PDA

View Full Version : Grandmother throws 2yr old granddaughter to her death

Tombraiderx08
01-12-10, 03:41
Neighbors of a 2-year-old Falls Church girl had no answers for why the toddler's grandmother who often baby-sat the child would throw her from a six-story parking garage, killing her. Fairfax police offered no motive for the actions of 50-year-old Carmela Dela Rosa. But they said they were sure that the child's death was intentionally caused by Dela Rosa, and charged her with murder.
Angelyn Ogdoc was severely injured after being thrown from a walkway connecting the Tysons Corner Center mall with a parking garage at about 7 p.m. Monday, Fairfax County police said.
The child was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where she died about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. Two other adult relatives were also at the mall, said Officer Tawny Wright, a Fairfax County police spokeswoman. All family members remained at the scene after the incident, and interviews with them led police to determine that the girl's death was not an accident, Wright said.
The charges baffled neighbors who said Dela Rosa was a doting grandmother, someone who would host barbecue get-togethers for her Fairfax neighborhood.
Joan Nalewpa, who lives across the street from the Ogdocs, said the family's affection for Angelyn was apparent. "These people loved that baby," she said.
Another neighbor, who asked not to be named, said Dela Rosa was "nothing but a loving grandma."
Dela Rosa, of the 3100 block of Ellenwood Drive, was the child's maternal grandmother.
Angelyn lived with her parents and paternal grandparents in a quiet Falls Church neighborhood.
Dela Rosa was initially charged with aggravated malicious wounding, but the charge was upgraded to murder after Angelyn died. She was arraigned Tuesday and a preliminary hearing was scheduled for Jan. 4. A public defender will represent her. She is being held in the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/virginia/2010/11/fairfax-grandmother-charged-murdering-2-year-old
That's just, horrible. I don't even know what to say. That poor girl, rip :(

Alpharaider47
01-12-10, 03:44
That's horrible! :( :mad:

CiaKonwerski
R.i.p

Spong
Wow. No really. Wow.

That sucks :(

Ikas90
01-12-10, 03:46
I'm so tired of hearing bad news.

Fallen.Angel
01-12-10, 03:51
That's scary stuff... especially considering that she just adored her granddaugther... it's pretty horrific to think how bad someone is so quick to snap at any given moment. It's got to be terrible for the mother.... :( somebody she loves and trusts did this to her own child.

Thank gosh I'm always home/go out with my children.

scoopy_loopy
01-12-10, 03:53
Wow. :|

Paddy
01-12-10, 04:18
Thats just horrid :(

CiaKonwerski
01-12-10, 04:35
That's scary stuff... especially considering that she just adored her granddaugther... it's pretty horrific to think how bad someone is so quick to snap at any given moment. It's got to be terrible for the mother.... :( somebody she loves and trusts did this to her own child.

Thank gosh I'm always home/go out with my children.

I blame the Devil.

TRLegendLuver
01-12-10, 05:25
Is there ever any actual good news to report? I bet you'd find some pretty messed up brain cells in you scanned her head. Seriously.

Hairhelmet12
01-12-10, 05:52
D:
Thats Terrible! Why would she do that? ):
Poor girl, R.I.P

LightningRider
01-12-10, 09:53
Oh My God. Poor Girl. I mean... wow.

Rest in Peace. :(

igonge
01-12-10, 10:15
Christ. That's horrible! :(

tampi
01-12-10, 10:57
This is nothing compared to that nurse who stole a newborn thinking she/he was the son of the mistress of her husband or boyfriend. She ran out of the hospital while some people run behind her and she suddenly started hitting the baby on the ground before the astonished eyes of the people.
Later, dead baby's mother had no relationship with her husband or boyfriend. Everything was a mess.
Some things are inexplicable "a posteriori". :o

Miharu
01-12-10, 11:02

Same.

R.I.P

jackali
01-12-10, 11:02
That's kind of weird...

Miharu
01-12-10, 11:03
This is nothing compared to that nurse who stole a newborn thinking she/he was the son of the mistress of her husband or boyfriend. She ran out of the hospital while some people run behind her and she suddenly started hitting the baby on the ground before the astonished eyes of the people.
Later, dead baby's mother had no relationship with her husband or boyfriend. Everything was a mess.
Some things are inexplicable "a posteriori". :o

That case may be worse, but show some respect please. This thread wasn't created for comparing which child-killing event was worse.

jackali
01-12-10, 11:06
^ Nor was it created to berate other people. Show some respect and, well, simple human decency. ;)

TheRCroft
01-12-10, 11:06

That's the world of today, unfortunately.

God, that's terrible news, poor little girl :( May she rest in peace :/

tampi
01-12-10, 11:12
That case may be worse, but show some respect please. This thread wasn't created for comparing which child-killing event was worse.

^ Nor was it created to berate other people. Show some respect and, well, simple human decency. ;)

Ok, sorry. I will take the Miharu advice as good in this case:o

"We" are able to do the worse things. :(

jackali
01-12-10, 11:17
tampi - I wasn't telling you to show respect, I was telling Miharu to show you some respect. He/she was rather rude to you.

tampi
01-12-10, 11:29
tampi - I wasn't telling you to show respect, I was telling Miharu to show you some respect.

I know, I know. :)

He/she was rather rude to you.
I don't thought so. :)

I know that I have the terrible habit of commenting on things in the threads that is unrelated to the thread. :o
But I can not avoid it. :o
I don't know how to avoid it. :o

Put simply, "oh what a shame" does not seem enough. If I can provide some new information I do it, it seems relevant.
Nor do I ever. :pi:
Well, either way I take my share of blame.
I'm too chaotic. :o

Do you see? :whi::ohn::pi:

xXhayleyroxXx
01-12-10, 11:43
Gawd that is sick :( R.I.P little girl x

TheCoolJazz
01-12-10, 11:59
That's terrible! :( poor little girl.

What kind of a world we live in! this is just not right :mad:

robm_2007
01-12-10, 16:43

I am too. I think it's desensitizing me a great deal.

TombOfRaiders
01-12-10, 16:46

I have to agree. Bad stuff always overthrows the good stuff.

I can barely watch the news without getting sad and depressed about all the bad news it's bringing out and that.

cezy rockeru
01-12-10, 16:48
horrible:eek:
R.I.P.

Legend of Lara
01-12-10, 16:57

Yes.

knightgames
01-12-10, 17:09
There's six billion people in the world. SOMEONE was bound to throw a two year old off the roof. It's the law of averages.

Yeah. I'm desensitized. I almost don't even care anymore. There's so much crap overflowing the toilet bowl of life this is barely worth mentioning. And yet Tomb Raiders keep posting it as if it'll stop. Is this kind of stuff really all that surprising anymore?

Rai
01-12-10, 17:41
That is so horrible. What could possibly have triggered this woman to do this? She is said to have been a doting grandmother. This seems almost premeditated. So sad for the little girl's parents. Poor baby. R.I.P. Angelyn. :(

Also, to those who are sick of reading bad news: sadly this is the state of the world today. Bad news gets reported more on this forum unfortunately. Occasional we get good news and we get someone complaining that there is people dying and that should be reported over good news. Sad, but true. Sorry, I felt the need to say it.

Avalon SARL
01-12-10, 18:55
My GOD
The poor little girl.May she R.I.P.

But what I don't understand is if the grandmother is truly accused of doing this?
Have they go clear clues,because maybe it was an accident :confused:

So sad news :(

aidanmalone
01-12-10, 19:17
My god thats disgusting :mad:
Whats wrong with peple nowadays :(
RIP little one x x

Sgt BOMBULOUS
01-12-10, 19:19
I wonder if Farmville was involved.

Vinkula
01-12-10, 19:23
OMG. I can't stand violence. And I can't stand violence against little children.

xb4b1x
01-12-10, 19:25
Wtf is wrong with some people...

Rai
01-12-10, 19:26
My GOD
The poor little girl.May she R.I.P.

But what I don't understand is if the grandmother is truly accused of doing this?
Have they go clear clues,because maybe it was an accident :confused:

Witness accounts maybe, those including the two other family members who were also at the mall. It doesn't say in the article about any other particular clues that this wasn't an accident.

DgoOdz94
01-12-10, 23:41
This is really sickening..... :(

R.I.P. :(

robm_2007
02-12-10, 02:29

Aaaaaawwwwww...this made me laugh :(
-------
i wonder if this grandma was mentally unstable, perhaps she had a nervous breakdown or something and went beserk.

MattTR
02-12-10, 03:05
What the heck? That's horrible! :( Seriously I can't believe some of the things I've been reading lately.

Tony9595
02-12-10, 03:22

:vlol:

Let's kill Farmville! It makes grannies go crazy!

Tommy123
02-12-10, 03:38

me too

the world has so many crazy *****es these days :/

Twilight
07-12-10, 02:11
Is there ever any actual good news to report? I bet you'd find some pretty messed up brain cells in you scanned her head. Seriously.

the last good news i remember was "subway superman", the guy who risked his own life to save another guy that fell on the tracks as a train came. he laid down flat on the middle part of the tracks. it may not be reported often, but there are kind people in the world. :)