PDA

View Full Version : The AD you hate or dislike at the moment

Carbon
02-12-10, 16:30
this is a basic thread, just post the advert that is on tv at the moment that bugs you.

At the moment the advert that bugs me is the one with the baby travelling on its trolly thing, the AD is for a kodak printer. whats yours?:)

PS: I know people will hate me for me hating that ad but it just bugs me.

TippingWater
02-12-10, 16:39
I hate all ads , except the ones for Tomb Raider :cln: .

TombOfRaiders
02-12-10, 17:07
Those advertisements on YouTube before you watch a video sometimes. They really annoy me and I find them quite pointless to actually be in some videos.

xXhayleyroxXx
02-12-10, 17:10
The Iceland ones :pi:

Dingaling
02-12-10, 17:11

This :tmb:.

I absolutely adored the Curry's one not too long ago with R2-D2 and C3-PO :D. It was hilarious and brilliant and it never EVER got tiring. Shame it's never on anymore :(.

Liara
02-12-10, 17:14
I don't even notice ads anymore, I just ignore them as soon as the break kicks in. Must be the fact that the light/color scheme is purposefully made more bright for ads (so that they can be noticed) but my hate of bright lights makes me ignore them.

Those advertisements on YouTube before you watch a video sometimes. They really annoy me and I find them quite pointless to actually be in some videos.
I usually just press F5 and after the page refreshes the ad is gone.

TombOfRaiders
02-12-10, 17:16

Apparently, that doesn't work. :(

And yes, those Iceland adverts. They're just set to **** you off. :p

xcrushterx
02-12-10, 17:16
Go Compare.

[/thread]

TombOfRaiders
02-12-10, 17:18
Go Compare.

[/thread]

Those adverts are both funny and annoying at the same time. It's funny because this guy is humiliating himself with his "singing" voice and it's annoying because they put it on so much!

\Tomb Raider/
02-12-10, 17:26

hahaha

Underworld2008
02-12-10, 17:50
Iceland ones. Seriously :| the one with the pizzas make me feel sick! I mean Kebab pizza? ew.

Ampersand
02-12-10, 18:40
I clicked this expecting to see a thread to the effect of:

"Hey, but I love A.D.!"
"Nah, B.C. is so much better."
"You squares. Your calendars are so conventional."

Damn.

FloTheMachine
02-12-10, 18:45
The Febreeze ad... :mad:

"Mmm! Fresh!"

ultima espio
02-12-10, 19:10
That one for Shampoo, you know with that blonde woman shouting "Swish! SWISH! SWISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:hea:

FloTheMachine
02-12-10, 20:23
^ :vlol: Who's really gonna send in their 'swish' video :D SWISHHHH!!!

Alpharaider47
02-12-10, 20:33
The Target ones lately are annoying, with that crazy Target lady... it's like SNL... but less funny >_<

TR FAN 18
02-12-10, 20:56
There are SO MANY adverts that are currently annoying me:

1. Go Compare - I really don't think I need to say anything else.

2. Direct Line - ARGH! These ads have been on about 50,000 times and they're just driving me insane. They even have an ad for landlord insurance. WTF?

3. Iceland - I want to kill EVERYONE who was involved in the making of this ear bleeding excuse of an advert! This is worse than those Kerry Katona ones.

4. Nom - Extremely annoying advert with people making stupid sounds while eating a Yoghurt. I have to reach for the mute button everytime it plays.

5. Activia - "Packed with Activia's exclusive Bifidus culture." BIFIDUS WHAT?! Ads that make up scientific gibberish should be banned.

6. L'Oreal - Cheryl Cole = :hea:. Also, "Inspired by the science of genes." Oh just go away.

7. Pantene - "Make a SWIIIIIIISH." SHUT UP! :mad:

8. Halifax - Stupid people behaving like complete idiots on a radio show and ruining several songs in the process. I mean you, "ISA ISA Baby."

9. Mooooooooooooonpig.com - ARGH! :mad:

10. DFS - "All I want for Christmas is you." They've been playing this song since OCTOBER and I'm seriously sick of hearing it after the last 500,000,000 times.

11. All current Nintendo adverts especially that one with Jedward and another with JLS.

12. Coronation Street 50 - Everytime I hear that woman badly singing the Corrie theme, I'm forced to reach for the mute button. We get it ITV, Corrie is 50! You don't need to keep telling us every 15 minutes! :mad:

13. Actimel - "Packed with L.Casei Danone." Oh come on, stop making up such gibberish.

14. Febreze - Badly dubbed over English makes me want to hit that mute button.

15. MUSIC MAGPIE DOT CO DOT U K - AHHHHH, MY EARS! :(

16. Glade - "And it's from Glade you know." So? WHY DO I CARE?! :mad:

As you can see, I hate loads of adverts. I wouldn't be surprised if Go Compare was voted most irritating ad of 2010. It won that "award" last year. Also, I hope that opera singer appears on Most Annoying People 2010.

lara c. fan
02-12-10, 20:59
There are SO MANY adverts that are currently annoying me:

5. Activia - "Packed with Activia's exclusive Bifidus culture." BIFIDUS WHAT?! Ads that make up scientific gibberish should be banned.

Isn't it Bifidus Actiregularis? :p

Fallen.Angel
02-12-10, 21:10
The Progressive ADs, as well Glade. Oh, and Proactive.

FloTheMachine
02-12-10, 21:11
Is Activia not basically a laxative..? :)

snork
02-12-10, 21:16
I did not hate it, but almost fell off the chair from laughter -

Franziska van Almsick* doing an ad for the most disadvantageous dress possible (H&M, or was it C&A?). :vlol:
I guess even Twiggy would have looked voluminous and misshapen in that dress.

*a multiple former swimming champion. She has a history for wearing awful dresses. (not on purpose)

robm_2007
02-12-10, 21:24
The AC Brotherhood commercial. i saw it 14 times in 2 hours.

FloTheMachine
02-12-10, 21:32
:vlol: Where you on the same channel :D

ozzman
02-12-10, 21:44

same, i hate them all:hea: expecialy Car ones, so annoying, same with the "it's my money and i need it now" one AND the JG Wentworth ones :hea:

ultima espio
02-12-10, 22:36
Oooo remember that one where that fat woman walks through reception and slips? I remember watching that thinking, "I don't care, sort your fringe out"

:vlol::vlol::vlol:

trlestew
02-12-10, 22:45
Moonpig.

It fails at trying to resemble a 50's vibe.

patriots88888
02-12-10, 23:14
Meh, the only thing that I really dislike about them is that they come blaring in like 10 times louder than the program they interupt.

We can hear you hawk your cars just fine, thank you!

Beans-Bot
03-12-10, 01:43
There's one ad here that advertizes some sugar replacement that features really OTT clips of super-imposed leaves and strawberries being ran through said non-sugar. Complete with some crooning young woman that can not sing at all. It's implied that she's left her boyfriend over the damned non-sugar and is singing blissfully about it, too, so that's horribly depressing. The whole advert is just...no. :p

italibabee
03-12-10, 01:46
"it's my money and i need it now"omg! when I had cable that was the only commercial that was ever on....it was so annoying
that and the HeadOn commercial

ajrich17901
03-12-10, 01:50

This, its pretty bad even online we can't escape friken CM's, all it does is make me hate there products more lmao.

Alpharaider47
03-12-10, 01:55

I can recognize that one just by hearing the first few seconds of it, it plays so often at work. That and that Sprint one where the guy's like "Callahan! You're on desk duty, turn in your weapon." :vlol:

ajrich17901
03-12-10, 01:56
I loved the TRU promo trailer at first...until the 50 thousandth time they played it on tv o.o

scremanie
03-12-10, 02:42
lkmaRH7GJXo

Ugh.

Carbon
03-12-10, 07:58

This as well, that damn music bursts my brain!!! its not even AC style music

!Lara Croft!
03-12-10, 08:31
Ads in youtube that pop up, and the ones that you are forced to watch before the video loads, im on DIAL UP!!!
Ads on DVD's, especially the really long ones where they have disabled the "skip" button.
The hundreds of funeral ads on TV right now, every damn ad break.

igonge
03-12-10, 13:19

This. They make me gag... not just the food.

Spong
03-12-10, 15:50
There are SO MANY adverts that are currently annoying me:...

Impressive list, all of which I agree with. But you missed out FunkyPigeon.com and ComparetheMarket.com

Daybreak actually had an interview a while back with that stupid meerkat from the ComparetheMarket ads. Just goes to show how they've scraped their way through the bottom of the barrel already and are digging their way down through the Earth.

cezy rockeru
03-12-10, 16:15
lkmaRH7GJXo

Ugh.

Horrible:vlol:
Also...
8MvqxpHwedo&feature=related
How cheap:vlol:

NRO.
03-12-10, 16:24
IQYWytBRlcs

No, it's not ten seconds. IT'S THE WHOLE FREAKIN SONG EVERY TIME.

[/thread]

ultima espio
03-12-10, 16:31
Impressive list, all of which I agree with. But you missed out FunkyPigeon.com and ComparetheMarket.com

Daybreak actually had an interview a while back with that stupid meerkat from the ComparetheMarket ads. Just goes to show how they've scraped their way through the bottom of the barrel already and are digging their way down through the Earth.

I like FunkyPigeon :vlol:

Spong
03-12-10, 17:01

That's just wrong :p

igonge
03-12-10, 17:53

Coo hoo
vG1Hg01B1Sg
Sweeeet

Fonkeh Pidgun dot com

StefanJ94
03-12-10, 18:12
Also...
Are you sure you posted the right ad? :pi:

igonge
03-12-10, 19:12
Horrible:vlol:
Also...

Need to get away? Stick it on your card lol Even Tombs are greedy *******s these days :rolleyes:

Wana b like Lara
03-12-10, 19:17
The NOM Yoghurt ad!! :@

:| NOMOOMONMONM ' It's a PhenoMENOMNOMNOn' ..

Nn9n7BYFxKQ

cezy rockeru
03-12-10, 19:46
The NOM Yoghurt ad!! :@

:| NOMOOMONMONM ' It's a PhenoMENOMNOMNOn' ..

Nn9n7BYFxKQ

I hate it O.o
GO BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean.... please GO BURN:)
nom,nom:pi:

Need to get away? Stick it on your card lol Even Tombs are greedy *******s these days :rolleyes:

exactly:D

TR FAN 18
03-12-10, 19:50
Go Compare to release a CHARITY SINGLE?! (http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/news/1929911/compare-releases-charity-christmas-single) :mad:
If that gets to #1, I'm gonna hate the music industry FOREVER!

Heck, I'd rather hear stuff from X Factor than listen to Gio.

I know it's for charity but ARGH!

QiX
03-12-10, 20:01
Seriously, everything Xmas on TV is depressing. And In my country we start to see Xmas commercials in october.

Watch a couple hours of TV during the primetime without a remote control and you'll understand the increase of the suicide rate near Xmas.

Gladous
03-12-10, 22:27
Shake Weight.

My mom even wants one now. :(

trlestew
03-12-10, 22:28
My mom does too :(

It's a stupid gimmick just like everything else.

Alpharaider47
03-12-10, 23:24
Shake Weight.

My mom even wants one now. :(

:vlol: have you seen SNL's take on it?

cezy rockeru
04-12-10, 08:03
wYX_zhlTDr8
:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol:

A.JJ.G
04-12-10, 09:53
I hate any ads that are mindless, (:hea:) loud for the sake of being loud (looking at you Go :hea: Compare :hea: >.>), too flashy (:hea::hea::hea:) or just stupid (:hea::hea::hea::hea:). Actually... I think that's all ads gone. Also, I hate the ads before Youtube Videos, and the ones that appear at the bottom of videos half way through. They really take you out of the moment if you're watching a really good video. :( I do understand why there are ads, but it's still really annoying anyway.

tomblover
04-12-10, 10:16
IQYWytBRlcs

No, it's not ten seconds. IT'S THE WHOLE FREAKIN SONG EVERY TIME.

[/thread] IKR.

Pain. In the. Ass.

Carbon
04-12-10, 10:40
I don't even notice ads anymore, I just ignore them as soon as the break kicks in. Must be the fact that the light/color scheme is purposefully made more bright for ads (so that they can be noticed) but my hate of bright lights makes me ignore them.

If your on a PC that is. ;)

dexter void
04-12-10, 11:26
I mute all advertising if I ever watch television.

I hate it when you see bad adverts from clients that you work for and how they make you cringe!

Doesn't the U.S. screen ads every ten minutes or something!

I hate Compare the meerkat ads and those related insurance/comparison ones.
The recent Durex ad makes me wanna vom too.

TR FAN 18
04-12-10, 12:04
I'm really hating all the adverts for the crappy CDs they expect us to buy for Christmas. How many more crappy covers of "You Raise Me Up" must I hear. Stuff like "The Chelsea Pensioners" or "The Soldiers." Who buys this rubbish?! :mad:

Also, the Morrisons ads are really annoying me. "...this comes from Italy", "no it doesn't, it comes from Morrisons." STUPID KIDS! :hea:
And why are they still using the same Take That song? They've been using it since 2008 for crying out loud!

tampi
04-12-10, 12:10
An ad where a person comes vomiting.
Also I saw it while I was eating. It was very, very unpleasant. I don't want post it.
It was quickly removed from TV by people's complaints.

Croft_Original
04-12-10, 14:42
^The "Have you got a fungal nail infection?" advert. That's always on at lunch time and it's got pictures of infected toe nails. I hate it.:p

wYX_zhlTDr8

What the...:cen::D

Croft.

TR FAN 18
04-12-10, 19:10
Oh great, DFS are having ANOTHER SALE! :hea:

Also, that annoying Tesco Essential Savings ad has returned. It's just another one of those supermarket ads claiming that they're cheaper than other competing supermarkets. For crying out loud, I DON'T CARE! And stop saying "sorted!" :mad: