PDA

View Full Version : Achievements for All Tomb Raiders

Emmo
25-11-10, 06:02
When I saw this (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1196005) in Steam forums, I also thought the same thing for TR series. They can rebuild the games with achievements and then sell them as digital copy. (They do not need upgrade graphics.) I know recent TR games (except PC) already have achievement systems but I think this still be good for old ones.

What do you say? (Especially Keir and Jay)

EscondeR
25-11-10, 08:22
No, thanks. The Classics is perfect because you can set the achievements on your own, whatever you like. We don't need to be nursed even at this :rolleyes:

Paddy
25-11-10, 08:32
Achievements are overated. Dont need a number or a message on my screen to decide if Ive achieved something good.

Lara Croft!
25-11-10, 11:28
I never cared about achievements. I like to play the game and finish it, nothing more...

Lara Fan 4Life
25-11-10, 12:30
Honestly, I'd like the classics games to get achievements! :o

tampi
25-11-10, 12:37
I don't understand that about "achievements" :confused:

But you don't going to believe me, but several days ago that the word "remaster" is in my head bouncing continuously.

Lara's Nemesis
25-11-10, 12:42
I think the classics were re-released on Playstation Network, not sure if they had trophies or not.

Would like to see them on Xbox Live but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Lara Fan 4Life
25-11-10, 12:46
I think the classics were re-released on Playstation Network, not sure if they had trophies or not.

Nope, I don't think they had trophies as far as I know!

EscondeR
25-11-10, 12:49
Do you expect to get a cookie, if you climb on Everest??? Isn't the ascension itself a reward, satisfaction?

Lara's Nemesis
25-11-10, 12:53
Do you expect to get a cookie, if you climb on Everest??? Isn't the ascension itself a reward, satisfaction?

I kind of agree with you but the idea of achievements for games was ingenious and has been hugely successful.

Mikky
25-11-10, 13:24
Yeah, sure. It would give extra replayability. :D

EscondeR
25-11-10, 13:40
Not to rain on your parade... but no achievements can save the boring game. In other words if the game relays on achievement system only to increase replayability, that game better not appear at all.

Mikky
25-11-10, 13:47
Not to rain on your parade... but no achievements can save the boring game. In other words if the game relays on achievement system only to increase replayability, that game better not appear at all.

But the whole reason of achievements is to add replayability, so they're perfect for "boring games", as you describe them. :p

Vinkula
25-11-10, 13:49
Yes. Not the classics, but I'd like to have Legend and Anniversary with trophies :)

EscondeR
25-11-10, 13:51
But the whole reason of achievements is to add replayability, so they're perfect for "boring games", as you describe them. :p

Not sure if you tried to kid here... :confused: Guess it wasn't the best attempt :p