PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad for a guy to like Twilight?

Laras Boyfr.
29-11-10, 09:34
I thought to open this thread after something happened in my class:
I started drawing some portraits of some Twilight characters like Edward,Rosalie,Alice and Emmett and took these to my class to show them to the others.
Blah blah blah in general they liked it but one girl said to me that its wierd for a boy to like Twilight and that only gays do that.(no offense btw)

Yeah I don't know why the Twilight Saga became something tabu for some people (especially boys) like Justin Bieber: Almost everyone offends him(boys at least),just because he is so young.I don't like him to be sensier,but I neither hate him.The same is for Twilight,some girls like it,some dont like it,but almost every guy dislikes it.Why is that so?
I mean what makes it worse than other movies or books?

Twilight has become a girlie thing,forbidden for normal guys nowadays.Just because todays teenagers are too ignorant to see the real message in Twilight instead of relating it to homosexuality or female behaviour.
Look at Robert Pattinson. In Harry Potter 4 he was very liked while now he is dissed by every guy. Why that?

My room wall is filled with posters of football teams ,musicians and movie posters including Twilight. Why should I be ashamed if someone sees them?

What makes the Twilight Saga worse than
Harry Potter or Eragon? The movies you would say. Yeah New Moon as a movie is very boring.
But I don't get why Twilight isn't liked as a movie.Let alone Eclipse which was filled with action.

I also would be brave enough to say that the books of Twilight are more interesting than the Harry Potter books in general. Twilights had its heights and falls while Harry Potter was constantly good.
But no more to that,everyone feels different.

Have you ever listened to 1 of the 3 Soundtracks? It's one of the best movie soundtracks i think.They include mostly Rock and RnB with names like:Muse,Paramore,Metric,Death Cab for Cutie,The Black Ghosts,Hurricane Bells etc.
With the deluxe edition comes also The Score which includes instrumental compositions and themes by componists like Carter Burwell,Alexandre Desplat,Howard Shore.
Especially the Meadow by A. Desplat is a very beautiful piece which became very famous nowadays.

So I don't get why liking Twilight is so bad.
The movie is very near to the reality and has a very special message inside. It shouldn't be rated by the outside but as a whole story ,including the books,movies,soundtrack and the characters background.I just wanted to point this out and to ask for your opinion,
Is it bad for a guy to like Twilight?

Please post serious comments, as I took the time to write here all my thoughts down.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-11-10, 09:42
Its not bad at all. That's like saying its wrong for a girl to like Die Hard -- which I very much do :p

Its just a stereotypical thing -- because its romance. People poke fun at it because it has glittery vampires and fluffy werewolves. *shrugs* I guess that happens with all fads. Its 'less better' in people's opinions than Eragon or Harry Potter because they don't feature romance as the main theme -- they're fantasy. I know Twilight is fantasy but its entirely focused around Bella and her obsession with Edward and vice versa, with poor Jacob being in the middle! Your typical love triangle. Its written from the viewpoint of a girl, so girls are more likely to emphasise with Meyer's writing.

I liked twilight before it got famous anyway :p And your Twilight drawings are amazing :tmb:

And don't you ever question whether its wrong or right to like something --if you like it, don't let anyone get you down ^_^ I think its cool you like it! And girls are ridiculed for liking Twilight too. xxxxxx

ShadyCroft
29-11-10, 09:43
Liking Twilight is not bad, its being overly obsessed with it that is so bad. And also, if you like Twilight doesnt mean you're gay. I'm gay and I dont like Twilight. I have read a bit of the book and watched a bit of the first movie and saw it isnt my cup of tea.

The reason I dont like Twilight the book is because I dont like the way its written and I think its poor, unlike say Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings (not comparing though, just stating it wasnt for me)
as for the Twilight phenomenon, I hate it because teens idolize these actors and actresses way too much, and they start comparing you to them, or simply obsessing over them way over board.

You're probably not one of them. I mean you probably like the books and enjoy the movies and soundtracks and thats all. You dont talk about them every now and then and start defending them and getting personal when someone says they dont agree with you, but dont forget another thing about us humans and its that we generalize...a shame, true, but we do ! :o

so this girl in your class, she made a generalization as many do, and quickly start saying "its gay, its girly, its whatever"

my advice, if you like it and enjoy it, keep enjoying and liking it, and dont care what others think about you.

lararoxs
29-11-10, 09:46
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, likes and dislikes. To say only one gender or type of person should like something is stereotyping, it happens. Put into context, it's like saying a girl likes F1 or is a dedicated football fan, it's not necessarily following the 'girls like make-up, twilight, pink and fluffy things' stereotype - there's nothing wrong with it. If anything I'd say being different to the norm is a plus! :)

coolaideonfire
29-11-10, 09:47
You like what you like. Simple.

Miharu
29-11-10, 10:24
You like what you like. Simple.

This.

I hate Twilight, purely 'cause I think it ruined the whole mythology of vampires.

But whatever, I tend to find the whole Twilight Vs. Anti-Twilight argument a waste of time.

I thought this thread would be interesting but truth is, you sound like another one of those hypnotised crazed fans, that wants to lick Robert Pattison's neck and have a vampire watch them in their sleep.

Ugh...Next time I see the word "Twilight" in a thread, I'll make sure to ignore, even if it does sound sort of...interesting.

But...You like what you like and you hate what you hate. But still it doesn't dismiss my opinion of the whole hypnotised fan fad and I do think that most of the singers on that track are a bunch of sell-outs. (Excluding Paramore.)

But anyways...

kthanksbai :wve:

voltz
29-11-10, 10:42
Blade. nuff said.

Lara Croft!
29-11-10, 10:46
The Romance takes up a bigger part than action does in the movies. Moreover, the vampire glitters under sunlight. He gives one or two pushes and punches in each movie and then goes on all the time courting Bella and putting up with her ****ty character. That's why a lot of guys condemn that movie. It's some film gender stereotypes these movies have. Most guys that have watched the Original Dracula, where the guy is tough, even though he is in love and sunlight kills him, doesn't make him look like a Maybelline commercial.

Liara
29-11-10, 10:51
And don't you ever question whether its wrong or right to like something --if you like it, don't let anyone get you down ^_^
Couldn't agree more. I hate Twilight with a passion but I'm not going to go around the streets and yell out that it's bad to like it. Everyone has different tastes, and if some of your classmates don't understand that, then it's their problem.

I know a couple of guys who like chick flicks, and it's not a big deal. It just shows that they perceive stuff differently that other guys. Or they have more empathy or something.

moodydog
29-11-10, 10:58
I think that Twilight is a load of balls, wannabe harry potter! (IMO)

The reason why it is not popular with the most guys is because of the emo type vampire romance that goes with it (I have an emo friend who is very into twilight). And the young teenage boys and girls which pretty much over beautifulised (sorry, made up word). These sort of point to Twilight being an enchanted fairytale storyline which is probably more popular with the girls. I am not saying fairytale are not common with men, but stereotypically, I think girls like the more beauty side of life. Again, this is just a stereotype. REALISTIC men and woman are far to complex to be categorised. I would predict that the vast majority of men and woman would prefer a mix of this considered masculine and feminine.
Plus you could be very masculine and play with dolls or be very feminine and listen to Slipknot.
This is not linked to sexuality.

Avalon SARL
29-11-10, 11:24
People who think like this are SICK :)

Tombraiderx08
29-11-10, 11:58
There's nothing wrong with liking twilight, I like it too :hug:
Now, lets see those portraits :mis:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
29-11-10, 12:05
The Romance takes up a bigger part than action does in the movies. Moreover, the vampire glitters under sunlight. He gives one or two pushes and punches in each movie and then goes on all the time courting Bella and putting up with her ****ty character. That's why a lot of guys condemn that movie. It's some film gender stereotypes these movies have. Most guys that have watched the Original Dracula, where the guy is tough, even though he is in love and sunlight kills him, doesn't make him look like a Maybelline commercial.

Priceless...

tampi
29-11-10, 12:13
School, youth, is generally a very spontaneous behavior. At least, that was me:o

The group requires immediate action. It does'ot forgive the delay.
That's why some comments are so spontaneous and irrational too.
So what can you draw then? Question.

I see those movies and I never ever think that I was gay by looking at them.:confused:

Dennis's Mom
29-11-10, 12:21
In the end it doesn't matter what we think. If Twilight makes you happy, enjoy!

In fact, I would imagine liking Twilight gives you an automatic step up with the ladies, as you would be perceived as the romantic, sensitive type. ;)

I'm a Barry Manilow fan from waaaaay back, and sure, I take a lot of flak for it, but the music makes me happy. Everyone else's opinion can go hang. :D

ShadyCroft
29-11-10, 12:28
^You're a fan of Manilow ? :eek: NO! :mad:...her name was Lola, she was a show girl !! DAMN!! its stuck in my head now, I hate you ! :mad:

haha! just kidding !

;)

Ampersand
29-11-10, 12:32
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2006/tumblrlc4beepqdn1qd0quu.png

It's bad because they're terribly-written (http://reasoningwithvampires.tumblr.com/) books and poorly-made films. Liking the Twilight franchise isn't a reflection on you as a guy or a girl, but as a discerning reader or viewer. They're considered girly because they're romance, and romance as a genre is regarded as women's territory - written by, about, and for women. However, read whatever genre you want. Guys should no less be able to read romance than girls are able to read science fiction and war stories. I think the negativity you get has nothing to do with the series being romance, fantasy, or a big popular series of books. It's because Twilight isn't very good and its fandom is mostly rabid and semi-literate. In comparison, Eragon is also a badly-written author's wet dream, but much less so than Twilight. Harry Potter has its ups and downs but is generally considered the prime example of a good popular fiction phenomenon.

Eddie Haskell
29-11-10, 12:34
In the end it doesn't matter what we think. If Twilight makes you happy, enjoy!

In fact, I would imagine liking Twilight gives you an automatic step up with the ladies, as you would be perceived as the romantic, sensitive type. ;)

I'm a Barry Manilow fan from waaaaay back, and sure, I take a lot of flak for it, but the music makes me happy. Everyone else's opinion can go hang. :D

Barry Manilow had some good tunes. Even a macho guy like me liked some of them. :)

I think that having the confidence to show your true self to others is a sign of maturity, and truly accepting who you are is one giant step on the road to happiness.

ShadyCroft
29-11-10, 12:38
I think that having the confidence to show your true self to others is a sign of maturity, and truly accepting who you are is one giant step on the road to happiness.

Yes ! :tmb: embracing who you are no matter what, and not put on these out-of-character characteristics to "fit" in with a few people.

EscondeR
29-11-10, 12:42
"Team Jacob, *****!" (Vampires suck, 2010)

:D

Seriously, Twilight is about anything BUT vampires. Not my movie. But so many men, so many minds. Each one can like whatever he (in context of the thread) prefers. I just won't join those at the watching simply :p

TombRaiderLover
29-11-10, 13:01
It's bad for both men and women to like Twilight.

cezy rockeru
29-11-10, 13:02

I think so as well:p

Shark_Blade
29-11-10, 13:09
I like the movies (yeah shoot me).

But I gotta say, the books are hard for me to read. It's like a cluster of words written by a lovesick teenage girl imo. I feel asleep many times trying to read them lmao.

Ampersand
29-11-10, 13:13

I'd like a bottle of that flawless brevity, please. :D

Dennis's Mom
29-11-10, 13:21
^You're a fan of Manilow ? :eek: NO! :mad:...her name was Lola, she was a show girl !! DAMN!! its stuck in my head now, I hate you ! :mad:

haha! just kidding !

;)

No worries. Teflon ego is standard equipment for Manilow fans. :p

I know the Twilight books feature less than stellar writing, but sometimes a story can be compelling regardless of the poor quality of writing.

My BFF is a published author with a master degree in journalism from Columbia University, and she was riveted by the books until the fourth, which ruined the series as the author tried too hard to inject the story with Mormon theology.

Miharu
29-11-10, 13:42

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

I "accidentially" clicked on this thread...:whi: Glad I did.

I don't mind the whole romance aspect of it infact...Romance plays a MASSIVE role in vampire stories...

But it's just the whole...glittering in sunlight, drinking goat's blood and the whole "I watch you as you sleep."

As much as this is a teenage girls wet dream (excluding the teenage girls who hate Twilight), it just completely gets the whole vampire mythology that's being built upon for HUNDREDS of years and just literally spits on it, sets it on fire, vomits on it, **** on it and **** on it. Truth is, vampires are evil...Like very evil! There is no "good, pure and kind" vampire, they only want, blood, power and sex.

One of the only reasons why the books is so successful is because it's based on the fetish of something you can't have but at the same time it's composed of everything a girl wants.

And the fact this franchise is gaining more popularity than the original vampire novels/books/movies is horrible.

Once again all my opinion and you can like what you want. I'm not trying to discourage you from hating it, it's just my opinion and maybe many males opinions as well.

The fact you like Twilight doesn't make you gay, unmasculine, camp etc. You could listen to megadeath and have like 160 girlfriends and still like Twilight, the girl who called you girly and gay is obviously just a pathetic excuse of a human being who should fall off the face of the earth, that's all you should know. Trust me, I got bullied...ALOT and I thought that and it just made me feel 100,000x better.

So truth is like what you like. :) Sorry for the essay and for the record...*sigh* I'm a dude and I read the first book and saw the first movie, before they were so popular.

ShadyCroft
29-11-10, 13:56
the girl who called you girly and gay is obviously just a pathetic excuse of a human being who should fall off the face of the earth

I just remembered. I recently watched the first season of the series The Vampire Diaries. I admit, I liked it ! It may have been very teen centric at first, but it did get abit better in later episodes.
Anyway, Twilight was made fun of in the Vampire Diaries. I laughed so hard while watching this scene, it was unexpected :p

Ydt2SmRPq5o

Tonyrobinson
29-11-10, 14:17
Meh she's just a stereotypical ***** don't listen to her! :p

It's like saying a girl with short hair is a lesbian, She's just generalizing! :o

laralives
29-11-10, 14:20
It's bad because they're terribly-written (http://reasoningwithvampires.tumblr.com/) books and poorly-made films.

This.

And this.
---------------------------------

Regardless of gender, liking Twilight is bad. ;)

Sir Croft
29-11-10, 14:21

I just remembered. I recently watched the first season of the series The Vampire Diaries. I admit, I liked it ! It may have been very teen centric at first, but it did get abit better in later episodes.
Anyway, Twilight was made fun of in the Vampire Diaries. I laughed so hard while watching this scene, it was unexpected :p

Ydt2SmRPq5o

Televisional "said the pot to the kettle". Wow.

peeves
29-11-10, 14:21
I think it's ok for people to like twilight even though i really hate the whole series because i think it sucks. Twilight just ain't my cuppa tea.

Miharu
29-11-10, 14:26

Ydt2SmRPq5o

I prefer vampire diaries but it still sucks, vampires are now in the trend...Sigh.

Vampires was more of an adult/horror themed thing, it was never about being a sexy male with a six-pack who glows in the sun.

Legend of Lara
29-11-10, 14:31
As has been said before, Twilight goes against everything good and pure in this world and nobody should ever like it ever. :)

Chocola teapot
29-11-10, 14:35
No.

lara c. fan
29-11-10, 15:28
As Ambersand said, the books are terribly written. I made the mistake of reading all of them...

Miharu
29-11-10, 15:33
As Ambersand said, the books are terribly written. I made the mistake of reading all of them...

You could've stopped after reading the first one? :confused: I did, it was so bad I didn't even finish the first book.

lara c. fan
29-11-10, 15:37
You could've stopped after reading the first one? :confused: I did, it was so bad I didn't even finish the first book.

I was incredibly bored. And I wanted to see if they'd get better as time went on. They didn't.

Bear in mind I read them once they were all out.

the_legend
29-11-10, 16:01
haha :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXKCP8OwiKQ

well i think it would be cool if more guys would read. i mean many guys do read harry potter right?

TombRaiderLover
29-11-10, 16:04
well i think it would be cool if more guys would read. i mean many guys do read harry potter right?
Yes, but Harry Potter is genuinely good.

the_legend
29-11-10, 16:09
Yes, but Harry Potter is genuinely good.

so why is twilight not?

guys post some reasons. i even know a guy whose favourite color is pink even if its a "girly color".

TombRaiderLover
29-11-10, 16:12
so why is twilight not?

guys post some reasons. i even know a guy whose favourite color is pink even if its a "girly color".

It's bad because they're terribly-written (http://reasoningwithvampires.tumblr.com/) books and poorly-made films. Liking the Twilight franchise isn't a reflection on you as a guy or a girl, but as a discerning reader or viewer. They're considered girly because they're romance, and romance as a genre is regarded as women's territory - written by, about, and for women. However, read whatever genre you want. Guys should no less be able to read romance than girls are able to read science fiction and war stories. I think the negativity you get has nothing to do with the series being romance, fantasy, or a big popular series of books. It's because Twilight isn't very good and its fandom is mostly rabid and semi-literate. In comparison, Eragon is also a badly-written author's wet dream, but much less so than Twilight. Harry Potter has its ups and downs but is generally considered the prime example of a good popular fiction phenomenon.

:)

lara c. fan
29-11-10, 16:14
so why is twilight not?

Twilight is an abomination. Poor prose, atrocious plot, it's just Bella swooning over two teenage boys.

larson n natla
29-11-10, 16:14
Not at all, your free to like whatever you want.

Its just that Twilight and its story has been replaced with tweenage girls who salivate over Edward and Jacob. I have heard however from many sources that the book was a good read but also many slammed Stephanie Myers some even calling her the worst author ever. Bit much if you ask me.

the_legend
29-11-10, 16:16
Not at all, your free to like whatever you want.

Its just that Twilight and its story has been replaced with tweenage girls who salivate over Edward and Jacob. I have heard however from many sources that the book was a good read but also many slammed Stephanie Myers some even calling her the worst author ever. Bit much if you ask me.

:D. well everone its own taste...her way to write is quite romantic and such things...thatsmaybe why guys dont like it.

xxitsxnadyaxx
29-11-10, 16:19
Most men hate Twilight because they're jealous of the sexiness that's oozing from the saga (aka Jacob and Edward).
Some girls hate Twilight because they're frustrated and WISH they could have sexy guys like Jacob and Edward in real life.
Nuff said. ;)

I'm not a crazed fan myself, but I did enjoy the books and I thought the movies were alright. :)

AmericanAssassin
29-11-10, 16:21
Is it bad for a guy to like Twilight?

Yes...

...Then again, it's bad for anybody to like Twilight. :whi:

lara c. fan
29-11-10, 16:22
You should put "Most men who haven't read the books". Otherwise you're just being completely presumptuous.

xxitsxnadyaxx
29-11-10, 16:22
(oh jeeze my internet is flipping out on me o.O)

^^^ oh and agreed <.<

:p

xXhayleyroxXx
29-11-10, 16:23
Most men hate Twilight because they're jealous of the sexiness that's oozing from the saga (aka Jacob and Edward).
Some girls hate Twilight because they're frustrated and WISH they could have sexy guys like Jacob and Edward in real life.
Nuff said. ;)

I'm not a crazed fan myself, but I did enjoy the books and I thought the movies were alright. :)

I agree :tmb: :ton:

Ampersand
29-11-10, 16:27
Damn, I guess people have no concept of what is objectively bad writing these days. Twilight reads like it never saw the touch of an editor's pen, and Stephenie Meyer has a ten-year-old's ability to handle constructive criticism. That alone is enough to make the series pretty much worthless in my eyes, no matter how blindingly good the plot might be - which it's not.

Nerd For Life
29-11-10, 16:30
Damn, I guess people have no concept of what is objectively bad writing these days. Twilight reads like it never saw the touch of an editor's pen, and Stephenie Meyer has a ten-year-old's ability to handle constructive criticism. That alone is enough to make the series pretty much worthless in my eyes, no matter how blindingly good the plot might be - which it's not.

I raise my glass to you.

And also.

http://reasoningwithvampires.tumblr.com/

Changeling
29-11-10, 16:30
It's bad for anyone to like Twilight. :p

Nah, I kid, I kid... :pi: Saying that guys can't like Twilight is stupid, and sexist.

lara c. fan
29-11-10, 16:31
I raise my glass to you.

And also.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcjvl0b74L1qd0quuo1_500.png

:vlol:

Miharu
29-11-10, 16:31
so why is twilight not?

You're forgetting it's all a matter of opinion and preference.

Since we're on a Tomb Raider forum, I'll give the example that us on the forums are die-hard Lara Croft fans whereas some people out there will hate Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider franchise. It's inevitable, I'd like every single human to love her but truth is it's impossible.

In many peoples opinion (including mine), the book is poorly written, the plot is poorly written, the characters are completely unoriginal it's just Jane Austin meets werewolves and "vampires."

And let's not forget the biggest reason as to why many hate the franchise, I said this once and I'll say it again, the whole franchise just gets the whole vampire mythology which has being around for up to 100's of years and ****s on it, ****es on it, spits on it and stands on it.

Vampires (in many peoples eyes) are evil ****ers, there not guys with six-packs who sparkle in sunlight, they drink blood (HUMAN blood), they seek power, they don't fly, their not superman wannabes, they wanna survive and be immortal.

The fact that Twilight is likely gaining more popularity then Dracula etc. is sickening.

People say it's the romance and lemme tell you...It is NOT the romance, LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of vampire books/films/TV shows have romance, infact romance is one of the rules of the vampire novels but with the romance there's danger/horror.

The fact that there's "cute" guys who watch a girl sleep and tell her he loves her, is romance but also something that is a teenage girl's wet dream and a classic vampire story is NOT a teenage girl's wet dream!

Of course that's my opinion and maybe to many people it's a fact but I really couldn't care less whether it's opinion or "fact" I just think it.

Lee croft
29-11-10, 16:32
It's bad for anyone to like Twilight. :p

Nah, I kid, I kid... :pi: Saying that guys can't like Twilight is stupid, and sexist.

O_O.....You took the post right out of my mind

interstellardave
You like what you like, simple as that. I mean, I'm a 44 year old man who, along with my wife, religiously watches iCarly. I also like Victorious. 2 years ago or so I never even slowed down when I scanned past Nickelodeon, now I watch 2 shows on there!

Mad Tony
Yes.

AmericanAssassin
29-11-10, 16:35
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcjvl0b74L1qd0quuo1_500.png

LMFAO! :vlol:

Catapharact
29-11-10, 16:44
And let's not forget the biggest reason as to why many hate the franchise, I said this once and I'll say it again, the whole franchise just gets the whole vampire mythology which has being around for up to 100's of years and ****s on it, ****es on it, spits on it and stands on it.

LMAO! Absolute bull. Infact, it has completely deviated from the actual vampire mythos. Actually most books only limit their outlook on vamperism to Abraham Stoker's view point. Frankly, Stephanie Myers isn't any different... Only she butchered the concept even further.

Vampires (in many peoples eyes) are evil ****ers, there not guys with six-packs who sparkle in sunlight, they drink blood (HUMAN blood), they seek power, they don't fly, their not superman wannabes, they wanna survive and be immortal.

Completely untrue... Unless you have been watching movies like Blade and Daybreakers. Infact, vampire lore and literature usually depicts vampires as tragic characters; Trapped in an unchanging immortal body while everything around them is constantly changing. They are usually shown as lonely sad beings. While I am not a fan of Anne Rice, I think she captured those qualities in her characters perfectly.

the_legend
29-11-10, 16:51
:D. well everone its own taste...her way to write is quite romantic and such things...thatsmaybe why guys dont like it.

You're forgetting it's all a matter of opinion and preference.

i wrote before.

Miharu
29-11-10, 17:09
LMAO! Absolute bull. Infact, it has completely deviated from the actual vampire mythos. Actually most books only limit their outlook vamperism to Abraham Stoker's view point. Frankly, Stephanie Myers isn't any different... Only she butchered the concept even further.

Completely untrue... Unless you have been watching movies like Blade and Daybreakers. Infact, vampire lore and literature usually depicts vampires are tragic characters; Trapped in an unchanging immortal body while everything around them is constantly changing. They are usually shown as lonely sad beings. While I am not a fan of Anne Rice, I think she captured those qualities in her characters perfectly.

The fact that Twilight is likely gaining more popularity then Dracula etc. is sickening.

People say it's the romance and lemme tell you...It is NOT the romance, LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of vampire books/films/TV shows have romance, infact romance is one of the rules of the vampire novels but with the romance there's danger/horror.

The fact that there's "cute" guys who watch a girl sleep and tell her he loves her, is romance but also something that is a teenage girl's wet dream and a classic vampire story is NOT a teenage girl's wet dream!

Of course that's my opinion and maybe to many people it's a fact but I really couldn't care less whether it's opinion or "fact" I just think it.[/QUOTE]

Actually whatever, I don't know much about vampires to be honest. Nor do I really care thanks to our "glorious" Twilight books/films...I was just trying to stick up for my "case" I guess(?)

But anyways. I need sleep. Night. *passes out*

DragonSlayer
29-11-10, 17:15
I don't think it's bad for a guy to like twilight, i like Angel and Buffy, but i'm not a fan of twilight.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
29-11-10, 17:15
Nuff said. ;)

K4uuGvmAxTI

Eddie Haskell
29-11-10, 18:54
K4uuGvmAxTI

Heh heh, that was fantastic. And what made it even better was that the narrator sounded just like one of my old college professors. And strangely enough he using some of his material.

Having never read the books or seen it on TV, I can only assume (after watching this) that it is a teenage girls romance fantasy. And meant to be shunned by the male of the species on that basis alone... :)

Ceamonks890
29-11-10, 19:03
In my opinion, Twilight is bad to watch for both guys and girls. Me and most of my friends(some of them are girls), all hate Twilight. We would all rather go and see Harry Potter or any other movie then Twilight.

tampi
29-11-10, 19:08
Therefore the twilight saga, as Harry Potter, as LoR, have many things in common.
All stories are about friendship, about groups. Also about love.
If so, so, so successful has been them is because people yearn those feelings in some way or another.

larafan25
29-11-10, 19:40
Those people are insecure about their gender and sexuality.

Spong
29-11-10, 19:43
In my opinion, Twilight is bad to watch for both guys and girls. Me and most of my friends(some of them are girls), all hate Twilight. We would all rather go and see Harry Potter or any other movie then Twilight.

I was with you right up until the Harry Potter thing. Both are as bad as each other.

Los Angeles
29-11-10, 20:28
Yeah, it is.

King.Louie
29-11-10, 20:29
ive read all the books but i thought the story was stupid =p

Your_Envy*
29-11-10, 20:38
No, it's not bad.

You said Twilight is better than Harry Potter, well that IS bad. You can't even compare them, Harry just wins. <3

:p

I am kiddin' (not really :pi:), everybody has it's own taste so don't care what people say, if you enjoy it, then why not? I read all books, they were good in my opinion and I never thought that Twilight is just for girls. Since the movies came out then maybe since "TEAM JACOB!!1! TEAM EDWARD!!1!" crowd of 13 year-old girls ruined everything. :p

xb4b1x
29-11-10, 20:43
Yeah, it is.

This. :tmb:

Sir Croft
29-11-10, 20:59
I raise my glass to you.

And also.

Best. Tumblr. Ever.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc88w8b5yB1qd0quuo1_r1_500.png

Friends reference FTW! :vlol:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcd3d6geKA1qd0quuo1_500.png

:vlol:

voltz
29-11-10, 21:21

no it's homophobic. There's still a good number of guys who like to stick with what makes real men tick (stuff like women dammit!), but shoving things that are blatantly intended to appeal to the same sex is quite offensive to us.

Twilight has it's audience, but as far as real vampire flicks go, this sure as hell isn't what we were asking for.

btw, real vampires burn, I dunno what the #!$@ these guys are. :mis:

Legend of Lara
29-11-10, 21:26
Reasoning with Vampires is incredibly sexy and I must bookmark it.

King.Louie
29-11-10, 21:31
i prefer Buffy over Twilight anyday =p

Legend of Lara
29-11-10, 21:32
i prefer Buffy over Twilight anyday =p

First off, they're completely different genres.
Second, duh.

Catapharact
29-11-10, 21:35
btw, real vampires burn, I dunno what the #!$@ these guys are. :mis:

I know that this has been posted quite a few times... But seriously, it just doesn't gets old.

http://www.filehurricane.com/photos/113200985112PM_celebrity-pictures-robert-pattinson-edward-cullen.jpg

voltz
29-11-10, 21:45
You're right about that.

Love2Raid
29-11-10, 21:51
This is the same as to ask whether it's bad for a girl to wear pants.

OF COURSE NOT, SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hug:

Nobody should like Twilight.:pi:

ShadyCroft
29-11-10, 22:04
http://www.filehurricane.com/photos/113200985112PM_celebrity-pictures-robert-pattinson-edward-cullen.jpg

Cat, this is hilarious! thanks ! :vlol:

Nerd For Life
29-11-10, 22:21
Reasoning with Vampires is incredibly sexy and I must bookmark it.

Spread the love.

ajrich17901
29-11-10, 22:41
Its a crime for anyone to like this garbage, I can't wait to this little fad is over with.

amiro1989
29-11-10, 22:45
Don't you worry I know a lot of guys that like Twilight. Some of them are ashame to admit it, but they always end up admitting it at the end lol. :)

Legends
29-11-10, 23:16
It's bad for everyone to like Twilight. But, you like what you like.

Thorir
30-11-10, 01:44
Yes, it is bad. It is a terrible, badly written book.

Tommy123
30-11-10, 01:51
its not bad.

When twilight was in its prime (pre breaking dawn) ALL my friends were hooked and peer pressured me to read the books. And i admit i did at one point like them.

However that phase of me is dead and gone :o

Tony9595
30-11-10, 02:03
Its a crime for anyone to like this garbage, I can't wait to this little fad is over with.

:hug:

Aikaterina
30-11-10, 02:05
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2641/2i1h3jk.gif
Sorry, couldn't resist.

There's nothing wrong with a guy, or anyone for that matter, liking Twilight. The problems occur when you start treating Twilight like the greatest piece of literature ever written, instead of the trashy romance novel it is. When you compare Meyer to the greats, such as Tolkien, when she could never measure up, and from what I've heard doesn't seem interested in trying. When you completely ignore all the bad things about it, and I don't mean the sparking.

Azerutan
30-11-10, 10:27
You like what you like and you should not be ashamed of it.

Lara Croft!
30-11-10, 11:03
best. Tumblr. Ever.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc88w8b5yb1qd0quuo1_r1_500.png

friends reference ftw! :vlol:

:

lmfao!!

Pietras
30-11-10, 14:41
Yes it's very bad. If you continue to like Twilight, your private parts will start to retract and your boobs grow.

Kiss-Bite
30-11-10, 14:44
I love the books & films.. trust me everything is still swinging in the right places. :vlol:

Pietras
30-11-10, 14:49
I love the books & films.. trust me everything is still swinging in the right places. :vlol:

I will have to inspect it personally. For scientific research of course.

cezy rockeru
30-11-10, 14:51
Yes...

...Then again, it's bad for anybody to like Twilight. :whi:

oh...I was about to say that:(