PDA

View Full Version : Harvard scientists reverse the ageing process in mice now for humans

toxicraider
29-11-10, 18:32
Harvard scientists reverse the ageing process in mice now for humans

Harvard scientists were surprised that they saw a dramatic reversal, not just a slowing down, of the ageing in mice. Now they believe they might be able to regenerate human organs

Scientists claim to be a step closer to reversing the ageing (http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/ageing) process after rejuvenating worn out organs in elderly mice. The experimental treatment developed by researchers at Harvard Medical School turned weak and feeble old mice into healthy animals by regenerating their aged bodies.
The surprise recovery of the animals has raised hopes among scientists that it may be possible to achieve a similar feat in humans or at least to slow down the ageing process.
An anti-ageing therapy could have a dramatic impact on public health by reducing the burden of age-related health problems, such as dementia, stroke and heart disease, and prolonging the quality of life for an increasingly aged population.
"What we saw in these animals was not a slowing down or stabilisation of the ageing process. We saw a dramatic reversal and that was unexpected," said Ronald DePinho, who led the study, which was published in the journal Nature (http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature09603.html).
"This could lead to strategies that enhance the regenerative potential of organs as individuals age and so increase their quality of life. Whether it serves to increase longevity is a question we are not yet in a position to answer."
The ageing process is poorly understood, but scientists know it is caused by many factors. Highly reactive particles called free radicals are made naturally in the body and cause damage to cells, while smoking, ultraviolet light and other environmental factors contribute to ageing.

The Harvard group focused on a process called telomere shortening. Most cells in the body contain 23 pairs of chromosomes, which carry our DNA. At the ends of each chromosome is a protective cap called a telomere. Each time a cell divides, the telomeres are snipped shorter, until eventually they stop working and the cell dies or goes into a suspended state called "senescence". The process is behind much of the wear and tear associated with ageing.
At Harvard, they bred genetically manipulated mice that lacked an enzyme called telomerase that stops telomeres getting shorter. Without the enzyme, the mice aged prematurely and suffered ailments, including a poor sense of smell, smaller brain size, infertility and damaged intestines and spleens. But when DePinho gave the mice injections to reactivate the enzyme, it repaired the damaged tissues and reversed the signs of ageing.
"These were severely aged animals, but after a month of treatment they showed a substantial restoration, including the growth of new neurons in their brains," said DePinho.
Repeating the trick in humans will be more difficult. Mice make telomerase throughout their lives, but the enzyme is switched off in adult humans, an evolutionary compromise that stops cells growing out of control and turning into cancer (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/cancer). Raising levels of telomerase in people might slow the ageing process, but it makes the risk of cancer soar.
DePinho said the treatment might be safe in humans if it were given periodically and only to younger people who do not have tiny clumps of cancer cells already living, unnoticed, in their bodies.
David Kipling, who studies ageing at Cardiff University, said: "The goal for human tissue 'rejuvenation' would be to remove senescent cells, or else compensate for the deleterious effects they have on tissues and organs. Although this is a fascinating study, it must be remembered that mice are not little men, particularly with regard to their telomeres, and it remains unclear whether a similar telomerase reactivation in adult humans would lead to the removal of senescent cells."
Lynne Cox, a biochemist at Oxford University, said the study was "extremely important" and "provides proof of principle that short-term treatment to restore telomerase in adults already showing age-related tissue degeneration can rejuvenate aged tissues and restore physiological function."
DePinho said none of Harvard's mice developed cancer after the treatment. The team is now investigating whether it extends the lifespan of mice or enables them to live healthier lives into old age.
Tom Kirkwood, director of the Institute for Ageing and Health at Newcastle University, said: "The key question is what might this mean for human therapies against age-related diseases? While there is some evidence that telomere erosion contributes to age-associated human pathology, it is surely not the only, or even dominant, cause, as it appears to be in mice engineered to lack telomerase. Furthermore, there is the ever-present anxiety that telomerase reactivation is a hallmark of most human cancers."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/nov/28/scientists-reverse-ageing-mice-humans

:eek:
Obviously they mention how it can cause cancer in adults, so is not practical, but this could still have a huge impact!

xXhayleyroxXx
29-11-10, 18:34
I don't really think bodies should be messed with unless its neccassary. Although it is really clever.

Alpharaider47
29-11-10, 18:37
Slap it some aqua vitae and we'll call it the fountain of youth :p Interesting, but risky.

Lee croft
29-11-10, 18:44
I don't really think bodies should be messed with unless its neccassary. Although it is really clever.

Agreed they should use human volenteers(sp?)

...Not surprised by it leading to cancer though; there is always a catch!
I think it could lead to other complactions aswell but we'll see.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-11-10, 18:46

Yeahh, that as well. I just think we should age naturally :ohn:

Dark Lugia 2
29-11-10, 19:26
Fascinating! Thanks for posting! I love the detail the article gives, rather than just making vague statements (why should I believe something when no details are given and theres a dodgy headline?) :p Re-activating the enzyme makes perfect sense if telomere shortening causes aging! I just love how these scientists get to play about with things that arent so obvious at first, and make a huge difference. :D

^ I think the significance of these experiments are more to do with the regeneration of organs and improving the quality of life for some as the article said, rather than slowing down the ageing process for the hell of it

Avalon SARL
29-11-10, 19:39
Clever Discovery, but this is dangerous and willhave more consequences than what it is really worth :)

Chocola teapot
29-11-10, 19:40
As if it will really make a difference...

toxicraider
29-11-10, 19:41

It's not so much about getting volunteers, fighting diseases can help prolong life expectancy, but deliberately trying to reverse ageing poses some serious ethical questions.
It does note however, that they don't know whether the mice will live longer, just that they are more youthful. They also only tested on young mice that had been aged already.

At the present stage, it wouldn't be worth increasing the risk of cancer, so it would never be considered for use on people until cancer is almost 100% curable.

larafan25
29-11-10, 20:45
Holly ****m hopefully by the time I am old this will be working and proven for humans, I want to live forever and witness everything!

:D

FloTheMachine
29-11-10, 20:47
I imagine it won't work. Humans are meant to be on this world (if we're lucky) up to 100 years, occaisonally more. A lot of religions are against it anyway.

Just my two cents.

larafan25
29-11-10, 20:49
I imagine it won't work. Humans are meant to be on this world (if we're lucky) up to 100 years, occaisonally more. A lot of religions are against it anyway.

Just my two cents.

Who gives a fudge what religions think?

By the time half this crap is possible all religions will be outdated and probably proven false. May sound like a harsh world but at least we will have our morals and age defying technology.

I'm going to live forever and do so many things.:D

Mad Tony
29-11-10, 20:52
By the time half this crap is possible all religions will be outdated and probably proven false. May sound like a harsh world but at least we will have our morals and age defying technology.You can't really disprove the existence of God. Nothing wrong with not being religious but it's silly to say things like "religion will probably be proven false".

Humans are meant to be on this world (if we're lucky) up to 100 yearsHow come the average life expectancy in Japan (the country with the highest life expectancy) is only 80?

Alpharaider47
29-11-10, 20:52

By the time half this crap is possible all religions will be outdated and probably proven false. May sound like a harsh world but at least we will have our morals and age defying technology.

Eh I disagree, I don't think religion is something you can really prove true or false. Kinda goes against the whole purpose of Faith :p

Yeah but if we start living like this, then when we get old we'll be just like old cars- too many parts to change to be worth the trouble!

larafan25
29-11-10, 20:53
You can't really disprove the existence of God. Nothing wrong with not being religious but it's silly to say things like "religion will probably be proven false".

How come the average life expectancy in Japan (the country with the highest life expectancy) is only 80?

We will prove it one day.

We just cannot comprehend any of it yet.

Simochka
29-11-10, 20:54
You can't really disprove the existence of God. Nothing wrong with not being religious but it's silly to say things like "religion will probably be proven false".

I'm sure it's possible to prove it but not get religous people to believe in the truth. i'm not against religion but I know it isn't real at all. People are raised to believe in it. If all religious people died then there wouldn't be a religion anymore. But I hope that won't happen :p

How come the average life expectancy in Japan (the country with the highest life expectancy) is only 80?

He/ she said if we're lucky

TRfan23
29-11-10, 20:54

You can't prove or disprove the existence of God, even a science buff Atheist said that to me at my college.

It all comes down to faith tbh.

larafan25
29-11-10, 20:55
I'm sure it's possible to prove it but not get religous people to believe in the truth. i'm not against religion but I know it isn't real at all.

He/ she said if we're lucky

This is what I meant. Your good.

sandygrimm
29-11-10, 20:55
Live for ever while all our loved one die around you? Not that fun:p

It's good they found a way to make organs healthy again rather than wait for transplants. It may seem as playing with human life, overpopulation, and all, but if you think of it, around the Middle ages the average life spam was around 40. now we live up to 80s.

The treatment is still a long way away till it applies to the public, but time flys by so fast. Let's hope it won't be reserved for some more than others.

Alpharaider47
29-11-10, 20:56

That'll only happen when/if religion fails to fill any social needs. Even then you can't prove it scientifically, because it will only be a theory which is subject to change. So you can never say god is false and call it a fact; there will always be those who believe. But this isn't the thread for that :p If you wanna discuss it, go rez my old thread!

Mad Tony
29-11-10, 21:11
We will prove it one day.You can't disprove it, just the same as you can't prove it really. Don't know what's so hard to understand about this.

I know it isn't real at all.No, you think it isn't real. You don't know, just like I don't know God is real.

He/ she said if we're luckyI know what he said. If we were "meant" to live for 100 years it wouldn't be a case of being lucky.

larafan25
29-11-10, 21:14
You can't disprove it, just the same as you can't prove it really. Don't know what's so hard to understand about this.

No, you think it isn't real. You don't know, just like I don't know God is real.

I know what he said. If we were "meant" to live for 100 years it wouldn't be a case of being lucky.

I'm saying one day all of the universe and other universes will be known and explored and we will be able to witness other planets forming as well as other beings being brought to life, there will be no belief in a God because life will be happening before out very eyes, in fact we will be creating other types of life.

Love2Raid
29-11-10, 21:48
You know, this concept is nothing new. Except that they didn't use just a bunch of cells this time but living organisms. The outcome is as expected when you know what the function of telomeres in chromosomes is.

Still, pretty cool.

Mad Tony
29-11-10, 21:59
I'm saying one day all of the universe and other universes will be known and explored and we will be able to witness other planets forming as well as other beings being brought to life, there will be no belief in a God because life will be happening before out very eyes, in fact we will be creating other types of life.How does that disprove God? :confused:

Lizard of Oz
29-11-10, 22:04
Give me a dose, NOW!

I have this maniac phobia of growing old. I'd volunteer my self to be experimented on, any day. I'll drink a liter of that substance without hesitasion!

Fallen.Angel
29-11-10, 22:05
I'd love this, personally.

larafan25
29-11-10, 22:25
Give me a dose, NOW!

I have this maniac phobia of growing old. I'd volunteer my self to be experimented on, any day. I'll drink a liter of that substance without hesitasion!

I've recently become afraid of getting old too, I want all the age in the world!

How does that disprove God? :confused:

What is God?

Dark Lugia 2
29-11-10, 22:25
You know, this concept is nothing new. Except that they didn't use just a bunch of cells this time but living organisms. The outcome is as expected when you know what the function of telomeres in chromosomes is.

Still, pretty cool.

:tmb: Excellent post. People seem to be reading this wrong..

--

I love it when some people step in and say things like 'these humans are playing with things they shouldnt, this will have a bad affect on the rest of the world' etc. Medical science only has good intentions =/ We have cures and treatments for so many things because of research and testing - these were criticised in their early stages too. Its just so ignorant imo

Why has religion been brought into this? lol :p I can understand ethical issues, but this stuff is being done for the greater good - if I were religious I'd support this

Mad Tony
29-11-10, 22:33
Why has religion been brought into this?Because militant atheists just can't help having a pop at religion.

What is God?What do you think I am, a philosopher?

Tommy123
29-11-10, 22:35
hopefully when im old and krusty they will have perfected this :D

larafan25
29-11-10, 22:36
Because militant atheists just can't help having a pop at religion.

What do you think I am, a philosopher?

So .....there is a fairy that steels ten strands of my hair every night and flies them to japan where they use the strands of hair to choke evil monkeys.

They are all invisible though.

Do you have faith in this?

Love2Raid
29-11-10, 22:37
Thanks. :)

I find it funny when people suddenly think we are going to live forever, lol.

You can't live forever. The cells won't age, but the damage that is done to the DNA during the replication process isn't countered. Damage that will lead to cancer if the cells keep duplicating while they should have gone in the 'resting' stage or died. I would rather die of 'old age' than of cancer, because that is one of the most horrible ways to die imaginable. It really is.

:tmb: Excellent post. People seem to be reading this wrong..

--

I love it when some people step in and say things like 'these humans are playing with things they shouldnt, this will have a bad affect on the rest of the world' etc. Medical science only has good intentions =/ We have cures and treatments for so many things because of research and testing - these were criticised in their early stages too. Its just so ignorant imo

Why has religion been brought into this? lol :p I can understand ethical issues, but this stuff is being done for the greater good - if I were religious I'd support this

larafan25
29-11-10, 22:55
Thanks. :)

I find it funny when people suddenly think we are going to live forever, lol.

You can't live forever. The cells won't age, but the damage that is done to the DNA during the replication process isn't countered. Damage that will lead to cancer if the cells keep duplicating while they should have gone in the 'resting' stage or died. I would rather die of 'old age' than of cancer, because that is one of the most horrible ways to die imaginable. It really is.

Oh I see, then ya, let me go in my sleep of old age, or maybe while I am laughing.

Mad Tony
29-11-10, 23:12
So .....there is a fairy that steels ten strands of my hair every night and flies them to japan where they use the strands of hair to choke evil monkeys.

They are all invisible though.

Do you have faith in this?Nope, but that's fine if you do. :) It may not have any kind of historical backing or any other followers but if you want to believe it that's fine by me.

StefanJ94
29-11-10, 23:48
Who needs this :rolleyes: I mean:
I just think we should age naturally :ohn:
this :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
29-11-10, 23:56
Celebreties rejoice! :vlol:

Uzi master
29-11-10, 23:56

I'd kiss you but I'm pretty sure your a guy so, hugs!:p

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

scremanie
30-11-10, 00:42
This is interesting. Hmm....

And LOL at the comments.

"What is God?" :vlol:

AmericanAssassin
30-11-10, 01:03
Minus the cancer bit, that's amazing. Soon the elixir of life will be possible. :mis:

larafan25
30-11-10, 01:06
Minus the cancer bit, that's amazing. Soon the elixir of life will be possible. :mis:

It would be good, I mean without Cancer and all.

I'd love to live forever.

TombRaider4444
30-11-10, 01:34
Kind of sad. I hope they can profect this in the next 10-20 years as I want to live longer but it needs to be profected in time for my parents 60th birthday as I don't think I could keep living longer with them dead

larafan25
30-11-10, 01:42
^What if your parents don't want to live longer?:)

MattTR
30-11-10, 01:44
I want to age and live naturally, but it would be awesome if they could cure diseases and hell people. :tmb:

CiaKonwerski
30-11-10, 02:14
This is so creepy and at the same time magnificent. I think anything like this is really cool and interesting and I kind of want to test it out.

Phlip
30-11-10, 02:18
Live for ever while all our loved one die around you? Not that fun:p

Try getting your loved ones to take it then, obviously. :p I wonder how this would be taken... through a pill? A pool of some kind special sauce? :vlol:

I would love it if this was working perfectly when I'm older. I'd definitely use it, depending on the catches.

Ikas90
30-11-10, 04:15
This is tampering with nature. It could be very costly.

sandygrimm
30-11-10, 07:00
I wonder how this would be taken... through a pill? A pool of some kind special sauce? :vlol:

http://tryingtogrok.mu.nu/archives/Anti-Pressure_Pill.jpg (http://tryingtogrok.mu.nu/archives/Anti-Pressure_Pill.jpg)
Guess where this goes.:pi:

scoopy_loopy
30-11-10, 07:02
Sign me up! The more haters the better, the queues will be shorter! :mis:

Andyroo
30-11-10, 07:26
I don't even like living right now, sure as hell don't want it to drag on for any longer than it naturally has to.

prolonging the quality of life for an increasingly aged population

This could lead to strategies that enhance the regenerative potential of organs as individuals age and so increase their quality of life. Whether it serves to increase longevity is a question we are not yet in a position to answer.

What would the results of this sort of stuff do to the population (as-in more people living healthier lives would put the pop. up a bit because less people are dieing before they should (as insensitive as that may sound)), or even the economy; would elderly people be able to work again or something.....

Still interesting nonetheless.

Admles
30-11-10, 07:43
This is not a good thing; the world does not need this.

Orionvalentine
30-11-10, 11:11
Sign me up!

MiCkiZ88
30-11-10, 11:35
Am damn interested about this stuff! If it is just 20 more years or 100, I'd love to live longer. Of course it still takes time, but if it will improve our lifestyle and let us be free from being ill, who would not want that? I am way too often sick and my life is miserable because of it.

My biggest fear with this kind of stuff is that some mega corporation or some ''evil'' faction will use the medicine for their own good. It seems like something that big could even start a war. Not only would it be good for ageing, but also for healing? Imagine being shot in the heart or brain, but after a short while being able to recover fully. Far fetched I suppose, been watching too much scifi XD

What I do not wish to see is that some stupid ass government will make it necessary for you to lengthen your life cycle. The more money they can get from you, the better...

Ikas90
30-11-10, 11:47

Agreed. It will lead to much more overpopulation. And overpopulation is already a problem in this world.

People need to realise they are not invincible. You can't cheat death.

Admles
30-11-10, 12:01
In any case, this won't be ready for a long time, and do you really think the average person will be able to afford it? Of course not, this sort of thing they can charge millions, even billions for, because sad, pathetic people will pay for it.

TRfan23
30-11-10, 12:39
You can just go on 'How to look 10 years younger' program :/

cezy rockeru
30-11-10, 12:59
You can just go on 'How to look 10 years younger' program :/

this:)it's easier

scoopy_loopy
30-11-10, 13:19
Agreed. It will lead to much more overpopulation. And overpopulation is already a problem in this world.

Why? The wealthy, who could afford something as drastic as this, are usually the socio-economic group that reproduces the least.

Ikas90
30-11-10, 13:31
Why? The wealthy, who could afford something as drastic as this, are usually the socio-economic group that reproduces the least.

Not if it's something that becomes affordable and placed on the market.

Which isn't that likely, but anyway.

Still, this is asking for trouble.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-11-10, 13:36
Am damn interested about this stuff! If it is just 20 more years or 100, I'd love to live longer. Of course it still takes time, but if it will improve our lifestyle and let us be free from being ill, who would not want that? I am way too often sick and my life is miserable because of it.

I wouldn't want it :/ I'm sick a lot as well, and have a blood disorder -- I still wouldn't want it.

ultima espio
30-11-10, 13:49
Sounds like the film Cocoon if you ask me:p

xXhayleyroxXx
30-11-10, 13:53
Sounds like the film Cocoon if you ask me:p

lmao! I remember that :vlol:

Catapharact
30-11-10, 14:16

And they are not going to. Your biological clock will probably only get an additional few years before your telomeres start breaking down again. In humans (as compared to mice whose bodies produce telomeres through out their lives) the process mentioned here is not so simple since there is a point in our lives where our bodies stop producing telomeres all together.

So in order for this to work in humans, we will have to alter our hormonal balancing and our endocrine system... And we will probably die because of that even before we get this little "reverse aging" treatment :p.

MiCkiZ88
30-11-10, 14:39
I wouldn't want it :/ I'm sick a lot as well, and have a blood disorder -- I still wouldn't want it.
So you rather be sick for the rest of your life than live a long, healthy and productive one? I personally am depressed from being sick so much, I don't want to be stuck home doing nothing. It BORES me xD

xXhayleyroxXx
30-11-10, 14:57
So you rather be sick for the rest of your life than live a long, healthy and productive one? I personally am depressed from being sick so much, I don't want to be stuck home doing nothing. It BORES me xD

Well its not reliable and I don't really think its right to mess with our bodies :/ It depresses me too :o I have no energy, bleurghh.

scoopy_loopy
30-11-10, 15:06
Well its not reliable and I don't really think its right to mess with our bodies :/ It depresses me too :o I have no energy, bleurghh.

I think messing with our bodies is a fantastic idea. There's no way in hell I'm going to start saying "no" to medicines and surgeries I may need to increase my quality of life in the future.

scremanie
30-11-10, 15:26

Especially us Aussies. We're already crowded and getting overrun now! :p

Admles
30-11-10, 15:44
Especially us Aussies. We're already crowded and getting overrun now! :p
Damn straight, we're too crowded as it is, and letting in way too many people :D

Lets thin out the numbers by killing all the smokers :D

lita212
30-11-10, 16:56
well even if they do find a cure i certainly wont take it. i want a happy life but ****ing hell i dont wanna live forever its stupid. messes with mother nature and it wouldnt work. if it did work they would have to make everyone infertile because the human race would over populate. thats the reason we make babies is to carry on life. and thats all we are here for. what we do in between is up to us.

Dark Lugia 2
30-11-10, 17:04

Have you ever had vaccinations, aken tablets, been prescribed medicine from the doctors? It'd be the same type of thing :p

Dark Lugia 2
30-11-10, 17:37

In any case, this won't be ready for a long time, and do you really think the average person will be able to afford it? Of course not, this sort of thing they can charge millions, even billions for, because sad, pathetic people will pay for it.

Did you guys even read the article? It wont be possible to live forever. The most practical use this has to humans is making old and frail organs healthy again. Gosh.

edit: Doublepost, my bad! :o

xXhayleyroxXx
30-11-10, 17:50
I think messing with our bodies is a fantastic idea. There's no way in hell I'm going to start saying "no" to medicines and surgeries I may need to increase my quality of life in the future.

Well, I'm not ruling it out, its just sorta... weird :o

Have you ever had vaccinations, aken tablets, been prescribed medicine from the doctors? It'd be the same type of thing :p

I have but I'd rather not have them :o I refuse a lot of them, including the blood transfusions.

Admles
30-11-10, 17:57
Did you guys even read the article? It wont be possible to live forever. The most practical use this has to humans is making old and frail organs healthy again. Gosh.

edit: Doublepost, my bad! :o

Did you even read my post?

I never said anything about it making people live forever. I just think this is one area we don't need to be messing with, and that if it ever did happen, it wouldn't be made available to the general public.

I suggest you put your mouth (figuratively speaking) in neutral and your brain in gear before having a go at someone.

Rai
30-11-10, 18:02
I was reading in the paper the other day of anti-aging pills, is this the same?

Either way, Although the science of it is amazing, this seems a bit too much like playing with nature. Of course, when the elderly age, something that can ease any pain they're in or help stop them getting dementia is worth while, but messing with the aging process is a bit much. People are already living longer than before. Let's let nature take its course.

Forwen
30-11-10, 18:15
I wonder, of all those people here who are against it, if under 30's are a vast majority or just a majority? :p

Alpharaider47
30-11-10, 18:22
Ok so this was a few pages back, but I wanted to comment on it really quickly :p

Medical science only has good intentions =/

I just want to remind you that terrible things have been and will continue to be done because people had the best intentions. That doesn't always make things right. I think this is a fascinating area to explore, but I think it's dangerous. Just want em to tread carefully with this sort of stuff :p

Legend 4ever
30-11-10, 18:35
I will never understand the people who are fine with growing old and dying at the age of sixty or seventy. This world offers so much, there's so much to do, learn, explore and to be able to stay here for 150 to 200 years would be so much better. I mean, we already spend a third of our life at school and although that should prepare us for our future, that's not always the case.

lara c. fan
30-11-10, 18:37
I will never understand the people who are fine with growing old and dying at the age of sixty or seventy. This world offers so much, there's so much to do, learn, explore and to be able to stay here for 150 to 200 years would be so much better. I mean, we already spend a third of our life at school and although that should prepare us for our future, that's not always the case.

Living 150-200 years is messing with nature. Also, think of what it would do to the population. People living that long would mean that the world would get severely over-populated much faster than it is now.

Legend 4ever
30-11-10, 18:52
Living 150-200 years is messing with nature. Also, think of what it would do to the population. People living that long would mean that the world would get severely over-populated much faster than it is now.

Who cares if it's messing with nature? Taking medication, getting surgery etc, that's all messing with nature. If nature wanted you to die, why are you trying to stay alive? You should die. Hell, even having a car, having a house is messing with nature. We're well pass that point.

lara c. fan
30-11-10, 18:53
Who cares if it's messing with nature? Taking medication, getting surgery etc, that's all messing with nature. If nature wanted you to die, why are you trying to stay alive? You should die. Hell, even having a car, having a house is messing with nature. We're well pass that point.

Eh, I suppose. But my other point still stands.

FloTheMachine
30-11-10, 19:21

I do. :) Religion plays a key part in some peoples lives ;) And no certain religions technically cannot be dissproved because they are a basis of faith rather than scientific evidence.

Why are people not satisfied with their time here..?
I imagine this turning into a sort of I-Am-Legend type of situation :)