PDA

View Full Version : Is Bermuda Triangle REAL?

Avalon SARL
26-11-10, 19:48
I have been thinking, with all the technologies and discoveries we are able to do in this century, why is this place still so mysterious?

Cant scientists at least really make sure that things do disappear at this place :confused:

xcrushterx
26-11-10, 19:50
No, it's not.

Chocola teapot
26-11-10, 19:50
I know 'The Secret'

But I'm not telling.

Forwen
26-11-10, 19:57
Yes, it is.

1) You take a map

2) You draw a triangle between Bermuda, Miami and Puerto Rico

Voila, Bermuda Triangle.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/bmd_trg2.jpg

Cochrane
26-11-10, 19:58
Is it real? Well yes, that place in the ocean does exist. But there is no evidence that it is any weirder than any other place on earth. Insurance companies have found that there is no greater risk to planes and ships going through the Bermuda triangle than anywhere else, and I figure they’d know.

A lot of ships and planes are passing through the Bermuda triangle every day. Some of them are bound to sink, crash and so on, that’s simple statistics, so the Bermuda triangle looks pretty dangerous. But considering how much is going through there, that is not actually true.

Killercowz
26-11-10, 20:07
Nope.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-11-10, 20:09
Of course its real -- its whether ships and planes get sucked into it which is the mystery.

larafan25
26-11-10, 20:11
Yes.

As for what causes these things to happen, who knows.

DgoOdz94
26-11-10, 20:12
I don't really know. I say no, but whatever.

larafan25
26-11-10, 20:14
I don't really know. I say no, but whatever.

How can it not be real.

There is a location which on a maps exists in a triangle area and ships and planes disappear here.

DgoOdz94
26-11-10, 20:16
How can it not be real.

There is a location which on a maps exists in a triangle area and ships and planes disappear here.
I know the locations exists. I was referring to the stories behind all the disappearances.

Rai
26-11-10, 20:23
The location is real (obviously), but the disappearances surrounding it are myth. We don't really know if or why ships and planes disappear there.

There is a scientific theory that it has something to do with methane gas found under the sea there. I can't remember the exact theory though, but I'll try and look it up.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-11-10, 20:29
The location is real (obviously), but the disappearances surrounding it are myth. We don't really know if or why ships and planes disappear there.

There is a scientific theory that it has something to do withmethane gas found under the sea there. I can't remember the exact theory though, but I'll try and look it up.

There's the gas theory and also that magnetic forces bring the ships and planes down. Its quite interesting :p

Katie_Tomb_Raider
26-11-10, 20:33
I love the Bermuda Triangle, one of my TR stories is based around it

Squibbly
26-11-10, 22:16
As others have already stated, yes, the Bermuda Triangle is a real area, but I know you meant the myths that surround it.

There are many theories to explain what goes on there.

Methane was mentioned. Methane hydrates can be found on the continental shelves in the area. Some experiments have been done, which concluded that the bubbles from this (methane eruptions) could sink a ship by disrupting the buoyancy needed to keep it afloat. The Gulf Stream could then carry the ship away elsewhere, making it seem like it has just vanished.

Another very plausible theory is rogue waves. These enormous, spontaneous waves form far out in sea and pose a great danger to ships and oil rigs. They were believed to be a myth at one point, but are indeed real.

I have heard about magnetic disturbances with compasses, but I don't know enough about that to comment. Will have to read up on that.

Legends
26-11-10, 22:21
I have been thinking, with all the technologies and discoveries we are able to do in this century, why is this place still so mysterious?

Cant scientists at least really make sure that things do disappear at this place :confused:
Careful! You don't wanna get sucked into it.

sandygrimm
26-11-10, 22:22
YES

http://i54.************/15qubkk.jpg

:p but seriously. As a region it exists, as phenomenon.. a lot of unexplained events true, but believe what you want. :)

moodydog
26-11-10, 22:34
why is it hot near the equator... that is a specific region around the world.
Maybe Bermuda is a region which experiences high winds?? But the chances of a storm to come up whilst every boat passes is pretty slim, I bet its to do with the plates underneath... or something to do with the magnetic poles.

ShadyCroft
26-11-10, 22:38
Its as real as you make it. :)

michaeldt
26-11-10, 23:45
People believe that the Bermuda triangle is a massive magnetic field in the world.

Alpharaider47
26-11-10, 23:57
It really has 4 sides :mis:

Tombraiderx08
27-11-10, 00:10
Of course the triangle isn't real, it's clearly a square. :p
I dunno what to make of it :S

ediiiit, thank you so much chaz for beating me :p

Shark_Blade
27-11-10, 01:45
I've read that it's the center of all evil - satans and djinns alike. :/

Ikas90
27-11-10, 05:38
I posed this same question a while ago, and it turned out that, any part of the ocean can be dangerous.

The only difference with the Bermuda Triangle, is that compasses point to the geographic north pole from there, rather than the magnetic.

scoopy_loopy
27-11-10, 05:47
It really has 4 sides :mis:

Oh god! :vlol:

As for the myth, I hope it's not true, and I doubt that it is... There's another 'version' of the Bermuda Triangle south of Tokyo, called the Devil's Sea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Sea).

cezy rockeru
27-11-10, 10:20
I think it's real.
why not?...

CerebralAssassin
27-11-10, 22:24
yup,definitely real..

QiX
28-11-10, 01:51
It is a real place. Real airplanes and real ships disappeared there without a trace. It's enough to make it a myth. Who cares about reality after that? Myths are always more interesting. :p