PDA

View Full Version : Win a Lara Croft Snow Day Statue!

Katie_Tomb_Raider
17-12-10, 14:10
http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/ads/contest_snowday_forums.jpg

vYhukOUlWEM

Full contest rules/enter here (http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/screenshots/contest.shtml). Good luck! :wve:

Your_Envy*
17-12-10, 14:13
Oh such an amazing price! :cln: I wonder how much the shipping costs from UK to Slovenia.. Hmm.. :pi: Too much probably. :vlol:

larafan25
17-12-10, 14:16
WOOO!

Getting started on my piece now!:D

xXhayleyroxXx
17-12-10, 14:18
I'm entering :)

igonge
17-12-10, 14:19
OMG! :jmp: *faints*

sandygrimm
17-12-10, 14:34
So.. do we HAVE to post it on that forum? can't we create a thread here where they can be picked up? :whi:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
17-12-10, 15:02
So.. do we HAVE to post it on that forum? can't we create a thread here where they can be picked up? :whi:

Nope! It's just a suggestion for those who don't have anywhere else to host it :) You can put it wherever you want as long as I get the URL to find it ;)

cezy rockeru
17-12-10, 15:26
That's awesome,but I'm not original at all,so..
Anyway god luck to all:wve:

Underworld2008
17-12-10, 15:59
Such an amazing statue! I might enter!

Lara Croft!
17-12-10, 17:37
Entries will be so far greater than mine, that I won't even bother. :D

Alex Fly
17-12-10, 17:44
Oooh what a nice competition !
I don't know if I'll find the time to join it but I'll try eventually...

Good luck to everyone who will enter. :tmb:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
17-12-10, 17:53
Several of you requested that a future contest not be random since all of them to date have been. With the prize valued at $250 I think it's fair to have to work a little harder ;) No official contest lately has been this big so I'm very excited! :D

silviu_raider
17-12-10, 18:11
I'll see what I can come up with. :p
Can we enter multiple entries?

Edit: Only one. Okay. :D

lance6439
17-12-10, 18:13
!!!!! :OOOOOOOOO *Draw Drops*

Shaman
17-12-10, 18:51
Soo entering! I just noticed how big her bewbs are in that picture! :p

Rai
17-12-10, 19:21
That's a fine looking figurine. I'm not an artist, so maybe I won't be entering then. Now if I could write a story based off a level then I might be able to do that :o.

lararoxs
17-12-10, 19:53
It's a shame a huge chunk of the entry time is taken up by my A-Level exams! :(I'm not at all creative but I might just give this a go if/ when I get time. :)

ThatNorskChick
17-12-10, 19:59
Hell yeah, I'm entering this! :cln:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
17-12-10, 20:00
Hey guys, please remember your submission has to depict a scene that already exists. Fan fiction in this case would not count unless you're depicting something that happened already. Let me know if anyone has questions :)

Rai
17-12-10, 20:04
Hey guys, please remember your submission has to depict a scene that already exists. Fan fiction in this case would not count unless you're depicting something that happened already. Let me know if anyone has questions :)

This is what I meant when I said this:

That's a fine looking figurine. I'm not an artist, so maybe I won't be entering then. Now if I could write a story based off a level then I might be able to do that .

Would this count, or is it plagiarism?

Katie_Tomb_Raider
17-12-10, 20:06
@Rai: Definitely that would count. It's not plagiarism because there aren't any works in existence :)

Rai
17-12-10, 20:07
Alrighty then. Thanks for clarifying :)

Katie_Tomb_Raider
17-12-10, 20:09
Now if I see you copying from the official files book that would be a no no ;) Good luck! Can't wait for your entry.

MattTR
18-12-10, 10:37
This sounds awesome Katie, thanks! I'll try my best to enter. :tmb:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
18-12-10, 14:34
Great! And just a quick comment, I've been getting a few questions so I'll clarify something here. Your piece has to depict a scene from one of the games or my stories = it has to exist. So a fan fiction continuation of AOD wouldn't count in this contest. Has to be a scene that already exists! :)

Anymore questions? Let me know :)

**LARA LOVER**
19-12-10, 00:12
started working on my entry today! Its a tomb raider 1 poster, with a modern twist! :D

\Tomb Raider/
19-12-10, 00:31
how EXCITING IM TRYING

Love2Raid
19-12-10, 00:38
Amazing!

:o:D:jmp:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
19-12-10, 14:09
Great, guys! Stella and I are looking forward to seeing everyone's work :)

robwolf666
19-12-10, 14:25
I'm nowhere near creative enough to even stand a chance of winning, compared to most people on here, lol. So I won't be entering... good luck to everyone else tho'.

Katie_Tomb_Raider
19-12-10, 14:26
Can't win if you don't enter ;) Remember, we're judging on creativity, memorability, and staying true to the Tomb Raider theme.

larafan25
19-12-10, 14:30
Can't win if you don't enter ;) Remember, we're judging on creativity, memorability, and staying true to the Tomb Raider theme.

This gives me confidence.:cool:

tonyme
19-12-10, 15:38
I know how to draw very well, especially Lara in TR scenes, but I suck at coloring so my chances of winning are like, zero.:p Don't think I'll enter, good luck to all!

Hairhelmet12
20-12-10, 00:40
Ohmygod. I would LOVE to win that! I might enter.

Katie_Tomb_Raider
20-12-10, 20:25
I know how to draw very well, especially Lara in TR scenes, but I suck at coloring so my chances of winning are like, zero.:p Don't think I'll enter, good luck to all!

Tony do I need to have a little chat with you next time I see you on Steam? :p You should definitely enter! We are judging on creativity, memorability, and holding true to the Tomb Raider theme not how good your colouring skills are ;)

Ohmygod. I would LOVE to win that! I might enter.

I know, I'm seriously jealous for the record of whoever wins this! So awesome. AND it's sold-out :D

Hairhelmet12
22-12-10, 04:11
I submited my entry. :D

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x215/hairhelmet24/SnowDayentry.jpg

michaeldt
22-12-10, 04:14
I've already entered my drawing! :D if anyone wants to see it then its in the fan art section :)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=176655

2kool4u
22-12-10, 04:16
If i made a music video concerning TR would that show my creative side? <.< That's the only thing i'm good at =/ i have a youtube account to show you what im talking about

www.youtube.com/keithrodriguez15

Hairhelmet12
22-12-10, 04:17
I've already entered my drawing! :D if anyone wants to see it then its in the fan art section :)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=176655

Awesome! I added a link to mine, I was gonna do something like yours, Lara reaching for the scion, But I didn't have the room with the scion ):

Katie_Tomb_Raider
22-12-10, 13:51
Everyone's work is looking great! Keep it up :)

Edit: A lot of you have been sending me messages letting me know what you're working on. So exciting! It's hard waiting ;)

DgoOdz94
22-12-10, 20:23
Question: Does it have to depict only ONE scene from ONE game? Can't we do more than one scene? It's still in the same entry, just like a collage I'd say.

Katie_Tomb_Raider
22-12-10, 20:34
I love a collage idea but for this contest please only do one scene from one game. Tough decision, I know ;) If you're having trouble I've been suggesting to pick your favourite game, and try to narrow down your favourite level.

So many choices... good luck! :)

DgoOdz94
22-12-10, 20:42
Okay, thank you Katie! I'll start on it soon. :)

TheRCroft
23-12-10, 01:47
Katie, what happens if two or more people choose the same scene? Is that okay?

Katie_Tomb_Raider
23-12-10, 01:50
Okay, thank you Katie! I'll start on it soon. :)

Fantastic! Stella and I are very excited. I appreciate all the e-mails/PM's about the contest; you guys are awesome.

Katie, what happens if two or more people choose the same scene? Is that okay?

Absolutely that's ok :) We could have 50 people do the same scene and we'd have 50 unique entries ;) Pick whichever you like!

TheRCroft
23-12-10, 01:53
Absolutely that's ok :) We could have 50 people do the same scene and we'd have 50 unique entries ;) Pick whichever you like!

Thank you for clearing it up for me. This contest got me really excited, I will draw 3 levels that are the most memorable for me, and then I'll choose one. Thank you for giving this opportunity :D

Hairhelmet12
23-12-10, 01:54
You're lucky, You have seen the nice side of the forum. :pi:

freeze10108
23-12-10, 05:20
Katie, I have a question. What exactly constitutes a scene? Is more towards what only one photograph could capture, or would an entire cut-scene still be considered one scene?

I'm really interested in the contest, but I want to make sure that my idea will yield an eligible entry. :)

Katie_Tomb_Raider
23-12-10, 16:31
Thank you for clearing it up for me. This contest got me really excited, I will draw 3 levels that are the most memorable for me, and then I'll choose one. Thank you for giving this opportunity :D

Fantastic!

Katie, I have a question. What exactly constitutes a scene? Is more towards what only one photograph could capture, or would an entire cut-scene still be considered one scene?

I'm really interested in the contest, but I want to make sure that my idea will yield an eligible entry. :)

More towards what a photograph could capture. Some cut-scenes are very lengthly, so a particular moment in a cut-scene would be fine. So long as you're depicting that moment in some way it'll be fine. If it's still unclear let me know :) You're in the clear so long as you don't do multiple scenes or multiple games. One scene, from one game or story :)

Encore
23-12-10, 16:39
I have to try this. I absolutely LOVE that statue.

Mikky
23-12-10, 16:49
If princebenidere entered this comp, you guys wouldn't have a chance. :p

James_Rutland
23-12-10, 16:51
If princebenidere entered this comp, you guys wouldn't have a chance. :p

Or Nicobass. :p

Would they be allowed to enter, I mean... You can't not let someone enter because they're too good, right? :p

Katie_Tomb_Raider
23-12-10, 16:53
I should also add that if you're doing something other than a drawing/painting it can be harder to depict a particular moment, so take the just of the scene and depict what you can. I know a few of you are doing this so please let me know if you have questions :)

BTW this statue is sold-out! :cln: The only one they have left is the one with the drawing now!

Mikky
23-12-10, 16:53
Or Nicobass. :p

Would they be allowed to enter, I mean... You can't not let someone enter because they're too good, right? :p

Imagine if he did? :eek:

And I doubt someone wouldn't be able to enter because they're too good. It's not a comp for crap drawers, after all. :p

Katie_Tomb_Raider
23-12-10, 16:56
Imagine if he did? :eek:

And I doubt someone wouldn't be able to enter because they're too good. It's not a comp for crap drawers, after all. :p

lol I'm not familiar with either user mentioned but keep in mind, a certain 16-year old at the time beat out older more experienced writers! It does happen :whi:

AND remember you can do whatever you want, it's not just a drawing competition. "You can draw/paint a picture, write a song, act it out, create something; anything."

Mikky
23-12-10, 16:59
lol I'm not familiar with either user mentioned but keep in mind, a certain 16-year old at the time beat out older more experienced writers! It does happen :whi:

AND remember you can do whatever you want, it's not just a drawing competition. "You can draw/paint a picture, write a song, act it out, create something; anything."

You don't know who Nicobass is? :yik:

Btw, could I do like a paper-maché thingy, if I wanted? :p

Katie_Tomb_Raider
23-12-10, 17:02
You don't know who Nicobass is? :yik:

Btw, could I do like a paper-maché thingy, if I wanted? :p

lol don't shoot :p I'm not a regular on here like I probably should be :o

And yes, a paper-mache creation would be super cool! :)

Encore
23-12-10, 17:07
To be completely honest I don't think XNA renders should be judged in equal terms with drawings and other free form art. For obvious reasons.

Mikky
23-12-10, 17:09
lol don't shoot :p I'm not a regular on here like I probably should be :o

And yes, a paper-mache creation would be super cool! :)

Excellent! I can't promise anything, but I'll try my best! :D

And this is Nicobass' work (http://nicobass.deviantart.com/) - it's amazing! Classic Lara with a modern twist. :D

Katie_Tomb_Raider
23-12-10, 17:19
Not to worry, Stella and I will be judging fairly.

Thanks for the link Mikky, I'll have a peek :)

Katie_Tomb_Raider
23-12-10, 18:04
I've had a few more questions about entries that are animations/movies/etc and I wanted to clarify a few more things here.

You cannot do an animation/movie on the entire game or story. It has to be a scene, so a small section only. If you're doing an illustration/constructing something it should still relay the scene.

Don't be worrying too much so long as you're remembering one scene (or part, maybe "part" or "moment" will help you better) from one game or one story.

If you still have concerns let me know :) So excited to hear everyone's hard at work! I know they'll all be fantastic.

Spider Man
24-12-10, 04:30
Laras,(or "lura")jawline looks freakishly long in that model.

Katie_Tomb_Raider
27-12-10, 20:37
Contest entries are beginning to float in! Check out the ones that have been submitted here http://forum.katietombraider.com/index.php?showtopic=3753 :)

mudkip25
27-12-10, 21:23
I see mine! :p

larafan25
27-12-10, 22:27
I feel panicky, NEED to get my entry done.:D

TombRaiderFan.
27-12-10, 23:01
http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/entries/05.jpg

!!!

Oh no! I'm doomed. :(

larafan25
27-12-10, 23:33
^ :eek:

Well...don't give up without a fight.

:D

I've just finished part of my entry, it has a title introducing the special moment, I hope that is ok.:p

TombRaiderFan.
27-12-10, 23:37
^ :eek:

Well...don't give up without a fight.

Are you kidding me?! Now I have to start from scratch. :hea:

:p

larafan25
27-12-10, 23:39
Are you kidding me?! Now I have to start from scratch. :hea:

I have started from scratch a bagillion times. O.O

I was going to do the MIDAS hand death, however with a bit of a twist, however that was becoming too troublesome, therefor I changed my idea to something more epic, something everyone knows about.:D

I now just have to create all the art for it. O.O

michaeldt
28-12-10, 01:02
mine is the 1st entry one there! :D

Katie_Tomb_Raider
28-12-10, 02:20
I'm so impressed with all the entries! I know you're all working hard and I can't wait to see everything :) This sure brings back some awesome memories, doesn't it? :) We'll certainly have a nice collection of scenes when it's over! :D

TombRaiderFan.
28-12-10, 03:43
Here is the one I WAS going to enter with:

http://i56.************/1z4a42q.png

I'm working on a new one now. I just thought I'd share my work now since I won't be using it. Please don't count this one! :) I'm working on a much better one. :mis:

4HZAzEjhAzU

3:24

Hairhelmet12
28-12-10, 03:46
Alot of thos entrys are pretty good. I really really hope I win D:

Tommy123
28-12-10, 03:47
working on my entry :D

michaeldt
28-12-10, 04:31
I wish there were runner up prizes :P

leglion
28-12-10, 06:20
edit

-Roli-
28-12-10, 06:56
I've sent my entry too (http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/entries/06.jpg), good to see the entries! :jmp:

Great job, friends! :hug:

tonyme
28-12-10, 06:57
I've sent my entry too (http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/entries/06.jpg), good to see the entries! :jmp:

Great job, friends! :hug:

It is beautiful!!

Lara_Zoz2006
28-12-10, 07:56
Oooo I can see my entry :) great stuff guys love all ur entries feeling very nostalgic

larafan25
28-12-10, 20:32
I submited!:D

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-10, 00:28
This isn't exactly accurate, but its how I remembered it:

http://i53.************/118q4r9.jpg

VCI - 13th floor - the beginning where Lara enters the vents.
Its a bit rough, but I don't have any more time to spend on this :( x I hope you lot like it regardless.

I've had a peak at all the entries submitted on that link and they're all so good! Good luck everyone x
Link incase the picture can't be seen: http://************/view.php?pic=118q4r9&s=7

larafan25
29-12-10, 00:44
^Holy crap!O.O

That is amazing, sort of reminds me of that horrid part of the game, the part where you climb into the vent and there is an explosion, something falls, I died so much there.

Thr at is a nice added touch.:)

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-10, 00:47
^Holy crap!O.O

That is amazing, sort of reminds me of that horrid part of the game, the part where you climb into the vent and there is an explosion, something falls, I died so much there.

Thr at is a nice added touch.:)

Aww thankyou, that is so sweet ^_^ Oh yeah, I remember that bit 0_0. I guess art means different things for different people, so its nice to hear your opinion on it :tmb: xx

There's so many excellent entries! I would hate to be in Katie or Stella's shoes when it comes to deciding the winner :p

larafan25
29-12-10, 00:53
Aww thankyou, that is so sweet ^_^ Oh yeah, I remember that bit 0_0. I guess art means different things for different people, so its nice to hear your opinion on it :tmb: xx

There's so many excellent entries! I would hate to be in Katie or Stella's shoes when it comes to deciding the winner :p

It's going to be a tough choice, I can tell. Also, I don't really remember the beginning of VCI, a lot of it was vents so they all started to look the same after a while. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-10, 01:00
It's going to be a tough choice, I can tell. Also, I don't really remember the beginning of VCI, a lot of it was vents so they all started to look the same after a while. :p

*nods*. And yeah -- I actually have a massive phobia of fans though so it was all pretty terrifying for me :p I'm not surprised its what I remembered most. I was going to do the pool in Offshore Rig with the propeller in but didn't have enough time to paint what I had in mind :( x

larafan25
29-12-10, 01:16
*nods*. And yeah -- I actually have a massive phobia of fans though so it was all pretty terrifying for me :p I'm not surprised its what I remembered most. I was going to do the pool in Offshore Rig with the propeller in but didn't have enough time to paint what I had in mind :( x

I went through so many different versions of my entry, it's wild. O.O

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-10, 01:21
I went through so many different versions of my entry, it's wild. O.O

Which one was yours? ^_^

**LARA LOVER**
29-12-10, 01:29
Wow that's incredibly beautiful xXhayleyroxXx! :tmb:

Amazing work and good luck, everyone! :D

I have to restart my entry because I messed up the colors, oh well I have until the end of January!:p

Melonie Tomb Raider
29-12-10, 01:30
Going to start mine soon :D

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-10, 01:31
Wow that's incredibly beautiful xXhayleyroxXx! :tmb:

Amazing work and good luck, everyone! :D

I have to restart my entry because I messed up the colors, oh well I have until the end of January!:p

Aww thankyou xx:hug:
Did you not save an earlier version of your entry? :( Surely you shouldn't have to start all over again xx

**LARA LOVER**
29-12-10, 01:34
Aww thankyou xx:hug:
Did you not save an earlier version of your entry? :( Surely you shouldn't have to start all over again xx

No problem, its awesome! :hug:

And I didn't do it digitally. I went real "old school" and drew it out on a poster board. I'm coloring it with colored pencils! :ton:

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-10, 01:36
No problem, its awesome! :hug:

And I didn't do it digitally. I went real "old school" and drew it out on a poster board. I'm coloring it with colored pencils! :ton:

Aww :( That's really too bad :(
You're so sweet :hug: I'm sure your entry will look fantastic! I can't wait to see it xxx

**LARA LOVER**
29-12-10, 01:39
Aww :( That's really too bad :(
You're so sweet :hug: I'm sure your entry will look fantastic! I can't wait to see it xxx

Thank you! :hug:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
29-12-10, 02:20
@xXhayleyroxXx - Great work! If you'd like to submit this into the contest please use the official contest form on my site: http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/screenshots/contest.shtml

Stella and I have our work cut out for us! It's going to be very difficult choosing a winner. You guys are awesome, and it's great to see such enthusiasm! Look at all of this amazing work you're creating :)

TombRaiderFan.
29-12-10, 05:19
Going to start mine soon :D

Go away! :mad:

If you enter we're all doomed. :(:(:(

\Tomb Raider/
29-12-10, 05:37
go away! :mad:

lol

Melonie Tomb Raider
29-12-10, 06:26
Go away! :mad:

ROFL!! :vlol:

Not sure about that. :p The idea probably matters the most, and there are a lot of uber talented people here. :D

It will be fun, though. Haven't done a Lara Croft fan piece in a little while. :) I'm really hoping my idea turns out how I envision it. Should be a pretty recognizable memory if it does. :p

Edit: Here's a preview of what I am working on so far. Very early in roughdraft phase, but I am excited.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/MeloniesArt/preview.jpg

Didn't want to give away the "memorable" part, so you will just have to wait and see on that. :p

Zebra
29-12-10, 13:07
You say that one of the criterias is going to be "holding true to the Tomb Raider theme". Could you elaborate on that? For example, if I pick a moment from one of the urban parts of AoD will that mean it's not "holding true to the Tomb Raider theme"?

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-10, 13:33
@Katie - oh sorry :p Entered it officially now ;) x

Katie_Tomb_Raider
29-12-10, 14:04
You say that one of the criterias is going to be "holding true to the Tomb Raider theme". Could you elaborate on that? For example, if I pick a moment from one of the urban parts of AoD will that mean it's not "holding true to the Tomb Raider theme"?

So long as you're not deviating from what happened in the game, that's holding true to it. Not making up extras, sticking to what happened in the game. :) Capturing that exact moment/scene and re-creating it.

@Katie - oh sorry :p Entered it officially now ;) x

Got it! ;)

larafan25
29-12-10, 17:00
ROFL!! :vlol:

Not sure about that. :p The idea probably matters the most, and there are a lot of uber talented people here. :D

It will be fun, though. Haven't done a Lara Croft fan piece in a little while. :) I'm really hoping my idea turns out how I envision it. Should be a pretty recognizable memory if it does. :p

Edit: Here's a preview of what I am working on so far. Very early in roughdraft phase, but I am excited.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/MeloniesArt/preview.jpg

Didn't want to give away the "memorable" part, so you will just have to wait and see on that. :p

O.o

Why does it looks so much like Lara. D:

I can't believe someone made a figurine, it's so intensely cool!:D

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-10, 20:14
Got it! ;)

Yay :jmp: Thankyou :hug: x

TombRaiderFan.
29-12-10, 21:45
Cool gif larafan25, it'd be cool to see Mida's hand though. ;)

larafan25
29-12-10, 21:50
Cool gif larafan25, it'd be cool to see Mida's hand though. ;)

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU o.o

I was going to do Midas' hand. >.>

It was going to be LC walking up to the hand KNOWING she would die and being like "dude I'm ready" then smile and turn to gold. Then the camera would pan over her backpack showing items coming out like her pistols, Thor's hammer, Excalibur, Scion, then finally her notebook, and it would flip pages and land on a blank one. THEN the screen would go black and after that the intense tr9 podcast music would start and we would see the journal again, and the blank page would turn to a picture of a mysterious boat on stormy seas.

Clearly that idea drifted a little far away from the innitial goal of this competition sooo....:/

TombRaiderFan.
30-12-10, 05:42
http://i51.************/2q2if88.png

Don't want to give too much away. :)

**LARA LOVER**
31-12-10, 23:33
^
Whoa looks cool TombRaiderFan.:tmb:

So I just finished my entry I so proud of it! :p
Its Lara in the lost valley. I drew it on a poster board and colored it in markers. I'll probably upload it tomorrow, hope you guys like it I worked really hard! :o

larafan25
31-12-10, 23:35
http://i51.************/2q2if88.png

don't want to give too much away. :)

zomg tr4!?!?!?:d

TombRaiderFan.
01-01-11, 01:19
zomg tr4!?!?!?:d

Ya... :pi:

:)

**LARA LOVER**
02-01-11, 19:23
Heres my final result! It isn't much and it looks better in person. But I worked really hard! :o
Also it was way to big to scan! :(
http://i56.************/2w5pt76.jpg

Bigger version....
http://i55.************/2ihumc0.jpg

Katie_Tomb_Raider
02-01-11, 19:25
Great work! Please remember to enter using the official entry form here: http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/screenshots/contest.shtml

**LARA LOVER**
02-01-11, 19:29
^
Thanks! :hug:

And I just officially entered it! ;)

Katie_Tomb_Raider
02-01-11, 19:33
Excellent, good luck! BTW, my latest tweet (thought I'd share it): I should have had everyone print their work for the contest & send it to me! What a sweet collection I'd have for my house! ;)

**LARA LOVER**
02-01-11, 19:53
Thanks! :D

Haha and yes you absolutely would have a amazing collection of art! Everyone is so talented! :tmb:

NightWish
02-01-11, 23:42
I really want to enter, but Uni is after me so I will ask I question I am sure I know will have a negative answer, but Katie doesn't mention it in the rules.

Is it allowed to submit something you have started already, but finish it exclusively for the contest? http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/Smilies/battinge.gif

Katie_Tomb_Raider
02-01-11, 23:47
I really want to enter, but Uni is after me so I will ask I question I am sure I know will have a negative answer, but Katie doesn't mention it in the rules.

Is it allowed to submit something you have started already, but finish it exclusively for the contest? http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/Smilies/battinge.gif

How would I know if it was started before? ;) Doesn't matter anyway - it's your creation :) You can do whatever you want so long as it depicts a scene!

NightWish
03-01-11, 00:05
How would I know if it was started before? ;) Doesn't matter anyway - it's your creation :) You can do whatever you want so long as it depicts a scene!

Well OK! I didn't expect that! Then I might be able to enter! :D

xXhayleyroxXx
03-01-11, 00:06
Well OK! I didn't expect that! Then I might be able to enter! :D

Don't you win every comp though? :/

NightWish
03-01-11, 00:12

Not the bigger ones no, But I really want to enter because I LOVE that statue. ANd I love Adam Hughes' work. And that statue is a tad too expensive :p

Art is subjective

Dark Lugia 2
03-01-11, 00:35

What kind of a question is that? :/ Do you expect her to not enter? :S

I'm not good at making my own poses and scenes, only study objects/pictures already done. If I was I'd so enter! Its nice of you to host this comp Katie :D The entries so far are lovely, too.

xXhayleyroxXx
03-01-11, 00:37
What kind of a question is that? :/ Do you expect her to not enter? :S

No I do expect her to enter, since she enters them all.
But whatever :)

Katie_Tomb_Raider
07-01-11, 15:45
Ok, so I've got some amazing news - Stella Lune has generously donated two prizes to the contest so there will now be 2nd and 3rd place winners!

The new prizes? 7-inch Neca figurines from Tomb Raider Anniversary and Tomb Raider Underworld!

http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/ads/statue_05.jpg

http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/ads/statue_06.jpg

Visit my contest page for all the details :) http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/screenshots/contest.shtml

How exciting! :D

xXhayleyroxXx
07-01-11, 15:46
Omg -- that was nice of her <3 They're lushhh x

larafan25
07-01-11, 19:24
Holy cow that TRL drawing with the portal is AMAZING! O.O

\Tomb Raider/
08-01-11, 05:02
here is my entery:p I tried ...i never have done anything like this but i think it turned out pretty cool, its all made from cardboard and it has a 3D effect which probably looks better in person :o, i got the idea from one of Katies stories which is my favorite is called Revenge The Aztec Gods :D here are sum pictures of how i started...first i drew her, than it went on cardboard :D and it took about 2 days to paint and she even has removable guns LOL :D...and than the last pic, is how it all turn out :p

http://i51.************/2i05fup.jpg
http://i52.************/jl4212.jpg
http://i52.************/2cmstad.jpg
http://i53.************/2j68ojc.jpg
http://i55.************/23mtvfq.jpg
http://i56.************/18bqps.jpg
http://i53.************/i6fkt2.jpg

Hairhelmet12
08-01-11, 08:41
^Wow, that's pretty cool!

NightWish
08-01-11, 12:53
http://i53.************/i6fkt2.jpg

AWESOME!!!:D How did you even come up with doing something like that?

BTW here is the link to my entry - but non animatedwater version. http://nightwish666.deviantart.com/art/Adventures-of-Lara-Croft-192208358?q=gallery:nightwish666&qo=0

Lara_Zoz2006
08-01-11, 13:30
Wow so many amazing entries , I don't think I stand a chance of winning now lol

Underworld2008
08-01-11, 13:31
\Tomb Raider/ that is really amazing and creative :D I know what I would choose to win this :cln:

xXhayleyroxXx
08-01-11, 13:34
\Tomb Raider/ that is really amazing and creative :D I know what I would choose to win this :cln:

I know same. That entry is the most innovative and creative :tmb:

\Tomb Raider/
08-01-11, 13:38
:hug: awe spank you guys :p

larafan25
08-01-11, 14:04
DUDE!?!?

Who knew there was such diverse talent here? The amazing things I am seeing from people making sculptures to that 3D thing (sorry I don't know what it's called:p) these entries are AMAZING! D:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
08-01-11, 15:34
I wasn't lying when I said you are a creative and talented group! Stella and I are completely blown away with whats been submitted so far. What an amazing collection of memories. Just awesome :) I'm so glad we can pick 3 winners now!

NightWish
08-01-11, 19:47
Generally the best entries come out in the last moment, so I can't wait to see what we will get next! :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-01-11, 23:44
Here's an update :D I cut out the part that captures one of my favorite "memory" of TR. Still working on that part, and once you guys see it, you should know what I'm talking about right away. :vlol:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/MeloniesArt/larasofar.jpg

Hopefully it will be done soon! Lineart takes a long time to do. :p

Mikky
08-01-11, 23:47
^^^

Wow, AMAZING! :yik: Really well done, Mel! :tmb: :D

larafan25
08-01-11, 23:50
I just....I just can't....

Those abs are too good. >.>

randomrhys
08-01-11, 23:53
Katie_Tomb_Raider, I've just recognised your face, you're interviewed on the documentary from the bonus disc of Tomb Raider Anniversary aren't you for your TR stories and fan film? So cool!

Katie_Tomb_Raider
09-01-11, 00:02
I love how you guys have been sharing your work on here! Everything is looking great.

Katie_Tomb_Raider, I've just recognised your face, you're interviewed on the documentary from the bonus disc of Tomb Raider Anniversary aren't you for your TR stories and fan film? So cool!

Yes, I was interviewed for the documentary :) A little different looking then with a dye job gone bad and a scissor-happy hairdresser... lol

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-11, 02:11
Ok, lines almost all done aside from tweaks. Then it's off to coloring. :D

Should ring a bell to those who have played TR3. :p

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/MeloniesArt/laramonkeylines.jpg

One of my favorite memories of TR ever. Getting my medipacs stolen by monkeys!! :vlol: :vlol:

Chocola teapot
09-01-11, 03:05
That would be TR3 Lara then. :')

Marvellous Melonie, MARVELLOUS! <3

xxx

Tony9595
09-01-11, 03:08
Ok, lines almost all done aside from tweaks. Then it's off to coloring. :D

Should ring a bell to those who have played TR3. :p

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/MeloniesArt/laramonkeylines.jpg

One of my favorite memories of TR ever. Getting my medipacs stolen by monkeys!! :vlol: :vlol:

That's lovely Mel. :tmb:

For a second I thought it was going to be the picture from EscondeR's avatar. :vlol:

Minty Mouth
09-01-11, 18:21
Can we post it here and use that URL for the contest submission form? :)

Is that what everybody else is doing? :p

Katie_Tomb_Raider
09-01-11, 18:26
Can we post it here and use that URL for the contest submission form? :)

Is that what everybody else is doing? :p

Yes you can post it here and include the link :) Doesn't matter where it goes so long as I can find it ;)

Minty Mouth
09-01-11, 20:38
Okay, well, here is something I did because I just couldn't forgo the opportunity to win completely :p It's too good of a prize not to try!

A short bit of writing, recreating the moment in Tomb Raider Legend, when Lara arrives in Japan to speak with Nishimura.

I've never written any Tomb Raider fiction before, so it was a little strange. I did the best I could, even though this isn't the kind of thing I usually write. I'm pretty happy with it :) It's only short, but I thought the shorter the better. If I wanted to compete at all with all the art work I had to keep it brief!

Most of the light came from the four large, translucent panels that extended up towards the ceiling, casting their pale glow about the room—a green tinted bloom pressed against the dark windows—and what was left of the place was lit by the several little bulbs hung on the walls: perhaps four, in total. Maybe they would explode, with a bullet.

It was enough, in this light, to squint from the top of the stairs and glance down to the bar, just across from which there stood, bare arms inclined at the waist, hair held up in fancy up-dos, white and gold dressed women stood before their cautious male partners, dappled with flitting spotlights, not quite pleased to be there.

“Lara. Got a call from Nishimura.” Zip, through her earpiece. “He's in his office, so he won't be mingling. The bartender will hook you up with him, though.”

“Ever predictable.”

Lara descended the stairs and began towards the elderly man stood serving drinks, passing as she did a blonde woman who pursed her shiny red mouth in her direction, before turning away, and looking—with a kind of lost, confused expression—at the darkness of the retreating corridor to the left into which her fading interest graded.

“Good evening. I believe Nishimura-san is expecting me.” Lara said, at the bar.

The man looked up, away from the shiny wine glass in his hand.

“Ah, Lady Croft.” He placed the glass with the others by his side. “He is in his office down the hall. I will let him know you are coming.”

“Thank you.”

The man did not move; she assumed he would use some kind of telephone to contact Nishimura before she entered. And, so as not to arrive too early in his office, she turned around and took a quick look around the relatively tame party. Lots of television screens; held to the walls on thin metal frames; they would probably fall without too much convincing. Two corridors, one to the left, and another to the right: both would contain the full blast radius of a hand grenade and funnel the explosion backwards quite a distance. The bar was long: accessible from both ends. Easy cover. To its left, near a plush seating area, stood the woman from before: her hair pared neatly at the sides, where a man had pushed a stray flower through the band of her headdress—probably gathered from the vase next to the pyramid of wine glasses in which stood a bunch of mostly pink roses, gilded with light from a nearby plasma screen so they appeared tinged with blue and sometimes yellow, but were always looking slightly out of place. A thorn stuck out near the crest of the stray flower's bud, Lara noticed, as the odd lady looked at her again. She felt uneasy, and so headed off down the corridor to which the barman had directed her.

Through her handbag, she fingered the but of a pistol. She thought there might be a confrontation, later. It never paid to arrive at a party empty handed. Though, she wouldn't find a use for the phrase until a little later.

Hope it fits the criteria! :)

Hairhelmet12
09-01-11, 23:31
Ohmygod, Mel! Thats so amazing! and adorable! I wish i could draw that good!

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-01-11, 06:21
Here's my submission :D

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/MeloniesArt/trmonkeysmaller.jpg

ajrich17901
12-01-11, 06:45
we have a winner lmao

TombRaiderFan.
12-01-11, 06:53
^ I know lol

*throws in the towel*

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-11, 10:35
Mel, I adore the colours you've used! So pretty <3

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-01-11, 19:04
Glad y'all like it :hug:

There's some extremely fierce competition though, I certainly wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. O.o

Underworld2008
12-01-11, 21:49
Looks good! Reminds me of something which you'd see on a Comic Book cover :)

JDSmith260792
13-01-11, 00:53
awwww!!! it looks wicked! :D wont enter though as i wouldnt win it anyway lol :o

reminds me of my Lara doll from when i was younger. it was her in her swimsuit costume from TR2 with pistols(that come out of her hostals) with a harpoon gun in her hand. my mum and dad got it me for my birthday, i was sooooooo happy! :D however i acidentally snapped her foot off and lost the pistols :o should of taken better care of it :( lol

bloodstormaoa
13-01-11, 01:20
I wish I'd known about this in time, I completely missed the thread. The prize is sublime :cln:

I wouldn't have been able to compete with the quality of entries in any case..

But this is a gorgeous piece of art, kudos to whoever submitted it :tmb: :

http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/entries/13.jpg

Amazing. I love the statue too. :D

Katie_Tomb_Raider
13-01-11, 01:26
Still 10 days to enter! :)

Hairhelmet12
13-01-11, 07:30
Here's my submission :D

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/MeloniesArt/trmonkeysmaller.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/SVEvenstar/Gifs/0010y3wbgqmarf.gif

Omg. That's amazing.

Keir_Eidos
13-01-11, 15:27
here is my entery:p I tried ...i never have done anything like this but i think it turned out pretty cool, its all made from cardboard and it has a 3D effect which probably looks better in person :o, i got the idea from one of Katies stories which is my favorite is called Revenge The Aztec Gods :D here are sum pictures of how i started...first i drew her, than it went on cardboard :D and it took about 2 days to paint and she even has removable guns LOL :D...and than the last pic, is how it all turn out :p

[IMG]http://i51.************/2i05fup.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i52.************/jl4212.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i52.************/2cmstad.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i53.************/2j68ojc.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i55.************/23mtvfq.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i56.************/18bqps.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i53.************/i6fkt2.jpg[/IMG

Wow, I love this. It's great.

NightWish
13-01-11, 16:28
Wow, I love this. It's great.

This reminds me, Will you and Justin be arranging another competition? http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/Smilies/graucho.gif

WHICH reminds me, are we to expect a creature of an equally cult status like The Underpus and Chompy to base a competition around? :mis:

Keir_Eidos
13-01-11, 16:34
This reminds me, Will you and Justin be arranging another competition? http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/Smilies/graucho.gif

WHICH reminds me, are we to expect a creature of an equally cult status like The Underpus and Chompy to base a competition around? :mis:

lol @ the emote :D

Well, it won't be me (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116004) that does the arranging.

NightWish
13-01-11, 16:46
lol @ the emote :D

Well, it won't be me (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116004) that does the arranging.

OK! Working on the communication between fans and developers is a really good idea! :D

BTW you are this new guy's boss right? Congrats! lol :mis:

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-01-11, 19:31
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/SVEvenstar/Gifs/0010y3wbgqmarf.gif

Omg. That's amazing.

:vlol: :vlol: Thanks so much :hug:

Hairhelmet12
13-01-11, 20:48
:vlol: :vlol: Thanks so much :hug:

You're welcome. :hug:

\Tomb Raider/
15-01-11, 14:51
OMG just one more week :jmp::jmp: i think:confused:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
15-01-11, 14:56
Yep! 1 week today :) I was just going to come post this lol. Can't believe it's almost over - who is still working on a piece? :)

Dark Lugia 2
15-01-11, 14:58
Yeah, I think Leglion is is making something. He posted a WIP a week ago in the fan artwork section

Hairhelmet12
15-01-11, 22:30
God I can't wait! DDDD:

Melonie Tomb Raider
16-01-11, 01:18
I'm looking forward to seeing more! So many incredible entries thus far, I'm excited to see how it pans out. :) I'm honored to be a part of it!

SkyPuppy
16-01-11, 01:51
[IMG]http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/entries/13.jpg[IMG]

this is very very nice. <3

Alex Shepherd
18-01-11, 23:37
I have entered the competition oh my god :jmp: :jmp:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs776.ash1/166642_10150383474525133_666915132_16765638_126239 7_n.jpg

Katie_Tomb_Raider
19-01-11, 02:14
Only 4 days left! Are you guys getting nervous? ;)

\Tomb Raider/
19-01-11, 06:14

yes............................................... .................................................. ...:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-01-11, 06:28

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs776.ash1/166642_10150383474525133_666915132_16765638_126239 7_n.jpg

That is SO cool. Really digging the classic Lara :cln:

Yesss :eek: :eek:

Lara_Zoz2006
19-01-11, 07:23
I cant wait to find out :) So many cool entries

Laras Boyfr.
19-01-11, 14:23
Im still working on the lyrics i made for the aod theme. Ill make it in time for sure though :)

Katie_Tomb_Raider
20-01-11, 16:16
I've uploaded more entries! Only 2 days to go! :jmp:

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-01-11, 16:57
I love the Lara Doll comic. That is awesome. :D

TRLegendLuver
21-01-11, 13:56

Good, but isn't the Lara picture a picture generated throwing a drawing application?

Dark Lugia 2
21-01-11, 14:34
^ Its allowed to be entered, if thats what you meant.
How to Enter

All of you are incredibly creative; I've seen what you can do! I want you to depict a scene from either one of the Tomb Raider games, or one of my stories. You can draw/paint a picture, write a song, act it out, create something; anything.

Does anyone know if Leglion is still entering? He was making a cool-looking remake of the T-Rex scene from TRA in blender as an entry.

\Tomb Raider/
21-01-11, 15:08
OMG 1 MORE DAY :cln:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
21-01-11, 17:07
Contest closes tomorrow night so make sure to get your entries in asap if you don't want to miss the deadline! :wve:

A reminder that the 3 winners will be announced Monday January 24th on here (I'll make a new thread I think), my website, Twitter, Tomb Raider Vlog, Stella's blog...yep, it's gonna be everywhere :D

Hairhelmet12
21-01-11, 17:30
Contest closes tomorrow night so make sure to get your entries in asap if you don't want to miss the deadline! :wve:

A reminder that the 3 winners will be announced Monday January 24th on here (I'll make a new thread I think), my website, Twitter, Tomb Raider Vlog, Stella's blog...yep, it's gonna be everywhere :D

Oouuuhh! I can't wait! I hope I win!

TombRaiderFan.
21-01-11, 20:44
Someone got a little inspiration from larafan25's idea. :eek: You should get him Julian. :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-01-11, 21:09
Good, but isn't the Lara picture a picture generated throwing a drawing application?

It's still allowed. It's not only a drawing competition, but more so a creative competition. Photomanips are also allowed, among various other things. I think it's a very nice entry. :)

Katie_Tomb_Raider
21-01-11, 21:23

All of the entries that I've uploaded have been improved. The only 'rule' for this contest was that it had to showcase a scene from one of the games/my stories. I didn't want to restrict anyone creatively, not to mention you're all talented in different ways :)

TRLegendLuver
21-01-11, 21:53
Ah! I see now. :) Wasn't sure. Lol. I would of entered had I seen this thread. Grr. Better luck next, eh? :p

Mystery-King
21-01-11, 21:58
This is going to be my entry if I think it's good enough to enter. :( I guess I sorta ran out of time. I haven't chosen a particular scene but to me Tomb Raider screams Egypt and mummies, So what better than to have Lara pumping some lead into one whilst picking up the Ankh in TR1?

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6827/2222dy.jpg

TRLegendLuver
21-01-11, 22:00
This is going to be my entry if I think it's good enough to enter. :( I guess I sorta ran out of time.

Where is it? :confused:

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-01-11, 22:01
Ah! I see now. :) Wasn't sure. Lol. I would of entered had I seen this thread. Grr. Better luck next, eh? :p

You still have a little more time to enter. :jmp:

Mystery-King
21-01-11, 22:03
My image is showing now. :)

TRLegendLuver
21-01-11, 22:05
You still have a little more time to enter. :jmp:

Meh. Knowing all the detailed amounts that I go into, it wouldn't be done within even two days. :p Nah, its okay. I love all the entries so far, especially yours Mel! :)

My image is showing now. :)

Love it! :cln:

TombRaiderFan.
22-01-11, 01:29
All of the entries that I've uploaded have been improved. The only 'rule' for this contest was that it had to showcase a scene from one of the games/my stories. I didn't want to restrict anyone creatively, not to mention you're all talented in different ways :)

Just wondering. How are you going to be checking for plagiarism? I'm not saying anyone here would cheat, but you never know. :o

Melonie Tomb Raider
22-01-11, 01:35
Meh. Knowing all the detailed amounts that I go into, it wouldn't be done within even two days. :p Nah, its okay. I love all the entries so far, especially yours Mel! :)

Aww, well maybe next time you can enter. :) And thank you :hug:

@Mystery-King. That is so cool!!

TRLegendLuver
22-01-11, 03:08
Aww, well maybe next time you can enter. :) And thank you :hug:

Perhaps. ;) And you're welcome. I call dibbs on the monkey! :cln:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
22-01-11, 04:54
This is going to be my entry if I think it's good enough to enter. :( I guess I sorta ran out of time. I haven't chosen a particular scene but to me Tomb Raider screams Egypt and mummies, So what better than to have Lara pumping some lead into one whilst picking up the Ankh in TR1?

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6827/2222dy.jpg

Great work! If you're going to enter please remember to use the official contest entry form here: http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/screenshots/contest.shtml

Just wondering. How are you going to be checking for plagiarism? I'm not saying anyone here would cheat, but you never know. :o

Unfortunately not a whole lot we can do, as in any contest, but I'm not worrying about what I've seen entered so far. Mostly links to the work have been on personal DeviantArt pages :)

Hairhelmet12
22-01-11, 04:56
What are you going to be doing to choose the winner? Several rounds, Like you take a set amount you like, then you take a few less, and so on?

Tomoraider
22-01-11, 08:49
Hey guys, how much time is left? I just finished my drawing and I have to color it

NightWish
22-01-11, 10:19
i only play for sport :tmb: great work! We see Lara like that less and less. always happy to see classic Lara fanart

Underworld2008
22-01-11, 10:30
Hey guys, how much time is left? I just finished my drawing and I have to color it

The 22nd January, which is today!

Tomoraider
22-01-11, 10:51
The 22nd January, which is today!

Wow. I have to go color it fast :D

edit: here it is. I'm gonna go enter on the website now. It's Lara from the end of Tomb Raider Underworld

http://i51.************/2uzb71k.jpg

Laras Boyfr.
22-01-11, 14:05
:D I submitted my AoD Main Theme Lyrics.

It talks about Werners Death, and when Kurtis disappers.
For better orientation I included time lines before to show what is related to what.In the link you can see the video on youtube which is compatible to my time lines :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oWbfad4Y-Q

[0.01] What have I done?
[0.06] And what I'm becoming?

[0.11] I don't know where I am
[0.17] who am ?
[0.19] why am I here ?

[0.24] can I believe you after you left me her alone

[0.35] Noooo!!!

[0.44] I'm here now, Without YOU !

[0.54] I
WILL
FIGHT!

[1.00] We will bring light (we will bring light)
[1.06] into the dark
[1.11] I won't give up
[1.15] til' we're together again (with you...)

[1.27] before us is a long way through the darkness and lies

[1.38] where are we?

[1.52] where are you, are you, where are you,where are you

[2.02] what have I done to you,
[2.07] my heart is full of fear,
[2.10] please stay don't let me here die in pain
[2.17] I'm dying here alone

[2.22] where are you?
[2.26] I love you

[2.29] please come back

[2.34] to me...

[2.48] please...

Katie_Tomb_Raider
22-01-11, 14:10
Final day to enter is today, contest form will be removed late tonight :) If your entry doesn't appear on my forums right away, don't panic, I'll be bulk adding later on.

Good luck to everyone! Someone asked how we're judging: (taken from my site)

Your work will be judged based on: creativity, memorability, and holding true to the Tomb Raider theme

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-11, 17:25
Winners announced tomorrow? :D

Your_Envy*
23-01-11, 17:30
Winners announced tomorrow? :D

Getting nervous Mel? :cln: I love your drawing so.. I can't wait to see the results. :whi:

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-11, 18:54
Yes, I'm nervous :cln:

Lara_Zoz2006
23-01-11, 19:14
Fingers crossed for all :) , I don't think mine will win but I'm hoping hhehe , tooo many amazing entries

Hairhelmet12
23-01-11, 21:07
Oooh, I'm so excited! I've never entered a comp before!

:jmp::jmp::jmp:

TheRCroft
23-01-11, 21:11
Good luck y'all, I've never seen such a compilation of amazing work. You all deserve to win, really, we got some serious talent here :D

Katie_Tomb_Raider
23-01-11, 22:09
Just wanted to pop my head in here real quick...Stella and I have finally chosen our 3 winners! What a day. Check back tomorrow...... :D

Hairhelmet12
23-01-11, 22:14
just wanted to pop my head in here real quick...stella and i have finally chosen our 3 winners! What a day. Check back tomorrow...... :d

oooh you tease!

Underworld2008
23-01-11, 22:15
As I just tweeted to Katie, I'm looking forward to who won :D I wish I had time to enter :D

Good luck to everyone :jmp:

Afonya
23-01-11, 23:17
I'm nervous to know who won even if I didn't enter this :D There were so many stunning works!

Good luck everyone! :tmb:

Encore
23-01-11, 23:18
I have made a personal bet, let's see if I win. :D

Bit sad that I didn't enter myself, but I had no idea what to draw, I'm not very good at this sort of stuff.

Good luck everyone!

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-01-11, 02:53
Just wanted to pop my head in here real quick...Stella and I have finally chosen our 3 winners! What a day. Check back tomorrow...... :D

ajskajsahsjhas!! :yik: I'm so anxious to see!! Such a tease. :ton: :vlol: :vlol:

\Tomb Raider/
24-01-11, 03:10
Im so Excited i feel like ...... i want to dance to this song
TpAOjpmgZfg

TombRaiderFan.
24-01-11, 03:58
Until the actual results are announced, I think we should all (just for fun) pick who we think are the best three. :p

Who wants to do it? :o

Link (http://forum.katietombraider.com/index.php?showtopic=3753)

Katie_Tomb_Raider
24-01-11, 12:04
And the winners are......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQ85J_BnK8

Congratulations!! :D :D

silviu_raider
24-01-11, 12:20
I can't watch the video.
Stupid Internet.
Can you, please, tell us who won? :p

Underworld2008
24-01-11, 12:29
wow :D All 3 deserved to win, they're incredible works, especially 1st place :)

Lara Croft!
24-01-11, 12:32
Well done to all, especially to the winners!

Your_Envy*
24-01-11, 12:40
Congratulations! :jmp: Amazing contest, amazing entries and amazing award! :hug:

silviu_raider
24-01-11, 12:40
So, who won?

MyRaider4Life
24-01-11, 12:41
Congrats to all the winners! :tmb:

I can't watch the video.
Stupid Internet.
Can you, please, tell us who won? :p

Susie Hampton: 1st place
Jorge Silva: 2nd place runner up.
Marco Sosa: 3rd place runner up.

silviu_raider
24-01-11, 12:42
Congrats to all the winners!

Susie Hampton: 1st place
Jorge Silva: 2nd place runner up.
Marco Sosa: 3rd place runner up.
Thank you! :hug:
Gotta go and see their entries. :D

BTW, congratulations to all the winners! :D

Afonya
24-01-11, 13:07
Congrats to the winners, all those works are amazing! :tmb: :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-01-11, 13:16
Congratulations!! So happy for y'all :jmp: :hug: And omg Susie, I am so proud of you!!!!! :hug:

Hairhelmet12
24-01-11, 13:47
Congrats to the winners! They are fantastic entrys! :jmp:

tombraider4ever
24-01-11, 13:59
Congratulations to the winners! :tmb: Great work! :hug:

Lara_Zoz2006
24-01-11, 14:04
Omg !!! I just don't know what to say Im speechless , I screamed lol !!! I'm so so grateful I promise I will take pictures , thank u sooo much guys , thank you I don't know how to express my gratitude

Rai
24-01-11, 14:16
Congratulations to the winner and runners up, they're amazing pieces. All the entries look great.

Underworld2008
24-01-11, 14:18
Omg !!! I just don't know what to say Im speechless , I screamed lol !!! I'm so so grateful I promise I will take pictures , thank u sooo much guys , thank you I don't know how to express my gratitude

Aw bless! Mega congratz :D I was such an amazing piece of work, well done :hug: LOTS OF PICTURES!! ;) :cln:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
24-01-11, 14:21
lEQ85J_BnK8

(that's how I should have done it the first time :p)

Congratulations to everyone! It was an incredibly difficult process picking our 3. All of your work was amazing :) As promised, Crystal Dynamics has an e-mail waiting for them of all of your entries. Karl Stewart, the Global Brand Director, and Scott the new community manager.

Here's direct links to the pieces that won:

1st place: Susie Hampton
http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/entries/05.jpg

2nd place: Jorge Silva
http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/entries/28.wmv

3rd place: Marco Sosa
http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/entries/15.jpg

Minty Mouth
24-01-11, 14:59
Jorge. The second place winner. Isn't it pronounced Hor-Hay? :p

Katie_Tomb_Raider
24-01-11, 15:20
Next contest on the entry form: How do you pronounce your name :)

Minty Mouth
24-01-11, 15:22
Next contest on the entry form: How do you pronounce your name :)

I learnt the hard way: mis-pronouncing it in public :p Of course, it might be pronounced George. Only the man himself knows :p

Katie_Tomb_Raider
24-01-11, 15:23
Hehe well to be honest I've never seen this spelling before so I wasn't sure ;)

xXhayleyroxXx
24-01-11, 16:06
Congratulations!! So happy for y'all :jmp: :hug: And omg Susie, I am so proud of you!!!!! :hug:

I'm proud of her too :jmp:

Lara_Zoz2006
24-01-11, 17:54
Thank you so much, i really dont think it sunk in yet. I just cant believe it :hug: x x x

Rai
24-01-11, 18:15
Were the two runners up members here at all or somewhere else? just curious :).

**LARA LOVER**
24-01-11, 19:16
Should have known I wouldn't have a chance. :p

Congrats to the winners! Everyone's entry's were amazing!

Love2Raid
24-01-11, 22:38
Congrats winners! :tmb:

Such amazing entries! :eek:
I´m glad I didn´t bother. :p

TheRCroft
24-01-11, 22:45
Congratulations to the winners, to all those who entered the contest, to Katie and Stella and to Sideshow Collectibles! :D

With all those stunning entries, I'm sure it was really a tough choice. :eek:

JD_Zen
25-01-11, 11:32
Hi! I am Jorge, the 2nd runner up. To clarify, since I am not from any latin country (I'm from Portugal), it's not pronouned "Hor-hay". You have to say the "J" as "G" but you must not pronounce the first "e" as on "George". But it's ok to mis-pronounce it, I don't mind :)

TheRCroft
25-01-11, 11:49
Hi! I am Jorge, the 2nd runner up. To clarify, since I am not from any latin country (I'm from Portugal), it's not pronouned "Hor-hay". You have to say the "J" as "G" but you must not pronounce the first "e" as on "George". But it's ok to mis-pronounce it, I don't mind :)

Ohh, a winner from Portugal? Parabéns (Congratulations), Jorge!! :jmp: :D

JD_Zen
25-01-11, 22:46
Ohh, I didn't realize you were Portuguese also :o Obrigado :D (thank you)

Lara_Zoz2006
25-01-11, 22:50
Congratulations your piano playing was amazing :) how did u play so fast it's so cool :)

Underworld2008
25-01-11, 23:02

Welcome!

Your work was fantastic. Brought back A LOT of memories. You are really talented :tmb:

Katie_Tomb_Raider
27-01-11, 17:40
Fantastic news guys! Jorge Silva, one of the winners has sent me their sheet music for the song they composed. Download here: http://tombraiders.net/katie/entries/jorge_sheet_music.pdf

JD_Zen
01-02-11, 21:54
@Lara_Zoz2006 - Thank you. Your picture was stunning. Well, as everything, to be good at something you have to practice a lot... I mean a lot. But these ones are easier to play than it sounds :)

@Underworld2008 - Oh, thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked it :D

Love2Raid
01-02-11, 21:57
Fantastic news guys! Jorge Silva, one of the winners has sent me their sheet music for the song they composed. Download here: http://tombraiders.net/katie/entries/jorge_sheet_music.pdf
Wonderful, thanks for sharing! :D