PDA

View Full Version : WHEN would you go?

sandygrimm
04-12-10, 12:56
if you had a fancy time machine, where and when would you like to go? Future , past? Who would you like to meet? :)

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/OnlyRabidSquirrel/Decorated%20images/BTTF.jpg

TombOfRaiders
04-12-10, 12:57
2030, 20 years into the future to see if the Earth is still around and to see what I look like at 35 years old.

xXhayleyroxXx
04-12-10, 12:59
Ancient Egypt or Ancient Greece. And back to Medieval Northumbria to see what life would have been like for me back when we were nobility, and the other side of my family border reivers. And then back a few years before I was born to meet the Grandpa I resemble so much.

Spong
04-12-10, 13:00
I'd go back to a week last Tuesday. I had pizza :p
Happy days.

tampi
04-12-10, 13:04
Go a few years back in time to prevent our President came to the presidency.
Then go to the future to see that such things are going. Through day 6 of this month for a photo cover magazine and post it in a certain thread.:cln:
:o

Underworld2008
04-12-10, 13:06
wow its a tough one really.

2013 to see if the world is still around haha!

cezy rockeru
04-12-10, 13:36
First,I'd go in '50 to see my grandma young:oThen,in '80 to see my parents young,in 2000 to see me when I was little,and in 2015 to see me older:D

silviu_raider
04-12-10, 13:44
I'd go in the future, to see how I can win at the lottery and become rich, *****! :mis:

DgoOdz94
04-12-10, 13:46
I'd go back into the past. Perhaps the 70's/80's. Life was simpler back then.... :p Or at least I think so. :vlol:

A.JJ.G
04-12-10, 13:48
2030, 20 years into the future to see if the Earth is still around and to see what I look like at 35 years old.

Me too! Then I'd go into the past and make some changes for the better (money, security, some enemies gone... you know, all the basic stuff :pi:)

Ikas90
04-12-10, 13:56
I'd go to the future to see how far we come technologically, and to find out if there are definitely other habitable planets in the universe.

The future isn't written, so if I travel there, events won't be affected.

However, I'd be leaving my whole life and everybody that's important to me behind. They'll never see me again. Or will they?

Legend of Lara
04-12-10, 14:18
Like a few have said, I'd go into the future and see if the world is still generally non-ended.

Nerd For Life
04-12-10, 14:37
The 80s, baby!

robwolf666
04-12-10, 14:44
Yeah, I'd go in to the future as well... but more like 100 years or more... then if the machine still worked keep jumping forward by the same amount.

Liara
04-12-10, 15:07
I'd go into the future when traveling between dimensions is possible. If not, then I'd go back to when I was a kid. Nothing's sweeter than being 10 when your whole world is candy and TV.

ozzman
04-12-10, 15:09
if he where real, i'd go back to Rennasance Italy to serve Ezio Auditore :p, but i would also love to go back to Sengoku Japan or Three Kingdoms Era China

Ampersand
04-12-10, 15:42
I'd have a careful peek at some dinosaurs, then travel to the late 70s/early 80s and studiously follow my favourite bands for the next couple of decades, sending them prophetic letters advising against bad career moves.

Nerd For Life
04-12-10, 15:45
I'd have a careful peek at some dinosaurs, then travel to the late 70s/early 80s and studiously follow my favourite bands for the next couple of decades, sending them prophetic letters advising against bad career moves.

"Dave, don't dye your hair blonde"

knightgames
04-12-10, 16:04
Can I bring a video camera?

Think of how many mysteries one could uncover in real time. I'd settle the religious one right away. Was there a real Israel that was taken from Egypt in such miraculous ways? Or did Jesus really feed 5000 people with loaves and fishes? Did Mohamed move a mountain or was that just P.R.?

Or I could go back in time with a few modern gadgets and fascinate the locals who then make me their god. Muah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Go back to '63 and I'd lock the book depository door. :ton:

Go back to '86 to warn Bill Buckner of a certain ground ball.

Go back to 1996ish and warn George Lucas that he's about ready to ruin his franchise with that Jamaican accented, long eared, doe eyed loser of a character, Jar Jar Binks. Then I'd tell him story is more important than flash, and the next 3 movies are nothing but flash.

Lastly, and the most honest answer....

....I'd go back to 1974 and have a nice long talk with me.

Squibbly
04-12-10, 16:08
The 80s, baby!

Yes!

Yes! :yah:

"Dave, don't dye your hair blonde"

OMG yes. :|

Croft_Original
04-12-10, 16:15
I'm an Egyptomaniac so I'd like to go back to ancient Egypt and find out what spoken ancient Egyptian sounded like.:)

I'd also like a Back To The Future style almanac so I could make millions.:D

Croft.

DragonSlayer
04-12-10, 16:25
If i were to travel through time i wouldn't go in a delorean i would take one of Atlantis's time jumpers so if i found some technology worth bringing back i would have plenty of room to stash it, that and the jumper has a cloak which makes it invisible which makes it a better choice for travelling through time that way it couldn't be stolen like the delorean was in Back To the Future 2.
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Jumper

As for where i would go i would go to the future to bring back advanced technology, and to see what has been invented that would be worth bringing back and to see if some of the tech on star trek has been created by then, holodecks, replicators and transporters.

tomblover
04-12-10, 18:39
The 7th of May 2010, *****es. <3

Raider4Ever96
04-12-10, 19:02
I'd go back to every time I was about to do something stupid and stop myself.

I would go back to the 1960s and laugh at my parents.

Go back to whenever Stephanie Meyer decided to write Twilight and tell her that the book would fail and she would become the laughing stock of the literary world.

I would also go back to around the time when Eidos decided to rush AOD and slap some sense into them....

:mis:

egypt_gypsie
04-12-10, 19:08
The 80's. I would bring a video camera, and sneak into all the concerts and go backstage.

And Ancient Egypt.

Pretty much all the ancient civilizations.

DragonSlayer
04-12-10, 19:14
The 80's. I would bring a video camera, and sneak into all the concerts and go backstage.

And Ancient Egypt.

Pretty much all the ancient civilizations.

Just don't tamper with the timeline SG-1 did in season 8 and they :cen: up the timeline
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Moebius,_Part_1
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Moebius,_Part_2

\Tomb Raider/
04-12-10, 19:31
I would go to the future to c how everything turned out for me, any if i hate it i can change it in the present :D

TombOfRaiders
04-12-10, 19:37
I would go to the future to c how everything turned out for me, any if i hate it i can change it in the present :D

Lots of things though are Fate. Which you can't change.

\Tomb Raider/
04-12-10, 19:38
Lots of things though are Fate. Which you can't change.

well then, THE TIME MACHINE SUX :mad:

Lee croft
04-12-10, 19:41
I would go back a year and give myself a slap :p .

aidanmalone
04-12-10, 20:38
Go to a futuristic era to get a glimpse of whats to come, then after that visit myself through every 2 years to see how my life goes :p

t-raider26
04-12-10, 20:45
I'd go back to 1994 and start my life over. Or I'd go to 1969 :mis:

Tony9595
04-12-10, 20:50
kw5s3CB_1pE

Seems like I missed a lot of things!

Lizard of Oz
04-12-10, 21:40
I'd go to the hospital where I was born. Then trade myself for another baby who's parents are nice and wealthy.:pi:

Another Lara
04-12-10, 22:35
I'd go to the hospital where I was born. Then trade myself for another baby who's parents are nice and wealthy.:pi:

I can top that.. I'd go back far enough so that I meet my distant ancestors and help them make loads of money and give them advice on how to keep it... that way when I reach present day, I would have been born into wealth and nobility! :p

I'd also love to visit every single massive piece of history that has ever passed just so I can see what it was like and if the history books have it right... I'd also take a HD camcorder for my own personal record of it! :D

Rai
04-12-10, 23:29
Oh this is an interesting question. I'm very into history, so I'd love to go back in time, but I also wanna nosey into what the future has in store. I can't pinpoint a time period. Maybe to make it more specific, I can look into my own future and see just how much space I'm gonna need for all them cats I'll need for the role of weirdo spinster :vlol:

patriots88888
05-12-10, 00:14
The 60's so I can hang with all the other peace and love hippies, not to mention see all the great rock artists and concerts I missed. :cool: Way too many of them died before their time. :(

Definitely would not want to travel to the future, even for a day. Why spoil it? :p

jackali
05-12-10, 00:59
I would go back a year and give myself a slap :p .

I'd go back and give you a slap as well. :p
I jest!

Seriously though, I'd go back to Ancient Rome. Late Republic/Early Empire. And I'd stay there.