PDA

View Full Version : John Lennon, 30 years gone, but never forgotton

pizzabob18
08-12-10, 05:29
Today is the 30th anniversary of when one of the most brilliant musical artists was taken from us. John's messages of peace and love still linger to this day, and while we mourn his loss, let us not forget those who we have. The friends, family, loved ones and acquaintances we've met over the years. Today is the day to appreciate what you have and to realize that no matter how hard life can be, you gotta stay strong. Rest in peace John.

tombraiderluka
08-12-10, 06:19
He was no doubt a musical genious and a huge inspiration. :hug:

Lara's Nemesis
08-12-10, 07:50
RIP

Great talent and had a really good message, tragic that his life was taken away so needlessly. :(

Spider Man
08-12-10, 07:53
Who?

Lara's Nemesis
08-12-10, 07:55
Who?

:(

patriots88888
08-12-10, 10:28
He wasn't a saint, that is for sure. But he was a great influence to many aspiring musicians at the time (and hopefully still to this day) and indeed had a very political, poignant and outspoken view on how the world could/should be and many embraced those messages and views as their own.

Now he's in Rock n' Roll heaven.

ShadyCroft
08-12-10, 11:31
Who?

:eek:

anyway, indeed he was a brilliant artist ! To this day I pop in my Beatles CDs and listen to them...simply fantastic !
All you need is love ! :tmb:

Rest in peace, John! :o

cezy rockeru
08-12-10, 11:41
R.I.P. :(
I hope you feel happy up there:)

tampi
08-12-10, 11:57
30 years!
It's amazing what someone can do with a few musical notes and inspiration.
After periods so terrible and sad. All those wars during the early century. Someone like John Lennon began writing songs and sharing hope.

He left many beautiful songs to listen.:tmb:

Sifo-Dyas
08-12-10, 12:51
Who?

Xcuse me? Did you actually ask who?! :(

Anyways, John Lennon is definitely one of the most influential artists ever. And I think it's typical for this often bleak world that we live in that a man with such beautiful dreams and hopes has been taken from us so fast. :(

AltaïrTheEagle
08-12-10, 12:57
Requiescat in pacé John Lennon ones of the greatest musicians ever and who's reach extended beyond his music

Dennis's Mom
08-12-10, 13:40
Who know what John would be doing today? Rocking at 70? Enjoying grandkids?

On John's behalf I wish you all "Happy Chrimble and a Gear New Year!"

Goose
08-12-10, 15:38
Enjoying grandkids?

He wasnt that good a father, he has two kids from different mothers, not sure if they have kids. He left one of them when the child was 5 and moved off with yoko, had a child with her.

He wasnt the nicest of the beatles by all accounts, but i guess fame can lead people to change for the worst. But his messages were good.

rowanlim
08-12-10, 16:05
RIP John Lennon. I love his music & the messages he always sent through them.

xXhayleyroxXx
08-12-10, 17:18
I watched the documentary about him today -- he seemed like a very kind man who had a good heart. I've only ever heard 'Imagine'.

R.I.P.

Love2Raid
08-12-10, 18:44
R.i.p. :(

Dennis's Mom
08-12-10, 20:41
I watched the documentary about him today -- he seemed like a very kind man who had a good heart. I've only ever heard 'Imagine'.

R.I.P.

Really? "Walls & Bridges" is one of my favorite albums.

xXhayleyroxXx
08-12-10, 20:48
Really? "Walls & Bridges" is one of my favorite albums.

Really what? :p *feels stoopid*
Really that I've only heard 'Imagine' ? :p

Stosh
08-12-10, 21:00
R.I.P.

"All we are saying, is give peace a chance"

Lara's home
08-12-10, 21:02
Who?
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/ISeeWhatYouDidThere.jpg

Dennis's Mom
09-12-10, 13:32
Really what? :p *feels stoopid*
Really that I've only heard 'Imagine' ? :p

Sorry! Wasn't my intent to make you feel stupid. :o

I think you may have heard more, you just didn't realize it was John.

Lara's Nemesis
09-12-10, 13:38
You might have heard this without realising it was John Lennon.

6lLs2dC9NaE

xXhayleyroxXx
09-12-10, 17:09
Sorry! Wasn't my intent to make you feel stupid. :o

I think you may have heard more, you just didn't realize it was John.

Nahh, only heard 'Imagine' :o xxxx

interstellardave
09-12-10, 17:39

R.I.P.

I'll bet you've heard this song... it's always played a lot during the holiday season...

Best christmas song, IMO.

dBfEGETyGjs

xXhayleyroxXx
09-12-10, 17:40
oh yes! Yes, I've heard that one :p Totally forgot about it!

Dennis's Mom
09-12-10, 17:40
Well, I can't let that be the status quo!

Instant Karma (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4) is going to get you! :D

(Jealous Guy is a great song too.)

xXhayleyroxXx
09-12-10, 17:44
Just listened to it ^_^ Good song :tmb:
xxx

interstellardave
09-12-10, 17:49
LOL... what the heck is Yoko doing in that video?! Knitting blindfolded?

Anyway, there's no way anyone in any developed country has only heard just 1 John Lennon song... I think we already proved that. :p

Croft_Original
09-12-10, 19:41
I was still at school when this happened:o and I've just found a John Lennon song I've never heard before:

aeWIMYVKbLE

It's one of my favourite songs and I didn't even know he recorded a version of it.

@idave: BTW I could probably knit blindfold.;)

Croft.

interstellardave
09-12-10, 19:46
@idave: BTW I could probably knit blindfold.;)

That she can do it doesn't surprise me, it seems like an odd thing to be in that video though! :p

larafan25
09-12-10, 22:43
I like Mind Games.:D

Weemanply109
09-12-10, 22:46
RIP..

I only know he was in the Beatles, I dislike them anyway, but still sad he's gone.

Lizard of Oz
10-12-10, 00:24
How ironic.

"Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground." -John Lennon.

May he R.I.P.

Croft_Original
10-12-10, 13:53
That she can do it doesn't surprise me, it seems like an odd thing to be in that video though! :p

Well it is wierd but then again it's Yoko; I've never really understood half the stuff she does. The fact that the blindfold looks like a surgical dressing is a bit off putting though.:)

Croft.

Dennis's Mom
10-12-10, 14:06
LOL... what the heck is Yoko doing in that video?! Knitting blindfolded?

It's a Kotex pad she's using as a blindfold. It's a statement about feminism (kept in place with they're a woman, doing woman's work.) She was a well-known performance artist before she got together with John. Everyone forgets that.

Yeah, I'm a Yoko fan. :o

I like Mind Games.:D

I don't have Mind Games on CD. I need to get it.

patriots88888
10-12-10, 14:25
Since this is sorta becoming a 'post your favorite and/or notable J.L. song thread, I thought I'd add my personal favorite of his (non Beatles years). :p

HvFeU9hQjVA

Dennis's Mom
10-12-10, 15:20
From Walls & Bridges. That was the song that was going to bring him and Yoko back together. :)

I don't think I can pick just one song, but there's a peace I feel when I hear "Watching the Wheels." This feeling that it's OK to not be "running the ball."

Croft_Original
10-12-10, 15:31
It's a Kotex pad she's using as a blindfold. It's a statement about feminism (kept in place with they're a woman, doing woman's work.)

Ah, mystery solved :tmb:

Croft.