PDA

View Full Version : Are you Croft enough to do this? :P

IceColdLaraCroft
30-11-10, 00:12
It's the El Camino Del Rey walkway in Spain. It was built to transport materials between two hydroplants in 1905 and has fallen into disrepair. There are some sections where the concrete has completely broken off and only the metal beams remain.

Are you Croft enough to attempt this? :P

ZmDhRvvs5Xw

Spong
30-11-10, 00:15
Sure.

Underworld2008
30-11-10, 00:32
Oh my god.

No way! I'm terrified of heights...when he balanced over the poles..oh my haha would be fun though :P

Stunning Location!

marla_biggs
30-11-10, 00:56
No freakin way. My legs feel weak just watching that.

Rai
30-11-10, 00:57
No way. I'd probably freak out over the bits where the concrete has gone.

Beautiful place though.

larafan25
30-11-10, 01:00
I'm afraid of heights, but that doesn't bother me, perhaps if the camera had shown more of the huge space around those tiny edges, but the way it is, looks fun.:D

xXhayleyroxXx
30-11-10, 01:05
I'd do it if someone held my hand :o

MangelinaJolie
30-11-10, 01:06
I probably would, and then halfway through it panic and want to get out of there. :p I'd be really nervous going across the beams.

larafan25
30-11-10, 01:07
I thought about jumping across those gaps...however then I might make the entire thing collapse. O.O

MangelinaJolie
30-11-10, 01:11
Here's another one, a bit more dangerous and interesting:

y1Nd1qtk1Go

larafan25
30-11-10, 01:13
They should just ger a helmet with a camera attached.

MattTR
30-11-10, 01:16
In a video game, why yes. :cool:

Eddie Haskell
30-11-10, 01:17
That's some freaky hike!

In Afghanistan, there are equally dangerous tight, creaky and crumbling routes that the people in the mountainous regions use everyday! Even old ladies and kids, we were always amazed at the ease in which they traversed these areas. My men and I would be scared ****less as we moved through these areas, and sometimes we would get embarrassed as an old man would briskly move past us. But then again, he wasn't lugging a heavy pack and a weapon or two.

Aikaterina
30-11-10, 01:31
The beginning was okay, I didn't think it was that bad, then I got to 1:10 and I was like 'oh shi...', and then I saw the holes, and started hyperventilating. Clearly my fear of heights is worse than I thought. >(

voltz
30-11-10, 02:06
I'll need to have my leg fixed before I even think of considering it.

Alpharaider47
30-11-10, 02:10
Hell yes! Looks exciting :D

Spong
30-11-10, 02:11
I'm surprised at the number of people so far that wouldn't do it. The adrenaline rush alone would make it worth it, even without the spectacular views.

Phlip
30-11-10, 02:12
I'm surprised at the number of people so far that wouldn't do it. The adrenaline rush alone would make it worth it, even without the spectacular views.

You'd risk death. Surely your life is worth more than the adrenaline rush?

I wouldn't even do it with a safety harness. :o

Spong
30-11-10, 02:19

You never feel more alive than when you think you're moments from possible death. It'd be awesome. Although the safety harness thing would remove a degree of that sensation.

Alpharaider47
30-11-10, 02:20

I wouldn't even do it with a safety harness. :o

Yeah, it's the risk that makes it fun :p

Phlip
30-11-10, 02:22
You never feel more alive than when you think you're moments from possible death. It'd be awesome. Although the safety harness thing would remove a degree of that sensation.

Well the feeling might not be positive for other people. It'd definitely make you feel ALIVE, but not for the right reasons (for me).

Even with a degree less, would a safety harness be worth it for you?

DgoOdz94
30-11-10, 02:22
In my dreams, yes. In real life, maybe not (Unless I can activate and infinite health cheat code or something.... :pi:)

amaris
30-11-10, 02:25
I think i'd do it with the safety line, and even then i'd be saying Oh **** the entire way. :p

Spong
30-11-10, 02:27
Well the feeling might not be positive for other people. It'd definitely make you feel ALIVE, but not for the right reasons (for me).

Fair enough, I was just saying I was surprised. I thought young people nowadays were all thrill-seekers.

Yeah, it'd still be worth it.

Alpharaider47
30-11-10, 02:28

Safety harness would get in the way :p

IceColdLaraCroft
30-11-10, 02:40

There's a wire that runs the length of the walkway and that's it there really isn't a "safety harness" per se.

I plan on adding other videos/thrill seeking things to this thread. You are all welcome to add as well, but I'd like the theme to be something that Lara herself has either done or would do.

You also have to consider that if you've ever played a TR game you've vicariously done these things already it's just a matter of putting yourself in Lara's boots :P

here's one: base jumping into a giant cave

Cave of swallows in Mexico

YxoYpvCLww0

Tommy123
30-11-10, 02:48
hell no. :p

Phlip
30-11-10, 03:00
Fair enough, I was just saying I was surprised. I thought young people nowadays were all thrill-seekers.
Yeah but not to the extent of risking ones own life. It seems it's either one extreme or the other? Either not thrill-seekers at all or risking lives?

Yeah but if. :p

Dark Lugia 2
30-11-10, 03:39

People can get their adreneline rush in less life-endangering ways. No adrenaline rush is worth the possibility of falling off that walkway/cliff to certain death. You can climb mountains less dangerously to get spectacular views?

IceColdLaraCroft
30-11-10, 03:41
People can get their adreneline rush in less life-endangering ways. No adrenaline rush is worth the possibility of falling off that walkway/cliff to certain death. You can climb mountains less dangerously to get spectacular views?

It's ok if you fall...just remember to press the buttons in the sequence they appear. Triangle, square, circle :vlol:

Aikaterina
30-11-10, 03:47
Young people in general? Maybe. Gamers? Doubtful, the majority of gamers are geeks/nerds (whichever you prefer), and they aren't exactly known for their thrill-seeing ways.

You also have to consider that if you've ever played a TR game you've vicariously done these things already it's just a matter of putting yourself in Lara's boots :P
Now that's just simplifying things, it is hardly a matter of putting yourself in Lara's boots, myself for example? Me trying to do what Lara does, would be like having a child, who just learned to swim, compete in the Olympics. We'd both be doomed to failure (and possibly death). :p

Alpharaider47
30-11-10, 03:49

Yeah but that's not nearly as exciting. For me, it's not just the views, but the whole aspect of staring death in the face and persevering. Surviving.

Dark Lugia 2
30-11-10, 03:49
It's ok if you fall...just remember to press the buttons in the sequence they appear. Triangle, square, circle :vlol:

Lmao! :vlol: press triangle to grapple, square to climb up and circle to sit down and cry

@alpharaider to each their own i guess, of course this is only my opinion :p i just wouldnt do something like that, but then again i want to drive and car accidents happen all the time so what do i know :D

Phlip
30-11-10, 03:57
the majority of gamers are geeks/nerds

I completely disagree with this... observation.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
30-11-10, 04:15
Only if I get to gun down some helicopter pilots along the way.

Ikas90
30-11-10, 04:20
I'd love to do it. It looks as if some parts of the concrete could fall while you step on it though.

Alpharaider47
30-11-10, 04:23
@alpharaider to each their own i guess, of course this is only my opinion :p i just wouldnt do something like that, but then again i want to drive and car accidents happen all the time so what do i know :D
I can definitely agree there, and what I've been saying has been my personal opinion on it. Obviously not everybody shares it, hope it wasn't coming across that way :p

Raider4Ever96
30-11-10, 05:17
Only if I get to gun down some helicopter pilots along the way.

:mis:

I would totally do this!:jmp:! Its weird, I'm afraid of heights but when I'm hanging from something high or walking on a beam I feel fine.:p

I would be jumping the gaps lol. At first I thought he was going to do a swan dive into the water below.

Lemmie
30-11-10, 11:35
Sure, I'd give it a try. Looks like a lot of fun! :D

Avalon SARL
30-11-10, 11:51
Of course I can do it :D
Luv adventure
And I would like something like this for TR games :D

lararoxs
30-11-10, 12:03
I'd definatly do that! I don't think it looks that bad.

Lara Croft!
30-11-10, 12:06
It was ok, until 1:25

IceColdLaraCroft
30-11-10, 12:16
It was ok, until 1:25

4:48 & 5:45 I seriously thought "oh no she has to turn back" :vlol: because the gaps were so big

cezy rockeru
30-11-10, 12:21
No freakin way. My legs feel weak just watching that.

this...

young Lara Croft
30-11-10, 14:00
I think I would be able to do it...

xXhayleyroxXx
30-11-10, 14:05
None of you would do it without safety equipment :p

cezy rockeru
30-11-10, 14:06
None of you would do it without safety equipment :p

I wouldn't do it even with ropes holding me..

Shark_Blade
30-11-10, 14:30
Sure I'll do it. But at the same time, I'll pray to God hoping that the path won't broke off when I step on it.

cezy rockeru
30-11-10, 14:34
Noone's Crofter than Lady Croft:p

Miharu
30-11-10, 14:34
It looks fun at the same time...scary.

I'd like to walk and climb that high one day but the fact that you have to balance on a metal pole or bar...or whatever you call it (word slipped my mind LOL) is scary enough.

Mikky
30-11-10, 14:54
Um... Yes. :D

Nah, not really. :p If it was to get a free copy of TR9, then I'd think about it. :ton:

LNSNHGTDS
30-11-10, 15:45
I'm walking until I reach the place in 1:26, no free-falling without parachute for me thanks :p !

Rai
30-11-10, 17:07
That second video, Those foot holds could fall out at any moment! :yik:

Well, they're probably safer than they look, but I was holding my breath watching :o.

jjbennett
30-11-10, 17:14
U9UZbnNjJbY
Huashan Mountain goes one further ;)

\Tomb Raider/
30-11-10, 17:42
omg that looks really fun..and it looks like an awsome once in a life time experience :jmp: i would totally do it :cln:

tampi
30-11-10, 18:00
I watched this some days ago at TV if I'm not wrong.
I'm going to see if is the same place.

EDIT: There was a story about Lake San Mauricio (Pyrenees).
I've tried to find but I can not.
It was a story on a new route that could go in a canoe or a path very similar to the first post.
Sorry