PDA

View Full Version : Britains youngest parents at 14

touchthesky
19-12-10, 17:23
Doesn't it make you so happy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3304377/Britains-youngest-parents-are-both-14.html

Lmfao, bunch of idiots..especially the parents.

Maria said: "April has always helped with them. Now she has got her own baby she insists on doing everything herself - feeding, bathing, clothing. I try to lend a hand but she tells me off."

Give it a month, chick ;)!

In the words of Jeremy Kyle:

"Put something on the end of it."

Disastercaster
19-12-10, 17:28
When I read baby boy I just thought of that song by beyonce :D well good luck to them :ton:

cezy rockeru
19-12-10, 17:29
Oh my!:eek:

NRO.
19-12-10, 17:32
Oh for the sake of everything that is left and is holy!

STOP ****ING LIKE BUNNIES!

Or atleast, use a glove.

larafan25
19-12-10, 17:34
I'd rather hear about how Lady Gaga does her makeup.

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 17:35
What a drain on society.

TombRaiderLover
You know there's no hope for TRF when even a thread about horny teenagers features references to Beyonce and Lady GaGa.

digitizedboy
Only in Britain.

j/k there, but I do read it happening a lot here.

larafan25
19-12-10, 17:36
What a drain on society.

What is a society? :/

Nerd For Life
19-12-10, 17:53
I have no words.

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 17:57
What is a society? :/You're joking right? :confused:

Only in Britain.

j/k there, but I do read it happening a lot here.The fact that you're reading about it now means it's quite rare.

ShadyCroft
19-12-10, 18:10
I'm out of words. They're 14, and they're arguing over some stuff like....I'm out of words.

Rai
19-12-10, 18:23
The fact that you're reading about it now means it's quite rare.

It's getting less rare. It doesn't seem so long ago that we were discussing that baby-faced boy who became a dad aged 13 (was it?), until it turned out he wasn't...

Anyhoo, back to this story. I'm really not too surprised. They obviously knew what the consequences would be when they had unprotected sex. All we can hope is that their baby will be well looked after. But to be arguing over whether the young dad should have his son with him over the weekend...he wants to have an active role in his son's upbringing, don't knock it, little mum, April. But I take it the grandparents are the ones financially providing?

trlestew
19-12-10, 18:30
Nothing new to me.

Spong
Mother nature deemed them fit to have a baby, but society decides otherwise. It's really kind of sad.

touchthesky
Only in Britain.

j/k there, but I do read it happening a lot here.

It's because we have the highest rate of teen pregnancies.

jackles
19-12-10, 18:31
Lets try turning this around....father drops out of scene....teenage mum carries on and gets an education....brings child up carefully...works her socks off to make sure her child can have the best advantages in life. Child grows up to become a hard working member of society. One mistake in life shouldn't cloud everything.

Can't happen?? yes it can. I did it.

oh and I was seventeen.

larafan25
19-12-10, 18:40
^Shizaaam!

I knew it was possible.:pi:

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 18:44
It's because we have the highest rate of teen pregnancies.That's only in Europe though I think.

oh and I was seventeen.17 is a little different from 14 don't you think? It's amazing how much people change in those few short years what with puberty and all.

Mother nature deemed them fit to have a baby, but society decides otherwise. It's really kind of sad.What's sad?

touchthesky
19-12-10, 18:48
Lets try turning this around....father drops out of scene....teenage mum carries on and gets an education....brings child up carefully...works her socks off to make sure her child can have the best advantages in life. Child grows up to become a hard working member of society. One mistake in life shouldn't cloud everything.

Can't happen?? yes it can. I did it.

oh and I was seventeen.

But to be fair, they are probably going to grow up to be rubbish parents and abuse the benefits system. Your story, whilst a breath of fresh air is unfortunately one that is few and far between.

robbie_rawr
19-12-10, 18:50
Awwhh the boy has two dads :p
So yeah its shocking she would be allowed to have a child.

coolaideonfire
19-12-10, 18:51
The sad part is according to the article they used protection initially, but after finding they did not "like" it went on their merry way having unprotected sex. It makes me wonder whether they were fully aware of the array of contraceptive options or even the consequences of their actions. Teenagers are naturally going to experiment and they need to be aware of their options as well as consequences that can occur so they can make informed choices.

jackles
19-12-10, 18:51
They could be a week away from fifteen....I was seventeen and a week old.....if my child had been born a week earlier I would have been sixteen. Oh and my husband..because yes dear reader I married him (for him to desert me a year later) was older than me. Not all feckless fathers are teens.

However of course I was a very motivated individual. I just wanted to point out that for every person who ends up on benefits...there is another one who doesn't. but of course the papers cannot create a story out of that can they?

Oh and contraception can fail.

Maybe I was advocating a charitable response at this time of year. :)

Didn't read this until I posted.

But to be fair, they are probably going to grow up to be rubbish parents and abuse the benefits system. Your story, whilst a breath of fresh air is unfortunately one that is few and far between.
one thing I will flag up is that there was very little in the way of benefits then. There was a big incentive to work.

I can remember being called names in the street back in the dark ages. I am sure people thought I was a trollope! :D (and sure some would agree! I do know of other mums who did the same as me though.

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 18:53
I understand what you're saying Jackles but the thing is you are not physically or emotionally mature at 13/14. The age of consent is 16 for a reason.

Alpharaider47
19-12-10, 18:55
I understand what you're saying Jackles but the thing is you are not physically or emotionally mature at 13/14. The age of consent is 16 for a reason.

Everyone's different though... You can't cut people slack with it being Christmas and all?

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 19:09
Everyone's different though... You can't cut people slack with it being Christmas and all?Christmas or no Christmas, 14 is way too young to be bringing up a kid.

Spong
19-12-10, 19:16
...you are not physically or emotionally mature at 13/14.

...14 is way too young to be bringing up a kid.

Nature disagrees with you. How dare she :smk:

ajrich17901
19-12-10, 19:20
Who gives a damn, people can't keep there legs closed anymore anyway so its bound to get younger and younger. If they wanna throw there lifes away, so be it.

I for one fail to care, this issue has nothing to do with me :p
Way I see it, you shouldn't have a kid until "YOU" can take care of it, not your parents.

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 19:25
Nature disagrees with you. How dare she :smk:Are you trying to say 14 is an acceptable age to be having kids?

Spong
19-12-10, 19:31
Are you trying to say 14 is an acceptable age to be having kids?

Mother Nature seems to think so, who am I to argue? Millions of years of evolution says it's fine, the rest are constraints applied by the society we live in. That is what I think is sad.

Cochrane
19-12-10, 19:34
Their chances aren't exactly the very best, but I wish all three of them the best of luck in the future. Yes, those kids made a mistake, but I don't think one should write them off directly as a result.

star-dust
19-12-10, 19:35
Why can't kids just be kids!?:confused:

TheRCroft
19-12-10, 19:38
Why can't kids just be kids!?:confused:

Agreed :tmb:

Now the truth is: "Once upon a time, kids at the age of 14 and less used to play with Barbies and cars, now they play with diapers and bottles".

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 19:52
Mother Nature seems to think so, who am I to argue? Millions of years of evolution says it's fine, the rest are constraints applied by the society we live in. That is what I think is sad.It doesn't matter whether teenagers can have children at that age. There are cases of girls as young as 9 or 10 giving birth (not in this country). The fact is you're not ready to raise a child at that age or even at age 13 or 14. We're not even properly developed until our late teens anyway.

larson n natla
19-12-10, 20:06
Eurgh.

Spong
19-12-10, 20:10
It doesn't matter whether teenagers can have children at that age. There are cases of girls as young as 9 or 10 giving birth (not in this country). The fact is you're not ready to raise a child at that age or even at age 13 or 14. We're not even properly developed until our late teens anyway.

If it's so wrong, why have we evolved that way? You keep saying that young people aren't ready to have children but the laws of nature simply don't agree with you. What you talk about is what I said before, that society has placed these restrictions on when we can or cannot have children - the fact that we need not food or water to stay alive, but the money to buy the food & water. That's the real core of this matter.

NRO.
19-12-10, 20:15
Mother Nature seems to think so, who am I to argue? Millions of years of evolution says it's fine, the rest are constraints applied by the society we live in. That is what I think is sad.

The law of nature says that it's also fine to murder, and that we're all siblings.

But then again, who am I to talk.

Spong
19-12-10, 20:17
The law of nature says that it's also fine to murder...

No it doesn't, that's morals & ethics. Nothing to do with nature.

Archetype
19-12-10, 20:22
If it's so wrong, why have we evolved that way? You keep saying that young people aren't ready to have children but the laws of nature simply don't agree with you. What you talk about is what I said before, that society has placed these restrictions on when we can or cannot have children - the fact that we need not food or water to stay alive, but the money to buy the food & water. That's the real core of this matter.

Bringing a child into this world is a HUGE responsibility. They lack the experience and wisdom that's required to be a parent.

There's also more to providing for a child than just food, water and money.

14 is just FAR too young in my opinion.

Mad Tony
19-12-10, 20:23
If it's so wrong, why have we evolved that way? You keep saying that young people aren't ready to have children but the laws of nature simply don't agree with you. What you talk about is what I said before, that society has placed these restrictions on when we can or cannot have childrenGoing back to your "nature" argument it's clear people that young are not meant to have children. Otherwise, why are we not properly developed at that age?

the fact that we need not food or water to stay alive, but the money to buy the food & water. That's the real core of this matter.What's that got to do with anything? :confused:

Liara
19-12-10, 20:44
Eurgh.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts. Having kids at 16 is one thing, but 14? That's just disturbing.

The Great Chi
19-12-10, 21:06
Baby at 14, on UK state benefit welfare at 15 ?

igonge
19-12-10, 21:21
...Ew!

AmericanAssassin
19-12-10, 21:47
My grandma had my dad when she was 14 and I was born when he was 16. :p

Aphrodite22
19-12-10, 21:53
oh god :vlol:.

:pi:

AmericanAssassin
19-12-10, 21:59
My grandma's parents were also 15 or 16 when they had her. She doesn't know for sure because she was put up for adoption.

Legend 4ever
19-12-10, 22:03
No it doesn't, that's morals & ethics. Nothing to do with nature.

Really? Ever heard of food chains. That's murder and that's natural.

On topic, I think teenage pregnancies should not be commonplace.

trXD
19-12-10, 22:20
Fourteen can't be the youngest parents in britain? :confused:

But yeah, it's stupid to have a child at that stage in your life, they might never be able to support it properly.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 15:12
I saw this in the paper and was horrified! They're totally throwing their childhood/ life away. I mean, you need to become a responsible person and experience life a lot more in some shape or form, and become involved in a very stable relationship before you should even consider having kids.

LaraCablara
21-12-10, 03:01
Going back to your "nature" argument it's clear people that young are not meant to have children. Otherwise, why are we not properly developed at that age?

Your organs work at that age and you desire to have sex. Its natural :o.
If we all lived in the stone age there would be 14 year old moms everywhere because there would be no society to tell the hormonal children its wrong, so they would just do it.

But then again the age of puberty was 18 back then.

Uzi master
21-12-10, 03:41
Really? Ever heard of food chains. That's murder and that's natural.

On topic, I think teenage pregnancies should not be commonplace.

in the food chain animals kill animals of other species for food, and yes most humans do that, or at least eat other species. And usually this isn't classified as murder.

Murder is usually not for food, except for canibals. And also murder is something you do with free will, so is sex, but whether or not you are developed enough at certain ages to get pregnant from sex is not a choice.

cbragg09
21-12-10, 04:16
17 is a little different from 14 don't you think? It's amazing how much people change in those few short years what with puberty and all.

This is true, the way a 14 year old thinks is MUCH different than how a 17 year old thinks. But to have a baby, even at 14, means theyve... yknow, already hit puberty.

Im pretty sure thats how it works anyway

Ikas90
21-12-10, 04:36
Mother nature deemed them fit to have a baby, but society decides otherwise. It's really kind of sad.

I'm actually inclined to agree with you.

But I must say, that these rules of society need to be present, because that is how humanity has evolved. And because of the way we have evolved, we are now facing the consequences. So unfortunately, we have to deal with it.

Mad Tony
21-12-10, 11:03
Your organs work at that age and you desire to have sex. Its natural :o.
If we all lived in the stone age there would be 14 year old moms everywhere because there would be no society to tell the hormonal children its wrong, so they would just do it.

But then again the age of puberty was 18 back then.When did I say it's not natural? All I'm saying is that it's too early to have child - because it is. Some teenagers may be physically capable at that age but they're not emotionally capable or mature enough.

I don't get this obsession with the rule of nature. If "nature" allows it it's automatically ok? No. "Nature" also causes floods but we erect flood defenses you know, because it's the right thing to do. Not the same thing I know but you get my point.

Simochka
21-12-10, 11:16
Eww6 this makes me sick like mtvs show 16 and pregnant.

Why do people have to rush getting babies? They are too young. Now she takes care of her baby and loves it but when her friends turns 16-18 and go to nightclubs and party then she will probably understand what a mistake she made.
I don't understand how her parents are thinking. She gets a baby without enough life experience. I mean what do she know about life and the world? She probably don't even know how to live by herself.

Lara Croft!
21-12-10, 13:30
They are kids themselves, how will they raise other kids? So much for teenage life for those two. And all that because cute Jamie did not like using a condom.:rolleyes:

You know there's no hope for TRF when even a thread about horny teenagers features references to Beyonce and Lady GaGa.

:D Indeed...

Gian Carlo
21-12-10, 17:56
If they want to have babies, why don't let them have?

But of course they will have to have A LOT OF responsability.

Evan C.
21-12-10, 17:58
Wow.

Laurencarter
28-12-10, 18:58
wtf? grandma at 36?

if this continues this woman could be a great great great grandmother before she dies. holy cow

amaris
28-12-10, 19:10
Oh for the sake of everything that is left and is holy!

STOP ****ING LIKE BUNNIES!

Or atleast, use a glove.

:vlol: I know this is a serious situation and all, and I feel horrible about the two kids, but that's hilarious! :vlol:

Ok, on a serious note, that is horrible, I don't care if the kid didn't like the condom, USE IT! :vlol:

No glove no love. :ohn: