PDA

View Full Version : Men wearing makeup and dresses

larafan25
16-12-10, 22:02
Why do people react so strange to it? Why is it strange?

TombOfRaiders
16-12-10, 22:05
It's not natural for men to wear makeup and dresses, it's more a "womanly" thing.

Still, I see nothing bad about it. It's a Man's Choice.

Phlip
16-12-10, 22:06

Most men don't, so it's something you notice when a man does it.

larafan25
16-12-10, 22:07
It's not natural for men to wear makeup and dresses, it's more a "womanly" thing.

This, why is it a womanly thing?

It's a womanly thing to put a substance on your face to enhance your beauty?

It just seems so lame, like this world, the type of unwritten rules we develop or so annoying.

xXhayleyroxXx
16-12-10, 22:07
"Just so you know, if the king ever asks me to put on a dress and dance the Remigold, I'm drawing the line. Darkspawn or no" :whi:

Its because its very feminine. But hey, if a guy wants to go out in a floral dress and pink bonnet, let him. I've seen a few of them doing so in Whitby :p

larafan25
16-12-10, 22:09
"Just so you know, if the king ever asks me to put on a dress and dance the Remigold, I'm drawing the line. Darkspawn or no" :whi:

Its because its very feminine. But hey, if a guy wants to go out in a floral dress and pink bonnet, let him. I've seen a few of them doing so in Whitby :p

Why have these things become feminine though?

Are males just naturally drawn towards certain things and women the other?

I mean, action figures and dolls seem opposite each other, however makeup does not seem to have a male counterpart, it is just, making up your face. Sae with the types of clothes you wear, can there not be made a manly dress. I just don't get it.:/

Phlip
16-12-10, 22:11
With makeup, women tend to care more about their image than men, so when a man does it it's noticed.

Lee croft
I have nothing agianst anyone that chooses to do so ...one of my friends at college wears eyeliner and he is a guy. ^_^

TombOfRaiders
This, why is it a womanly thing?

It's a womanly thing to put a substance on your face to enhance your beauty?

It just seems so lame, like this world, the type of unwritten rules we develop or so annoying.

Interesting Question.

It's not as if Men and Woman's minds think alike. All women do it and it's like Lemmings, if one does something the other one follows. What I believe is that when a Woman "grows up" and notices that other people of their gender use makeup they tend to also use makeup, perhaps because they think they'll look strange and weird without makeup, unlike the rest.

xXhayleyroxXx

I mean, action figures and dolls seem opposite each other, however makeup does not seem to have a male counterpart, it is just, making up your face. Sae with the types of clothes you wear, can there not be made a manly dress. I just don't get it.:/

I don't really know to be honest. I mean, it used to be bad for women to wear pants. *shrugs*

Maybe dresses for men will come into fashion.

larafan25
16-12-10, 22:12
How did it all start though????

How did such things become gender specific?:/

trXD
16-12-10, 22:12
^ I don't know how you expect anyone to anwser that question, nobody knows.

This is kind of pointless thread to be honest, everyone knows it's just societies rules and it doesn't matter where they came from, it's just the way it is. I'm not saying it's right, and you have a valid point.

Spong
16-12-10, 22:13
http://i51.************/33mtyev.jpg

^^That's not normal.
I'm not levelling that accusation at every cross-dresser out there, just David Walliams & Matt Lucas.

matrix54
16-12-10, 22:14
Its Feminine because woman do it more than men, and until more men do it, it will remain feminine. And most men have no interest in wearing a dress, since they aren't really made for men. Make-up is a whatever scenario. I hate make-up in general since it hides the actual face and lies to the person looking at them.

You seem upset. Did someone get angry at you or someone you know for wearing or dress or something?

larafan25
16-12-10, 22:15

This is kind of pointless thread to be honest, everyone knows it's just societies rules and it doesn't matter where they came from, it's just the way it is. I'm not saying it's right, and you have a valid point.

It just boggles my kind, therefor I head to the Internet for an answer, LOL TRF for an answer.:pi:

Phlip
16-12-10, 22:15
How did it all start though????

How did such things become gender specific?:/
Back in the day, men and women wore separate types of clothes and it just stuck.

The point is to figure out, it's interesting. There's almost no such thing as a pointless thread.

TombRaiderLover
16-12-10, 22:17
I have nothing agianst anyone that chooses to do so ...one of my friends at college wears eyeliner and he is a guy. ^_^
I hope he doesn't refer to it as 'guyliner.' I want to throttle guys who do that, like they are trying desperately to hold on to their masculinity.

Rai
16-12-10, 22:17

It hasn't become feminine, it's traditionally so. It all goes back to neanderthal days or something :pi:

There were times when men wore wigs and makeup, but men are supposed to be all manly etc and women the ones who look pretty.

It's still fairly uncommon for a man to wear dresses and make-up. Women wear trousers and go without make-up, but if they look too masculine, then they can be criticised. Society has certain expectations as to how we should look. Maybe this will change in time, people are certainly more tolerant of less tradional gender stereotypes than before. A man dress huh? Interesting idea. Maybe you could design one.

Chocola teapot
16-12-10, 22:35
IMO, Dresses on a man just... don't seem to go.

But Make-up is another story.

oocladableeblah
16-12-10, 22:50
Where it all began? idk my guess is because in the past and just in society in general men are the hunters and woman are the nurturers. Men don't wear dresses because they need to look tough and woman don't need to. Dresses aren't very tough looking and I would imagine harder to run in than pants cause of all the excess material(?) (can any woman hear say whether this is true or not). And dresses are open thus making room for woman to give birth (talking before hospitals of today).
As generations moved on it just became the norm and now we all have to follow society since in human nature we want to fit in (yes there are always the people who defy standards).

That is just one big guess. The reason I am gonna say for today is purely society. Look at advertisements on tv, billboards, go to a clothing store. There are no men wearing dresses, we don't see it pretty much ever, so therefore it is strange.

As for makeup. Men don't really care about how they look as much :p I honestly don't know, I am gonna say society as well. It just has a huge impact on us.

Dark Lugia 2
16-12-10, 22:53
People find it strange because dresses are made for women. :p Makeup is a different thing though, actors wear it lightly and I'm sure lots of other people do. When men start wearing colourful makeup people may stop and have a look because again, thats something aimed at women.

Not my opinion btw. I dont care what a person does

Avalon SARL
16-12-10, 23:01
Because men are men and Women are Women.

Why would ever men want to look like women :confused:

Paddy
16-12-10, 23:02

Ask people that who go for sex changes :p

Changeling
16-12-10, 23:23

See, this is what I have a problem with. Sex and gender shouldn't really matter (when it comes to this sort of thing anyway) in my opinion.

the_legend
16-12-10, 23:28
See, this is what I have a problem with. Sex and gender shouldn't really matter (when it comes to this sort of thing anyway) in my opinion.

youre right:).

larafan25
16-12-10, 23:29

That has nothing to do with anything.

It's not like people popped onto this plant, a man in a suite thinking a specific way, a women in a dress thinking a specific way.

Lee croft
16-12-10, 23:30
I hope he doesn't refer to it as 'guyliner.' I want to throttle guys who do that, like they are trying desperately to hold on to their masculinity.

No he does not call it that :p

Underworld2008
16-12-10, 23:45

I am studying Gender psychology at the moment. I think this is mainly about how someone is brought up (what is normal to them etc.), and sometimes genetic factors. Gender identity Disorder is when a person of a certain gender/sex doesn't feel suitable in his or hers body. It is seen as a disorder because its not normal, and its all in the mind. Normally its a couple of reason tied together result in GID, wanting to dress up as someone from the other sex is one "symptom" (but not strong enough to say "OMG THAT GUY WANTS TO BE A GIRL.")

Its silly how people think "it's a medical condition which can be cured"...I guess it can help a state of mind by having a sex change, but its still so ANNOYING when someone judges others on how they feel when something isn't even their fault. I wish people would be more sensitive to subjects like this, but each to their own.

Anyway, society accepts girls who dress up in men clothes (for example tom boys) but it isn't so lucky for men who dress up as girls. Properly because its seen as men should be masculine.

Melonie Tomb Raider
16-12-10, 23:50

This summed it up well.

It's just different, and not really normal in society. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it's abnormal.

Probably won't seem so "weird" a couple decades down the road, but for now it kind of is. I say as long as people aren't wearing offensive clothing, they should be allowed to wear whatever they want without being judged for it.

trlestew
17-12-10, 00:06
I'm scared to share my opinion on the topic.

Paddy
17-12-10, 00:07
I am studying Gender psychology at the moment. I think this is mainly about how someone is brought up (what is normal to them etc.), and sometimes genetic factors. Gender identity Disorder is when a person of a certain gender/sex doesn't feel suitable in his or hers body. It is seen as a disorder because its not normal, and its all in the mind. Normally its a couple of reason tied together result in GID, wanting to dress up as someone from the other sex is one "symptom" (but not strong enough to say "OMG THAT GUY WANTS TO BE A GIRL.")

Its silly how people think it can be cured...I guess it can by having a sex change, but its still so ANNOYING when someone judges others on how they feel when something isn't even their fault. I wish people would be more sensitive to subjects like this, but each to their own.

Anyway, society accepts girls who dress up in men clothes (for example tom boys) but it isn't so lucky for men who dress up as girls. Properly because its seen as men should be masculine.

Its implied its a disease when they say it can be cured which I dont thinks right or fair.

larafan25
17-12-10, 00:10
^I thought a disease was something which couldn't be cured, therefor it would be an infection.:pi:

Which it obviously isn't. Well...what are we even refering to? People who wear the clothing designed for the opposite gender?:)

Paddy
17-12-10, 00:12
^I thought a disease was something which couldn't be cured, therefor it would be an infection.:pi:

Which it obviously isn't. Well...what are we even refering to? People who wear the clothing designed for the opposite gender?:)

If it cannot be cured then thats what my point was lol
Its not a disease either.

larafan25
17-12-10, 00:13
^Ya, I get it.:)

digitizedboy
17-12-10, 00:13
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7d/Quarantine_%28Red_Dwarf%29.jpg/250px-Quarantine_%28Red_Dwarf%29.jpg

I'd like to hear Mr Fibble's opinion on the subject.

Nick278
17-12-10, 00:16
I don't think it's strange if it's a cultural thing, but it is a little out of the ordinary to do it on your own. Who knows, maybe in the future the men wearing dresses will be the new style!

Underworld2008
17-12-10, 00:17
Its implied its a disease when they say it can be cured which I dont thinks right or fair.

exactly.

Sorry if my point there came across as me saying "they think this disease can be cured", in no way did i mean that, I meant to put it as its silly how people think of it like a disease sorry.

Paddy
17-12-10, 00:17
@ nick ^^ Which is why Im glad I dont follow trends and styles, I dont believe in doing something just because everyone else is, **** that.

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-12-10, 01:18
I'm scared to share my opinion on the topic.

You should never be scared to share what you believe in, no matter if we disagree or not. As long as you are respectful, that's what matters. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
17-12-10, 01:25
^^^ :tmb:

I personally don't see a thing wrong with it, but its out of normality. I prefer my men masculine :p Adam Lambert cross-dresses and I find him hot, however.

trlestew
17-12-10, 01:29
Alright then...

I honestly (imo, me, not generalizing for anyone else) find it disgusting when I see a man in a dress (unless it's a cultural or religious thing) For example, a man walking in pink spandex and wearing so much makeup to the point they look like a clown. It just doesn't look right to me. I'm not telling anyone their business, but I don't think men should wear make-up and dresses.
Around where I'm from (And just about the whole world) men wearing dresses and/or make-up is associated with being gay, or a transsexual. Now, I know what you all are about to say. Let me just give a disclaimer.

NO I DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST HOMO-SEXUALS
(Accidentally pressed the "post" button")
Putting it in caps for emphasis, not yelling.

It actually disturbs me to see that. You were born a man, so be one. Don't try to be something you weren't.

That's all from me. I think.

trXD
17-12-10, 01:41
Well, I find it disgusting to see a man in a dress too, in the usual sense of "ew, that looks minguin". I think most people feel that way, but I don't let that affect my belief that people are allowed to do whatever they want if it makes them feel good and doesn't harm others, if someone doesn't like it then that is their problem, I am totally supportive of transexuals.

As for "Don't try to be someone else", transexuals often have always felt like they are the opposite sex, and so a sex-change is their chance to finally be themselves, a body is only physical, you are allowed to pick and choose with it if you wish.

trlestew
17-12-10, 01:48
I didn't say that they couldn't.

trXD
17-12-10, 01:50
I didn't say that they couldn't.

Though you said "Don't try to be someone your not".

I'd like to know, do you actually think it is morally wrong, or does it simply creep you out enough for you to object to it?

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-12-10, 01:53
Alright then...

I honestly (imo, me, not generalizing for anyone else) find it disgusting when I see a man in a dress (unless it's a cultural or religious thing) For example, a man walking in pink spandex and wearing so much makeup to the point they look like a clown. It just doesn't look right to me. I'm not telling anyone their business, but I don't think men should wear make-up and dresses.
Around where I'm from (And just about the whole world) men wearing dresses and/or make-up is associated with being gay, or a transsexual. Now, I know what you all are about to say. Let me just give a disclaimer.

It actually disturbs me to see that. You were born a man, so be one. Don't try to be something you weren't.

That actually took a lot of gutts to say, and I have to give you some major props for that.

I used to feel 100% that way as well, until I made friends with transgendered and homosexuals. I still find it an abnormal thing to do, but not everyone is alike and all have different lifestyles and experiences that brought them to that, which is why I feel it's not my place to judge them.

Having that said, I'm not in agreement with it personally, but I won't judge people who do it. I respect them anyway.

Not to say you don't, because I'm sure you do as well. :)

patriots88888
17-12-10, 01:57
I knew this was going to be more than simply a 'thought provoking thread'.

As for the OP, one word comes to mind... IMAGE! Image is everything to most, that is, how one wishes to be viewed by others and how they go about projecting that. I couldn't imagine someone like Clint Eastwood strolling into town on his high horse in a full sequined dress, could you?

KIKO
17-12-10, 02:05
In my opinion, in the past there were lots of things made for men and things made for women. Back when the woman had less rights and they were fighting for them, things were created to support this "power". Even today, there are a lot more types of outfits for women than for men, same goes to hairstyle.

But you see nowadays women wear pants, men have long hair. My point is that it's in today's people's power to change whatever is left to :tmb:

larafan25
17-12-10, 02:06
Alright then...

So here we are.

A man is....

Pants
suits
a certain selection of colors

Judging by this, I'd rather be a women.

In this world and the human race, the quality of life should be equally awesome as a male or female with us being able to do the same thing and not have any problems.

edit: It also seems as though you may fear this, the way you describe, which, not trying to diagnose you are be rude, could be on the verge of homophobia.

It's not bad the feel awkward around something, for example when we move to another country we get culture shock.

First you talk about men in dresses, then you look at pictures, then you see a real man walking down the street in a dress, and then you have a conversation with one, and sooner than later it's nothing to you.

^Over coming fears of anything.:)

trlestew
17-12-10, 02:10
I don't classify myself as homophobic since I have gay/lesbian friends and family members :| Nor do I mock them.

larafan25
17-12-10, 02:11
I don't classify myself as homophobic since I have gay/lesbian friends and family members :| Nor do I mock them.

Well then I guess you don't.

Do you fear men in dresses?:)

BTW fear is a strange term, there is a fear of holes, basically gross weird looking holes, so it doesn't need to be fear.

ajrich17901
17-12-10, 02:12
Alright then...

Major kudos for saying exactly what was on your mind:tmb:
Pretty much sums up how I feel on the topic also.

trlestew
17-12-10, 02:13
I don't fear it, no :p

I just don't find it...right for lack of any better word.

Love2Raid
17-12-10, 02:14
Meh, women wear suits too, they are just tailored in a different way.

If a guy wants to wear a dress and make-up, I would say go right ahead. Whatever makes you happy.

The problem is that a lot of people will not take you seriously.

larafan25
17-12-10, 02:16
I don't fear it, no :p

I just don't find it...right for lack of any better word.

I'm trying to relate by thinking of something I don't find right. By right you mean it doesn't fit, and as much as that is your opinion, it's almost fact, or is fact.

It doesn't fit to see a man wearing a dress or makeup due to the society we live in, almost the entire world. Most places you go there is a Barbie & Ken gender role, it's especially lame when all of it's based off of physical things such as what clothes you wear.

Aphrodite22
17-12-10, 02:18
I dont mind. I just thinks its funny :D

cezy rockeru
17-12-10, 07:22
2 years ago in the camp some guys from my school went to the girl's room and asked them to dress them up like some girls.Next hour they were wearing bras and skirts and tons of make-up and were making photos:vlol:

Simochka
17-12-10, 09:36
I'm a guy and I wear tons and tons of make up and I like it. If someone doesn't like it then **** them. :)

Alright then...

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/World+Premiere+Touchstone+Step+Up+2+Streets+Zz_2fF vNx5wl.jpg

Look at him and be jealous of his beauty.

I know it's your opinion but calling people disgusting just because they break the norm? Stupid idiot

tampi
17-12-10, 11:33
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9824/statlerandwaldorfpimps.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/i/statlerandwaldorfpimps.jpg/)

cezy rockeru
17-12-10, 11:34
sexy

Lee croft
17-12-10, 12:19

Just because a guy is wearing a dress does not not mean he is trying to be a woman ...it means he is trying to be a guy in a dress.

He does what is comfortable for him.

I would say it is more likely that a man wearing a dress is trying to be nothing but him self other then trying to be anyone else.

larafan25
17-12-10, 12:36
I'm a guy and I wear tons and tons of make up and I like it. If someone doesn't like it then **** them. :)

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/World+Premiere+Touchstone+Step+Up+2+Streets+Zz_2fF vNx5wl.jpg

I know it's your opinion but calling people disgusting just because they break the norm? Stupid idiot

That picture actually looks sooooo right.:)

interstellardave
17-12-10, 12:43
This topic might be a bit misleading, IMO. Are we talking about men who just want to wear womens clothes as an expansion of their clothing options (like women who wear pants all the time now but didn't back at the turn of the 20th century when it was wholly inappropriate); or men who are intending to emulate women (that's where the makeup and everything else comes into play, I think). If men wish to emulate women then I daresay they shouldn't complain if people don't treat them as men.

Women can wear pretty much anything and still be treated as women... men, not so much. I do find that unfair, but it is reality for now. Putting aside makeup--which clouds this issue, I think, by adding another layer of separation from "the norm"--I would say that a man in a dress should still be treated as a man. Maybe he finds it comfortable and practical? But he is a man on the cutting edge of a societal change that may or may not ever come! His choice may never be fully accepted by others.

Shaman
17-12-10, 13:01
It is called "MetroSexual". :ohn:

Dennis's Mom
17-12-10, 13:06
If one looks at it from a cultural context, why would a man WANT to dress as a woman as a matter of course? (This I consider separate from dressing as a women as part of show- biz or sexual/emotional desires.)

I mean, women have "taken power" back for themselves slowly over the last century. Dress has been a HUGE part of that, from losing the corset, long skirts to finally being able to wear pants.

However, the reverse---dressing as a woman, means losing power through dress. Women are perceived as weaker, more fragile, and less intelligent. Therefore "trading down" seems unusual and worthy of comment.

I doubt we'll ever see dresses catch on as a fashion alternative for men. Fashion is usually a combination of cultural influence, beauty and tailoring ability.

Lara's Nemesis
17-12-10, 13:10
You used to get quite a few bands doing it for the shock value 30/40 years ago.

New York Dolls were dressing like that in the early 70's. They were a pretty badass rock n' roll band as well. :D

http://i55.************/dbktv5.jpg

Pietras
17-12-10, 13:13
It's just a cultural thing obviously

trlestew
17-12-10, 13:58

Thanks for calling me an idiot even though I was calmly and respectfully stating my opinion. :rolleyes:

Goddammit you and so many others on here are the reason why I don't share opinions. No one could just shut the hell up and accept that that is their opinion. Disagreeing is fine, I almost want many people to disagree, but insulting me...it ****es me off.

larafan25
17-12-10, 14:01
Thanks for calling me an idiot even though I was calmly and respectfully stating my opinion. :rolleyes:

Goddammit you and so many others on here are the reason why I don't share opinions. No one could just shut the hell up and accept that that is their opinion. Disagreeing is fine, I almost want many people to disagree, but insulting me...it ****es me off.

Opinions are fine however....

Calling something disgusting just because it's different, it's a feeling you want to get out of, truly.

What if I went to America and had never seen someone from another country or of another Nationality before and I see a diverse community and say it's disgusting to see these other people here? I'd get deserving flack.

That's a person too.

trlestew
17-12-10, 14:07
Nevermind. I'm done.

Feel free to continue dsicussion.

I'll just leave.

Simochka
17-12-10, 14:07

Calling millions of men disgusting is NOT and opinion. It's an insult. And I found that VERY offensive cause according to you I'm disgusting.

My opinion is that you are an idiot and it isn't even close to be as insulting as yours.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-12-10, 14:11
Nevermind. I'm done.

Feel free to continue dsicussion.

I'll just leave.

Its just a select few which are picking on you -- most of us actually want to know how you feel/think. I really respect you for stating your opinion. I always get leapt on for my opinions :)

lita212
17-12-10, 14:18

actually thats todays society.
it was men who first wore makeup before women. and it was men who played women in the theatre.

Larson_1988
17-12-10, 14:20
I crossdressed once, even though i'm gay i realized that it wasn't my style at all. So it's boiling down to personal preferences me thinks. :)

larafan25
17-12-10, 14:23
If men could only wear boxers I'd start a revolution.

jackali
17-12-10, 14:36
and it was men who played women in the theatre.

I'm assuming you're talking about Ancient Greece and Rome here, since that's the earliest example of it which comes to my mind.

That's only because women had such a restricted role in society that they weren't allowed to act as a profession. Furthermore, actors often weren't highly thought of in society, and were often classed as not real men, as they were too feminine, wearing women's clothing etc. Their actual talents were, on occasion, disregarded because of having been an actor. For example, there are cases where actors became public speakers (similar skills were employed in both) and they weren't even listened to because they had previously been actors. Then again, I could also cite an example of an actor turned orator who commanded such presence that he was listened to by the juries in law courts being conducted nearby, rather than their own speakers.

ultima espio
17-12-10, 14:51
If men could only wear boxers I'd start a revolution.

A few people around here do that anyway...:o

Goose
17-12-10, 14:51
Its all about location, if your bought up in Texas you'll hold different views to someone born in bangkok on cross dressers, thats for sure.

But then again, im sure my girlfriend could convince a person with heavy right wing texas values to hit on a man if she took them to thailand.

tomblover
17-12-10, 15:29
I crossdressed once (dress, makeup, wig... the whole kit. it was for a dress-up :p) and I felt comfortable in it, just as I would've felt wearing any other clothing.
I should add that I feel fairly ambigous about my gender, BTW. Maybe it's just a matter of rebellion, but I only see myself as a male from a biological perspective. Otherwise, I'm just me. You are your own gender, somehow. :p

I don't see clothing as something that defines your gender, anyway. Just look at those who wear kilts. :p

larafan25
17-12-10, 15:30
^Clothing shouldn't define gender.

I fell down the stairs in a dress as a kid, thus I find them impractical.:/

moodydog
17-12-10, 15:34
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/Man_In_A_Dress.jpg

Ikas90
17-12-10, 15:37
Because it's out of the social norms. It's only strange, because society makes it strange. Remove society, and the type of clothes you wear become meaningless.

Sharon_14
17-12-10, 15:43
people react to it like they do because its not something that society accepts.

we're almost in 2011 so people shouldn't be surprised if they see men in dresses, but they will be surprised regardless as they're probably just not used to it, that's all. :p

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 16:04
Alright then...

That's ridiculous. I've dolled up in makeup, hair, women's clothing. I have in no way, shape, or form tried to be one, though. Personally? I thought it was fun. And not to mention, I looked damn good doing it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/Tranny%20Nights/trannyfierce.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/Tranny%20Nights/tranny4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/10937_200857014777_501649777_405061.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/10418_156029429777_501649777_3630261_4551180_n-1.jpg

Even after all of that, I still have no desire to be a woman. I think you're just one of those close minded people trying to convince yourself that your intolerance is anything but. In lamens terms, we call that a hypocrite. :wve:

And by the way, it's called a transvestite, not a transsexual. The latter indicates an operation to alter ones genitalia. At least be able to get your points right before you go about finding them disgusting.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-12-10, 16:12
Jacob you make such a hot girl :vlol:

Alive_and_Funky
17-12-10, 16:13
Wearing leggings feels so good.

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 16:17

I sometimes wonder if my looks wouldn't be put to better use being a girl (despite having no desire to actually be one.) :vlol:

Wearing leggings feels so good.

OMG! I know! I go jogging in a pair underneath some shorts. I freakin' LOVE 'EM!

(Plus they cut down on the "jiggle" factor whilst I'm bouncing about. :pi: )

xXhayleyroxXx
17-12-10, 16:21
I sometimes wonder if my looks wouldn't be put to better use being a girl (despite having no desire to actually be one.) :vlol:

Well I think you look handsome both ways :p

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 16:24
Well I think you look handsome both ways :p
Great. I'm a handsome woman?! :vlol:
I have an ubermasculine aunt (who is a lesbian of the highest order) and we always joke that she's handsome.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-12-10, 16:31
Great. I'm a handsome woman?! :vlol:
I have an ubermasculine aunt (who is a lesbian of the highest order) and we always joke that she's handsome.

Fine, pretty :vlol:

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 16:32
Although, to your argument I say. . . I was rather flat chested. :vlol:

Edit: And you'd have to see me in person to really realize it, but I have absolutely ENORMOUS hands.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-12-10, 16:37
Although, to your argument I say. . . I was rather flat chested. :vlol:

Edit: And you'd have to see me in person to really realize it, but I have absolutely ENORMOUS hands.

Well either way you make a really convincing girl. I just showed my sis your picture and she was like 'aww she's pretty, who is she?' :vlol:

And I LOVE big hands haha

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-12-10, 16:38

Hot dang, I second this :eek:

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 16:39
Epic. <3 Good to know I could slide under the radar convincingly if ever I needed to :pi:

It's this figure, besides the obvious places, I'm shaped just. Like. A girl.

Hot dang, I second this :eek:

Thanks!

larafan25
17-12-10, 16:41
That's ridiculous. I've dolled up in makeup, hair, women's clothing. I have in no way, shape, or form tried to be one, though. Personally? I thought it was fun. And not to mention, I looked damn good doing it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/Tranny%20Nights/trannyfierce.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/Tranny%20Nights/tranny4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/10937_200857014777_501649777_405061.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/10418_156029429777_501649777_3630261_4551180_n-1.jpg

Even after all of that, I still have no desire to be a woman. I think you're just one of those close minded people trying to convince yourself that your intolerance is anything but. In lamens terms, we call that a hypocrite. :wve:

And by the way, it's called a transvestite, not a transsexual. The latter indicates an operation to alter ones genitalia. At least be able to get your points right before you go about finding them disgusting.

Holy crap your beautiful! o.O

robbie_rawr
17-12-10, 16:41
Lol this seems to of turned into the "is Jacob a good girl thread". XD :tea::jmp:

Squibbly
17-12-10, 16:46
To each their own. No one can fairly judge.

Edit:

DAMN, Jacob! :eek:

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 16:48
I guess the way I see it is unless you, personally, are having issues with the way YOU look in a dress (and you're a man), why should it matter to you? Don't like men in dresses? Don't look at them! They're not like brunettes, for ****'s sake. They're not every 4/5
people on the street. :rolleyes:

Lol this seems to of turned into the "is Jacob a good girl thread". XD :tea::jmp:

I was rather hoping for this effect. Because to the person I quoted, I doubt he'd have even known those pictures were not of a woman had he not been told. Which means he's making a sweeping generalization when in reality, he's just being narrow minded and hypocritical.

cezy rockeru
17-12-10, 16:51

I'm sorry but the only one who's stupid is you.
Just because someone has an opinion you can't make him an idiot.
Mind how you express yourself! The sentence I removed was uncalled for.

Underworld2008
17-12-10, 17:00
*looks at Jacob as a girl...becomes sexually confused* You look HAWT.

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 17:01
Thanks. And that's the point I'm getting at to my quoted poster. Don't be so thoroughly disgusted when you might have been checking out dudes the whole time. ;) But my point even more so is that the only thing that defines us as either male or female are our naked bodies. Girls weren't born with heels and mascara on. . . Society has defined the rest. And I think in this day and age, it should be we who decide who we are and what we wear, NOT some preconceived medieval mindset.

Catapharact
17-12-10, 17:18
I'll be honest... I can't fathom ANY guy looking good in a dress one way or another (no offense to our regional forum drag queens.)

IMO a human body works well with clothes that capture its natural ambiance. Dresses look good on someone with a lot of curves and there aren't many guys out there (who are in shape anyway :p) that have NICE looking curves. A man's strong form is usually projected best by strong and sophisticated attire and that is where suits come in.

I personally don't see why any guy would want to give up a nice looking suit for a dress. I just... can't. Suits are amazing.

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 17:24
Regional Forum Dragqueens! :vlol:

And I look positively TERRIBLY in a suit. I'm just shaped in all the wrong ways. Narrow waist, wide hips. Narrow shoulders, slender arms. It's just all wrong.

ShadyCroft
17-12-10, 17:44
Its obviously the way some notions got formed throughout the years. If you bring a child and raised him up with the idea that a man dressing in woman's clothing is fine as much as a woman dressing in man's clothing is fine, he/she would grow up fine with the idea.
Same way, if you raise a child with the opposite idea as the norm, he/she will grow up with it as the norm. He may even be hostile towards anything out of it.

Personally, I do not like a man dressing up as a woman, because, well, he is a man. When I look at him, I want to see the features and appearance of a traditional man.

However, I wouldnt judge anyone. I know a few people in my school who used to wear make up and were picked on. I was fine with it, eventhough it isnt sth I'd do or fancy.

larafan25
17-12-10, 17:46
^A traditional man can be found standing nude front and back in a science textbook.

ShadyCroft
17-12-10, 17:48
^:vlol: dont I wish for that

true...what's traditional differs from one person to another. What I meant to say obviously "whats traditional for me"...well, you could say, a typical next door kinda guy. Handsome face, jeans, t-shirt, shoes, etc

larafan25
17-12-10, 17:52
^:vlol: dont I wish for that

true...what's traditional differs from one person to another. What I meant to say obviously "whats traditional for me"...well, you could say, a typical next door kinda guy. Handsome face, jeans, t-shirt, shoes, etc

I think I was mistaken, didn't I read somewhere that he should be wearing a suit? Or does he have a wardrobe? Is that alright though? Too many outfits may be considered too feminine.:/

It seems to me that what we perceive as traditional, or what we are used to and base everybody after is a very thin layer of ice which is cold and we may fall through at any time.

ShadyCroft
17-12-10, 17:57
^simply put, and thats my opinion. Whatever floats someone's boat, and I'm known for defending some of the most picked on guys (for being feminine or wearing makeup) in school and university. I dont judge a man dressing as a woman, but I wont deny I dont fancy it and I prefer if he was wearing jeans and NIKE shoes (its what I prefer, what my eyes prefers and feels relaxes to), but I wont call them names or go to them with pitchforks and torches.

As for suits, I didnt say that. Actually, I hate suits, and if I can get away from wearing a suit then fine. I only wear a suit at occasions.

larafan25
17-12-10, 17:59
^simply put, and thats my opinion. Whatever floats someone's boat, and I'm known for defending some of the most picked on guys (for being feminine or wearing makeup) in school and university. I dont judge a man dressing as a woman, but I wont deny I dont fancy it and I prefer if he was wearing jeans and NIKE shoes (its what I prefer, what my eyes prefers and feels relaxes to), but I wont call them names or go to them with pitchforks and torches.

As for suits, I didnt say that. Actually, I hate suits, and if I can get away from wearing a suit then fine. I only wear a suit at occasions.

You don't like to wear suits, for these occasions can you not find an alternative? Maybe a nice sweater vest or something?:)

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 18:02
Some of the best looking friends I have are cross dressers. . . And they're SUCH good people. I just don't know how to not be okay with it.

If you google "Izzy Hilton", he's on of my best friends who just moved here from California. I think he might be the prettiest feminine looking person I know. Sure, he's a gender bender, but he looks gorgeous and he's a sweet heart.

ShadyCroft
17-12-10, 18:02
^^I sure can, but then again, its traditon. A large percentage of men attending a wedding would be weraring a suit. Would you wear a pink shirt and pants to a funeral ? Its tradition (yes, once again, back to these notions formed over years...why suits in funeral ? why suits at weddings ? why not red ? why black?)
Its no big deal for me...its just for a few hours anyways.

Catapharact
17-12-10, 18:07
Regional Forum Dragqueens! :vlol:

And I look positively TERRIBLY in a suit. I'm just shaped in all the wrong ways. Narrow waist, wide hips. Narrow shoulders, slender arms. It's just all wrong.

Actually you look quite a lot like Derek Hough IMO and he seems to pull off wearing a suit really well.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00LY0na2En9HV/340x.jpg

ShadyCroft
17-12-10, 18:11
Wait! Is that a pic from Dancing with the Stars ?

Cat...something you wanna share with us ? :p

Catapharact
17-12-10, 18:15
Wait! Is that a pic from Dancing with the Stars ?

Cat...something you wanna share with us ? :p

Offtopic:

I had to sit through two back to back episodes of this show... It was terrible but it does drills itself into your head.

And offcourse, this is this reason :p.

EDIT: Me removing pic now.

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 18:19
Actually you look quite a lot like Derek Hough IMO and he seems to pull off wearing a suit really well.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00LY0na2En9HV/340x.jpg

Why do people always compare me to hideous celebrities? :(

He's got a much more masculine figure than I, though. He's broad whereas I am not at all.

Catapharact
17-12-10, 18:24

He's got a much more masculine figure than I, though. He's broad whereas I am not at all.

I don't like doing that to people... But I just can't find a better way to make comparisons without sounding like a Shakespearian era pervert :p.

And while I don't want to discourage you from wearing dresses, I do want to point out that tailoring makes all the difference. Check these guys out. They are as fem as they get Lol!

http://musicremedy.com/webfiles/artists/CinemaBizarre/CinemaBizarre-02-big.jpg

larafan25
17-12-10, 18:24

You look like a cross between Kristen Stewart, Avril Lavigne, and Alanis Morissette.

It's good.:tmb:

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 18:27
I always thought a mix between Charlize Theron and Amy Adams. And to Cat. . . they don't look tailored. As someone who knows how to sew and alter clothing, they look like they're just wearing smaller sized clothing from my perspective. None of their garments flow as if to be custom fit. I think they look terrible in what they're wearing.

trlestew
17-12-10, 18:28

I'm going to try my best and respond in a calm/ \non attacking manner.

Maybe people are misinterpreting what I say. First, how am I close minded and a hypocrite? By expressing my views? I'm not stating anything as fact, not at all. Never have I stated that you, or any other cross dresser wants to be a woman. That statement you bolded is easily misinterperted. And I still find it disgusting. Let me clarify what I mean by that; I find the look "awkward, or weird, or even disgraceful in some cases." Not the person. I don't judge anyone, nor am I calling them lesser than human or whatever you think I'm "degrading them" as. I'm not. You could also be a bit less rude when correcting my terms. Thanks for filling me in on the difference. I apologize for all those that took it as an insult.

Now. If anyone wants to attack me, and not respond in a calmly manner, please, I have a lot of room in my ignore list. As I stated earlier, feel free to disagree, but don't insult me.

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 18:37
It was your comment of "Don't try to be something you're not" that rustled me wrong, especially. I think it's men in the dresses not trying to something their not. They're simply being themselves. You're clearly working off of some bygone level of tolerance to such things. And then to wrap it up by saying things like you don't discriminate against homosexuals and the follow up with how disturbing it is to you too see a man in a dress with makeup on having added further that the cross-dressing is usually associated with homosexuality. Sounds a lot like you're trying to be the wolf in sheep's clothing, to me. I know you'd like to have it both ways, but from what you describe. . . you're only trying to convince yourself that your opinions aren't really as offensive as they actually are. *shrugs*

And for the record, my previous attack was in absolutely no way, shape, or form an attack. Like this, it's a dissection of your post and further interpretation. When I begin attacking you, you'll know it.

trlestew
17-12-10, 18:40
Elaborate.

I'm not trying to offend people on purpose.
That wasn't my goal.

It seems my argument is different form everyone else, and that leads to massive dispute.

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 18:43
No, I just wish your argument had any cohesiveness to it. One one hand you "have nothing against homosexuals" and on the other, you're associating men in dresses, as the thread describes, primarily with homosexuals, yet the cross dressers you do have something that bothers you about. It just doesn't make any sense, if you can see what I'm saying.

trXD
17-12-10, 18:49
I'm going to try my best and respond in a calm/ \non attacking manner.

Maybe people are misinterpreting what I say. First, how am I close minded and a hypocrite? By expressing my views? I'm not stating anything as fact, not at all. Never have I stated that you, or any other cross dresser wants to be a woman. That statement you bolded is easily misinterperted. And I still find it disgusting. Let me clarify what I mean by that; I find the look "awkward, or weird, or even disgraceful in some cases." Not the person. I don't judge anyone, nor am I calling them lesser than human or whatever you think I'm "degrading them" as. I'm not. You could also be a bit less rude when correcting my terms. Thanks for filling me in on the difference. I apologize for all those that took it as an insult.

Now. If anyone wants to attack me, and not respond in a calmly manner, please, I have a lot of room in my ignore list. As I stated earlier, feel free to disagree, but don't insult me.

I guess we are pretty much on the same page then :)

I also find crossdressers "disgusting" in the visual sense (I will make an exception for Jacob though, he looked pretty amazing XD), but respect them for who they are and totally support them, if a man isn't afraid to dress like a woman and that is what he wants to do then good for him!

larafan25
17-12-10, 18:50
Something I have heard a lot of this year is what seems to be the difference between beliefs and actions.

I wouldn't ever pick on someone for wearing a dress, however it disgusts me, or maybe I don't bully gay people however I don't think it's right to be gay.

To me, it's fail.

Don't be racist, but if your sexist, well...ok.

It's so half assed and contradictory. If you don't have the guts to take action on your beliefs and opinions then at least don't lie about them.

That is something I find annoying and have found a lot of this year, it's frustrating and somehow relates to this thread, therefor I just thought I'd add it.

I was once grossed out by spiders, visually they were disgusting, therefor I killed them due to me gross feeling and fear, I got over that.

Shark_Blade
17-12-10, 18:53
9WZGyzz5O-U

You get the picture.

trXD
17-12-10, 18:53
Something I have heard a lot of this year is what seems to be the difference between beliefs and actions.

I wouldn't ever pick on someone for wearing a dress, however it disgusts me, or maybe I don't bully gay people however I don't think it's right to be gay.

To me, it's fail.

It's so half assed and contradictory. If you don't have the guts to take action on your beliefs and opinions then at least don't lie about them.

That is something I find annoying and have found a lot of this year, it's frustrating and somehow relates to this thread, therefor I just thought I'd add it.
I assume you were at least partly refering to me. I find crossdressing "disgusting" in the same way people find, I dunno, fungus, disgusting looking, because in my personal subjective opinion, it looks gross (most of the time). But I completely respect them and support them as people, because I don't let it cloud my judgement.

I'd like you to point out where in my head am I contradicting myself.

Catapharact
17-12-10, 18:56

To me, it's fail.

I was once grossed out by spiders, visually they were disgusting, therefor I killed them due to me gross feeling and fear, I got over that.

You are contradicting yourself... Unless offcourse there is now some unrelated connection between sexual identity and dresses.

I know plenty of gay people (Shady just happens to be the one on this forum) who prefer men to be MEN and look like the norm defined aspect of what a man is. It relates to projecting power and sophistication through simplicity and elegance and that is why they think that a guy dressing up as a woman is simply giving up that thorned position of hierarchy. They like their guys to be guys and everything that related to being a guy.

With all this talk of acceptance, you don't seem to consider the fact that there are people out there who will not like the idea of wearing dresses not because of prejudice but plain simple taste.

larafan25
17-12-10, 18:56
^I was not putting cross dressing and homosexuality together at all.

I assume you were at least partly refering to me. I find crossdressing "disgusting" in the same way people find, I dunno, fungus, disgusting looking, because in my personal subjective opinion, it looks gross (most of the time). But I completely respect them and support them as people, because I don't let it cloud my judgement.

I'd like you to point out where in my head am I contradicting myself.

That post was not at all directed at you. Hardly directed at any one on this forum, simply inspired by.

I pressed the submit button and then your post popped up above mine.

trXD
17-12-10, 18:59
^I was not putting cross dressing and homosexuality together at all.

That post was not at all directed at you. Hardly directed at any one on this forum, simply inspired by.

I pressed the submit button and then your post popped up above mine.

Even so, my type of opinion seemed to be exactly what you were talking about.

ShadyCroft
17-12-10, 18:59
Hmm, relating cross-dressing to homosexuality is pretty silly. :o am gay and I dont wear women's clothes or makeup, and there are a lot of guys like I am.

But yes, there are gay guys who cross dress and all, but still, associating the two I cannot comprehend.

patriots88888
17-12-10, 19:00

In the almost 3 years I have been a member of this forum I have found that no matter how much you think you might, you are not going to change anyone's respective views or opinions which also coincidentally relates to this thread. I can't think of any better way of putting it than the old standby, Agree to disagree.

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 19:00
Hmm, relating cross-dressing to homosexuality is pretty silly. :o am gay and I dont wear women's clothes or makeup, and there are a lot of guys like I am.

But yes, there are gay guys who cross dress and all, but still, associating the two I cannot comprehend.
And on the same hand, I know straight guys who cross dress. It's an action for some, but not a lifestyle for all.

interstellardave
17-12-10, 19:03
I've heard that most cross dressers are straight. Cross dressing often serves an emotional need for them, rather than any kind of sexual need.

larafan25
17-12-10, 19:04
Even so, my type of opinion seemed to be exactly what you were talking about.

Ok, well than clearly you are living proof that one can be respectful of another man's dress wearing habits without needing to output your opinion through negative actions.

Do you think being disgusted (the word seems to have lost it's harshness) by a man wearing a dress could change?

It seems to boil down to a very shallow thing. (I did not call you shallow BTW, just clarifying).

For example, a gay guy may be grossed out by a Vagina (Not generalizing, not connecting homosexuality with cross dressing). However that "fear" can be extinguished and the person can learn to be comfortable with seeing a vagina or even being around an exposed one (poor choice to use vagina as an example, it was just on my mind I guess).

ShadyCroft
17-12-10, 19:13
And on the same hand, I know straight guys who cross dress. It's an action for some, but not a lifestyle for all.

I'm certain there are :), but seeing as I dont know anyone here for sure, I didnt mention...but yes, am sure there are straight guys who cross dress.

silver_wolf
17-12-10, 19:39
Nope. Do not want.

JACOBryanBURNS
17-12-10, 19:55
I've heard that most cross dressers are straight. Cross dressing often serves an emotional need for them, rather than any kind of sexual need.

I could definitely see that being the case.

trXD
17-12-10, 20:07
Ok, well than clearly you are living proof that one can be respectful of another man's dress wearing habits without needing to output your opinion through negative actions.

Do you think being disgusted (the word seems to have lost it's harshness) by a man wearing a dress could change?

It seems to boil down to a very shallow thing. (I did not call you shallow BTW, just clarifying).

For example, a gay guy may be grossed out by a Vagina (Not generalizing, not connecting homosexuality with cross dressing). However that "fear" can be extinguished and the person can learn to be comfortable with seeing a vagina or even being around an exposed one (poor choice to use vagina as an example, it was just on my mind I guess).

Fear? That is something else entirely, I can see what you mean though.

It's just my taste, men in dresses look weird and pretty much minguin, but yeah like you said I have no disrepsect for them. I don't have any fear or discomfort to be extinguished.

Rai
17-12-10, 20:15

I/QUOTE]

Why do men who wear 'women's' clothing feel the need to go over the top with the make-up? Imo, this is not attractive for a woman or a man. It's too much make-up and hair colour. It's like fancy dress.

Now Jacob here looks damn fine as a woman, it seems like he dressed this way for fun, yet his look isn't OTT although the make-up isn't the natural look, yet it's more toned down.

[QUOTE=JACOBryanBURNS;5084094]That's ridiculous. I've dolled up in makeup, hair, women's clothing. I have in no way, shape, or form tried to be one, though. Personally? I thought it was fun. And not to mention, I looked damn good doing it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/Tranny%20Nights/trannyfierce.jpg[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jacobryanburns/Tranny%20Nights/tranny4.jpg

actually thats todays society.
it was men who first wore makeup before women. and it was men who played women in the theatre.

This was out of necessity as women weren't allowed to act, it was seen as improper say in Shakespeare's day. Women would dress up as men so they could act. It was a society/cultural thing. Someone else explained it better than me.

Imo dresses are designed for women, so a man looks sort of odd in feminine clothing - but this is because of society more than anything. Men can wear things such as kilts and still remain masculine, they're not trying to look like women or anything. But if a man does want to dress as a woman, then fine too. Now if society could accept men in a dress or a skirt, there would be clothing like this design specifically for men or for anyone, so it could suit the man's shape better.

I hope I'm making sense here.

Nenya awakens
17-12-10, 20:58
I dress up for Party's and nights out and things, Makeup - wigs - Dresses, I enjoy doing it, I've never tried to pass off as being a woman though. I'm actually surprised at how much stick I get from people for doing it, It's not like I care, I am who I am and If it makes me happy to dress up for a night and have fun then nobody has the right to tell me it's wrong or abnormal.

For example...

http://i56.************/zx79e9.jpg

http://i56.************/2ptrvac.jpg

http://i52.************/351s9wx.jpg

http://i52.************/lbrqa.jpg

http://i54.************/2dgti7a.jpg

I've never really cared what people thought, I know who I am and I am happy with that :)

FloTheMachine
17-12-10, 23:17
I don't really know to be honest. I mean, it used to be bad for women to wear pants. *shrugs*

Maybe dresses for men will come into fashion.

I'll stick to skinny jeans :p

Nerd For Life
18-12-10, 00:00
I dress up for Party's and nights out and things, Makeup - wigs - Dresses, I enjoy doing it, I've never tried to pass off as being a woman though. I'm actually surprised at how much stick I get from people for doing it, It's not like I care, I am who I am and If it makes me happy to dress up for a night and have fun then nobody has the right to tell me it's wrong or abnormal.

For example...

http://i56.************/zx79e9.jpg

http://i56.************/2ptrvac.jpg

http://i52.************/351s9wx.jpg

http://i52.************/lbrqa.jpg

http://i54.************/2dgti7a.jpg

I've never really cared what people thought, I know who I am and I am happy with that :)

And that's the way it should be. You'll always be my favourite tranny. <3

TRhalloween
18-12-10, 00:06

For example...

I agree, some people have really old fashioned ways of looking at things. It shouldn't stop people from expressing themselves or having fun .. also you look fabulous :D

Nenya awakens
18-12-10, 00:06
Thanks Raquel and Gordon, I get pleasure out of it and I enjoy myself, so why should I care what other people think? If people need to look into a deeper side of it then go ahead. I'm not going to tell somebody their opinion is wrong, but I'm also not going to care.

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 00:45
Bottom line: some people agree and others disagree. I don't think it's either of our places to argue or tell the differing opinions they are wrong. Everyone is entitled to believe what they wish to, and stating opinions on such controversial subjects is a brave thing to do.

It's a simple discussion where we can share our opinions. We shouldn't hate on those who disagree.

That's just my opinion. This shouldn't be an argument, it should simply be a discussion of personal opinion. Name calling and arguing ruins the whole purpose of expressing our own opinions.

TRhalloween
18-12-10, 01:20
Alright then...

Oh because males were born wearing a certain type of clothing?

xXhayleyroxXx
18-12-10, 01:23
Bottom line: some people agree and others disagree. I don't think it's either of our places to argue or tell the differing opinions they are wrong. Everyone is entitled to believe what they wish to, and stating opinions on such controversial subjects is a brave thing to do.

It's a simple discussion where we can share our opinions. We shouldn't hate on those who disagree.

That's just my opinion. This shouldn't be an argument, it should simply be a discussion of personal opinion. Name calling and arguing ruins the whole purpose of expressing our own opinions.

I know its horrible. I mean, I disagree with people all the time but they're allowed their own opinion. There's no need for any vile behaviour.

trlestew
18-12-10, 01:31
Oh because males were born wearing a certain type of clothing?

Is there anyway I could delete the post because no one understands it and just want to whine about it. Really, this forum is starting to seriously irritate me. If all we are going to do is whine and moan, I rather leave.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-12-10, 01:35

Is there anyway I could delete the post because no one understands it and just want to whine about it. Really, this forum is starting to seriously irritate me. If all we are going to do is whine and moan, I rather leave.

Don't. You have a right to an opinion -- and who gives if a lot of people here don't agree. Don't like anyone put you down.

Nenya awakens
18-12-10, 01:45

You were supposed to tell me I looked pretty :mad:

Tony9595
18-12-10, 01:52

I know! They get offended so easily. I'd rather not say what I think about this topic. Let's just say that the way you see it, is the way I see it...

Nenya awakens
18-12-10, 02:01
I've got no problem with the way other people see it because to be honest I don't care, I'm happy and other people can't stop that. My pictures were a reference to that.

People are entitled to their views as am I, I'm not out to change people views, I'll just carry on living MY life the way I wan't too, that works fine for me.

Paddy
18-12-10, 02:11
Dont get why some are against it anyway, its not like anyones actually forcing you to do it or not, if the dudes who wear makeup or whatever dont care, why should other people?
Fair enough people are entitled opinions but some do like to ***** and carry on, Ive seen it a lot.

Lemmie
18-12-10, 02:31
I should have thought that a man who wears make-up and dresses because he wants to is as manly as it gets.

Ikas90
18-12-10, 03:38
LOL @ TRF.

Typical behaviour.

Everyone has their own sets of morals/beliefs/values, so naturally, people are going to judge. It's the way it is, and always has been.

In cases such as these, people should keep their judgments to themselves if they're bound to offend people. Being judgmental is what people get worked up over, not so much judging. (Yes, there's a difference between judging and being judgmental)

Society is corrupted. We can't help it.

Nenya awakens
18-12-10, 03:51
Well that's exactly what I was saying, you can think what you want, that's up to you, I'll still be who I am when I wake up in the morning, and will I think about what you guys say? hell no, I'll thinking about where i'm going to buy my next body glitter from.

Hairhelmet12
18-12-10, 04:17
Guys wearing makeup is fine to a certent extent, But a dress...That's just a no no.

Paddy
18-12-10, 04:17
LOL @ TRF.

Typical behaviour.

Everyone has their own sets of morals/beliefs/values, so naturally, people are going to judge. It's the way it is, and always has been.

In cases such as these, people should keep their judgments to themselves if they're bound to offend people. Being judgmental is what people get worked up over, not so much judging. (Yes, there's a difference between judging and being judgmental)

Society is corrupted. We can't help it.

:tmb: finally you got what I was trying to say on msn LOL

Nenya awakens
18-12-10, 04:25
Guys wearing makeup is fine to a sertent extent, But a dress...That's just a no no.

But why? At least have the balls to explain why you think it's wrong.

It's easy to **** something off when you don't understand it or agree with it.

BURN THE WITCH.

If you dont understand something smash it and destroy it so nobody else can, isn't that the Christian way?

LaraCablara
18-12-10, 04:33
That's just awk.

But I suppose its ok.

TippingWater
18-12-10, 04:36

Girls can wear jeans
And cut their hair short
Wear shirts and boots
'Cause it's OK to be a boy
But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading
'Cause you think that being a girl is degrading
But secretly you'd love to know what it's like
Wouldn't you
What it feels like for a girl;)

Hairhelmet12
18-12-10, 04:46

BURN THE WITCH.

If you dont understand something smash it and destroy it so nobody else can, isn't that the Christian way?

First off, you need to chill out, Second, I'm not christian, third off, I'm gay.

I never said it's wrong, you do what you want. But I don't think men should wear dresses because they don't look right in them. To me it's a girl thing, But wear dresses if you please. I'm not going to bash you or tell you you're wrong to do that, Some eye liner is fine I guess, But lipstick and all that other stuff is just to much to me.

Just because I don't share the same opinion as you or don't do the same as you doesn't mean you need to assume things about me, or think I think you're so disgusting as a human. Just because you have that care free attitude, "I dont care what everyone thinks" dosnt mean you can just parade around being rude to people who don't share the same opinion as you.

trlestew
18-12-10, 05:03
Why can't this thread be closed. It's very existence annoys me now after all this pointless bashing and arguing.

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 05:33

BURN THE WITCH.

No it's not the "Christian way" to judge people. It's actually anti Biblical.

Not everyone agrees with you, don't flame rage because they don't. We should all respect each other no matter how we believe. Period.

You were supposed to tell me I looked pretty :mad:

Oops I overlooked it. You do look very pretty, I can certainly agree with that :D

Don't. You have a right to an opinion -- and who gives if a lot of people here don't agree. Don't let anyone put you down.

Right on. :tmb:

Nenya awakens
18-12-10, 05:54
No it's not the "Christian way" to judge people. It's actually anti Biblical.

Not everyone agrees with you, don't flame rage because they don't. We should all respect each other no matter how we believe. Period.

Oops I overlooked it. You do look very pretty, I can certainly agree with that :D

Right on. :tmb:

I was never flame raging anyone, If you look at my other posts you will see that I said each to their own.

Anti Biblical my ass, The bible clearly states that being gay is a sin, so for someone as Christian as you I don't see how you can have gay friends when you clearly have to judge them. How can you be friends with somebody that you know is going to hell? You pretend to be ok with gays and trannys and such but lets boil it down, you're a liar, how can you be friends with people that you and your faith denounces? I think you pile on that make-up to hide the fact that that there is nobody in there. Empty shell. maybe you need faith more than other people because you're such a shallow shell.

First off, you need to chill out, Second, I'm not christian, third off, I'm gay.

The second half of my post wasn't actually refering to you, did you not read the rest of my posts where I said you can think what you like, I don't care.

Paddy
18-12-10, 06:22
I personally dont care, it has nothing to do with me what some dudes do, if they enjoy doing it, who is anyone to be judgmental about it.
Whether its normal or not who ****ing cares?

TippingWater
18-12-10, 06:38
I personally dont care, it has nothing to do with me what some dudes do, if they enjoy doing it, who is anyone to be judgmental about it.
Whether its normal or not who ****ing cares?

:tmb:

Hairhelmet12
18-12-10, 06:58
The second half of my post wasn't actually refering to you, did you not read the rest of my posts where I said you can think what you like, I don't care.

You are just as ignorant as the Judgemental people in this thread.

Ward Dragon
18-12-10, 07:03
This argument is getting ugly and going in circles, so I'll just close the thread now to prevent more fighting.