PDA

View Full Version : Height help!

TombRaider4444
18-12-10, 14:54
As half asian and 14 years old I'm a tiny 5 foot 1/2" male. Any suggestions beside knee surgery to get taller. :( :o

Chocola teapot
18-12-10, 14:54
Stiletto Heels.

digitizedboy
18-12-10, 14:55
http://www.visualstatistics.net/east-west/witch%20trials/Rack.jpg

peeves
18-12-10, 14:56
Seriously i have no idea but you're probably short anyway due to genetics. So there really ain't much you can do about it.

Underworld2008
18-12-10, 15:02
I don't think there is anyway to be taller...apart from heels...

Ikas90
18-12-10, 15:16
Sleep right, eat right is all I can suggest.

Besides, you're 14. You should keep growing until you're 21.

sandygrimm
18-12-10, 15:16
basketball

Underworld2008
18-12-10, 15:18
Besides, you're 14. You should keep growing until you're 21.

Oh yeah. Why are you worrying about your height...you will grow..growth spurts :P

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 15:30
How tall are your parents?

I remember I was always shorter than everyone else in school until I was about 13/14. I'm about 5'9 and still growing. As Ikas said, you grow until you're 21 anyway.

LNSNHGTDS
18-12-10, 15:33
I am tall, and there's nothing really special 'bout it xD ! I usually get a lot of compliments and I get really embarrased, I don't like being told comments like (The followings are just examples :o :vlol: ! ) "Oh how smart you are! " or "Oh how tall you are. " , though if you like being complimenetd you'll like it. Anyway, you'll sure get taller when you grow up and there's really nothing wrong with being short xD .

I'm also kind of fat though :o and I worry that when I stop growing I'll look like Underworld Lara's breast :S :vlol: .

Dennis's Mom
18-12-10, 15:33
You are far too young to worry about your height. You've got at least six years of growing ahead of you.

However, look around at your close family. They are the best indicators of your height options. Don't exclude grandparents. My own son inherited by dad's height and somewhere between the ages of 14-16 grew to over six feet tall. I'm not sure he won't make it to 6'4" before he's done.

Just relax, eat healthy and be patient. ;)

Joely-Moley
18-12-10, 15:57
You are still really young, trust me you will have some growth spurts over the couple of years. As others as said, just be patient, eat right and sleep well.

Being tall is overrated. I'm like 6ft 4 and it's no fun :p

peeves
18-12-10, 16:27
You are still really young, trust me you will have some growth spurts over the couple of years. As others as said, just be patient, eat right and sleep well.

Being tall is overrated. I'm like 6ft 4 and it's no fun :p

Actually being tall is underrated being short is overrated because it sucks IMO. It's better to be tall than short.

Chocola teapot
18-12-10, 16:34
I'm about 5'9 and still growing. As Ikas said, you grow until you're 21 anyway.

Just keep telling yourself that, small hands.

http://i55.************/34e46mf.png

MiCkiZ88
18-12-10, 16:35
Actually being tall is underrated being short is overrated because it sucks IMO. It's better to be tall than short.
I disagree with that. I'm 6'4'' and I get awkward looks all the time. Short is something people are used to, but when there's almost a 2 meter tall guy walking on the street.. a lot of heads turn, and definitely not always in a good manner.

peeves
18-12-10, 16:36
I disagree with that. I'm 6'4'' and I get awkward looks all the time. Short is something people are used to, but when there's almost a 2 meter tall guy walking on the street.. a lot of heads turn, and definitely not always in a good manner.

Well you should be glad your tall because there are short people that get wierd looks IMO. Sometimes short people don't get many advantages as tall people do.

Joely-Moley
18-12-10, 16:47

I disagree. :ton:

6'4 right here! I always find people want to pick fights with me in clubs. They like to seem tough and if they can take on the big guy. It's so annoying.

Liara
18-12-10, 17:00
Just keep telling yourself that, small hands.
http://i55.************/34e46mf.png
OH SNAP! Sorry, couldn't resist... >.>

I'm pretty petite myself and 21 already, so I guess no hope left for me. But height ain't no big deal. If someone is teasing you about it then just brush it off. Tall people get made fun of too (my sibling gets called a "pencil" and stuff like that all the time). Heck, being shorter than the rest means you can keep your balance better because your center of gravity is positioned lower.

cezy rockeru
18-12-10, 17:01
I have 1.80 m and I keep growing:eek:
Don't stop hoping;)

Dennis's Mom
18-12-10, 17:05

I'm sure people's reaction depend on your region. In the US, six plus feet is not so uncommon as to warrant comment.

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 20:18
Don't worry about being short, you still have years to grow. :) Even if you stay short, there is nothing wrong with that.

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 20:25
What's not overrated is being of average height. I'd hate to be like 6'4 or 5'4.

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 20:31
lol I suppose. I feel like I'm an in between height. I'm right at 5'7", which is a couple inches above average for women, but still not tall. I like it, but I don't feel like it's anything special, just normal. :p

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 20:41
Women don't have to worry about their height as much though. If you're a 5'4 male you've got no chance with most women. Even the short women don't want short men and you'll often find it's the short women who demand that their men be 6'2+ :p

Azerutan
18-12-10, 20:46
There is indeed a surgery to get a bit taller, but it is extremely painful (they basically cut your legs so the bones can grow), are you sure it's something worth trying? Height does matter in our society,but...

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 20:46
Not always true, though. I have an aunt (who's younger than me, but that's beside the point lol) who is 5'1", and she insists on only dating short guys. 5'6" is her limit, no taller than that. :vlol:

My mom always liked shorter guys when she was young as well. Like 5'6"-5'8" was ideal for her.

Some women really dig short guys, and men don't even realize it. As for me, I can't say I have a preference, because it depends on the guy. Some short guys rock, and tall guys are great too. It depends on what suits the guy. As long as they are taller than me, that's all I care about as far as height goes. :p

Confidence in yourself matters the most. Not to be confused with arrogance, however. People should be content and happy with how they look, tall or short. That's what matters the most, and it's attractive when people are confident (not arrogant).

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 20:51
Not always true, though. I have an aunt (who's younger than me, but that's beside the point lol) who is 5'1", and she insists on only dating short guys. 5'6" is her limit, no taller than that. :vlol:

My mom always liked shorter guys when she was young as well. Like 5'6"-5'8" was ideal for her.

Some women really dig short guys, and men don't even realize it. As for me, I can't say I have a preference, because it depends on the guy. Some short guys rock, and tall guys are great too. It depends on what suits the guy. As long as they are taller than me, that's all I care about as far as height goes. :p

Confidence in yourself matters the most. Not to be confused with arrogance, however. People should be content and happy with how they look, tall or short. That's what matters the most, and it's attractive when people are confident (not arrogant).Must admit I've never heard of a woman only willing to date short guys before. :vlol: I guess with those plus the large numbers of women who will only date guys over 6'0 leaves us average guys out. :p

I've always understood it when a woman wants their boyfriend to be taller than them, I just don't get the obsession with wanting them half a foot taller.

\Tomb Raider/
18-12-10, 21:02
basketball

:D

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 21:29
Must admit I've never heard of a woman only willing to date short guys before. :vlol: I guess with those plus the large numbers of women who will only date guys over 6'0 leaves us average guys out. :p

I've always understood it when a woman wants their boyfriend to be taller than them, I just don't get the obsession with wanting them half a foot taller.

You'd be surprised at how many girls like short-ish guys. I've had a lot of girl friends that do. The girls who like tall guys just seem to be more vocal about it I suppose. :p

Really tall guys can make a girl feel safe, but doesn't make much of a difference to me. A 5'8" guy can make me feel just as safe as a 6'5" guy depending on who it is. Height doesn't automatcially indicate strength, which is silly, in my opinion.

I liked a guy who was barely taller than me before, and I've also liked a guy who was over 6' tall. Height really doesn't matter to me. Like I said, taller than me is all that matters, and doesn't even have to be THAT much taller than me.

It's really not as big of a deal to girls as most guys seem to think. I think it's similar to some insecurities girls have with chest size. They assume guys are all about "bigger is better" in that department, but not all guys are like that. Just the same, not all girls think taller guys are better than shorter guys. Some do, but I would say the majority don't mind either way.

Beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes. It's not a clich'e, either. It's true.

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 21:30
Don't get me wrong Mel, you've never come across as shallow but I've met plenty of girls who are unfortunately though.

igonge
18-12-10, 21:31
I was very short at your age. I'm 17 now and I'm still growing, I only just had a growth spurt this year. I thought I was gonna be short for life lol. SALVATION!

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 21:36
Don't get me wrong Mel, you've never come across as shallow but I've met plenty of girls who are unfortunately though.

Well those aren't the types of girls you want to be with anyway, so who cares what they think. There's a lot of douchebag guys out there too, and I don't let their opinions affect how I feel about my image, shape, and size. Nobody should care about impressing shallow people unless they are shallow themselves, so it's no big deal. :)

But anyway, back on topic, I used to be extremely short when I was young. I thought I would always be short, but it randomly changed. I mean seriously, on my 13th birthday party, I went with friends to a restaurant and the waitress guessed I was turning 9. :vlol: I looked like it too, because I was so tiny!

I hit my growth spurt about a year or two later and have been a couple inches taller than average every since. Though people still think I'm younger than I am. I'm 24 and most people think I'm about 17-19. It will work in my favor in the future. :p

Lee croft
18-12-10, 22:00
I'm nearly 19 and im 5ft 5 and a half :o

peeves
18-12-10, 22:01
I'm nearly 19 and im 5ft 5 and a half :o

That's average for a girl. Oh wait you're a guy. Sorry my bad. :o

lara c. fan
18-12-10, 22:04
I'm 14 and around 5 foot 7-8''. I know people who are younger that are taller than me though. :p

Lee croft
18-12-10, 22:04

uhdgbshvhsbvhg

:pi:

ok anyway.

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 22:11

I'm 14 and around 5 foot 7-8''. I know people who are younger that are taller than me though. :p

Actually, the average height for a girl is 5'4" in America and the UK. :p

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 22:14
I'm 14 and around 5 foot 7-8''. I know people who are younger that are taller than me though. :pWhat's that, 2 or 3 inches in this year alone? :p

Your_Envy*
18-12-10, 22:15
I'm 20 and 5'10'' (178 cm). And a girl. Awesome. :pi:

You are young, don't worry. You will grow up so sudden you won't even realize it. :p

lara c. fan
18-12-10, 22:16
Actually, the average height for a girl is 5'4" in America and the UK. :p
I'm not a girl. I was saying my height. D:
What's that, 2 or 3 inches in this year alone? :p

Just about... It's weird. This year has been my growth spurt year. I fully expect to catch up with my 6 foot 6'' brother sometime. :p

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 22:18
I'm not a girl. I was saying my height. D:

Just about... It's weird. This year has been my growth spurt year. I fully expect to catch up with my 6 foot 6'' brother sometime. :pUnlucky. :p

Your_Envy*
18-12-10, 22:27
Ah my brother (he's 21) wasn't really tall either and he is 193 cm tall now. My other brothers are smaller then him (for 1 and 2 cm anyway, but still). :vlol:

lara c. fan
18-12-10, 22:27
Unlucky. :p

I suppose I would be... Ah well. I've over-taken at least 4 members of my family already. D:

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 22:28
I suppose I would be... Ah well. I've over-taken at least 4 members of my family already. D:Or you might just end up tall but not too tall. It's impossible to predict. I have no idea who I get my height from since my mother is tiny and my Dad's 6'0 tall (and stocky, which I'm definitely not).

lara c. fan
18-12-10, 22:30
Or you might just end up tall but not too tall. It's impossible to predict. I have no idea who I get my height from since my mother is tiny and my Dad's 6'0 tall (and stocky, which I'm definitely not).

We'll have to see, I guess.

Heh, my dad's a bit on the stocky side as well, which I'm also no way near. :p

Mad Tony
18-12-10, 22:40
When do people stop growing anyway?

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-10, 23:06
My older brother is about 5'8" and my younger brother is 5'11". It's funny, but my older brother doesn't have any insecurities about it, which is a good thing. I think both of their heights suit them perfectly. :)

@Mad Tony. People stop growing at different ages. I stopped growing at about 16.

@LCfan. My bad, I quoted the wrong post. :vlol:

Dina_Croft
18-12-10, 23:10
It shouldn't be a problem at this age. 14 years old you're still growing.

I'm a 5' 5'' (1.65 m) and I'm 16. You should always look how tall or short are your parents and your brothers.

King.Louie
18-12-10, 23:56
im 16 and i just barely hit the 5 foot mark your just gonna have to wait it out and hope you get taller :p

peeves
19-12-10, 00:16
Wow some of you are tall and some short Anyway I'm 5 ft 9 and I'm 20.

DgoOdz94
19-12-10, 00:24
I'm 15 and somewhere around 5'6-7''.

But, boys usually don't stop growing till they're 21. That means plenty of time to grow! :D

Love2Raid
19-12-10, 00:50
Don't worry too much about it, it's pretty much out of your hands. Being considered short, tall, 'average' ... it all depends on where you live. :)

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 00:56
Don't worry too much about it, it's pretty much out of your hands. Being considered short, tall, 'average' ... it all depends on where you live. :)I think it has much more to do with how tall your parents are. :p

Love2Raid
19-12-10, 01:03
I think it has much more to do with how tall your parents are. :p
Well, what I mean to say is, an Asian guy of average height in his country would feel like a dwarf when he moved to the Netherlands or Denmark. :p

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 01:10
Well, what I mean to say is, an Asian guy of average height in his country would feel like a dwarf when he moved to the Netherlands or Denmark. :pI guess, but ultimately it's your parents height which matters. It's the fact that there are lots of relatively short people in Asia which is why Asia is known for having short people, not the other way around. If your parents are tall likelihood is you'll be tall too, and vice versa. :p

Love2Raid
19-12-10, 01:24
Sure, I know what you mean. But you won't be walking around with your parents the whole time, right? ;)

I mean, one human being could be considered short, average or tall, depending on where he is at the moment. A 6 ft tall guy would be considered as a giant in Japan (just an example). With his parents (assuming they would be about the same height), they would make three giants. :p

I was never talking about 'being short/tall etc', but 'being considered short/tall etc'. ;)

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 01:27
I was never talking about 'being short/tall etc', but 'being considered short/tall etc'. ;)Oh yeah, so you did. My mistake.

Love2Raid
19-12-10, 01:36
I already thought you had misunderstood that. No big deal. :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-12-10, 03:13
I think it has much more to do with how tall your parents are. :p

Sometimes, but not all the time. I know some short parents with really tall kids. It happens. :p

Both of my parents are a little shorter than average, and my older brother is slightly shorter than average as well, but my older brother and myself are slightly taller than average.

ThatNorskChick
19-12-10, 03:16
Sometimes, but not all the time. I know some short parents with really tall kids. It happens. :p

Or tall parents with short kids. :mad:

Azerutan
19-12-10, 03:54
Well, I am a man and my height is only a bit higher than 5'9 and I consider myself short to be honest, but it's not like Southern Europe people are tall anyway...

Rai
19-12-10, 13:18
How tall are any siblings and your parents?

You're 14, you have a good 7 years of growing to do, so don't worry just yet. Look to your parents of an indicator of how tall you'll likely to reach.

CerebralAssassin
19-12-10, 13:30
I didn't know they stack **** that high!:p you're trying to squeeze an inch on me there,sonny?

robwolf666
19-12-10, 13:30
Stiletto Heels.
Platforms - like Kiss.

TombRaider4444
19-12-10, 22:46
My mum is about 5 foot. Dad is 5 foot 4 / 5. 2 older sisters eldest is 5 foot 1 / 1.5 and 2nd sister is about 4 foot 11 / 5 foot. Both have stopped growing.

IM ****ED!

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 23:10
My mum is about 5 foot. Dad is 5 foot 4 / 5. 2 older sisters eldest is 5 foot 1 / 1.5 and 2nd sister is about 4 foot 11 / 5 foot. Both have stopped growing.

IM ****ED!You'll still probably reach 5'4-5'5-ish. I know it's not that tall but at least you'll be taller than most people in your family. :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-12-10, 00:06
Or tall parents with short kids. :mad:

lol. :vlol:

Short is underrated. I love short people, male or female. They have spunk. :mis:

Archetype
20-12-10, 00:25
lol. :vlol:

Short is underrated. I love short people, male or female. They have spunk. :mis:

Small man syndrome? :p