PDA

View Full Version : 2010: Your Experience & Looking back

MattTR
18-12-10, 11:02
This year has been incredible, so much has happened to me this year it's probably one of the biggest years in my lifetime. It doesn't stop there, a lot has happened with the Tomb Raider franchise, Square Enix has done an amazing job handling things with the release of the first multiplayer Tomb Raider, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and a reboot of the series, Tomb Raider! :cln:

http://i54.************/4zzq4z.png

I started this year with a boom being employed by the gym at my community college. It was a great experience but they let me go without a given reason, it could have been for a mistake, it could have been cutting back, it could be for no reason, but I learned I may not want to go down the fitness/therapy route with my career!

Back in August I got to meet the developers of my favorite girl in gaming, and it was the experience of a lifetime. The guys over at Crystal and Keir were so incredibly kind to me, it surely felt like home. It was a long journey indeed, but I don't limit myself to anything. If I want to achieve something, I will achieve it eventually. :tmb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/Mattxz/Crystal_Dynamics/cd.jpg

Fast forward to 7 months being unemployed, I did not lose hope once, and never stop smiling. I finally got employed by GameStop, a job I've wanted to have my whole lifetime! Right now I'm doing my best to do everything right and do the best I can do, so they know I have a strong passion for my work and want to use this experience to enter the video gaming industry. I've changed my major to graphic design and will be taking the appropriate classes next semester. :)

http://www.airbrushking.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/gamestop-logo.jpg

As you can see, this year has been so good to me, it's had it's ups and downs, and sometimes the bad outweighed the good, but there's not once I lost all hope completely. I am looking forward to 2011 and see what surprises are in store! :D

http://kimberlyenglot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2011-fireworks.jpg

Johnnay
18-12-10, 11:06
Awwww. I had a good time reading that Bro:)

Well 2010 for me was meh, nothing new really:). Well until November this year had a change occured:). I have a job and since then I've been working hard saving that cash:).

I will be looking forward to 2011 by College and Work so I'm a busy boy:)

Paddy
18-12-10, 11:09
2010 was meh until my niece was born, now Im an unusually happy person.
The rest of 2010 was dire, bad news all around the most part :(

cezy rockeru
18-12-10, 11:11
So many things I have done this year...
I started buying game magazines,LEVEL
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt135/cezy_97/head_print-1.jpg
the best magazine ever:ohn:
I went to the beach
*flashback*
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt135/cezy_97/100_0523.jpg
I had so much fun at school with my awesome friends...
I started being active on TRF again...
I don't smoke anymore....[lol joke:vlol:]
I'm more mature:vlol:
yeah,right...
I'll miss this year,I feel like it just started,yeh...
:wve:

xXhayleyroxXx
18-12-10, 11:12
Well.. I turned 18 which I guess opened up a new window of opportunities. Bought a car. Advanced with my driving skills. Started a new course at Kirkley Hall Animal college. Had to say goodbye to all my friends who went to uni. And I've had a few health scares.
My gran's leg was amputeed. I suppose this year has been up and down, but a life-changing year, for sure :)

MattTR
18-12-10, 11:18
Sorry to hear about the bad, I surely hope the good outweighs the bad. :( :hug: And I'm happy to see there's some good memories as well. :)

Well 2010 for me was meh, nothing new really:). Well until November this year had a change occured:). I have a job and since then I've been working hard saving that cash:).

Keep up the good work, buddy! :D I'm proud of you for finally getting a job, just work hard. :)

Hang in there buddy, there's good to come, just keep up the faith. :tmb: :hug:

Paddy
18-12-10, 11:20
Hang in there buddy, there's good to come, just keep up the faith. :tmb: :hug:

Cheers bro, I think the good is heading there, Im driving, ending the year on a good note, best way is not to go into 2011 with bad stuff, end 2010 on a good note first.

MattTR
18-12-10, 11:22
Cheers bro, I think the good is heading there, Im driving, ending the year on a good note, best way is not to go into 2011 with bad stuff, end 2010 on a good note first.

Exactly, any time buddy. :hug: I wish you the best of luck and we're all here for you. :D

Let's all say it, 2011 is coming with but nothing from happiness and hope! :yah:

Johnnay
18-12-10, 11:32
Keep up the good work, buddy! :D I'm proud of you for finally getting a job, just work hard. :)

Thanks man:). And I'm proud of you too Bro. You keep up the good work. You have a good future ahead of you, I see that:D

Paddy
18-12-10, 11:41

Good stuff mate, glad **** is workin out good for you :)

Legend of Lara
18-12-10, 11:55
Bayonetta happened.

lara c. fan
18-12-10, 12:02
Well.... I can't remember anything good this year. Maybe next year will be better...

MyRaider4Life
18-12-10, 12:05
I got bullied every single day at school, is that good? :(
Acting the slightest bit gay at my school is death.

Joely-Moley
18-12-10, 12:07
2010 has been the year I really turned my life around. I had to, otherwise I could have ended up right back to where I started and lets just say that it wasn't good.

The end of last year was pretty rough, I got out of a bad relationship with someone I had been with for over 5 years and I didn't know what to do with myself. I spent Christmas and New Year alone. I'm not from here and her family was like my family.

I didn't have a job any more and I was struggling to pay rent, especially now that I was living on my own. I was also failing Uni and I just felt horrible. It also became clear who my actual friends were.

I made a pledge to myself that I had to change.

I got my grades up. got a job at a film making company leading up to the summer and then I spent the summer working in Canada. It was the best summer of my life. The entire experience has changed me, I got so much out of it and it was fantastic.

Now I'm working a job that I love, which is pretty well paid and doing well at Uni. I'm happy for the first time in a long time.

I say bring on next year now. :D

digitizedboy
18-12-10, 12:11
I can't complain really. I've had two great vacations, I've made a bit of money from painting and I've met up with a good friend recently. As long as I blot out all the horrible parts then everything is all good.

James_Rutland
2010. Ah.

What an awful year it's been.

My first year for surgery (Appendicitis) which was hell. Fallen out with a load of people and won't be talking to them for a long time... Fallen for people who never shown interest in me and learned to move on, dad discovered something about me which I really wish he didn't... currently failing many exams... The list goes on. :')

The only highlight was my Spain trip.

Please be better 2011...

Paddy
I got bullied every single day at school, is that good? :(

:hug::hug: sorry to hear that, I understand that all too well.
No its most definitely not good.

Poke Warrior
18-12-10, 12:17
I could of had a better year.....

Legend of Lara
18-12-10, 12:41
I could of had a better year.....

*could've

digitizedboy
18-12-10, 12:51
You need this mister...

http://wesleying.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Grammar-Police.png

Ikas90
18-12-10, 13:08
2010 has probably been the biggest year of my life, or at least one of.

The major thing was my big trip across Asia and Europe, getting to meet all the people I love and care about along the way. I returned home after visiting 27 countries on my own, something to be proud of. And upon return, there have been new changes in my life and I have adapted to them, and I'm also trying to make it better for myself while at home.

I'm grateful to TRF.

Archetype
18-12-10, 13:20
2010 has been a bittersweet year...

My mom was diagnosed with cancer (fortunately given the all clear after a major operation).

And now I'm in a relationship with a wonderful woman...

Chocola teapot
18-12-10, 13:51
2010 has been Meh...

But very eventful.

GaGa in march was the high point. :vlol:

Underworld2008
18-12-10, 14:17
I don't actually remember anything of 2010 LOL.

+ Health wise, properly the best in a while. I think.
+ Passed my first year A-levels.
+ Made an amazing best friend.
+ Moved into a bigger, better house.
- Had to give the Cat away to a cat farm-like place :(
- Put on weight.
- Been single for the whole of 2010.

That is all I can't remember :P

coolaideonfire
18-12-10, 14:49
I got a job! :D

It's sort of inline with what I've always seen myself doing as a career so that's good.

Hybrid Soldier
18-12-10, 14:55
Nice to see things are working out for you Matt. :)

This year had its ups and downs. Ended up changing my mind with what im doing in school, so i've been working on that making sure im getting all the credits i need since i'll be going to college after im done uni. I haven't really had a break from school since i was taking summer classes. Broke up with someone toward the beginning of the year, and got into a small accident with the car which costed me money i wasnt expecting to spend.

Here's hoping 2011 is better. :p

Tear
18-12-10, 14:58
I moved houses for the first time in my life, and it was across country.:)

Other than that, a pretty boring year. Oh yeah, and I graduated!:p But that was nothing special.

Marianna12
18-12-10, 15:05
This year has been pretty good for me! :D
Many great things happened. I met some of my friends from here (David, Lora, Ada and Saki), got my English diploma with an A, went to Turkey and found out that I'm going to meet Ana next summer <3

There were some bad moments too, like being too stressed over school and fighting with my 'friends' here, but overall it's been a great year, and I hope 2011 will be even better! :)

ShadyCroft
18-12-10, 15:12
This year had great moments, but then it quickly turned down to one of the worst years ever.

The only 3 things that brightened up this year for me are:
- Graduadting from university
- Getting an internship at one of the most prestigious telecommunicatios company in the country
- Finally making gay friends and meeting them

However, the year had more downs...
- Falling for someone and after months of struggling, I get rejected
- Had a car accident...it was pretty bad and cost us a lot
- My family falling under a lot of stress and tension, what with me graduating and my starting going to the states.

Anyway, not the best year and I hope 2011 is a lot better. :(

LaraCablara
18-12-10, 16:02
It has been weird, and Ive done a lot of things I never would have been comfortable doing before or have had the confidence to do them but I have.

It all started with the extremely cold snowy January and now its ending with the equally cold (but snowless) December here in New York :).

All I want for next year is a job that is not telemarketing :p.

TheRCroft
18-12-10, 16:42
Look at my "Join Date" and you'll see :p

robwolf666
18-12-10, 16:48
Sounds like my year... 'cept in my case it was a nephew.

Alpharaider47
18-12-10, 17:42
It's been an alright year for me I suppose. Not really better than any others. Second year living in Washington, graduated from high school, nearly finished my AA. In June things picked up a bit, met a lot of cool people. Over the course of the rest of the year, most of those friendships dissolved due to mistakes and stupid choices on my part. Luckily a couple people stuck with me despite all of that. Recently turned 18 and am working at GameStop which is pretty neat. Hopefully next year I can get out and start living :p

jackles
18-12-10, 17:46
Worse year of my life so far.

:(

But I have found out who my true friends are and have a lot to be grateful for especially their support when I have needed them. *points * you know who you are.:hug:

High point of this year: meeting with my trf friends.

MiCkiZ88
18-12-10, 17:51
2010 for me:

Crap
Awesome
Crap
Double Crap
Woot, England!
Crap.
Woot, parents coming for a visit after two years
Crap, crap, crap, breakdown..
and ending it superb.

Lara Fan 4Life
18-12-10, 17:54
Year started out OK, went to see Gaga in February, was seriously amazing! :cln:

Got my Junior Cert (GCSE in some parts of the UK) results in September, wasn't pleased with them! :/ I got an A, 6 B's and 3 C's, everything in higher level! Then got our Summer Holidays, and went to Spain with my cousins for 2 weeks! Didn't get on with the group of Spanish friends my cousins already made a few years ago, only started to talk to them on the last night at a karaoke bar, which was pretty hilarous! :p

Started Transition Year, which so far, was suppose to be a year building skills, going on work experience and starting up a mini school business selling products! We still do that, but now this year, we have to do every subject the school has to offer, we get projects to do every week, and end of the month tests in every subject ... It's crazy, I'm not liking it so far! :( They piled it on because they know our year would do it, we're a year full of swats. :p

And small things I liked about the year - GOL, new Tomb Raider game and new Britney album announced, X-Factor (Yeah, it made my Saturdays and Sundays, I have a sad life! :p) and my friends really. :)

A.JJ.G
18-12-10, 18:01
+ I made a lot of new friends
+ Did well in most of my subjects
+ I got into a subject I really like for GCSE :jmp:

- That little **** who makes fun of my weight is at it again :mad:
- I wasn't in any of my best friend's classes. :(
- My old laptop went kaput (but + I got a new one)

Another year. Another set of equally good and bad events. (Meh.)

silviu_raider
18-12-10, 18:18
+ fell in love with a fantastic girl
- too bad it didn't last, that it wasn't something for the future; I really hoped (and still kind of do) that we'd make it happen
+ made new friends
- lost a few people I used to call "friends"
+ turned 18
- had quite a few "heart attacks" on my sweet 18 night
+ I've experienced a meteor shower
- I saw none, but I still made a wish, that's identical to my sweet 18 wish, but it hasn't come true yet
+ I got close to 2 people from my class this year, a thing I thought it couldn't be possible with them
+ I am glad that I kept a long made promise to myself
+ I got some great Uni offers
- ... still single

Reggie
18-12-10, 18:33
Crap, almost had a breakdown from being so isolated at college.

Excited, moved home.

Summer exams went well, got Uni offers.

Awesome times @ Birmingham with fellow TRF members.

Did 3 months work at the local charity shop, kept me sane, great experience.

Went to Leeds Uni in September. Yay. :D

3 months of craziness there, emotional rollercoaster - good times but had large sum of money stolen, family going through stuff, dealing with personal issues...just general craziness... XD

Ending the year back home with family. In a bit of a rut atm but am trying to break out of that...looking to the future more now.

RihannaFan
18-12-10, 18:36
The Year Of 2010 For Me:

this year was pretty great, met many great people, went to many places and so on. :D:D

TRLegendLuver
19-12-10, 03:27
Terrible year for me. :pi:

Andyroo
19-12-10, 05:01
Crap year and I'll be glad when it's a over and I can try to start fresh on the new year.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-12-10, 05:11
Very promising, and the most successful year of my life thus far. Really looking forward to what next year has to offer as well. :yah:

Phlip
19-12-10, 05:13
It's been a crap year, tbh. :hea: 2009 was pretty awful, too.

cezy rockeru
19-12-10, 09:29
I really hope 2011 will be better for all of you:hug:

patriots88888
19-12-10, 10:05
What's not to like? I have a roof over my head, good health and a sweet angel. :gki: :hug: Couldn't ask for much more than that. As long as I'm alive and kickin', every year is a good year. :)

sandygrimm
19-12-10, 10:26
^ the good health is debatable :p but aye, been a good year, ups and downs.
Had mah muffin all the way always beside me, when things got hard :hug: :gki:, and I am forever thankful
got into a tax free year with a 50$ monthly grant
hardest was when mom left to work in another country, left me in charge.. it wasn't easy at first, but nothing is...

Rai
19-12-10, 12:13
For the most part...quite boring and uneventful.

Finally got a job in October, now I can look forward to 2011 in hope that more things improve.

Mikky
19-12-10, 13:27
It was actually a pretty boring year overall, but it still had some awesome moments.

The time GoL was announced.

The time I played GoL for the first time

And finally the time TR2011 was announced. :D

:tea:

And getting to know all of you, obvioulsy! :hug: :gki:

Liara
19-12-10, 13:33
Well.... I can't remember anything good this year.
Hmm, pretty much same here. Unless me watching all the Doctor Who episodes in the space of half a month counts (which shouldn't, seeing as that made my eyes turn to jelly).

So much for hoping that being a uni student would turn out to be the best years of my life. I hate it when people hype things up. *insert nasty words here*

igonge
19-12-10, 13:49
This year has been petty uneventful for me. Had a really **** start to the year since it stemmed off from the single worst year of my life: 2009. This year has really been my transition year from kid to young adult, I threw myself into the deep end when I dropped out of High School and opted for studying my chosen few high school subjects at college (got dropped from two of them already :() and got a job. My usual group of friends turned ugly towards me mostly due to my independent decisions, they thought I was deliberately making these choices to spite them, I ultimately dumped them for being unsupportive narrow minded cows. This year has been pretty hard to adjust to for me but after Summer the year took a positive turn and life began to feel happier. I made a few new good friends this year who have supported me throughout 2010, they'll know who they are, thank you. ;)

2011 is looking bright for me. Starting an important new chapter in my life. :D

MattTR
20-12-10, 04:48
Really dislike the amount of negative I'm seeing, I guess it's a mix. :( We can all hope 2011 will be a better year and bring heaps of happiness. :yah:

Hang in there, ladies and gentlemen. :hug:

Mikky
20-12-10, 04:54
Really dislike the amount of negative I'm seeing, I guess it's a mix. :( We can all hope 2011 will be a better year and bring heaps of happiness. :yah:

Hang in there, ladies and gentlemen. :hug:

Oh, with me turning 18 and TOMB RAIDER being released, I doubt 2011 will be that bad. :D I'm still hanging in there! :D

MattTR
20-12-10, 04:55
Oh, with me turning 18 and TOMB RAIDER being released, I doubt 2011 will be that bad. :D I'm still hanging in there! :D

That's the spirit, you go boy! :cool: