.

ultima espio
26-11-10, 17:18
Yeah, I think they do exist. I mean, one of my EX-best friends is gay. He denied it for years and years...but it was so obvious. I mean, he had the voice, actions, interests of a Gay man. He even brought Barbie dolls to School with him. And STILL denied it:o He's out now though...

StarCroft:AOD
26-11-10, 17:27
Yeah, I think they do exist. I mean, one of my EX-best friends is gay. He denied it for years and years...but it was so obvious. I mean, he had the voice, actions, interests of a Gay man. He even brought Barbie dolls to School with him. And STILL denied it:o He's out now though...

:vlol: so cliche

Signs of Sexuality - Do they even exist?

No. why? because:

Watch my profile pic, I'm homosexual(:rolleyes:) and in real life I'm actually A 'macho', and womanizing:D I don't look like homosexual, or do I?:rolleyes:

:cen: stereotypes:mad:

Chocola teapot
26-11-10, 17:50
Well then I suppose random people knows it better then himself :)
And yeah ofcourse gay is the most common answer since most people who writes about him is either haters or they don't know. I'm not going to read info from random sites. His official facebook is good enough for me :)

Plenty of Quotes from Jefree himself in Interviews Too, Dear.

All I've gotta say is, Jefree's said plenty of times HIMSELF that he's gay,
Even Wikipedia mentions him being gay due to there being so many sources.

I could find lots of interviews on youtube where he says he's gay.

He may have said: "Is it wrong to find both genders attractive?
everyone's obsessed with labels.. relax and enjoy the pleasures of both"

He's obviously trying to be alternative by ignoring 'labels' and being androgynous,
Even with his sexuality, It's a popular thing to do.

Going by multiple instances where he mentions being Gay AND his lyrics,
it's more likely he's Gay, if bisexual then more inclined toward men.

Legends
26-11-10, 17:52

http://dadesignatedhata.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Jeffree_Star.jpgThat doesn't just apply for straight men, but for men in general. Some men actually have dignity regardless of their sexuality.

tampi
26-11-10, 21:00
Some days ago I want to write in this thread. But everything is complicated and I can never read or have the time to explain my point.

I was just wondering, how many people actually think these observations can tell you a persons sexuality, yes most times these observations draw such a conclusion, but why?

A few days ago we talked about genders. This is completely related with that topic.

Talk about what I know best. Myself.
For example, I'm male. All my behavior, my voice, my gestures, my features, my movements, my eyes are male. But there, inside me, there is something that makes me different from other men. Sometimes, depending on ... I don't know, I can be as feminine or more than a woman.
How?!?
My way of thinking about some things, do i have a completely different view of an ordinary man.
That does not mean anything. But it doesn't fit with what my normal appearance or behavior indicates.

Some years ago I'm thinking that we complicate our lives, ourselves, more than necessary.

We have a so complex behavior and so rich in variety, tastes, ways of being, that any "love" might become possible. Only, I think, missing the truth. Explaining to the person next to you, what your preferences. Be true, real and lose the shame. In this way we would realize that on many occasions, we all have a much broader sexual behavior in all senses.
That is, as a little graphic I've seen in the thread. Everyone, really, are enough complex to not be completely pigeonholed into one role of personality.

So conclusion?

We are losing the true wealth of our true personalities in many cases.

On that about fingers length, look what I said :ton::D

Simochka
26-11-10, 21:48
Plenty of Quotes from Jefree himself in Interviews Too, Dear.

All I've gotta say is, Jefree's said plenty of times HIMSELF that he's gay,
Even Wikipedia mentions him being gay due to there being so many sources.

I could find lots of interviews on youtube where he says he's gay.

He may have said: "Is it wrong to find both genders attractive?
everyone's obsessed with labels.. relax and enjoy the pleasures of both"

He's obviously trying to be alternative by ignoring 'labels' and being androgynous,
Even with his sexuality, It's a popular thing to do.

Going by multiple instances where he mentions being Gay AND his lyrics,
it's more likely he's Gay, if bisexual then more inclined toward men.

Someone who is androgynous is a guy who acts like both a guy and girl and a girl who acts like a guy and girl. Example long time ago it was androgynous for a man to take out their baby for a walk.
It has nothing to do with pleasure.
Well I don't really care what he is because I don't care. But I've heard he is bi. :)
And internet isn't a good soruce. According to a regular google search he is a tranny, transexual, girl, hermaphrodite, gay, bi, straight and god knows what

Los Angeles
26-11-10, 21:59
umm.. feminine guys don't turn me on at all.. xD

Simochka
26-11-10, 22:03
umm.. feminine guys don't turn me on at all.. xD

Are you gay or bi? Many feminine guys (like me) are usually into bi and straight men so gay men shouldn't worry about it :p
It's a little weird. I'm very feminine. I'm wearing make up and a mix between guy and girl clothes (more trendy then many trannies) but I really hate feminine guys (expect Jeffree Star) xD They don't turn me on at all.

Los Angeles
26-11-10, 22:06
Are you gay or bi? Many feminine guys (like me) are usually into bi and straight men so gay men shouldn't worry about it :p
It's a little weird. I'm very feminine. I'm wearing make up and a mix between guy and girl clothes (more trendy then many trannies) but I really hate feminine guys (expect Jeffree Star) xD They don't turn me on at all.

Hmm.. I don't know.. I think I'm rather gay. lol

But I'm the same.. Most of the time, only straight acting guys turn me on... :ton:

Simochka
26-11-10, 22:09
Hmm.. I don't know.. I think I'm rather gay. lol

But I'm the same.. Most of the time, only straight acting guys turn me on... :ton:

Well I'm not talking about straight acting guys :mis:
Well I think it's different from person to person. But I think many people would be shocked if they found out how many straight men are fantasising about. I don't know how many straight and experimental guys in all ages are contacting me everyday. It's sick :O

larafan25
26-11-10, 22:53
^It sounds like you've made a business.:)

Chocola teapot
26-11-10, 23:12
Someone who is androgynous is a guy who acts like both a guy and girl and a girl who acts like a guy and girl.

I know...

Apparent bisexuality would compliment his Androgynous looks.

And:

Are you gay or bi? Many feminine guys (like me) are usually into bi and straight men so gay men shouldn't worry about it

Indeed, I wonder if it's then the other way around with Manly Gay and Bisexual guys.

For them to be more attracted to feminine ones, I mean.

It'd be like a special system of attraction that gets guys together. :p

TRfan23
26-11-10, 23:25
There's Pansexuality, which is where you're gender blind, and your attracted towards anyone. Regardless of whether they're a man, woman, transsexual, transgendered and so on.

I wonder what their stereotypes are?

jamie cowdell
27-11-10, 01:06
I don’t have a problem with gay people but camp people can be annoying.

larafan25
27-11-10, 01:16
I don’t have a problem with gay people but camp people can be annoying.

Hmmm...

I dislike this, why do we feel negatively about gay people with flamboyant personalities?:/

jamie cowdell
27-11-10, 01:19
Hmmm...

I dislike this, why do we feel negatively about gay people with flamboyant personalities?:/
I don’t feel negative and I wouldn’t want to offend anyone. I’m not sure why camp people annoy me I guess its because of the way they talk and act etc.

larafan25
27-11-10, 01:21
I don’t feel negative and I wouldn’t want to offend anyone. I’m not sure why camp people annoy me I guess its because of the way they talk and act etc.

Well I guess that is fair.:/

Some people are more mellow and enjoy being around calm personalities I guess.:/

DgoOdz94
27-11-10, 01:23
So I asked between my friends that know I'm gay if they could have guessed I was gay. Most of them said no. And a couple said they really didn't know.

larafan25
27-11-10, 01:25
So I asked between my friends that know I'm gay if they could have guessed I was gay. Most of them said no. And a couple said they really didn't know.

Hmmm....

From my past experiences it is easy to tell. A couple times when I have first met girls, they seem to like like me, but then as time passes and we talk and become friends, we are just friends.

tomblover
27-11-10, 01:32
What we define as "sexuality" are only stereotypes that might or might not be very widespread and therefore come across as evidence of a particular sexuality. There's nothing to it beyond that.

As for myself, I don't think there's such a thing as bisexuality, heterosexuality or homosexuality, and whatever colorful things there may be inbetween those three scales.

I love people. We all love people.

Now, whether said people would like to engage in a more intimate (read: sexual) relationship with somebody of their own gender or otherwise, that is another matter, I think. Then it's more about what physical qualities you find yourself attracted to.

When talking about mental qualities, I don't think we are gender-bound. It's only when the physical aspect comes to mind that we actively choose what gender to seek out. You might like male or female parts, it just depends on what you find the most attractive. That which wins out, defines your "physical" sexuality.

So in short: We mentally have no sexuality. Physically, we do.

Anybody get me? :p

larafan25
27-11-10, 01:42
What we define as "sexuality" are only stereotypes that might or might not be very widespread and therefore come across as evidence of a particular sexuality. There's nothing to it beyond that.

As for myself, I don't think there's such a thing as bisexuality, heterosexuality or homosexuality, and whatever colorful things there may be inbetween those three scales.

Now, whether said people would like to engage in a more intimate (read: sexual) relationship with somebody of their own gender or otherwise, that is another matter, I think. Then it's more about what physical qualities you find yourself attracted to.

When talking about mental qualities, I don't think we are gender-bound. It's only when the physical aspect comes to mind that we actively choose what gender to seek out. You might like male or female parts, it just depends on what you find the most attractive. That which wins out, defines your "physical" sexuality.

I get what you are saying but...

I get friend crushes and begin to miss people and personalities when I don't hang out with them for a while, I get to like people a lot, however that is not a sexual attraction. However when I do like someone sexually, and it's not just "oh he is hot" I find myself giving in to anything physical qualities or personality traits I before may not have liked because it becomes part of this great thing I like.

DgoOdz94
27-11-10, 01:46
Hmmm....

From my past experiences it is easy to tell. A couple times when I have first met girls, they seem to like like me, but then as time passes and we talk and become friends, we are just friends.
I guess it the end it just depends on the person's personality. Sometimes it'll be easy to tell, and other time you cannot even imagine it.

tomblover
27-11-10, 01:48
'kay, I'm so tired ATM so excuse me if I don't make any sense but if I understood what you said...

Of course, all these little qualities form one big attraction, but my basic meaning was that we can love anybody as long as we leave physical qualities out of the image.

However, this physical attraction will often win over the mental attraction that you might feel, unless these mental qualities are so superlative that they match up to the physical qualities of the subject at hand.

And if both physical and mental attraction are at the same level... well, there you have your true love that you can't bring yourself to dislike any part of.

larafan25
27-11-10, 01:49
What if there isa guy who has physical qualities which you once didn't turn your head for. However then you get a huge crush (these things have no explanation, it just happensO.O) and suddenly you are like "Oh, ok...yaaa:D".

tomblover
27-11-10, 01:53
That I have no answer for... :p Been a victim of it myself once, it really is unexplainable. o_o

Maybe it's just that you have shielded this person from yourself for whatever reason, and when you don't for a moment, you realize your attraction to this person's qualities.

AmericanAssassin
27-11-10, 07:15

Quoted for truth. There's not much else to say here. Of course there are signs! :p

Pietras
27-11-10, 14:17

Physical attraction defies out choice of partners and that's simply a fact and reality. There can be sex without love, but there's no love without sex thus nobody can fall in love in someone he/she doesn't want to have sex with.

I get you would like a utopian world where we could fall in love in everyone regardless of gender but knock knock, who's there? Reality ;)

Azerutan
27-11-10, 15:01
Wow, this topic in unbelievable.

Just ask the guy or girl whether they're gay or not if you're interest in them. Who cares... People who say they can "tell" who's gay show signs of pure arrogance. You cannot tell anything, sexuality is not black and white, you're not Gods with the power to deciphrate one's sexuality and personality. A man may have woman-ish maneirisms but he may not be necessarily gay or a woman may not be the typical girly female but she may not be a "butch". That's taking the stereotype and label people when you have no right to.

Sorry for my honesty, I, for one, couldn't care less for who is gay or not, it's their lives and not my business.

IceColdLaraCroft
27-11-10, 15:44
My friend's husband thinks he knows everything and he's writing a paper (for some online college) about how you can tell someone is gay in their face (things like their eyes and hair shape and fingers).

It's REALLY REALLY annoying.

TippingWater
27-11-10, 15:45

:tmb:

IceColdLaraCroft
27-11-10, 15:50
:tmb:

He's straight...very straight and they live in a rural town in a state that's all white people. I'm the only gay person they socialize with (few times a year), so I really don't see how he can come up with this theory when they aren't around gay people!

I'm gay and there are people I thought were straight and were gay or the other way around.

scoopy_loopy
28-11-10, 03:41
My friend's husband thinks he knows everything and he's writing a paper (for some online college) about how you can tell someone is gay in their face (things like their eyes and hair shape and fingers).

Actually for some people, I swear it's true. :pi:

Also I'm suddenly reminded of "Derek". :vlol:
Z2sySORDLjo