PDA

View Full Version : Bomb threat thwarted during tree ceremony

voltz
27-11-10, 15:39
Unsettling to say the least. Why am I not surprised some terrorist pos would want to kill christmas?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101127/ap_on_re_us/us_portland_car_bomb_plot

MattTR
27-11-10, 15:49
Very sad.. :( I'm glad nothing ended up happening. I wonder if he was really going to do it, but I'm glad they caught him.

peeves
27-11-10, 15:57
That guy is bad good thing they caught him. Does he have any sense of respect?

Legend of Lara
27-11-10, 16:15
That guy is bad good thing they caught him. Does he have any sense of respect?

Terrorists usually aren't reasonable people.

peeves
27-11-10, 17:31
Terrorists usually aren't reasonable people.

But he's too young to be a terrorist IMO. He's only 19. That's still very young. Usually they are older.

Legend of Lara
27-11-10, 17:36
But he's too young to be a terrorist IMO. He's only 19. That's still very young. Usually they are older.

There's... there's no "minimal age" to be a terrorist. O_o

TRfan23
27-11-10, 17:49

Exactly, heck even in Africa there's very young children who go round shooting innocent people due to the major terrorist gangs that train them that way. Obviously the children can't help it, as they don't know any better.

Just watch blood diamond and you'll see my point ;)

peeves
27-11-10, 17:49

Well you don't see infants being terrorists do you?

Alpharaider47
27-11-10, 17:50

And in some countries rife with terrorism they train children younger than 10 to become terrorists, etc.
http://ivarfjeld.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/jw_children_rafah.jpg

Really sucks, but it happens :(

Glad they thwarted that guy's attempt though.

Killercowz
27-11-10, 17:52
That's depressing. :(

xXhayleyroxXx
27-11-10, 18:10

I can see your point Peeves -- we see children as being cute and innocent, not capable of killing. But that's exactly why they're used -- to lure people into a false sense of security.

Alpharaider47
27-11-10, 18:13
I can see your point Peeves -- we see children as being cute and innocent, not capable of killing. But that's exactly why they're used -- to lure people into a false sense of security.

Sadly, that's probably why it's so effective. And if they grow up not knowing anything different, then there's really not much hope for them :(

xXhayleyroxXx
27-11-10, 18:15
Sadly, that's probably why it's so effective. And if they grow up not knowing anything different, then there's really not much hope for them :(

I know ;)

Legend of Lara
27-11-10, 18:22

That's not quite what I meant, and you're exaggerating. He's 19. Quite capable of setting off bombs.

peeves
27-11-10, 18:26
That's not quite what I meant, and you're exaggerating. He's 19. Quite capable of setting off bombs.

I get the picture now. But still he didn't need to become a terrorist.

Legend of Lara
27-11-10, 18:26

People have different upbringings. Some grow up to be good people, others... don't.

Tombraiderx08
27-11-10, 18:44
Jeez, good thing they caught him!

Alpharaider47
27-11-10, 19:10

From our perspective no, but from his, perhaps it was a perfectly logical choice. I was under the impression that they tell those folks that their families will be taken care of, etc. If you had very little to live for, and so many things promised to you by your sacrifice, wouldn't you do it to?

Rai
27-11-10, 23:03
Thank goodness his plans never came to fruition. Saddening really that someone so young can have so much hate. but I guess he was brought up that way,

Catapharact
27-11-10, 23:08
The horrifying part of it all is that the moles working for the FBI told him that if he were to have gone through with the plan, he would have killed a lot of women and children in the process... And they asked him again as to if he wants to go through with this...

His answer? ... Yes.

I am telling ya... You can't reason with Al-Quakers or try to put a reasonable twist on their doctrine.

TheRCroft
27-11-10, 23:20
Too bad that he spent her teen's years raised to be a terrorist, instead of having fun like the rest of the people in that age. Although I don't understand what must be inside the head of this guy, I'm really glad he got caught.

voltz
28-11-10, 04:12
On monday he faces charges with life in prison and a $250,000 fine. This kid's life is officially over.

He's got all this time to practice that "don't pick up the soap" rule.

knightgames
28-11-10, 14:29
.....and yet we're being sexually accosted at airport terminals. Yeah, what's wrong with this picture?

Kudos to the authorities for catching this guy.

Twilight
07-12-10, 02:05
they caught the grinch?